Zagadka
Pedram
Myesyats
iftikhar
Robespierre
39 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 36 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Thimmy Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:10 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:I think biologically speaking fair-skinned Northerners produce even more vitamin D than people with darker complexions, it's just that once you go far enough North, the angle at which the sun's rays impact the atmosphere means you can't really absorb enough of the right kind of sunlight to produce vitamin D. But it's not that your body sucks at making the D, it's that you need to move south, because humans are biologically more suited to live close to the equator.
I mean obviously there's ways to compensate. Humans have been living up north just fine for milennia.

I suppose that makes sense. Vitamin D supplements are very common here. A few times a year, the biggest media outlets write mildly hysterical articles about how we critically lack vitamin D and iodine, although those supplements sell like hot cakes, and I'm quite sure most of us get a decent amount of omega 3 through our diets. We add omega 3 to certain types of bread, milk, among other things. I suppose nothing can compete with direct sunlight, in that regard.

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 36 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Guest Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:53 am

Vibe wrote:Haven't been here a while.

Don't know what the situation is around the world, but our department is maxed out, every bed we have is full and we're taking over other departments so we can cope with the new arrivals.

It is at least twice as bad compared to the worst point of the first wave.

My wife tested positive unfortunately. I am still negative. We work ridiculous shifts, so no surprise. Especially her, who at one point worked 22 hours, went to sleep for 2, then worked another 22, slept for 2, then another 7 hours of work. Then she got fever and tested positive.

At least we get some rest now at home, as we are quarantined.

man u dont breaks do u T.T
sory for your wife too man both of u have a well deserved rest and wish a quick recovery so you bring us good news soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:55 am

RG is getting better? system restored and fully functional?
i got confused looks like we have multiple corona threads? XD anyway hope ya all are doing good.

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:35 am

2 months since everything opened in Denmark. Only concerts & medium sized nightclubs are closed.

Barely an increase in cases since the opening + BLM protest. I hope there’s not another wave in fall cause no one is going on lockdown again.

Also fuck China for ruining my summer plans.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:40 am

30-year-old dies after attending 'Covid party' in Texas
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/13/30-year-old-dies-covid-party-texas
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:23 pm

Read that article, and I was really hoping for some info as to underlying conditions... Either way, play dumb games, win dumb prizes.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:02 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Read that article, and I was really hoping for some info as to underlying conditions... Either way, play dumb games, win dumb prizes.

I could laugh at his stupidity except he left a wife and kids behind.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:31 pm

Sounds too much like a propaganda article to me.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:32 pm

Every party is a "Covid" party these days

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:15 pm

As a teacher, getting more and more worried about what's gonna happen come fall. The majority of states are getting worse and WI is no exception.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:43 pm

CBarca wrote:As a teacher, getting more and more worried about what's gonna happen come fall. The majority of states are getting worse and WI is no exception.
Immunity to the coronavirus may last only a few months, UK study finds

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/14/immunity-to-covid-19-uk-study.html

I think we've got a huge problem at hand. As if vaccination of 7 billion people within some months is possible..
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:21 pm

If immunity only lasted three months, then surely we'd have a whole bunch of people being re-infected by now? This thing has been spreading since Dec 2019.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:23 pm

Babun wrote:
CBarca wrote:As a teacher, getting more and more worried about what's gonna happen come fall. The majority of states are getting worse and WI is no exception.

I think we've got a huge problem at hand. As if vaccination of 7 billion people within some months is possible..
If immunity really only lasts 2 months then RIP nursing homes
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:11 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Babun wrote:

If immunity really only lasts 2 months then RIP nursing homes

Don't know how your parents are doing or where they live. My dad has had two heart attacks, his lungs are at just 60% capacity with asthma attached. I bought him sets of FFP3 masks and disinfectants. My sister and me are who provide him everything he needs every week (grocery shopping and whatever he might need). He isn't allowed to go into any enclosed area, just walks in the park everyday and plays chess with his friends.
The masquerade is slowly but surely going on my nerves..
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:50 pm

Hope for the best Babun.

My wife is feeling a lot of what you are, her father is cancer survivor who has a shit immune system as a result of chemo and she has 2 grandparents in their 80s. She definitely feels the risks very acutely. My father is old but thankfully is able to quarantine and hasn't left home for the past 4 months, my sister lives with them and is able to get what they need, so I'm much less worried about him.

But I feel like everyone with at risk loved ones is going through something similar.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:07 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Hope for the best Babun.

