Quinten Metsys
MJ
canopeflyer
46 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Arsenal Lobby - Page 40 Empty Re: Arsenal Lobby

Post by Sushi Master Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:48 pm

We should highjack that Pato deal banana Another guy who could play either wings or as lone striker.

Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:33 pm

The Guardian readers have named their PL team of the season so far. RVP included (obviously). Koscielny just misses out

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/dec/29/guardian-readers-team-season-so-far
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:31 pm

And so to the worst performers. In many cases readers' appraisals seem to have been all the harsher because of the high expectations invested in players: so, for example, Arsenal's worst player so far this season has apparently been Theo Walcott,
no need to say anymore :coffee:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:22 pm

New Post - January transfer window Preview – The top 5 http://t.co/nkTPQJua

:coffee: Very Happy
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:35 pm

Morocco confirm Marouane Chamakh in squad for ACN.

http://www.supersport.com/football/article.aspx?Id=1183501
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:43 pm

When do they leave for African cup.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:13 am

From street football to centre stage, it's the making of Super Van Persie

Arsenal Lobby - Page 40 Article-2078378-0000E92E0000238C-418_306x423
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:25 am

At least Cameroon didn't qualify or this January could of been very rough, no Song or Gervinho..
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:56 am

My Arsenal v QPR preview will be out later today.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:47 pm

QPR fullback Armand Traore rates Alex Song as Arsenal's most influential player.

The left-back makes his first return to the Emirates Stadium with QPR tomorrow since his summer transfer.

Robin van Persie is enjoying a record-breaking year, but Traore said: “I think we will have to be careful of their unsung hero Alex Song as well. He makes the team for them and is a really, really good player. It’s going to be a very difficult game.”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:50 pm

Thierry Henry is set to make his Arsenal return this Monday against Fulham.

The Daily Star says the Gunners legend was put through a double training session to prepare him for a sensational return to action at Fulham on Monday. Henry, 34, also took part in a team meeting yesterday as he embarks on his second spell with the north Londoners.

Club record scorer Henry - who will wear the No.12 shirt - is expected to stay six weeks before returning to New York Red Bulls for the start of their season on March 11.

The Premier League confirmed last night Arsenal could register a player before the transfer window opens on Sunday. That means Henry could make his second debut for the club at Craven Cottage.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:51 pm

Arsenal are putting Thierry Henry through an intensive fitness programme to get him Premier League ready.

The Sun says the legendary striker, 34, is set to return to the club in a loan spell until March with Arsenal officials last night locked in talks with New York Red Bulls and the MLS.

Although Henry has been training with his former club during the MLS off-season, he is still not 100 per cent match-fit and has only just returned from a holiday in Mexico.

Boss Arsene Wenger is keen for Henry, 34, who left Arsenal for Barcelona in 2007, to make a brief return to the club.

Equally, the French ace is also keen to help the team, who need immediate back-up for key man Robin van Persie.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:52 pm

Former Arsenal fullback Nigel Winterburn believes Thierry Henry can make an impact at Emirates.

Manager Arsene Wenger has been weighing up a move for the club's record goalscorer, who would be a available on a short-term loan deal from his Major League Soccer side New York Red Bulls, and reports have suggested a two-month offer is on the table.

Asked about the possibility of a deal, Winterburn told Sky Sports News: "I hope everything works out as everyone is expecting.

"It's terrific news for supporters of Arsenal. Thierry Henry is a winner. If he can make that rub off on players around him it can only be good for them.

"I hope everything fits into place."

Despite his enthusiasm to see the Frenchman back in Arsenal colours, Winterburn admitted Henry's return would be something of a gamble.

"If it works out well it will be a terrific move by Arsene Wenger, but on the flipside if it doesn't work out well people will say 'why didn't he go out and get a world-class current striker?'

"Will he play in that central role and maybe Robin van Persie move out to the left? Van Persie is the top man at Arsenal at this time. There are a lot of questions to answer but Arsenal would be delighted to have him back for this short time."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:32 pm

Arsenal Lobby - Page 40 136266007

Suspect Laughing
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:44 pm

Arsenal skipper Robin van Persie has lifted the lid on his goal celebrations.

Two of Van Persie's most memorable celebrations this season came after his goals in Arsenal's 2-1 victory against Norwich in November, when he first swung an imaginary golf club and then did a chipping signal with his hand.

"It came up because I chipped [the ball for the second goal] and just wanted to make sure that everybody knew. Only joking!" Van Persie told arsenal.com.

"Me and Theo always speak about golf and sometimes play. Theo, by the way, is much better than me, but we do like it. Suddenly when I scored, he had a perfect cross and I had a tap-in, [the celebration for the first goal] was out of nothing really. We didn't really speak about it beforehand, it was just natural."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:44 pm

Arsenal captain Robin van Persie wants to improve his aerial ability.

Van Persie nodded home against Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League and headed goals at Newcastle and Leeds last season. But the striker believes there is plenty of room for improvement in that department.

“I do work on that because I think it's just about getting that crucial information in your brain that you actually can do it,” Van Persie told Arsenal Player. “Heading is not really about height, that it's only for tall people.

“It can be for lots of people - look at Tim Cahill at Everton, for example. He jumps highest and his timing is always right. I think I spoke after the Leeds game that I want to score more headers.

“I would like to score more but at least there has been some improvements in the last year. I do feel that it can be a strong point from my point of view.

“With heading everything needs to come together because you have to balance your steps, take a look and calculate your own measurements.

“I have it in me, I know that and I show that but I want to do it more and really make it my weapon.”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:45 pm

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger insists they're not obsessing over Robin van Persie's scoring record.

The Dutchman needs to score three times against QPR in the final match of 2011 to beat Alan Shearer’s landmark of 36 goals in a calendar year, but Wenger says the good of the team must come first.

“I believe what is important is that the team win the games. Robin is the leader of this team and the leader of the club at the moment. He will remembered for how far he takes the team,” Wenger told Arsenal Player.

“People will forget the record but people will remember how he has led the team.

“I should not put any pressure on him. There is enough on him at the moment that you should not add any. He just has to enjoy his football and lead the team as he does.”

-------

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=14914
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down