Chumlum
EL Patron
Great Leader Sprucenuce
urbaNRoots
RealGunner
58 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:08 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Fazio's not good enough for Arsenal, I'm afraid. He's strong and makes good use of his height, and he's good on the ball (he can play in midfield occasionally), but he's lacking in pace and the positional sense to compensate.

Vermaelen, Mertesacker and Koscielny are all better than him, and there's little difference in quality between him and Djourou.

Agree.

SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sina Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:36 am

According to Frankfurt finance executive Hellmann talented Rode could leave Frankfurt ey for 9mill€.Bayern may already have a deal in place. Rolling Eyes

another player linked with us recently
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:47 pm

Götze to Bayern? Broke my heart Sad
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:55 pm

djoe26 wrote:Götze to Bayern? Broke my heart Sad

We never had a chance, there many other teams would have outbid us, nothing to be sad about.

I rather buy Cesc back with that money.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:58 pm

Surely we could go for Dortmund CB's while they are selling their entire squad.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:59 pm

Emaharg wrote:Surely we could go for Dortmund CB's while they are selling their entire squad.
We have too much class and no money to spend. Laughing banana
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:01 pm

I know that but i feel sorry for Dortmund and thier fans.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:02 pm

Emaharg wrote:Surely we could go for Dortmund CB's while they are selling their entire squad.

Good luck paying 50m for each Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:07 pm

We were actually signing Hummels back 2 years ago. He rejected in the end saying he wants to repay Dortmund. We got Squillaci instead.

Now we have no chance.

And to be honest, We have koscielny who is pretty similar. We need a beast
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:08 pm

djoe26 wrote:I know that but i feel sorry for Dortmund and thier fans.

I know, we can relate to Dortmund fans. Sad
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:09 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 AbEFdjCabv

hmm

Arsene you Can happily switch Lars To RB during the game he is well capable Razz
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:11 pm

Sina wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 AbEFdjCabv

hmm

Arsene you Can happily switch Lars To RB during the game he is well capable Razz

Who can stop us now? :bow:

Is there a way to text this pic to Wenger? or someone in the stadium pass it down to him? cheers

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:12 pm

Switch Lars for a DM and we have a great team there Twisted Evil
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:15 pm

RealGunner wrote:We were actually signing Hummels back 2 years ago. He rejected in the end saying he wants to repay Dortmund. We got Squillaci instead.

Now we have no chance.

And to be honest, We have koscielny who is pretty similar. We need a beast

Sakho, enough said!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:17 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Switch Lars for a DM and we have a great team there Twisted Evil
The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Suicide
there is always Eastmond thoughThe Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Trolldolski
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Flick Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:42 pm

http://www.london24.com/sport/arsenal/agent_man_city_target_has_agreed_to_join_arsenal_1_1995275#cxrecs_s

Dont know how reliable this is but yay!

Flick
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:20 pm

I did not think that they were in financial trouble and if they are not after CL finals we will probably not see to many of their players wanting to leave.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:06 pm

Seeing Bayern and Dortmund has got me a bit sad thinking how close we were up until a couple years ago of becoming an elite team like them.

This thread is a good example of Wenger and his strange methods.

I think its time for a change Sad
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:22 pm

I don't know about you but I personally think we're on the brink of becoming a great side again. If we sign the few players we need, we'll compete at the top. Yeah, you could say that for just about every year during our trophy drought really, but we likely won't lose any stars this summer for once, and it's after summers like these that we usually hit the ground running the next year. The only way is up. We can do it Wink

Anyway I just read that Kolo Toure is definitely leaving Man City this summer. I know we all want a great CB signing, but I don't think it's likely given Merts and Koscielny are doing so well and Arsene isn't really a big fan of signing top players to sit on the bench (Sad) so would anyone else be satisfied with an experienced 4th choice CB? I never wanted Kolo to leave and I still love the guy so I wouldn't mind.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:23 pm

Flick wrote:http://www.london24.com/sport/arsenal/agent_man_city_target_has_agreed_to_join_arsenal_1_1995275#cxrecs_s

Dont know how reliable this is but yay!

I've heard Jovetic coming to us is a done deal as well, record club transfer fee
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:28 pm

Eman wrote:Anyway I just read that Kolo Toure is definitely leaving Man City this summer. I know we all want a great CB signing, but I don't think it's likely given Merts and Koscielny are doing so well and Arsene isn't really a big fan of signing top players to sit on the bench (Sad) so would anyone else be satisfied with an experienced 4th choice CB? I never wanted Kolo to leave and I still love the guy so I wouldn't mind.

I think I'm on record here saying something along the same lines - I'd welcome Kolo back as a rotation/back-up defender. His experience and his relationship with Wenger could be a real plus. Under the right conditions it could be a useful signing.

I always felt bad that Kolo, rather than Gallas, was forced out ...
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:38 pm

highburied wrote:Seeing Bayern and Dortmund has got me a bit sad thinking how close we were up until a couple years ago of becoming an elite team like them.

This thread is a good example of Wenger and his strange methods.

I think its time for a change Sad

If we dont *bleep* up this summer, next year we will be a force in EPL and CL. We are not far away, max 3 players and we should be contenders again.

I know this whole year I have said nothing but bad things about Wenger, but I would give anything to see him win the title and I believe he can do it if he just stops being a stubborn and buy.
Wenger stay one more year. hmm
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:42 pm

I don't think we should get Kolo back. Our 4th choice CB should be Miquel or another promising youngster if Miquel goes out on loan. I always feel like that, youngsters will give everything when they have the chance to play while the experienced players that stay all the time on the bench don't even work that hard as they know their time is gone, they just are there to collect the money.

Signing Kolo would be just like having Squillaci back just when we got rid of him lol

Sell Vermaelen and sign someone like Sakho, Indi, Ginter (young but very capable CB's) is what we should do in the summer in my opinion for the centre back position.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:57 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Signing Kolo would be just like having Squillaci back just when we got rid of him lol

Whatchu talkin bout, Willis? Suspect

Seriously though, I can see your point, but my impression is that the Arsenal staff didn't rate any of the young CBs as quite ready to step up. For example, Miquel is maybe the closest going by the fact that he's already had some senior games. But haven't there been a lot of rumblings about him going on loan - maybe to one of the Sheffield clubs? Or even Betis?

So I hadn't even thought much lately about promotion from youth ranks as an option for the next season.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:09 am

Yeah, there hasn't been enough buzz around Miquel for me to believe that he is a viable 4th choice defender at this point. I doubt he is better than Djourou and Djourou never played this year. Also, in central defence, I am in favour of experience and tactical know-how over youthful exuberance any day of the week. We can make fun of Squillaci all day but he never plays anymore so how do we know he wouldn't give his all if he did play? I don't recall him playing badly by his own standards when called upon in recent times, even if it is clear that he isn't as talented as the other options we have, and Kolo is much better than Squid; he has even played for Man City and done decently every once in a while in recent seasons despite losing his starting spot.

I also disagree about selling Vermaelen being a necessity. He has had a bad season but the belief that some people have these days that he was actually bad before this season too and only got away with it because of the skill of those around him is just bologna to me. If Arsene says he is at the same level of Merts and Koscielny but only not playing due to form, I refuse to believe that he's so shit that we need to get rid of him. Getting another CB is something I am in favour of (assuming Djourou is also leaving), and the better the player is the happier I'll be, but getting rid of Vermaelen would be a knee-jerk decision.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:22 am

Thoughts on Adler?

I say Arsene should go to holiday in Germany and Comeback with Dozen of players Razz
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next