Quinten Metsys
MJ
canopeflyer
46 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Arsenal Lobby - Page 30 Empty Re: Arsenal Lobby

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:35 pm

Check out the Tweets of the week with Wilshere,Frimpong,Wojciech & Seaman representing Aresnal

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/2011-12-09/frimpong-laughs-manchester-lucas-has-good-news-and-wilshere-denies-arsenal-bet-tweets-week

NOTE:Check out the boss photo featuring Wilshere,Wojciech & Walcott

Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:35 pm

Nigel Winterburn on Arteta:

“I think it was a bit of a problem for him early on in that everyone was desperate to compare Arteta to Cesc Fabregas, which was unfair,” Nigel Winterburn, who spent 13 years at Arsenal, told Goal.com.
“They are both Spanish and very good ball-players, but they perform different roles.

“I've been really impressed with Arteta, particularly in the last month. He's played a really important role in this great run, controlling the tempo of games and picking out accurate passes.

“He's the kind of player someone like Robin van Persie will really enjoy playing alongside because he will know that the ball is coming and it will be put just where he wants it.”

The 47-year-old won the Premier League and FA Cup double with Arsenal in 1998, and with the Gunners' trophy drought set to enter a seventh year, the former West Ham man believes Arteta can play a key role as they look to contend for major honours again, particularly in the absence of Jack Wilshere.

“I would like to see him improve his shooting from around the edge of the box as he's got the ability to score plenty of goals in this team.

“He's more dynamic than people give him credit for. He's another one of those Spanish players who are technically excellent in position and make opponents work so hard to get the ball back.

“With Jack Wilshere injured, he's been the senior midfielder and I think he's shown he's a very good character to have in the squad. I don't know him personally but he seems a proper professional who has got that experience and provides leadership by example.”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:37 pm

Arsenal Lobby - Page 30 Zp_135454674SM007_Arsenal_Trai_4767

Looks like Song is doing a Moonwalk Razz

Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:00 pm

Arsenal Lobby - Page 30 AgOBPwrCMAACvDO

Arsenal Lobby - Page 30 AgOra_LCEAICYCQ

TA
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:50 pm

@ first picture, Adams?

Can't wait Smile
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:02 am

There is a reason why Tony Adams earned the mantle Mr Arsenal and it is very evident that coaching several thousand miles away from N5 will never dilute his timeless relationship with the club.

The club’s most successful captain, honoured today with his own statue outside the Emirates, may not be a day-to-day presence in and around the dressing-room, but that doesn’t mean he’s not still working his inspirational magic.

While fans have called on the old guard to be more involved in Arsene Wenger’s coaching set-up Adams has made clear he’s not as far removed from events at London Colney as people might have thought.

Speaking in The Telegraph to former teammate Alan Smith, the club’s legendary number 6 revealed he is in regular contact with current captain Robin van Persie and has passed on a few ideas on how to bolster his position as the team’s leader.

“I’ve been texting RVP,” said Adams. “I think he’s a nice guy and was always captaincy material but, before, he just didn’t have enough support. It was much easier for me in my time. I had six or seven lieutenants around me, people who could also take charge.

“So that was something I said to him – get some players around you to back you up. You can’t do it alone. And to be fair, I think Per [Mertesacker] has been a big help. He’s been a good ally in the dressing room from what I hear. Before, there was conflict but now there seems to be a lot more togetherness.”

Adams isn’t the only statue-honoured legend to praise the free-scoring Dutchman. Training alongside Robin during the week and watching him bang the goals in at the weekend, Thierry Henry also spoke warmly about his former teammate and successor.

“What can I say about Robin?,” said Henry to the Arsenal website. “I saw him come in here and at the very beginning he wasn’t the easiest guy to deal with, like I wasn’t I guess.

“But it’s amazing to see how he has improved. That tells you how intelligent a player he is.

“I’m just in admiration. What he is doing right now, thank God he is playing for us and doing well. It’s nice to see a player improve.

“I’m just saying that what Van Persie is doing now, in terms of not just goals but ratio of goals, apart from [Cristiano] Ronaldo and [Lionel] Messi it is ridiculous.

Idolised by the fans and with the club’s greatest captain, manager and goal scorer directing praise in his direction, there can be no doubt in the Dutchman’s mind that he is loved by everyone associated with The Arsenal. Surely that’s worth something when it comes to negotiating a new contract. Arseblog News dearly hopes so.

Happy 125th birthday everybody.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:00 am

New Post - Guardiola and Mourinho prepare for El Classico http://bit.ly/tew4zq

Very Happy :coffee:
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:05 am

I TOLD YOU!

@All the Per Haters -> I TOLD YOU HES MAKING A BIG DIFFERENCE!

So there it is. He is helping RvP in maintaining a sense of responsibility and togetherness. What would you rather have?

Stop hating Per. Show him some more love. Very Happy

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:23 am

Butbut ... he's so weak Sad.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:26 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Butbut ... he's so weak Sad.

Shut up. Passion >> Physical Strength. Anyway, he just got here. Give him time; look how Koscielny has improved since last year. Razz

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:50 am

Koscielny ain't six-foot-six...

Okay, I'll give him another chance.
But if he's at fault for another goal where he could have just pushed the guy off the ball...

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:53 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Koscielny ain't six-foot-six...

Okay, I'll give him another chance.
But if he's at fault for another goal where he could have just pushed the guy off the ball...

