Myesyats
Thimmy
BarrileteCosmico
RealGunner
Babun
45 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by CBarca Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:48 pm

Nobody forcing you though. The fact it hasn't been forced is ultimately a good thing, if unfortunate. I'm here in the US though. Can other British posters confirm that you're being forced to take the vaccine?

My comparison stands, even if it's exaggerated. But we have to be careful about our discussion here. The comparison was never about anyone being forced to do anything. It was in response to why people would be annoyed with anti-vaxxers By not taking the vaccine you put others who *can't* or who *won't* take the vaccine in potential danger by acting as a vector. Maybe a better comparison is someone who is sick with the flu refusing to wash their hands or stay away from other people.

I would never say someone should be forced to take the flu vaccine. I would never say someone should be forced to wash their hands. I would never say someone should be forced to social distance from others because of the flu (although it should be noted that as per public health/public safety laws we do require people to do certain things, like employees to wash their hands, and no one bats an eye). But for the common good of the community, boy, if you have the flu you ought to stay home, cover your mouth, wash your hands etc. because you don't want to give other people the flu. The flu is an awful time. Same thing for COVID.

But it's your choice. Have said that from the beginning.

The other thing is that we're talking at different levels here. On an individual level, sure -- you as an individual won't make a difference in terms of endangering others or acting as a vector for mutant variants to spread. But at a community level, enough actors that think that way is a danger to public health. Me? I prefer to not be a danger to public health than to be a danger to public health. But that's an individual choice, just like washing your hands.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:10 pm

Distorted, Bizarre Food Smells Haunt Covid Survivors

Long after some people have recovered from the virus, they find certain foods off-putting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/15/health/covid-smells-food.html

Pretty interesting
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:04 pm

paywall, relay the news to us
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:34 pm

My neighbor got corvid, 1 week after quarantine ended he came to help me with some yard work. Lost counciousness in the bathroom and fell on the floor, he has diabetes.

He got fucked up real good, parents vaccinated didnt get sick from him.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:12 pm

The Franchise wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Surprise surprise, the man is a clear and obvious fraud.

As evidenced by what, exactly?

Common sense and rationale thinking.

Backed up by what evidence, though?
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:14 pm

Thimmy wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:I got my first shot in mid May, didn't take a selfie, had no side effects, so can confirm.

I got my first one in april, second one in may. I've been hearing about side effects of Moderna and Pfizer occurring in individuals around 3 months after the second shot. I haven't noticed anything else than the odd, dizziness and feeling of my vision zooming in and out, just after I got the second vaccine. Then again, that was only a little over a month ago.

I got Moderna, 2nd shot is scheduled for 2nd of July, will keep you guys posted, but Germany has been slinging Moderna and Pfizer (we call it BioNTech here) left and right and so far the only reported complications have been from AstraZeneca, the known blood clot issues.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:02 pm

any of you taken the Chinese vaxx?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:41 am

My sister participated in trials for the Chinese Canadian one. She's fine. Also has antibodies so she prob didn't get a placebo
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:20 am

it seems to be the most trusted vaxx over here by folk
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:29 am

It's not approved in EU or US, I don't think most here would have had access to it.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:07 am

Two of my grandparents took it and they're fine. Most of the earlier vaccines given here in Brasil were Coronovac.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:59 pm

https://cloudfront-us-east-1.images.arcpublishing.com/infobae/WNRDVGM3YZBG7NV2GHXW3MSVRI.jpg

Argentina worst corona country in the world Proud
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:04 pm

In defense of Argentina, the fatality rate looks okay, the vaccination quota is just bad, which appears to measure quite heavily into this ranking, also by the data points for Germany, I can see that this must be at least one month, more likely two months, old.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:11 pm

The Franchise wrote:RG and anyone living in the UK.

Thoughts of Boris delaying "freedom day" another 4 weeks?

Can anyone justify this absolute nonsense? You actually think this has anything to do with saving lives?

Honestly nowhere around me has felt like we are still in a lockdown or anything so it doesn't bother me. Barely anyone wears marks in stores anymore. People have huge parties and whatnot. It doesn't bother me on a personal level but i am not sure why he moved it 4 weeks ahead since data has been consistent over the weeks.

The only thing i want him to do is open travel as i really need to go abroad and i can't.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:51 pm

The rationale for the delay of "freedom day" was to wait for more data and allow for more 2nd doses, since it seems one is not enough for the Delta variant.

