Quinten Metsys
MJ
canopeflyer
46 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Arsenal Lobby - Page 31 Empty Re: Arsenal Lobby

Post by Sina Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:05 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Hey guys can we have a stat thread? Or should we post them here?
we make new threads then want every single of them to just replace that video lounge thread(as sticky)
then end up with 44 sticky threads Laughing

but stats thread would be great just in place of that video blah sticky it as well Razz

Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:25 am

Support Robin :king:

4 more til breaking Shearer's record of 36 goals in a calendar year
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:15 am

Arsene Wenger has praised captain Robin Van Persie for the stunning strike that sealed all three points for Arsenal in the 1-0 win over Everton, though insisted it is the team mentality that is beginning to shine through for the Gunners.

It took Arsenal 70 minutes to finally break down a resilient Everton side, though in the end the Gunners’ quality shone through in a way fitting of the ceremonial celebration of their 125th anniversary.

On a day that Arsenal paid tribute to record goalscorer Thierry Henry, after unveiling a statue of the Frenchman along with Herbert Chapman and Tony Adams, outside the Emirates midweek, it is current phenomenon Van Persie who stole the show.

Latching on to Alex Song’s pass, the talismanic captain took the ball in his stride, before unleashing a left-footed, first-time volley in off the far post, to take him within one goal of equaling Henry’s record of calendar goals in one year at the club.

For Wenger, the goal was a long time coming, as well as an indication of the new-found resilient nature of his side.

“I felt that in the first half we created many chances and the players were a little bit disappointed because we hadn’t scored at half-time,” said Wenger.

“In the second half, they played deeper and gave us less room and we lacked a little bit of team pressure to get them out of position so we needed something special.

“I was always confident that we would get a goal and I was pleased that we kept composure and never gave a goal chance away.

“Robin scored an exceptional goal. He delivered something special and three important points.

“He said it wasn’t his best day but what’s important is that you are efficient. That’s what it is to be professional.”

The result sees Arsenal break into the top four for the first time this season and amidst the distractions provided by the festivities surrounding the game, proves that the Gunners side has matured considerably since their worst ever start to a league campaign.
Wenger shrugged off the suggestion that his side are now fervent contenders for the title but nodded to the fact that a 1-0 win – a result symbolic of efficient Arsenals of old – shows that they are back on track at the business end of the Premier League, breaking into the top four for the first time this season.

“That’s a tradition in football, the goalscorers get all the plaudits. Robin deserves that, he has always been remarkably consistent,” Wenger said.

“I’m very pleased with the fact that defensively we look much more solid. We basically didn’t give a chance away so, on that front, we are better.

“We have to continue. Our spirit is there, the consistency is there, the focus is there and we will see how far we can go.

“Today was a historical day for us and it's not easy to keep focus with so many old faces here.

“It's only a virtual top four because Chelsea play tomorrow. We started so deep, so to be here no-one would have predicted we would be where we are. We are still very far away.

“Today was a celebration. We were a bit historical today because we won 1-0.”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:16 am

Arsene Wenger has praised the ‘amazing’ spirit within his Arsenal side for overcoming the crisis which gripped the club earlier in the season.

A disastrous start to the league season saw the Gunners win just one of their opening five fixtures, losing three.

But after recovering and going on a long unbeaten run, Arsenal have climbed the table to claim a place in the top four for the first time this season.

“I think it is down to the fact that the spirit in the side is good,” Wenger said. “Even today [in the 1-0 win against Everton] when we couldn’t score we kept our concentration defensively.

“The spirit is amazing inside the team and that is why we can do well.

“It is down to the team to make history. We would all like to make history. The desire is there and we will see at the end of the season what we can achieve.”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:17 am

Twoism wrote:Support Robin :king:

4 more til breaking Shearer's record of 36 goals in a calendar year

Robin Van Persie is on course to write his own unique and illustrious entry in English football’s record books.

Arsenal’s master marksman is on target to overtake Alan Shearer and Thierry Henry for scoring the most Premier League goals in a calendar year.

And on the day when Arsenal celebrated their 125th anniversary with an array of their most famous old boys in attendance, there was no doubting the ­quality of the Van Persie ­left-foot volley that clinched the points and emphasised his value to the Gunners’ cause.

