Chumlum
EL Patron
Great Leader Sprucenuce
urbaNRoots
RealGunner
58 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:49 pm

If Jovetic goes anywhere this summer, it'll probably be to City.

Lewandowski will probably go to United, but if the rumours of Falcao to United are true, then I can actually see Lewa ending up at Atletico.

There's always Villa, though...

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:50 pm

Villa would be a 1 year option

#SaveUsAkpom
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:54 pm

Anybody else want to offer Barca around 40mil for a package deal of Villa, Cesc, and Song? :whistle:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:56 pm

Villa,Cesc and Sergi Roberto
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:59 pm

I would give 40m just for Cesc, forget the rest. :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:01 pm

Cheeky Ibra bid? hmm
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:03 pm

6m + Arshavin sounds cheeky enough hmm

Or we ask Fergie to return the favor and give us Ronnayyyy
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:07 pm

Arsenal would open with a bid of 2.5m + Squillaci. Laughing
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:11 pm

Squillaci is a CL finalist :coffee:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:16 pm

Suddenly, I don't see us signing a striker of that calibre anymore. Shocked Prepare yourself, Chamakh and Bendtner are coming back. pale

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:25 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Don't know how factual this is, but apparently we'll be holding primary talks with Lyon over Maxime Gonalons this week. Supposedly he's been identified as our replacement for Diaby.

Also we're looking for a centre back and a striker.

This from Gunnerblog.

GET IN :bow:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:40 pm

srigooner wrote:Suddenly, I don't see us signing a striker of that calibre anymore. Shocked Prepare yourself, Chamakh and Bendtner are coming back. pale

Even without the bigger clubs looking for strikers, our chances of us signing a Falcao or a Cavani were very, very slim. Jovetic and Lewandowski weren't likely, either, but were more realistic in terms of transfer fees. Unfortunately, those two are good enough for the biggest clubs to want to sign them and we just don't want to compete with them.

So our options are short. I think it'd be worth a cheeky bid for Mario Gomez, who's fallen behind Mandzukic and doesn't seem to be in Guardiola's plans if Goetze's transfer is anything to go by, but he's one of those players we're really going to have to try hard for.

If our interest in David Villa is still there, we may try for him again. Beyond him, everyone else just seems to be on a level below; someone like Negredo (£18mil asking price a bit high, but not unreasonable), for example, is better than Giroud, but not by much.

If only strikers didn't cost so much bloody money/if only we were willing to spend more bloody money. Mad

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:42 pm

Sergi Roberto = Young Arteta lite

Haven't watched Gonalons but if he's what he's rumored to be and we're getting him to replace Diaby then GTF IN.

Dish out the extra 5 million for Jovetic ffs.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:03 pm

Forget a Striker. Beg Dortmund to sell us Gotze

Im sure they would pay US 10m just to take him and make sure he doesn't go to Bayern
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:05 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:Forget a Striker. Beg Dortmund to sell us Gotze

Im sure they would pay US 10m just to take him and make sure he doesn't go to Bayern

it is already confirmed dude, by bayern.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:08 pm

REWB wrote:
VendettaRed07 wrote:Forget a Striker. Beg Dortmund to sell us Gotze

it is already confirmed dude, by bayern.

I thought it wasn't completely official. Like the window hasn't opened yet, and his release clause hasn't been activated yet right? Couldn't some other team activate it? It just seems a bit confusing to have the deal completely 100% done already.. That really sucks for Dortmund if they can't do ANYTHING to stop it from happening

Oh well.. Sad

Last edited by VendettaRed07 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:11 pm

Dortmund's confirmed that the deal is happening, and Klopp confirmed that the deal has been going on for about two or three weeks now. The money Bayern will pay will match the release clause so Dortmund can't refuse.

In any case, a choice between Bayern and Arsenal... pretty obvious which he'd choose.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:20 pm

Media reports have linked him more to interest from Spurs, but as far as marquee and semi-marquee strikers go what do people think about the possibility of Leandro Damiao? I don't follow Brazilian football much, but he seems to have a very bright future ahead of him, he's big, strong, skilled ... I'd be enthused if we one day heard from credible sources Arsenal are in for him.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:33 pm

I've been impressed whenever I've seen him, but I haven't seen him play for Internacional much. I hear he's not doing as well this year as he was last year, though at 23 he can still improve. I'd be happy if we signed him.

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be any concrete interest from us bar the tentative links from a season or so ago.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:25 pm

i never thought he would join us..
its really hard for Dortmund... arguably worse like the RVP situation..
Gotze goes into the list of traitors... :brickwall:
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:09 am

Agent of Sevilla centre-back Federico Fazio confirms player wants to leave in summer; Linked with Arsenal yesterday http://bit.ly/15GxGan

Fazio agent says the defender "could play for top team in Europe". 26-year old made 31 starts this season for Sevilla http://bit.ly/13thjKc
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:22 am

Fazio's not good enough for Arsenal, I'm afraid. He's strong and makes good use of his height, and he's good on the ball (he can play in midfield occasionally), but he's lacking in pace and the positional sense to compensate.

Vermaelen, Mertesacker and Koscielny are all better than him, and there's little difference in quality between him and Djourou.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:02 am

OK, here's another striker question to throw out there. With Man Utd reportedly on the lookout for yet another forward, there have been various rumblings over the past season that Welbeck, Chicharito, and even Rooney may be on their way out. (I think the first two have been very, very tenuously linked to Arsenal at times in the past.)

On a "what if?" level, I'll just say that while it'd be hard to adjust to Rooney in particular, and him specifically I can't ever actually see ending up at Arsenal, I would actually take any of these three guys - maybe a bit iffy on Welbeck, but if say Gervinho goes elsewhere, then yes even Welbeck. In fact, if Arsenal don't make a true "marquee" signing this summer, Chicharito would close to an ideal compromise: PL experience, young, killer instinct. What do you all think?
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:42 am

We need 3 players and at least 2 must top players.

Striker, TOP TOP TOP player. Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:49 am

Raptorgunner wrote:We need 3 players and at least 2 must top players.

Striker, TOP TOP TOP player. Laughing

Knockaert and Titus Bramble? hmm
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:08 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Fazio's not good enough for Arsenal, I'm afraid. He's strong and makes good use of his height, and he's good on the ball (he can play in midfield occasionally), but he's lacking in pace and the positional sense to compensate.

Vermaelen, Mertesacker and Koscielny are all better than him, and there's little difference in quality between him and Djourou.

Agree.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next