My issue is, there's been a lot of bleating about pure case numbers. Lots of advisors and scientists putting the fear in everyone because the case numbers are going up again, while not paying much heed to the emerging data trend of fewer hospitalisations and deaths. The vaccines appear to be doing their job by reducing severe cases and it's mostly the under 30s picking up the virus now. I found it striking how "saving lives" has become secondary to "easing pressure on the NHS in the face of their enormous backlog", which isn't as compelling, is it?

I do think it's a very cautious move. We know the NHS can cope and the age groups being infected have the smallest chance of severe disease and death. I think we're at a point now where legal restrictions are unnecessary and greater emphasis should now be placed on personal responsibility. If I'm being really cynical, a lot of this cautious rhetoric has been designed to spook people into getting their vaccines. This focus on pure numbers is just unhealthy when a) cases were always going to increase with heightened testing and fewer restrictions and b) the most vulnerable should, by now, be doubled-dosed and theoretically protected from severe illness. That seems like a decent position to be in now.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:55 pm

im sure there are more than 53 countries in the world
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:26 pm

Jay29 wrote:The rationale for the delay of "freedom day" was to wait for more data and allow for more 2nd doses, since it seems one is not enough for the Delta variant.

My issue is, there's been a lot of bleating about pure case numbers. Lots of advisors and scientists putting the fear in everyone because the case numbers are going up again, while not paying much heed to the emerging data trend of fewer hospitalisations and deaths. The vaccines appear to be doing their job by reducing severe cases and it's mostly the under 30s picking up the virus now. I found it striking how "saving lives" has become secondary to "easing pressure on the NHS in the face of their enormous backlog", which isn't as compelling, is it?

I do think it's a very cautious move. We know the NHS can cope and the age groups being infected have the smallest chance of severe disease and death. I think we're at a point now where legal restrictions are unnecessary and greater emphasis should now be placed on personal responsibility. If I'm being really cynical, a lot of this cautious rhetoric has been designed to spook people into getting their vaccines. This focus on pure numbers is just unhealthy when a) cases were always going to increase with heightened testing and fewer restrictions and b) the most vulnerable should, by now, be doubled-dosed and theoretically protected from severe illness. That seems like a decent position to be in now.

That's my opinion too. If the deaths are not affected at all then the delta variant isn't going to put the pressure on NHS so might as well open everything.

I can't believe i agree with Theresa May but she is spot on here

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:54 pm

I agree, it's fucking ridiculous to indirectly force a vaccination and then not offer any reward for it.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:26 pm

El Gunner wrote:im sure there are more than 53 countries in the world

rest is shithole countries though /s
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:30 pm

okay Trump
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:06 pm

Covid-19 lab leak evidence ‘overwhelming’, experts say

Scientists say the chance that Covid-19 emerged naturally in animals at the Wuhan wet market is “one in a million”

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/global/covid19-lab-leak-evidence-overwhelming-experts-say/news-story/d8fa0dd0b3469efa3bfb5788b0459e3a

perhaps WW3 already started, a biological war
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:25 pm

There's already new research contradicting this, I'd wait on it.

Also from today:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/18/in-hunt-for-covids-origin-new-studies-point-away-from-lab-leak-theory

Maybe WW3 isn't nations against each other, it's just corporations destroying the environment, and non-rich people footing the bill.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:19 pm

I got Pfizer today

Not  took a selfie as most of ppl but yet I feel vaccine is working. What a time to be alive
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:21 pm

Robespierre wrote:I got Pfizer today

Not  took a selfie as most of ppl but yet I feel vaccine is working. What a time to be alive

i can connect myself to 5G after my first dose. Mine is working too
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:46 pm

Myesyats wrote:Covid-19 lab leak evidence ‘overwhelming’, experts say

Scientists say the chance that Covid-19 emerged naturally in animals at the Wuhan wet market is “one in a million”

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/global/covid19-lab-leak-evidence-overwhelming-experts-say/news-story/d8fa0dd0b3469efa3bfb5788b0459e3a

perhaps WW3 already started, a biological war

Really? Just read an interview with Germany's leading covid expoert Drosten and he says he assumes the jump to humans originated from Chinese fur farms where raccoon dogs, who eat bats in the wild, are caught and killed in close contact with humans, with their death cries creating aerosols

He said that the virus' chaotic genetic structure and properties regarding reproductory mechanisms don't make much sense to have been engineered and certainly don't look engineered

"Scientists" in the "Wall Street Journal" (which I guess is code for CIA disinformation agents) have also told us Saddam had nukes
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:51 pm

you can already see it...
20 years from now the mainstream general consensus will be that it was from an animal, while the "conspiracy community" will say it is/was a bio-weapon

just like.... wait for it... HIV/AIDS
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next