Song As B2B?

+9
EL Patron
Sri
Sushi Master
usman111
Iceman
Raptorgunner
Wilson37
REWB
Amar
13 posters

Go down

Song As B2B? Empty Song As B2B?

Post by Amar Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:36 pm

Slot Coquelin/Frimpong in at DM (who are much more disciplined for the role), and give Song the role of B2B. He's got the power, stamina, and even decent passing to hold it down.

Should add some strength in the midfield as well, and would give more license to the advanced playmaker to push forward (Arteta/Ramsey/Rosicky).







Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2227
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Song As B2B? Empty Re: Song As B2B?

Post by REWB Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:42 pm

*sigh* or midfield situation is just depressing......... :facepalm:
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 5436
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Song As B2B? Empty Re: Song As B2B?

Post by Wilson37 Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:58 pm

I want to see Song playing with Frimpong or Coquelin and Arteta playing the position which Ramsey is playing now... And give some rest to Ramsey and see how it turns out...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2576
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Song As B2B? Empty Re: Song As B2B?

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:18 pm

Song can play anywhere, glad to have him on our side. Smile
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 18057
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Song As B2B? Empty Re: Song As B2B?

Post by Iceman Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:28 pm

I was actually thinking about making a thread regarding Song, but since this one was made, I might as well just post here.

I'm going to start off by quoting Gonnerjay here in a post he made in one of the threads in this section:

The problem with our midfield at the moment is that there's no one there who has that little burst of acceleration that'd allow him to get past markers and drive at teams.

Ramsey used to do this, but evidently that injury has hampered him. He doesn't look anywhere near as sharp or as athletic as he did before. Arteta is a similar case, since in the last couple of season he's been quite injury prone and has lost that edge of pace he used to have.

So essientially we're playing two central midfielders who'd be better off playing deeper and playing a supporting role at the same time.

Clearly, if we're going to stick with 4-3-3 then the midfield needsWilshere or a Diaby; players that have that burst of pace that enables them to beat players and drive forward with the ball. It's not coincedence that the best midfield we've had since the switch to 4-3-3 was Song-Diaby-Fabregas and, after that, Song-Wilshere-Fabregas.

Now we are left without Wilshere and Diaby, but we must find a solution to the problem in our midfield. We have nobody running at the defenders; in fact, Ramsey and Arteta mostly run backwards when they have the ball. The one player who seems to be confident in his ability is Song. I know it sounds odd, but he has been the one great thing in this season's midfield. If you remember the good moments this season (Not that there are many), you'll find that Song has been involved in almost all of them. He is a complete midfielder in my eyes because he seems to have a lot of everything, and this season he improved his passing range too. He doesn't seem to be lacking in creativity or vision either.

If you want my opinion, it's time to break the shackles on Song. Play him as a B2B or even further forward, and let someone else take the defensive responsibilities. Having Song playing there means that we will have a B2B who actually defends really well as well as supports the attack. I think we need to try him out, but not before we try out Arshavin.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2043
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Song As B2B? Empty Re: Song As B2B?

Post by usman111 Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:12 pm

gervinho has this sudden burst of acceleration which enables him to get past players. i think players who have good ball control i.e they keep the ball close can do this easily. Song might work because he has excellent ability to play through balls but his natural position is defensive mid. i would like someone like arshavin or rosiscky to move in that position because they are the ones who can make things happens.



right now the creativity is missing because
1. players not making good runs- this is maybe due to lack of confidence and more emphasis on defence.
2. players staying where they are and not moving towards the ball- when i say this i mean they dont want to get the ball they try to hide behind opponents. they should move often and try create that pass and make themselves available.
3. the final ball
4. ramsey- ramsey is just not himself after injury. he lost pace and takes too much time on the ball. he and many other players are making simple passes. Fabregas used to make those runs into the box. he used to get in the right positions which ramsey is not.
5. arshavin was the one who used to make those difficult passes but this season he either not getting played or he is not the same.
usman111
usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 470
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Song As B2B? Empty Re: Song As B2B?

Post by usman111 Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:15 pm

fabregas and nasri used to take the defenders on. right now we have just gervinho the rest are scared or lack of confidence they they simply pick a easy pass.
usman111
usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 470
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Song As B2B? Empty Re: Song As B2B?

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:03 pm

usman111 wrote:fabregas and nasri used to take the defenders on. right now we have just gervinho the rest are scared or lack of confidence they they simply pick a easy pass.

Gervinho is crazy he would take on a whole team, if he has too Very Happy .
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 18057
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Song As B2B? Empty Re: Song As B2B?

Post by Sushi Master Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:55 pm

If we want song in a box to box role, this means the defense needs to sit deep and actually defend because once Song is up the field, they are completely exposed.

This is why I want M'Vila, who is great defensively but can actually pass, too. IMO, he'd be perfect in any of our midfield roles apart from the creative ones who Arteta and Ramsey can fill.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 9392
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Song As B2B? Empty Re: Song As B2B?

Post by Sri Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:05 pm

Sushi Master wrote:If we want song in a box to box role, this means the defense needs to sit deep and actually defend because once Song is up the field, they are completely exposed.