My wife is feeling a lot of what you are, her father is cancer survivor who has a shit immune system as a result of chemo and she has 2 grandparents in their 80s. She definitely feels the risks very acutely. My father is old but thankfully is able to quarantine and hasn't left home for the past 4 months, my sister lives with them and is able to get what they need, so I'm much less worried about him.

But I feel like everyone with at risk loved ones is going through something similar.

Wish all the best for your relatives, too.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:19 pm

Jay29 wrote:If immunity only lasted three months, then surely we'd have a whole bunch of people being re-infected by now? This thing has been spreading since Dec 2019.

The biggest frustration is the lack of what we know. It makes little sense because you would think that with recent events and the ease of restriction will cause a huge spike but so far nothing (thankfully).

Maybe the rate of infection got so low that no one is spreading it anymore. But if immunity really lasts 2-3 months then surely more would get re-infected in the future.

I mean it took one person to spread it to millions.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:07 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Jay29 wrote:If immunity only lasted three months, then surely we'd have a whole bunch of people being re-infected by now? This thing has been spreading since Dec 2019.

The biggest frustration is the lack of what we know. It makes little sense because you would think that with recent events and the ease of restriction will cause a huge spike but so far nothing (thankfully).

Maybe the rate of infection got so low that no one is spreading it anymore. But if immunity really lasts 2-3 months then surely more would get re-infected in the future.

Personally know two people that have been reinfected. One from my gf's office and one is a doctor.

We took the antibody test today to see if we lucked out and got them after being sick.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:15 am

RealGunner wrote:

Medical science and its communication as public health policy has been shown up to have no clothes by this virus tbh

I would call it a shit show but then I don't doubt these experts are smart and are doing their best

But the fact is more than 6 months into this there's nothing solid established about this. These scientific disciplines apparently aren't as advanced as we were made to believe
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:23 am

Being in Finland right now feels both pretty good and like calm before a second wave. New daily cases have been in single digit territory for a few weeks now, bars and restaurants are open, there are no masks to be seen and very little talk about the virus. This seems blissful compared to the global situation. Has a "too good to be true" feel to it and I can't shake the thought that it's just a matter of time before the cases start increasing again.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:54 pm

Art Morte wrote:Being in Finland right now feels both pretty good and like calm before a second wave. New daily cases have been in single digit territory for a few weeks now, bars and restaurants are open, there are no masks to be seen and very little talk about the virus. This seems blissful compared to the global situation. Has a "too good to be true" feel to it and I can't shake the thought that it's just a matter of time before the cases start increasing again.

Same here, in Germany, feels like the buildup sequence of a horror movie Laughing I rewatched Jaws not too long ago.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:08 pm

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6928e2.htm

"Among 139 clients exposed to two symptomatic hair stylists with confirmed COVID-19 while both the stylists and the clients wore face masks, no symptomatic secondary cases were reported; among 67 clients tested for SARS-CoV-2, all test results were negative. Adherence to the community’s and company’s face-covering policy likely mitigated spread of SARS-CoV-2."

Turns out mask wearing can even prevent you from getting covid even if they're as close as touching your head
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:15 pm

You guys are underestimating both the difficulty of science with respect to a virus like this and also the limited case studies we have for outbreaks like this.

It's one thing to have H1N1 flying around. This is something else. The last time we had an outbreak like this was 1918. We quite literally have very little experience with things of this nature, even if we have many disease control experts.

And generally when we listen to scientists we've been very successful. With respect to outbreaks, you also have a couple questions: 1) how good is the testing, tracing and isolating in that country, 2) how much of the indoor spaces where many people could gather are restricted (bars and pubs especially), 3) what is the mask wearing policy in that country, and 4) exponential growth is slow and hard to observe at first. We also saw California, Arizona, Florida do well for some reason the first time around, and then they opened up and we didn't realize what was occurring until it was too late. The same thing *could* be happening in some places in Europe, but will take time to occur. It could also not happen because public health policies are stronger in Europe.

But we in America are also stupid as fuck.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:55 pm

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 36 Fb56bcb189d8912d93b0b7f883593b82

UK gov lmao

absolute clowns

Starmer IN
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:01 pm

Starmer is a clown himself.

Countries should be run by AI.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:11 pm

Firenze wrote:The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 36 Fb56bcb189d8912d93b0b7f883593b82

UK gov lmao

absolute clowns

Starmer IN

just 4.5 more years to go til the next election

unreal how badly Boris is handling this
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next