Quinten Metsys
MJ
canopeflyer
46 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Arsenal Lobby - Page 35 Empty Re: Arsenal Lobby

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:59 pm

Arsenal could delay Boxing Day game against Wolves by 24 hours due to planned tube strike

SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:09 pm

MJGunner wrote:Premier League chief Richard Scumadore has revealed he has no sympathy for Arsenal or manager Arsene Wenger over losing star players to rivals Manchester City.

Since being taken over by the Abu Dhabi United Group in 2008, City have signed Emmanuel Adebayor, Kolo Toure, Gael Clichy and Samir Nasri from the Gunners, and recent months have also seen them linked with an imminent move for talismanic captain Robin van Persie.

Wenger recently remarked that he found it “painful” to watch City raid his squad once more last summer, but Scudamore insists he does not feel sorry for the Gunners when they say they can no longer compete financially.

"I don't feel sorry for anybody, in the sense that they are all in the same competitive way,” Scudamore told reporters.

"They cannot compete financially so they have to compete in other ways. Arsene Wenger has the talent, skill and nous to be able to do that.

"Arsenal have not exactly been shy in paying good wages and paying for players in the past.

"They have to cut their cloth accordingly. I'm sure that doesn't mean they cannot compete for the title."

This pisses me off. Not because of what this tool said but because of the blue part. :facepalm:
fixed Laughing
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:14 pm

hahaha ^^
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:23 pm

lol @ Sina90.

RvP isn't going anywhere. I'm not a huge optimist either but i can say that with confidence
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:25 am

Man City tunnel cam from Sunday's game. Quite interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGUVXOATcW0&feature=youtu.be&t=3m48s
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:21 am

didnt want to bring post match thread up so post it here

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:00 am

THIS IS SEX

I can watch it over and over again.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:30 am

MJGunner wrote:Premier League chief Richard Scudamore has revealed he has no sympathy for Arsenal or manager Arsene Wenger over losing star players to rivals Manchester City.

Since being taken over by the Abu Dhabi United Group in 2008, City have signed Emmanuel Adebayor, Kolo Toure, Gael Clichy and Samir Nasri from the Gunners, and recent months have also seen them linked with an imminent move for talismanic captain Robin van Persie.

Wenger recently remarked that he found it “painful” to watch City raid his squad once more last summer, but Scudamore insists he does not feel sorry for the Gunners when they say they can no longer compete financially.

"I don't feel sorry for anybody, in the sense that they are all in the same competitive way,” Scudamore told reporters.

"They cannot compete financially so they have to compete in other ways. Arsene Wenger has the talent, skill and nous to be able to do that.

"Arsenal have not exactly been shy in paying good wages and paying for players in the past.

"They have to cut their cloth accordingly. I'm sure that doesn't mean they cannot compete for the title."

This pisses me off. Not because of what this tool said but because of the blue part. :facepalm:

Those Sheikhs must have paid this guy some cash for doing all this stuff...

NEXT REPORT:Manchester City sign Richard Scudamore for 5mil
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:05 pm

Arsenal Villa preview shortly
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:35 pm

Darren Bent, Chris Herd and Emile Heskey all out of the Arsenal game. Race against time too for James Collins.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:44 pm

YESSSS

bent scored 2 goals in 5 mins last year at the emirates. Now we just need to take care of Agbonlahor
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:46 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Darren Bent, Chris Herd and Emile Heskey all out of the Arsenal game. Race against time too for James Collins.

Can it get any easier. Very Happy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:09 pm

Twoism wrote:THIS IS SEX

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t14143-recognition-time-for-a-boss

i posted that in the General section and it got no love. Boscielny is coming of age. If he keeps progressing at this rate he'll be our best defender.

:coffee:
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:47 pm

Afc team that won 4-2 @ Villa last season: Fabianski; Sagna Koscielny Squillaci Clichy; Song Wilshere; Nasri Rosicky Arshavin; Chamakh.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:42 pm

‘There’s more chance of Manchester City signing the Pope than there is of them signing Robin van Persie’ - Piers Morgan

“There is more chance of Manchester City signing the Pope than there is of signing Robin Van Persie,” Morgan told Ian Wright on Absolute Radio.

“He is not Samir Nasri, and by the way, Mr Nasri, from the other stuff I’m reading in the papers, big mistake taking the mercenary money and going for the oil barons, because you’re not getting a game and when you do you’re not playing well.

“Actually, if he’d stayed with Arsenal I think Nasri would have been one of our superstar players, he could have been the new Fabregas, but he took the money, he took the greed, and he’s paying the consequences.”

Morgan, 46, also insists his side are capable of defeating Italian giants AC Milan in the Champions League, especially if the Dutch striker maintains his current form.

He added: “The last time we played them we beat them at their place. They’re a good side but they’re not Barcelona and they’re not Real Madrid.

“We now have a team that is very well suited to the Champions League, and unlike last year, we’ve got a team of leaders.

“If Van Persie continues in the way he’s playing, anything could happen. I think AC Milan will be very uncomfortable having drawn Arsenal.”

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/12/20/2811352/theres-more-chance-of-manchester-city-signing-the-pope-than
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:25 am

lenear1030 wrote:
Twoism wrote:THIS IS SEX

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t14143-recognition-time-for-a-boss

i posted that in the General section and it got no love. Boscielny is coming of age. If he keeps progressing at this rate he'll be our best defender.

:coffee:

General section is one place I avoid like plague, well their loss, the Bauss just has to boss it out for us fans every weekend now, doesn't he? I call him the boss from now on ( not to be confused with our other "boss") smoking 🐰
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:57 pm

Arsenal celebrity fan Piers Morgan has declared himself responsible for their resurgence this season!

Interviewed by Gunners legend Ian Wright, CNN host Morgan claims it was pressure from himself that convinced Arsene Wenger to buy the experienced Per Mertesacker, Mikel Arteta and Andre Santos in the final week of August.

Morgan told Absolute Radio: "So he’s (Wenger) got an issue there, but, you know, you look at the middle now, Koscielny, Vermaelen and Mertesacker, that’s three very, very good centre backs. When was the last time we had that? I’ll tell you, when we were the invincibles.

"That’s been Wenger’s blind spot, and Wrighty, I read all your stuff and you get incredible flack from mainly Arsenal fans, and I get exactly the same thing on Twitter, and I don’t care because I think that hiding heads in sand is the last thing you should do. If you and I and other critics of Wenger had not actually made as much noise as we did this summer, I don’t think he would have panicked into going into that transfer window deadline and signing the players he did.

"And look at the players he got, Gervinho, Arteta, Mertesacker, you know, all these are very, very, very good players, and I don’t think he’d have done that, he wouldn’t have broken his own rules about players over 30 and so on if he hadn’t been put under pressure."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:17 pm

The Guardian reports that Arsene Wenger is showing a little more openness to the idea of bringing Thierry Henry back to Arsenal on loan from the New York Red Bulls, the team at which Henry currently plays.

Henry, 34, has been training with the Arsenal squad to maintain fitness while the MLS is on break.

Reporters have been pointed in their inquiry about this possibility, and Wenger has matched their eagerness with an equal amount of evasiveness.

But the Guardian seems to have dictated a softening towards the idea.

"It has to come through my brain at some stage, but I haven't been concrete on the case," Wenger is reported as saying.

But what are the advantages and disadvantages of signing Henry on loan?

First, the disadvantages.

1. Henry is now an idea, an ideal and an inspiration.

To bring him back runs the risk of ruining that. How often are we disappointed when finally we meet our object of idealization, only to be shocked and disappointed by their all too evident and disappointing humanity?

The idea that certain celebrated individuals inspire are—as a rule—more powerful than the individuals themselves. Henry may be more useful to Arsenal as an idea.

