The Messiah
jibers
bloodless
67 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Song to Barcelona - Page 9 Empty Re: Song to Barcelona

Post by Albiceleste Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:51 pm

Although I don't really understand the need for this transfer, as long as he doesn't have many defensive responsibilities I'm fine with him.

The talent is there so it's a decent depth signing I suppose, but Barcelonas squad still needs a CB imo.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FuManchu Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:57 pm

gondov wrote:

I think barca wanted to keep yaya, but to keep such a gifted player in his prime as busquets' back up is just criminal!! Yaya wanted more mins than he'd get with us.

TBF to Tito, I think he really wanted a "world class", "cheap", "prepared to be a back up" CB, but I dont think there was one out there. Agger would have cost us 25 mill at least. Hummels, d.luiz, dede etc all these guys would be about the same and for a back up , thats a lot of money. Even if world class CB were available on the market, I doubt they would have wanted to go to barca and potentially warm the bench., waiting for a player to get injured

It would have been another chygrinski. A CB who can also play in midfield is hard to find. I think j.martinez and Song were the only realistic options. Song being the better option. I think puyol, mascherano, pique, batra will do well enough. I think takng a risk with Batra is worth a shot.

Yaya can play CB (brilliantly) aswell. Keita got loads of games for us and we signed Mascherano after we sold Yaya... If we kept Yaya and sold Keita we wouldnt of had to of signed Masch and Yaya wouldve got loads of games and we defo wouldnt be signin song........25mill for Agger is 5mill more than we paid for Song and Song is gonna be a sub coz he wont start ahead of Busquets , Xavi, Iniesta etc and Masch, Thiago, Fab, Dos Santos + yths all provide cover for the cm postions.....so why not pay 25mill for back up for the POSITION we need cover for instead of 20mill for a back up for a position we have covered?... yes Song has played at CB but he has been poor in that position.... he goes missing in big games... he is a liability defensively and he has no pace or drive.. he is slow.. he has good technique and will do very well v the small teams but in the big games, when it counts, he will go missing and over run like he has for Arsenal... Even the fee shows that Wenger didnt rate him too highly.. In todays market its a low enough price for a "key" player.. We needed a proper World class CB and not another defender... Puyol is 34 and injured a lot, Piques form is up and down coz he is busy riding Shakira and Masch is a def mid.. he isnt even a proper CB.. he has had one fantastic season as a CB but the rest of his career has been Def Mid .. Tito shouldve spent the money on a CB and not another CM... we have loads of CM's... over 6 for 3 positions...

FuManchu
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:19 pm

FuManchu wrote:
gondov wrote:

I think barca wanted to keep yaya, but to keep such a gifted player in his prime as busquets' back up is just criminal!! Yaya wanted more mins than he'd get with us.

TBF to Tito, I think he really wanted a "world class", "cheap", "prepared to be a back up" CB, but I dont think there was one out there. Agger would have cost us 25 mill at least. Hummels, d.luiz, dede etc all these guys would be about the same and for a back up , thats a lot of money. Even if world class CB were available on the market, I doubt they would have wanted to go to barca and potentially warm the bench., waiting for a player to get injured

It would have been another chygrinski. A CB who can also play in midfield is hard to find. I think j.martinez and Song were the only realistic options. Song being the better option. I think puyol, mascherano, pique, batra will do well enough. I think takng a risk with Batra is worth a shot.

Yaya can play CB (brilliantly) aswell. Keita got loads of games for us and we signed Mascherano after we sold Yaya... If we kept Yaya and sold Keita we wouldnt of had to of signed Masch and Yaya wouldve got loads of games and we defo wouldnt be signin song........25mill for Agger is 5mill more than we paid for Song and Song is gonna be a sub coz he wont start ahead of Busquets , Xavi, Iniesta etc and Masch, Thiago, Fab, Dos Santos + yths all provide cover for the cm postions.....so why not pay 25mill for back up for the POSITION we need cover for instead of 20mill for a back up for a position we have covered?... yes Song has played at CB but he has been poor in that position.... he goes missing in big games... he is a liability defensively and he has no pace or drive.. he is slow.. he has good technique and will do very well v the small teams but in the big games, when it counts, he will go missing and over run like he has for Arsenal... Even the fee shows that Wenger didnt rate him too highly.. In todays market its a low enough price for a "key" player.. We needed a proper World class CB and not another defender... Puyol is 34 and injured a lot, Piques form is up and down coz he is busy riding Shakira and Masch is a def mid.. he isnt even a proper CB.. he has had one fantastic season as a CB but the rest of his career has been Def Mid .. Tito shouldve spent the money on a CB and not another CM... we have loads of CM's... over 6 for 3 positions...