Manager Arsene Wenger said: “We needed something special to score and in the end Robin got it.

“I have to give credit to Alex Song who gave him a great ball, but it’s never easy to score this kind of goal. You have to get the timing right. It is an art, but Robin masters it well. We seem to be very Van Persie-dependent at the moment. He ­delivered something special. It was ­exceptional, but even he said it was not his best of days.”

That’s the thing with great goalscorers. Sometimes they don’t play well but they still grab the headlines.

But one sensational headline Wenger was quick to dismiss was the suggestion that Henry might be on the brink of a shock return to the club.

On Friday, the French ­superstar shed a tear as he ­unveiled the status in his honour that stands outside the Emirates Stadium.

Yesterday Martin Keown, his old Gunners team-mate ­tweeted the suggestion that Henry was looking good in training and merited a shock return to the Arsenal playing ranks.

Henry was among the great and good in attendance at the game with the likes of former boss George Graham.

And Wenger was quick to block that controversial ­suggestion – but then delivered an equally contentious suggestion of his own.

On Henry, who has just completed a season with New York Red Bulls, Wenger said: “He is going back to a training camp on January 15.

“I am losing players like ­Marouane Chamakh and ­Gervinho to the African Cup of Nations, but I have players like Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ju Young Park and Andrey ­Arshavin to come in.”

To the suggestion that Van Persie deserves permanent recognition, Wenger said: “A statue for him? Well, we were historical today because we won 1-0! George Graham was here and deserves a statue.”

Everton boss David Moyes paid his tribute to the goal from Van Persie.

Moyes said: “It was a terrific finish. I have to admit that we were fortunate to go in 0-0 at half-time. We defended well at times and badly at others.

“There was always someone there to make a block and cover. Tim Howard only had two saves to make from Gervinho in the first half and from Theo Walcott in the second.

“Arsenal are full of confidence and we’re having a tough time. This was always going to be a hard place to come, but I thought our players acquitted themselves well.”

Other Gunners legends at the game included Frank ­McLintock – double-winning captain in 1971 – along with Ian Wright, Anders Limpar and Charlie George, record appearance holder David O’Leary.

Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:40 pm

JUST WATCHED 1st half highlights of sunder-bburn Laughing

Arsenal Lobby - Page 31 Roflbot
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:31 pm

Spurs to be handed a defeat? Very Happy
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:03 pm

For those who don't know.

We will no longer be doing "live" threads in the arsenal forums anymore.

Instead, we will be adding the team news in the preview thread, and chatting about the game in them threads.

This is because no one really uses the live threads any more, and it's cluttering the forums up.

Thanks to Sri for the idea.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:40 pm

David Moyes admits he spoke with Thierry Henry on the weekend about signing him on loan for Everton http://bit.ly/tyK3Rj
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:53 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:For those who don't know.

Instead, we will be adding the team news in the preview thread, and chatting about the game in them threads.

This is because no one really uses the live threads any more, and it's cluttering the forums up.

I was sarcastic. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:01 am

:facepalm:
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:23 am

I think its a great idea.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:25 am

live thread is ghost town now, used to be at least 5 to 6 pages but now 10 posts max. So I'm ok without it
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:44 am

srigooner wrote:

I was sarcastic. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Everyone thinks it's a good idea!
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:45 am

found this on tumblr

"Spurs best start since 1961 only to find themselves 2 pts in front of the great Arsenal who have their worst start in 58 years."
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:52 am

aleumdance wrote: found this on tumblr

"Spurs best start since 1961 only to find themselves 2 pts in front of the great Arsenal who have their worst start in 58 years."

LOL, that just shows how bad the Spuds are. Very Happy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:15 am

Hey Raptor, that signature of yours gave me some seriously wrong idea smoking
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:33 am

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is set to remain in his job "for a long time to come," according to club chief executive Ivan Gazidis.

The Frenchman, who was under intense pressure earlier this season following the club's worst start to a campaign in over half a century, has overseen a turnaround in the last couple of months with the Gunners moving into the top four of the Premier League on Saturday with a 1-0 win over Everton.

Despite the torrid opening to the season, which included Wenger's side being beaten 8-2 by Manchester United at Old Trafford, Gazidis insists the Frenchman's job was never under threat, and feels there is a good chance that the former Monaco boss will remain in north London for many years.

