Nishankly
BarcaLearning
RealGunner
Mr Nick09
S
27 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Not Worthy of a Thread Mk. III - Page 5 Empty Re: Not Worthy of a Thread Mk. III

Post by Myesyats Wed 26 Jun 2024 - 15:40

You are arguing with a nonexistent claim though. Obviously robbery isn't part of any culture, but elements that could potentially lead to theft are

Some cultures respect authority and individual property more than others, some are more comfortable with nudity than others, but its not only related to negative concepts also academic excellence etc

It's only one of the factors, alongside economic ones and others. But the concept of a "culture shock" exists for a reason

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Not Worthy of a Thread Mk. III - Page 5 Empty Re: Not Worthy of a Thread Mk. III

Post by Thimmy Wed 26 Jun 2024 - 15:44

Myesyats wrote:the concept of a "culture shock" exists for a reason

Because people are racist? hmm

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed 26 Jun 2024 - 16:18

Is it racist to point out that some Asian cultures excel academically because they put more emphasis on education ?

Facts are facts regardless if they offend you or not

I'm not reducing every individual in a given culture to a singular characterization. I'm saying certain values that various distinct cultures put emphasis on may lead to different outcomes, both negative and positive
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu 27 Jun 2024 - 9:59

Its nowhere near racist to point out that Asians being that way is racist it's more of a stereotype if anything but also comes from general confucian values and simply the standards put upon their children.

If anyone here finds that offensive I could not care less but it is generally a vector that whilst dying out, remains prevalent within the general oriental scope be it Korean or Chinese.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu 27 Jun 2024 - 11:09

again, i never said that was racist... Myestats and Timothy lost their minds and made a bunch of other conclusions when i said that word
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu 27 Jun 2024 - 16:38

Borderline racist doesn’t sound that much better 😅
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu 27 Jun 2024 - 17:15

I didn't realize this discussion was still going Laughing

My point was specific to the crime we're talking about here: Armed robbery targeting high net worth individuals. I'm saying that this sort of crime happens in every country that is an attractive hub for international business. "Culture" isn't the reason Georgian burglary gangs are active in France and not Norway or Poland Laughing The same for the Russian mafia in Spain or even in uber strict places like Dubai.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu 27 Jun 2024 - 22:19

I thought we were talking about home robberies. Didn't care much for the conversation until EG added the borderline racist comment. That didn't sound as casual and inconsequential to me, as he may have thought it was when he said it Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu 27 Jun 2024 - 23:21

just don't call robberies cultural, that's all i'm saying... i'm saving you and myescats from potential embarrassment if you were to repeat it again in a social context
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri 28 Jun 2024 - 1:02

I can take care of myself. The possibility that someone will take things the wrong way or see things from an angle that wasn't intended will always be there, and it's much easier to explain things verbally. Unlike on online forums, no one will accuse you of writing walls of text when you're trying to elaborate your point without leaving room for misinterpretation, and I wouldn't walk away from written discussions with someone like McLewis if we were speaking in person. Sometimes, it's just not worth it to leave the conversation open if it's in writing and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. When you're speaking to someone, there are so many more ways to express your point and your thoughts concisely and conclusively.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri 28 Jun 2024 - 10:05

Man Thimmy's comprehensive style is refreshing in a forum where that is a bit rare now it's always easy to read and somehow he always has to explain himself.

Generally anyone who sticks to their guns is worthy of respect if with reason.

The ultimate conclusion coming from Baggio's robbery is:

"Okay we have a high stakes target"

"Who is it"

"Former footballer named Roberto Baggio"

"You mean Il Divin Codino?"

"Yeah"

"No no he's one of the greatest #10s in footballing history next target please"

This isn't a conversation that will ever happen with people who are already committing something immoral and vile, just to answer BarcaLearned's questions

Because I know for a fact if I was in such a situation having me commit to rob someone I would do the same even if it's basically my all time favourite player in Baggio, above. Maybe just be a bit less brutish about it.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri 28 Jun 2024 - 17:45

El Gunner wrote:just don't call robberies cultural, that's all i'm saying... i'm saving you and myescats from potential embarrassment if you were to repeat it again in a social context

Haha what, I don't think Anything about my statements is controversial, and I did not say what you are implying that I said

Anyway my social circle looks like a Klan gathering so jokes on you rofl and to add to that, people are not that sensitive offline is what I can say from experience
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri 28 Jun 2024 - 20:47

yea those ignorant racist "jokes" must go crazy in your KKK
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri 28 Jun 2024 - 20:54

Thimmy wrote:I do think it’s based around culture, but not the type of culture that’s distinctive to a particular nation or race/ethnicity of people, but rather the amalgamation of several factors that shapes the foundation for these things to more easily occur. I don’t know what that has to do with race. It’s an unfortunate circumstance of various factors. It would be racist or prejudistic to suggest that people are born that way.

I mean this pretty much sums it up, and racism doesnt even apply here
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Yesterday at 0:19

Myesyats,... how can I join your clan...
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Yesterday at 9:16

Arquitecto wrote:Myesyats,... how can I join your clan...

Not Worthy of a Thread Mk. III - Page 5 Giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952hcx8ry472sdjqvhghqgpieipeul6o13a8fb3dhi8&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Yesterday at 10:41

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-blrSiFOVU
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Yesterday at 15:28

Was watching a travel show last week (white guy in Nigeria) and a pregnant black lady refused to get into a taxi with him because it would be a bad omen for her unborn child to ride in the same car with a white

Ain't that racist now hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Yesterday at 21:08

Thimmy wrote:Home robberies are almost non-existent here as well, although the majority of people go through their lives never having seen a gun.

I may be wrong, but I do believe guns are more common in Italy than they are in Scandinavia. A friend of mine took a picture from outside a pub in italy where there was a sign saying that guns are not permitted to be brought inside Laughing

Scandinavia has a fantastic system. The Nordic model should be followed as the barometer of success a first world country should strive for in my opinion.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Yesterday at 21:27

I have never seen a gun in my life except in a museum or when I served in mandatory military. I think the knife crimes are alot more common and not talked enough
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Today at 11:20

Myesyats wrote:Was watching a travel show last week (white guy in Nigeria) and a pregnant black lady refused to get into a taxi with him because it would be a bad omen for her unborn child to ride in the same car with a white

Ain't that racist now hmm

dude, you're embarrassing yourself
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Today at 11:22

FennecFox7 wrote:
Thimmy wrote:Home robberies are almost non-existent here as well, although the majority of people go through their lives never having seen a gun.

I may be wrong, but I do believe guns are more common in Italy than they are in Scandinavia. A friend of mine took a picture from outside a pub in italy where there was a sign saying that guns are not permitted to be brought inside Laughing

Scandinavia has a fantastic system. The Nordic model should be followed as the barometer of success a first world country should strive for in my opinion.

is it really still great?? i mean the immigrants and lgbtq's are taking over
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5