You dont get it, Yaya didnt wat to be a rotational player, he knew with his ability, he would be the focal point of the team. Rotating with masch or being a CB wasnt even an option. He wanted to be ahead of busquets, basically. You can see what he is now like a city. Keeping him at barca would have been criminal!!

But Song is back up for CB, DM and can also play keita's role. Imo with the way barca play, i dont think spending > £25 mill pounds on a CB was as essential as you make it sound like. Again as I said Batra can handle the back up CB role. We seem to forget that Tito is our new coach and knows how he wants us to play. He and his team wouldnt ignore an important position such as CB if we desperately needed cover there.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:25 pm

A tall CB would of been a better option imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FuManchu Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:32 pm

gondov wrote:
You dont get it, Yaya didnt wat to be a rotational player, he knew with his ability, he would be the focal point of the team. Rotating with masch or being a CB wasnt even an option. He wanted to be ahead of busquets, basically. You can see what he is now like a city. Keeping him at barca would have been criminal!!

But Song is back up for CB, DM and can also play keita's role. Imo with the way barca play, i dont think spending > £25 mill pounds on a CB was as essential as you make it sound like. Again as I said Batra can handle the back up CB role. We seem to forget that Tito is our new coach and knows how he wants us to play. He and his team wouldnt ignore an important position such as CB if we desperately needed cover there.

lol Thats actually funny coz your the one who doesnt get it !!!!!You mustve misread my mail coz I never said he would rotate with Masch.. I said if we kept him, sold Kieta and DIDNT BUY MASCH that he wouldve played most of the time.. as much as anyone else... Just look at how many games Kieta played and Masch... well Yaya wouldve got all those games then. He wouldve been happy then. Perfect. Anyway he is gone now so thats that.. and also Song is a rubbish CB btw... RUBBISH... why would we buy a DEF MID as a back up for CB when we are already playing one DEF MID out of position there.. We needed a CB and guess what??? We still do... !!!!!! and if Bartra is good enough as back up then why isnt Dos Santos good enough as cover for the Def Mid/CM.. He plays Songs position along with SEVERAL other players... We have tonnes of CMs.. Its at CB where we need cover.... Also I know Tito is our new coach and I want him to do well and I want Song to do well as well but that doesnt mean I am not entitled to a opinion on how we spend our money.... Hopefully i am wrong and Song turns out to be a fantastic signing but I doubt it .. sure most of the comments from the Arsenal fans on here seem to be happy he is gone coz he is a "liability defensively".... lol a liability defensively and he's our CB back up... classic Smile .... he will be great against poor sides but in the big games he will go missing IMO

FuManchu
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:42 pm

The Messiah wrote:
RedOranje wrote:First and foremost, he's suggesting Barca should play Song against the smaller, weaker sides... not against Madrid. Second, claiming Busquets can only tackle (poorly as well, by his insinuation) and play short passes is really underrating Buesquets.

I have never seen Bosquet attempting Long passes not even Xavi, I think he's right about Bosquet tackling.

Anyways I have a very low opinion of Bosquet..

Busquets is much much more than just tackling. He is a great dribbler, great first touch passer and is improving on his long passes/throughballs..

Here is some videos with his dribbling

Spoiler:

And here is some of his great passes

Spoiler:

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:44 pm

harhar11 wrote:
The Messiah wrote:
RedOranje wrote:First and foremost, he's suggesting Barca should play Song against the smaller, weaker sides... not against Madrid. Second, claiming Busquets can only tackle (poorly as well, by his insinuation) and play short passes is really underrating Buesquets.

I have never seen Bosquet attempting Long passes not even Xavi, I think he's right about Bosquet tackling.

Busquets is much much more than just tackling. He is a great dribbler, great first touch passer and is improving on his long passes/throughballs..

