RedOranje
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
MJ
urbaNRoots
VendettaRed07
49 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread Empty The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:01 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Interesting stat from WhoScored:

Mario Balotelli: Of the 117 players to score 10+ goals in Europe’s top 5 leagues last season, Balotelli had the worst conversion rate (9.2%)

And we think Giroud's bad.

Well isn't the thing with Balo that he takes a lot of shots from places he has no chance of scoring from, rather than like Giroud where we complain about all the sitters he flubs.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:06 am

That is still a bad habit, shooting as soon as you get the ball from bad angles. Especially if you are not that good. If you pass it, you atleast 1) don't lose the ball, 2) give the chance for someone else in a better position to shoot.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:12 am

Yeah it is, but I don't think it would be a problem as much with us because judging by well, since forever, wenger absolutely hates it when players do that.. Because, we never shoot even when we probably should. You've gotta think that if Wenger where to buy Balotelli, the first thing he'd do is tell him to wait till he gets in the box before he even thinks about shooting
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:28 am

Balotelli obviously doesn't listen to his managers otherwise he wouldn't be a complete moron who has stagnated in his career.

Wenger won't be bothered to deal with such players.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:34 am

Don't think he's stagnated to the point where he still can't become as he could be.

And if Wenger believes that then I'm sure he believes he can settle him down to at least get him to be more careful with the ball especially if he thinks he can tame him in general.

MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:39 am

Of course he has stagnated, he's at the same level as he's been when he was at Inter, I think he has even regressed since those days.

He's gone from a young exciting player to a clown who's being offered around Europe and no one wants to take. Please don't tell me you guys want that overrated shithead at Arsenal Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:04 am

Lol, are you so averse to it that you didn't read what I said? Laughing
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenal4Eternity_dennab Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:08 am

Hey guys! Some FRESH rumors here.

Rumor says Arsenal have signed our most important signing of all Shad FORSYTHE. German NT Fitness coach.

Just rumors though nothing confirmed so far..
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:10 am

Almost every other striker we can realistically obtain comes with several question marks and reasonable doubt.

Benzema should be our primary target.. But what if that doesn't work? Who are we going to sign? We need a talent upgrade at CF.

In terms of playing style, Balotelli could easily fit right into our system. I think we are the perfect situation for him. Why not take a shot? Wenger has dealt with many big egos. He's gotten more out of certain players than other managers could ever dream of. Henry was just a Juve flop before Wenger. Thats why he's the boss and making 7.5m per year.

Is it a lock for success? No. But it is worth taking a shot if other better opportunities don't present themselves.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:02 am

sportsczy wrote:With Moreno going to Liverpool....  i don't see Aurier going there unless Glen Johnson is being shown the door.  He's not going to go somewhere to sit on the bench.  He's too good for that.  Flanagan, Wisdom and Kelly are nowhere near his class btw.
Thanks for basically repeating what I've already said and including unnecessary (and inaccurate) valuations to boot.

sportsczy wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Sorry sports but you are over pimping Aurier. Let's see him play 15 games in EPL before you start saying stuff like that. Flanagan for one is very good.
I actually watched Liverpool.  Flanagan has a hard time starting over Cissokho Laughing They even tried Sakho at LB at one point.  Cissokho being so shat and Sakho being limited as a LB forced Rogers to put him there.  He's not even a RB (or at least i rarely saw him there if at all this season), which Aurier is.

Aurier is a supreme talent.  He has 93 Ligue 1 games and he's 21...  one of those players that is athletically superior and can hold his spot just on that aspect alone while his football skills catch up.  Last 12 months, his footy skills have gone up drastically, which is why most people feel he's the best young RB prospect playing in Europe right now.  I don't know if he's the best prospect tbh... but he's definitely up there.  Has all the tools and is tough as nails.

Basically, the RB version of Digne imo.

Not sure how much LFC you watched, but Flanagan (a 21yo RB) was starting regularly over Cissokho at LB when fit and when there was another option at RB. The only times Flanagan did not automatically start over Cissokho (ignoring injuries, obviously) was A) before he broke into the team in the firs thalf of the season and B) when we needed him at RB.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:48 pm

Thank you red for generously offering us your undoubtedly vast knowledge of football.  It's truly an honor.  Misplaced arrogance combined with condascension is always a joy to behold.