"Arsene’s only 62 and in great shape and I don’t sense any weakening of his desire," Gazidis told reporters. "Nobody knows what the future holds but it is entirely possible that he will be with the club for a long time to come.”

Questions over Wenger's future at Arsenal arose following an interview that he gave with French newspaper L'Equipe back in November, in which he admitted that he would review his position at the end of the season. But with Wenger having since quashed rumours about his possible departure, Gazidis is looking to the future.

"I read that but the conversation I had with him in Athens was talking about squad planning for 2016-17. I know what he meant by talking about the short-term. He wants to be successful and that’s important.
"At the same time he cares about this club so deeply, he’s thinking about things that will only impact the club after he has gone.

"That is very unusual, not unique, but very unusual. Football is a very volatile world. One of the great advantages we have through our continuity - and Manchester United have this in Sir Alex Ferguson - is that we have a manager who actually puts the club above his own self interest.

“It is a privilege to work with Arsene. He is an extraordinary individual with an unbelievable commitment to the club.”

Gazidis also discussed the idea of Wenger moving into an executive position when he eventually leaves his current post at the club, but was keen to make clear that it is not something planned for the time being.

"That transition, whenever it happens, will be very significant for the club," he said. "I cant predict exactly how. It certainly isn’t happening in the foreseeable future.
"You’ll always have significant challenge when a giant like Arsene does decide to move on to something new. The strength of Arsene and the club is that the thought process is seamless.

"A lot of discussions are about things that will be in place after he’s gone. His departure wouldn’t invalidate that. His knowledge and vision is embedded into the club. It is hard-wired into us."

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:54 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:
srigooner wrote:

Everyone thinks it's a good idea!

If my sarcastic idea is so well received, I want to know what'd be the case when I have an idea when I am not sarcastic Razz

Okay okay, jokes apart. I loved the Live Threads. I hate Chat, cause I watch matches on streams at univ and it's a pain to switch to a chat window and not get logged out of it and put in my comments. And live thread was Arsenal specific, while chat is not and I can't follow other games when my beloved Arsenal play. However, its time is now evidently gone. Rest In Peace, Live Thread; I will be among the handful who misses you. Sad Sad

[I think that is a fitting adieu to live threads Smile ]

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:49 am

I think that chat box is useless cause it's so clustered. I mean what i think we should do imo is make tabs for seperate matches; then it won't be so clustered with so many comments.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:58 am

Maybe RG should comment on the matter.

Sri, we will still have the post-match threads from Jay.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:24 am

Maybe we Arsenal fans should agree to not post in the chat anymore and use the live thread like we were used to. I wouldn't want stop the live threads.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:53 am

Robin van Persie admits there was an element of hopefulness in his glorious winner against Everton on Saturday.

The Arsenal captain struck a sweet volley with 20 minutes remaining to sink David Moyes’ side and register his 15th league goal of the campaign.

Van Persie concedes he took a risk and hailed the role of architect Alex Song.

“Normally I would have taken a touch to get it right,” the Dutchman told Arsenal Player. “It was a bit of a gamble but in the end a very nice goal just inside the post. I can't wish for more.

“It was a great pass again from Alex Song. It's unbelievable - he's a defensive midfielder but the amount of skill he has is just a dream.

“It was vital to stay on track and get the three points,” he added. “It was a hard game against a good Everton side so in the end we were very pleased.

“We've played solid at the back for a couple of weeks now - I mean really solid. You know then that as a forward player, one chance can be decisive.”
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:40 pm

i dont usually participate in the live match thread as i prefer to concentrate and enjoy the match on tv and login for the postmatch thread.. But if there are people who would like to chat and post comments during the match its better to have the live thread instead of mixing it with preview..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:27 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Maybe we Arsenal fans should agree to not post in the chat anymore and use the live thread like we were used to. I wouldn't want stop the live threads.

I 2nd this, its ghost town now but it still could be better, mostly just Sri now Sad
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:33 pm

Personally, I wouldn't be in either during match day, since I'm usually watching with my brother without access to a computer. I pop into the chat at half-time and full-time.

I don't think it's get that clustered during match day, especially since our kick-off times are always different to everyone elses. So long as we're not playing the same time as Madrid are, it's pretty good.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next