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
You clearly dont know the meaning of dribble..
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:06 pm

harhar11 wrote:
The Messiah wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I like the fact that Busquets is so underrated. the longer it keeps that way the better. He will continue to silently orchestrate the barca midfield and teams wont know whats hitting them Suspect

busquets DM at barca >>> Yaya DM at barca.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:46 pm

Agent Song joins agent Cesc at Farca. The double agents :bow:
He is useless for Farca anywhere except subbing him for biscuit in games where the other team PTBs heavily. He offers more going forward than him.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:01 pm

Who will be ostracized, Thiago or Cex? (Or both?) hmm
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:01 pm

Thiago imo. Fabregas can still play up front.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:16 pm

Its not a big deal, finding playing time...
Song will at least have the playing time Kieta used to have.. especially in away games.. Song is younger, talented and can improve at Barca...
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:18 pm

Iniesta/Cesc - Busquets/Song - Xavi/Thiago

That means, JDS will go on loan or something...
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:23 pm

Give him to us
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:28 pm

RealGunner wrote:Give him to us

I actually wouldn't mind this...

Would he get playing time at Arsenal?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:34 pm

okay, seriously does Song actualy have 17 sisters and 10 brothers! scratch
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:38 pm

As a depth signing Barca have done great, he might even move Bisquit/Song to a CB if needed.

Also 15m pounds... we did worse with Coentrao, we shouldn't complain about it.
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:40 pm

Looks like Thiago may leave.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:43 pm

10m ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:43 pm

gondov wrote:okay, seriously does Song actualy have 17 sisters and 10 brothers! scratch

Yep.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:45 pm

----M'Vila
Santi---Thiago

hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:32 am

Barcelona's problem last season, in my opinion:

1. Lack of aerial capability
  2. Lack of a solid centre back
  3. Lack of alternative 'finishers' to Messi

Rightly so they identified the addition of a LB and CB to deal with the problems that started with Puyol and Abidal's injury/health problems and the fact that Piqué had a below-standard season and was pretty much living off his name rather than quality.

1. However, the addition of neither Song nor Alba will help the Catalans in the aerial department, if anything, they are now even more vulnerable to set-pieces and crosses.

2. Song is a player who started as a centre back, moved to defensive midfield and finally became more of a central midfield. Here is an athletic player with good passing skills but poor defensive understanding and covering. Playing him as a centre back in big stages is suicidal. It must be said though, he won't be a bad replacement for the departed Keita.

3. One could hope Villa and Pedro get back to their best and start finding the net, players like Alexis to step up and more importantly, Messi keeps the goals coming. Otherwise Barcelona will be in big trouble this season as I can only see them coming up against a better Madrid side which have gained confidence after a record-breaking season.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:42 am

what's that BS about Thiago leaving?
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:07 am

Many thanks to Song for the great service and great performances that he put it. Soon Gunners will see what we have let go.

And I find it laughable that some of the Arsenal fans

a: think Wenger will replace him and spend the money received

b: complain about his bursts forward as if Diaby isn't a thousand times worse

Diaby can't tackle to save his life, is woeful positionally, holds the ball far too long and constantly does stupid crap

It's no coincidence that this season we spent £40m and sold Rvp and Song for guess what..... dun dun dun £40m

Sahin is the most we can expect and he's not even a DM anyway
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:12 am

gondov wrote:okay, seriously does Song actualy have 17 sisters and 10 brothers! scratch

This is madness. affraid
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am

julias wrote:Many thanks to Song for the great service and great performances that he put it. Soon Gunners will see what we have let go.

And I find it laughable that some of the Arsenal fans

a: think Wenger will replace him and spend the money received

b: complain about his bursts forward as if Diaby isn't a thousand times worse

Diaby can't tackle to save his life, is woeful positionally, holds the ball far too long and constantly does stupid crap

It's no coincidence that this season we spent £40m and sold Rvp and Song for guess what..... dun dun dun £40m

Sahin is the most we can expect and he's not even a DM anyway

A: Yeah we wont buy anymore this summer :facepalm:
B: Diaby is a bench player at most, not a starter

We already saw the effect of Song = clean sheet yesterday, no goal from fouls made by our great tackler in Song.

And you talk about Song as he's a DM, well he's not. If we get Sahin, he can do Song's hollywood passes so we wont miss them + isn't tactically and positionaly inept like Song was in the past two years.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next