Flanagan was played first when Cissokho flopped in the first half of the season.  After a few games, where Flanagan was nothing special, they tried Sakho there.  Sakho is very, very limited as a LB.  Then they tried Cissoko for a game and he bombed of course.  So they had no choice but to go with Flanagan the rest of the way since he was better than Cissokho and Sakho at LB, which is no great achievement.  He's ok...  but nothing to get excited about.  He'll do the job.  Very similar to Nacho at Real Madrid who won't hurt you if you play him.  

My point is that Aurier is vastly superior to him both in terms of talent and current ability.  He has the upside to become one of the best in the world.  Flanagan does not.

And regarding Glen Johnson...  i can repeat whetever you said as many times as i want since i wasn't referring to your post but just offering my opinion.  The fact that it agreed with you (shockingly) shouldn't make you feel insecure.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:46 pm

LITERALLY the only games Flanagan missed after breaking into the first team (away to Arsenal) this past season were due to injury. He didn't get dropped after a shaky start, he didn't get displaced by Cissokho. He played LB when we had another option at RB (Johnson) and RB when we had no other option, which is when Cissokho got time on the pitch at LB. Enrique started the season as first choice LB. When he got injured Rodgers tried using 4 CBs ONCE and then used the player he literally signed just to be back-up to Enrique (Cissokho) at LB. When Cissokho picked up a knock (he didn't get dropped due to poor performances, but due to injury) then Rodgers opted to try a reserve RB at the LB spot and guess what? Flanagan performed so well he kept his starting place from that point onward.

Arsenal (A) - Subbed off on 67'
Fulham (H) - Missed with injury
Everton (A) - Full 90'
Hull (A) - Full 90'
Norwich (H) - Full 90'
West Ham (H) - Off on 78'
Spurs (A) - Full 90'
Cardiff (H) - Off on 54' with injury
Man City (A) - Injured
Chelsea (A) - Injured
Hull (H) - Injured
Stoke (A) - Injured
Aston Villa (H) - Injured
Everton (H) - Off on 72'
West Brom (A) - Off on 73'
Arsenal (H) - Full 90'
Fulham (A) - Full 90'
Swansea (H) - Full 90'
Southampton (A) - Full 90'
ManUtd (A) - Full 90'
Cardiff (A) - Off on 72'
Sunderland (H) - Full 90'
Tottenham (H) - Full 90'
West Ham (A) - Full 90'
ManCity (H) - Full 90'
Norwich (A) - Full 90'
Chelsea (H) - Off on 80'
Crystal Palace (A) - Full 90'
Newcastle (H) - Off on 45' with knock

So keep throwing around whatever little digs you want and making whatever claims you like about what clubs you watch and how regularly, because the fact is when you can't even get the most straightforward of facts right it clearly shows you're talking out your arse.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:47 pm

And in the interest of keeping this thread from going off-topic I'll let you off with that.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:55 pm

What happened to Aurier being only the 4th best RB in Ligue 1? If that is true then that alone makes Flanagan better, I imagine.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:04 pm

At the start of the season, Cissokho was bought and started a few.  Sucked horribly and then Sakho was tried at LB for all of one game (maybe two or three; i don't remember exactly).  Obviously, he couldn't do it.  If i recall correctly, Glen Johnson was injured from Sept 1 through Oct 19 (http://www.espnfc.com/player/23650/glen-johnson).  Flanagan didn't play a single game until Nov 2 and then not again until Nov 23 (http://www.espnfc.com/player/22992/john-flanagan).

Flanagan only became a regular starting Nov 23 when Liverpool had literally no choice but to give him the LB spot.  Sakho and Cissokho weren't doing the job.  He had OK performances and they just left him there since he was consistent.  What's there to argue about?  Glen Johnson went down for a month from end of Jan to end of Feb where Flanagan may have moved to RB because, again, what else are they going to do?  I don't know because I stopped following Liverpool that closely for a bit when Sakho got injured and then wasn't playing....  which was pretty much from Jan until beginning of March.  Saw the big games but that's it.