He brings calmness and maturity to the dressing room.. And a sense of togetherness.. Would you rather have Squillacci in the team? Or Gallas in the dressing room?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:42 am

'Only Lionel Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo are better than Robin van Persie' - Arsenal legend Thierry Henry hails current star's goalscoring feats

LINK:http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/12/09/2795786/only-lionel-messi-cristiano-ronaldo-are-better-than-robin
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:43 am

Arsene Wenger has admitted to being surprised by Mikel Arteta’s impressive start to life as an Arsenal player.

The Spanish midfielder signed for the Gunners on transfer deadline day from Saturday’s opponents Everton, in a deal worth £10million.
And Wenger believes that as well as being a fine technician on the ball, he is brilliant all-round footballer helping out his team-mates both in defence and attack, which has been crucial to their recent upturn in form.

He said: “Mikel Arteta has been a fantastic addition to our team because his attitude is outstanding. He’s a winner and he’s a fighter.
“People look at him as a technical player but he’s more than that because he’s a team player who fights very hard for the team offensively and defensively, he’s ready to give it all and he’s been a good surprise for me.”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:44 am

Mikel Arteta has defended his decision to quit Everton for Arsenal – insisting he could not turn down the chance to play Champions League football.

The Spaniard sealed a £10m move to the Emirates just minutes before the transfer window closed after telling David Moyes he wanted to leave Goodison Park.

It left Everton with no time to find a replacement and the manner of his departure has understandably upset many Blues fans.

Arteta, however, is hoping Everton fans understand his desire to play in Europe’s elite competition and will remember his time with the club fondly.

“It is a big challenge, a different challenge, fresh for me and I want to see myself on the biggest stage, the Champions League,” he said. “I am 29-years-old so I haven't got much time left to take a chance like this one.

“I think I have done my best for Everton. I always try hard, I have been as professional as I could and I was grateful for the support and the love that the club and the fans showed me.

"It is very difficult to say goodbye. I still can't believe it but at the same time I think it is the right moment for everyone.

"That is the way football is, there is always a start and an end and today is the end of probably the best time of my career. I am never going to forget it."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:44 am

Arsène Wenger believes Thierry Henry should play as long as he can before he considers a switch to management.

The Club's record goalscorer was back at Emirates Stadium on Friday to see a statue of himself unveiled as part of Arsenal's 125th anniversary celebrations.

Henry was immortalised alongside one of Arsenal's most revered managers, Herbert Chapman, and he has been tipped to follow in his footsteps at some point.

Wenger believes his former striker would be a successful boss but he has urged the New York Red Bull star not to hang up his boots just yet.

"Let him first be a player - his career is not over," said Wenger.

"After that you have to learn the job. It is like any other job. You need to learn the team, how to handle people. You do not stop being a player and become a manager the next day. It doesn't work like that.

"I must say, many players I have managed have qualities to be managers. Patrick [Vieira] or Thierry can both be managers. It is a different life from a player. You have to dedicate your life to the team. Players have to make that choice.

"There are many ways to do it. To go in straight away under massive pressure is maybe not the best way of getting used to dealing with the players. It will be him to decide.

"I encourage every player who has a positive philosophy to be a manager. They can bring something positive to the game. They can influence people's lives in a positive way."

Wenger admitted he would be more than happy for Henry to return to Arsenal complete his coaching badges and he dismissed the suggestion that great players do not usually make good managers.

"It's not always the case," said Wenger. "There are plenty of examples in England. It is a different job. It is a good base to be a great player but there are many other ingredients. I do not rule it out. They can be great managers.

"There is a special satisfaction if any player I have had is happy, even if he is a movie maker, a painter or manager. But my one piece of advice is: play as long as you can!"
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:45 am

Theirry Henry: When I first heard about the statue I thought it was a joke!

LINK:http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/kickoff/blog/2011-12-09/henry-when-i-first-heard-about-statue-i-thought-it-was-joke
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:48 am

Per is amazing stop hating, he just came to the league ffs, give him some time. At some point we had Senderos, Silvestre, Gallas, Adebayor, Nasri see the difference. Passion >> Everything.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:59 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Per is amazing stop hating, he just came to the league ffs, give him some time. At some point we had Senderos, Silvestre, Gallas, Adebayor, Nasri see the difference. Passion >> Everything.

Thank you urbaNRoots Smile

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:05 am

Cesc: Happy 125th anniversary to AFC, so much history, very proud to have played a little part of it. Victory would make it more special. GL 2day!

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:08 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Cesc: Happy 125th anniversary to AFC, so much history, very proud to have played a little part of it. Victory would make it more special. GL 2day!

Screw him.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:23 am

RG, I can't post in the banner thread, so I'm going to say that the current banner isn't looking too bad against them...

Though Ace's one is pretty good (:

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:26 am

The current banner looks a bit out dated, and it was just a temp one as well Razz
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:04 pm

srigooner wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Per is amazing stop hating, he just came to the league ffs, give him some time. At some point we had Senderos, Silvestre, Gallas, Adebayor, Nasri see the difference. Passion >> Everything.

Thank you urbaNRoots Smile
Do I have to look for those CL defensive stats? We're topping aerial duels and clearances, FFS. I wonder why? Very Happy
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:50 pm

Hey guys can we have a stat thread? Or should we post them here?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:05 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Hey guys can we have a stat thread? Or should we post them here?
we make new threads then want every single of them to just replace that video lounge thread(as sticky)
then end up with 44 sticky threads Laughing

but stats thread would be great just in place of that video blah sticky it as well Razz
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next