2. Henry's love for Arsenal and his loyalty could be detrimental.

It is best—more often than not— for powerful individuals to leave the scene so a new generation can be grown. Their persistence is often a hindrance to the younger ones who may be cowed by the individual's larger-than-life personality.

Resentment could arise when it is felt that the person is taking away opportunities best given to the younger generation. In this case, Henry's signing could hinder both Ju Young Park and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain from opportunities they could otherwise enjoy.

This could be true of even Theo Walcott, who may be hindered from getting the opportunity to play more centrally, an opportunity that could become available in January from the inevitable need to rest Robin Van Persie in the absence of both Gervinho and Chamakh, who will be away on national duties at the Africa Cup of Nations tournament.

3. Henry could ruin his legacy if he signs and is unable to produce the goods.

How would fans react if Henry signs but flops like Nikolas Bendtner or Marouane Chamakh? Would they still idolize him, or would they resort to booing and abusing him?

4. Henry's past achievements could stand in both his and current players' way.

What will happen in a match in which Henry misfires? Would the coaches treat him similarly to other players? Would the captain be able to admonish him? Would Henry be open to correction, or would he be constantly hacking back to the past?

5. Henry could lose the respect of everyone.

His good relationship with the club and Wenger could be ruined if things don't turn out well.

Advantages

1. Henry loves Arsenal.

He'll work his heart out to make sure Arsenal succeeds in the coming difficult stretch of the season.

2. Henry is already used to the Premier League.

He'd need no time to adapt unlike other new signings.

3. His mere presence could be a boost.

This could still be true even if he's unable to recreate his former form. His devotion to the club, for example, at a time when loyalty is in short supply, could teach current players the importance of this virtue.

4. His presence could be helpful to Theo Walcott's, who aspires to be like Henry one day.

In addition, Henry could use this period to work with the younger players in a semi-coaching capacity—totally at his prerogative, of course.

5. In life, some things are meant to be.

Henry could recover his scoring form for Arsenal, a very welcome prospect.

Last edited by ernie_schwarz on Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:22 pm

Cesc Fabregas could give Arsenal fans the perfect Christmas present by returning to the Emirates.

But before Gunners fans get over-excited, the Barcelona man isn't re-signing for his former club, he's just planning to watch them take on Wolves on Boxing Day.

Barca have a winter break over Christmas and Fabregas, who insists he is still an Arsenal fan, may take the opportunity to visit old friends in north London.

"Arsenal gave me everything", said Fabregas. "And I will never forget that. I am looking forward to going to watch them on December 26 and catching up with everybody there.

"It's a special club that has always been amazing for me. I have only good things to say about them."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:34 pm

@Henry, I don't think it would affect his legacy if he came back, maybe just add to it Very Happy He's got too much class to suck.

@Fabregas...Really?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:38 pm

MJGunner wrote:@Henry, I don't think it would affect his legacy if he came back, maybe just add to it Very Happy He's got too much class to suck.

@Fabregas...Really?

Can we get him on a loan for a day or 2.

I would to have the KING back. :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:47 pm

There are only two solutions to prevent our side-backs crisis...

1.Buy Jan Vertonghen and sell Squid and Johan

2.Or sign Taye Taiwo on loan from AC Milan

Jan Vertonghen>Taye Taiwo>Wayne Bridge IMO
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:48 pm

Capdevila, Taiwo, Emmanuelson..
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:52 pm

Arsenal Lobby - Page 35 2iw6hdc cheers

May Scum continue to be the other club from north London...
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:55 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Capdevila, Taiwo, Emmanuelson..

Hasn't Emmanuelson become a sort attacking wing-back or something of that sort,at AC Milan...?Or have I got something wrong here?

BTW Capdevila is a good option though in case of Taiwo,its going to be an easy signing,since he is craving for regular football...
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:13 pm

Robert Pires has confirmed that he received a proposal to sign for Valenciennes. Hasn't decided if he will retire, though.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next