Not saying that the kid is bad.  He's not.  But Flanagan will never, ever become a WC player.  Just don't see that ability.  He'll be solid and serviceable... and there's nothing wrong with that.

Replacing Flanagan and Johnson with Aurier and Moreno will be big upgrades without a doubt for Liverpool. Aurier allows to maintain the attacking threat that Johnson brings and dramatically improve the defense. Moreno is the same... very good on the attack with decent defense. Flanagan can compete and, if he loses out, become the backup at both fullback positions. Makes for nice depth with very good and young talent. Hope it happens for Liverpool tbh. The CB corp is fine unless someone wants to leave.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:22 am

http://www.arsenal.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=543627

Best counter-argument for signing Cesc back I've read.

Makes good points but only takes it from the assumption that signing him would mean re-building the team around him and that he can't work in any system that isn't centered around his vision.

But he does agree that were it purely from a talent and depth perspective then signing him could be a good thing. You have to make concessions in arguments and that one is a no brainer.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:25 am

But if it caused any disruption of our excellent team morale then it's a firm no-no. No matter where he would go.

I wouldn't trade our team spirit for any player really because as talented as the side is, it can fall apart like wet tissue when it's crunch time, just as we did in the Fabregas era.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:32 am

MJGunner wrote:http://www.arsenal.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=543627

Best counter-argument for signing Cesc back I've read.

Makes good points but only takes it from the assumption that signing him would mean re-building the team around him and that he can't work in any system that isn't centered around his vision.

But he does agree that were it purely from a talent and depth perspective then signing him could be a good thing. You have to make concessions in arguments and that one is a no brainer.

I couldn't agree more with the author, very well said.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:32 am

Cesc at Chelsea, if that happened, would be so revolting to watch. They seem to be aiming for really shrewd captures in the market this summer though. I shudder to think what he and Oscar could do with Diego Costa ...
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:33 am

That Cesc couldn't properly adapt to Barcelona's system is, perhaps, evidence that he wouldn't be quite as good if he came back to us and didn't have the system built around him again. It's all hypothetical but it's difficult to see him doing Arteta's role, since he's such a forward thinking player, and he's not got Ramsey's engine either so that rules out a box-to-box role as well.

In any case, Tim Stillman makes a good point about Wilshere and Ramsey stepping up in Cesc's absence and thriving with the additional playing time and responsibility. If you bring Cesc back you limit the playing time of Wilshere, who really needs to opportunity to improve his form next season.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:51 am

some fans think Cesc is better than what we have in midfield http://www.onlinearsenal.com/images/smilies/cazorla.png
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:32 am

Chumlum wrote:Cesc at Chelsea, if that happened, would be so revolting to watch. They seem to be aiming for really shrewd captures in the market this summer though. I shudder to think what he and Oscar could do with Diego Costa ...

Yes last season costa was good I agree and right now it seems the right option but I wouldn't bet on him next season if I was you.
Bcoz
1. 2 season ago he was a designated penalty taker most of his goals came from penalties
2. Playing in la liga and epl is very different

If he does join we will have to see next season but what I dont want to imagine is csec at chelsea.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:56 am

Boyzis, you are the prediction master, so I hope you are right.

But La Liga players tend to do very well in the Premier League! Costa may or may not reach the heights of the game at Chelsea but I think he's going to be a threat. If Chelsea keep hold of Lukaku, too, they'll have some formidable strikers backed up by excellent midfielders ...
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:34 am

AFC_Andrew ‏@PR_WhoRu 4m
Gazidis says he can't give up too much on 1 player. Says we have a strict budget & will be disciplined in signing players we need.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:03 am

You can be very happy, because you simply do not need Fabregas, and you will be getting money if he moves.
Just sit back and enjoy. Don't forget the players you have. Ramsey this season ffs, that shot accuracy.
Also what about this Zelalem kid (Berlin REPRESENT!!), rumour has it he's capable of becoming a top central/attacking midfielder soon? Or am I mistaken?
Forget Fabgregas, take the money and run, while laughing all the way to the bank.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next