This is why I want M'Vila, who is great defensively but can actually pass, too. IMO, he'd be perfect in any of our midfield roles apart from the creative ones who Arteta and Ramsey can fill.

Hey Sushi, what is the difference between M'Vila and Coquelin in your opinion?? I think they both have very similar games..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 13935
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Song As B2B? Empty Re: Song As B2B?

Post by EL Patron Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:13 pm

He hasn't got the lungs to do a job as a box to box midfielder.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 6465
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Song As B2B? Empty Re: Song As B2B?

Post by Jay29 Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:49 pm

I can see the logic in giving Song a more offensive role in the side. He does have a lot of qualities that'd enable him to do so, and the reason why it's never really worked before is because we lacked cover in midfield.

I do see a couple of problems with it, though. Song is not really a dynamic player. He lacks a bit of pace and I question if he has the stamina to get up and down the pitch all game.

Furthermore, Song can be so good in a defensive role, it'd be a bit of a waste not to use him there. When he's actually told to hold his position and act purely in a defensive capacity, he can be beastly. I don't doubt the talents of Coquelin and Frimpong, but it seems a bit too soon to be relying on them to play DM when we've got Song who could be considered amongst the top DM's in the Premier League - I'd say top three, easily.

I also don't really see it as a viable long-term solution, either. On this basis, I'm not sure we should Yann M'Vila. While M'Vila is obviously quite talented, I wouldn't really want a midfield of M'Vila-Song-Wilshere, as it lacks someone that can really control the midfield. It's a dynamic and tough midfield, but a bit limited, which is why I'd like Arteta or Ramsey in there to give it more guile.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 19996
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Song As B2B? Empty Re: Song As B2B?

Post by EL Patron Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:52 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:I can see the logic in giving Song a more offensive role in the side. He does have a lot of qualities that'd enable him to do so, and the reason why it's never really worked before is because we lacked cover in midfield.

I do see a couple of problems with it, though. Song is not really a dynamic player. He lacks a bit of pace and I question if he has the stamina to get up and down the pitch all game.

Furthermore, Song can be so good in a defensive role, it'd be a bit of a waste not to use him there. When he's actually told to hold his position and act purely in a defensive capacity, he can be beastly. I don't doubt the talents of Coquelin and Frimpong, but it seems a bit too soon to be relying on them to play DM when we've got Song who could be considered amongst the top DM's in the Premier League - I'd say top three, easily.

I also don't really see it as a viable long-term solution, either. On this basis, I'm not sure we should Yann M'Vila. While M'Vila is obviously quite talented, I wouldn't really want a midfield of M'Vila-Song-Wilshere, as it lacks someone that can really control the midfield. It's a dynamic and tough midfield, but a bit limited, which is why I'd like Arteta or Ramsey in there to give it more guile.

don't see why people want another defensive mid when you have Frimpong and Coquelin behind unless they want a team full of defensive mid's like Inter Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 6465
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Song As B2B? Empty Re: Song As B2B?

Post by Sushi Master Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:05 am

srigooner wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:If we want song in a box to box role, this means the defense needs to sit deep and actually defend because once Song is up the field, they are completely exposed.

This is why I want M'Vila, who is great defensively but can actually pass, too. IMO, he'd be perfect in any of our midfield roles apart from the creative ones who Arteta and Ramsey can fill.

Hey Sushi, what is the difference between M'Vila and Coquelin in your opinion?? I think they both have very similar games..
M'Vila has a much better physique suited for the PL type of game, is more experienced in the top level and already is a regular for the French NT. Not that Coquelin is crap or anything, but he's gonna take time to reach his potential, which we don't have much of right now. We need results.

gunnerlistick wrote:don't see why people want another defensive mid when you have Frimpong and Coquelin behind unless they want a team full of defensive mid's like Inter
We might lose both Song and Frimpong for the AFC, so we need a backup. Frimpong and Coquelin are decent players, but are still unproven talents. I don't care if it means killing off one of their careers if M'Vila comes.

I'd also like a shift in tactics to a more rigid, effective approach because we just don't have the players to play possession football anymore. All we have points to a more direct, counter attacking philosophy which Wenger seems reluctant to apply.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 9392
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Song As B2B? Empty Re: Song As B2B?

Post by Emaharg Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:00 am

Anyone else think we should bring Lansbury back?
I mean he played nearly every match for Norwich on their way to promotion and is playing regularly for West Ham. He plays for the under 21's I mean surely he offers something we don't have?
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 811
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Song As B2B? Empty Re: Song As B2B?

Post by Eman Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:14 am

Song has had excellent through balls so far this year and is turning into a player with much more vision. That being said, moving Song forward and playing Frimpong/Coquelin raises the question: do you guys rate Frimpong and Coquelin higher than Ramsey (who would be the probable victim)? I'm not so sure. Considering Song has also always been a DM for us, I think he should continue to do it. Perhaps we could try playing with 2 designated DMs though to give Song more freedom...

At any rate, even if a change maybe needs to be made, Arsene will continue to do whatever he feels like. Hopefully he makes some good choices.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 3029
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Song As B2B? Empty Re: Song As B2B?

Post by KMD Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:12 am

i see him as Yaya Toure !!! Smile
KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 788
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Song As B2B? Empty Re: Song As B2B?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum