The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

+41
Casciavit
Duronto-Roddur
MindYourThinking
Young Kaz
Pedram
Firenze
The Franchise
elitedam
futbol
zigra
futbol_bill
The Demon of Carthage
Blue
Lucifer
McLewis
sportsczy
Freeza
Arquitecto
Hapless_Hans
Zagadka
Robespierre
Vibe
Warrior
guest_07
rincon
iftikhar
Art Morte
VivaStPauli
CBarca
FennecFox7
M99
Nishankly
Adit
Jay29
El Gunner
S
Myesyats
Thimmy
BarrileteCosmico
RealGunner
Babun
45 posters

Page 35 of 42 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 38 ... 42  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:13 pm

Maybe every state policy is a bit different. what I've seen is are policies like VaxMillions lottery, some happy go lucky ads showing people back to normal, but nothing with any real substance about it. Im sure it's there, maybe as someone that uses an ad blocker and doesn't have a cable TV subscription I'm not that exposed to it, but it should be proactive and reach people rather than waiting for them to try to find that information.

But the discourse where these people are vilified is not helping IMO.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Posts : 27093
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:34 pm

BC wrote:But the discourse where these people are vilified is not helping IMO.
it's like real life cancel culture out here these days Laughing Social policing at its best. You apparently don't care for your fellow human if you don't want the vaccine.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 19315
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Warrior Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:55 pm

QAnon and anti-vax is like 0.000001% of population and everybody else finds them ridiculous

Passivity of people should not be understimated. Unless you create a law such as vaccine passport you must wait the remaining % to have personal incentives. After months we can assume publicity and lottery do not reach this population

Since the vaccine came out i did not care for it

I let others get vaccinated instead

Soon i look for a job after months of vacations i consider taking it for practical reasons
- during the interview they might ask
- won't lie about being vaccinated if i'm not
- i don't want the company to believe i am anti-vax Laughing
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 7785
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:05 pm

so you're still living the freedom life Very Happy what job are you going into next @Warrior?
have you heard of seasonal jobs? recently stumbled upon this American on YouTube who lives a "nomad" type of lifestyle and does these seasonal jobs. If you're interested, i can message you his channel he gives more information in his videos.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 19315
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Warrior Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:25 pm

Share it for everyone imo

Yes it's been 4½ months chilling. Never been a big spender, i don't buy clothes, furnitures, cellphones etc. I don't have any debt. Why not Laughing

I'll still be truck driver, the only job that i can tolerate tbh. Pays well, you get hired easily. Not even worried in fact, i could go on until autumn and winter, just getting bored of wanking around. Those vacations were meant to last 3-4 weeks at most i just extended cause i don't really give a fuck lol

In a couple years i buy a house outside the city so my next job i be grinding cash. The financial liberty of not paying a rent (giving money to a stranger) is the next step of my ambitions.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 7785
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by CBarca Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:39 pm

EG it's possible people arguing against you has less to do with not taking the vaccine versus your actual arguments *against* it.

I find people who haven't taken the vaccine to have made a choice I think is annoying but it's their choice. People who actively try to work against vaccination is certainly worth my time to criticize and engage with. In that case, you're actively working against public health goals and contributing to a dangerous discourse as opposed to just idly sitting around like Warrior is.

Edit: for example, you might notice that any ire or distress the last couple pages is pointed specifically at people who are anti-vax
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 20028
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by El Gunner Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:57 pm

almost everyone who has not taken the vaccine yet has a reason for it, so i don't really think your point makes any sense as much as you think it does. Do you think i am "anti-vaxx"? Have i ever ran any anti-vaxx campaigns on here or in real life?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 19315
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Babun Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:01 pm

@El Gunner wrote:almost everyone who has not taken the vaccine yet has a reason for it, so i don't really think your point makes any sense as much as you think it does. Do you think i am "anti-vaxx"? Have i ever ran any anti-vaxx campaigns on here or in real life?

Again, no one is attacking people who don't want the vaccine so what's your problem?
Literally everybody on the last 3-4 pages is of the opinion it's their choice. The possibility is still open for them though in case they'll change their mind. Antivaxx people are mentioned, for we're sure even if a dear one to them suffers or dies due to the Wuhan virus they'd still refuse the vaccine.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7206
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Myesyats Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:16 am

Anti-vax man dies at Corona Regional Medical Center in Corona, CA after contracting Coronavirus.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/man-who-made-fun-vaccination-efforts-social-media-dies-covid-n1274922?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

“I got 99 problems but a vax ain't one," Stephen Harmon said in a tweet last month.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 15287
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by El Gunner Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:27 am

so i believe me and my grandparents came down with the new Big C/the Rona earlier this month (we live together). Grandad got sick first had an ugly cough, and then over a weekend it hit all of us hard. We didn't get ourselves tested but all of the signs were there tbh. My grandad lost his taste and smell for a few days... i didn't lose mine, i just had a strange flavour and smell of foods whenever i ate. A strongish fever also hit both me and grandad on the same night. Like extreme chills and sweating, barely slept the entire night. But then i felt almost completely fine again the following morning. Grandparents continued to be sick, grandma mostly complained about a fatigued body and pain in her lower back and limbs, also developed a little cough later on. The following days i also just suffered from fatigue as well. Like just drained for real, worst of it lasted for about a week. Oh and we all also had a loss of appetite for a while. We're all better now though and seem to be recovered. Though last week friday i went to the shopping centre, it's a bit of a walk. And that evening i felt a bit weak again... they say the virus and its effects still remains for a bit in your body afterwards apparently. But since then been good. We're back out of bed in our usual routines again.

We treated ourselves with usual flu medicines, lived off mainly quick-made soup and fizzy drinks for a few days (because of loss of appetite) and we also had a nebuliser and oximeter on hand which we used a few times.

All in all i can personally say i've had worse illnesses before in my life when i was younger. It seemed to hit grandad the hardest because he also has diabetes and blood pressure problems. The worst part with this was just the impatience that came from a long healing duration, because i usually recover from a normal flu/cold in about 2 to 3 days. And also the psychological part of it when you're just lying in bed and thinking. You've got to fight this thing off on all levels - biologically, emotionally and mentally.

Most of my family actually got it by now, but luckily no near family deaths. Just a few distant family and community deaths in the last few months, most of them old anyway. In my family only my mum (for work), and my one uncle and his wife (i think personal choice, but maybe also a bit for work) got themselves vaxxed.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 19315
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by elitedam Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:58 am

I'm glad you guys pulled through.

I got the first shot of the Oxford vaccine on Friday. No major side effects. Still feeling a bit lethargic. I got the shortest lasting fever of my life. A slight fever that lasted for an hour or two. The weird thing is my lips got dry. I didn't know that was a thing.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1748
Join date : 2012-05-31
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:41 pm

El Gunner, just curious so you and your family deciding not to get vax correct? Why may I ask? U want to achieve natural immunity or worried about the possible side effects?

The latest results from Israel anyone understanding them? Apparently significantly dropping to 3x% effectiveness vs symtomic infection vs the variant? Partly due to the shorter time they have between their first and second doses. Not sure if I am keeping up to date correctly but the latest about all vaccines getting more n more ineffective vs obviously mutating variants are pretty depressing. It means strict countries will continue the lockdowns and quarantines forever Sad
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 6569
Join date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by El Gunner Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:19 pm

@elitedam thanks buddy

@BarcaLearning just shortly before we got sick my grandad actually wanted to go get it. My grandma said she's see how he'd react to it before she got it. Don't know where they stand now. We all have our own opinions and thoughts regarding the vaccine and the entire situation. Personally i am skeptical of the vaccine, its effectiveness, its long term side effects and the entire global politics surrounding it and the virus... and also i have enough confidence in my own immunity and i have not bought into the entire mass fear and hysteria perpetuated by the media this whole time.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 19315
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:57 pm

The media should have covered the pandemic more sensibly, especially at the beginning, I agree. Many people who suffer from anxiety struggled a lot and had trouble even sleeping at night due to the media-induced fear. As a result, even the suicide rate went up.

Having said that, you have to understand that this virus is a lot more dangerous than many people think. I keep hearing about 98% recovery rate, and it may be true, but when I see young people of 18-19 years of age with no comorbidities die from it, you get why governments are using such drastic measures to try and end the pandemic.

What's even worse is that with all these variants popping up, young people are no longer spared. Many of them require intensive care now and others don't even make it.

I'm certainly not trying to strike fear into anybody here, and I'm sure I'm not telling you guys nothing you don't already know, but if you are not an anti-vaxxer and you have access to vaccines, please get vaccinated. You'll protect yourself, but more importantly those around you as well by continuing to wear the mask.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6115
Join date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Myesyats Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:51 pm

Vaccines not only protect from contracting the disease but also if infected, you are 5x less likely to spread to others.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 15287
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by CBarca Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:17 am

I feel awful for doctors and nurses in certain parts of the country right now. Places with high amounts of unvaxxed are getting overrun. Springfield MO as I linked earlier. Kansas City is turning away patients and opening up a third COVID ICU, saying if they don't get things under control now, it's gonna be like last fall (one of the worst times for the pandemic in general).

They didn't sign up to go through this shit again and yet looks like they're going to have to


Last edited by CBarca on Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 20028
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:25 pm

It's fun how people like El Gunner refuse to listen to the doctors, right? And then everyone is like 'nobody could have predicted this', except all the health care workers have been desperately appealing to all of us to stay home, wear a mask when not at home, and get vaxxed.

But I guess it's easier to clap for them.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli
Posts : 8818
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Robespierre Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:33 am

I'll get 2nd dose of Pfizer in 30 minutes, here we go

Symptoms for 1st one  lasted just a day, and it was quite soft ( my arm hurted a bit), I hope same thing now. We'll see

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 35 IMG-20210727-112721
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 16599
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by The Franchise Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:57 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:At this point, in the developed western countries, anyone that wants a vaccine has already gotten it. No amount of pressure or bribes will change that. In fact they just build resentment and make them more resistant to it. Judging them and making them all out to be crazies that believe in conspiracy theories does that even more so and entrenches people into their behavior.

I'm not sure what the path forward is, but I suspect an education approach to "these are the most common concerns that cause vaccine hesitation and this is why you shouldn't be concerned about it" would be more effective. They need to be engaged with, not shamed or threatened.

I disagree. Here in the UK, they are threatening the young and I am quite sure this coercion will lead to a larger take up.

Last week it was announced that in September there will be vaccine passports for nightclubs, bars and "crowded events" and I think last night it was suggested Uni students will have to take the jab to attend lectures.  Of course this makes zero sense for a number of reasons but this has been ignored.

Many speculate this will be voted down by the house as more than half of the Tory government will vote against it and Labour perhaps will also. Sadly they have been no opposition so far, going along with every peice of nonsense the government have wanted and in cases criticizing only to insist it be done quicker and for longer. But they are being very no-committal on vaccine passports, so we will see. Regardless, there is alot of talk that this is simply a way to scare the young into taking it and there will be no introduction of vaccine passports for domestic use.

Regardless of it being legit or a scare tactic, this is patently wrong and unethical. But it will work because the announcement followed a rise in young people being jabbed.

As for "solving the problem". I think you already know, I dont believe there is a problem in this regard. The truly vulnerable in this country have already been covered months ago, the co-morbid and elderly being the first to take the jab. The rest of us either have pre-existing immunity one way or another or will not be hospitalized in large scale because of it. So I dont see what problem needs solving here.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19615
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by MindYourThinking Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:29 pm

Spoke with some friends last week that have opted not to get the shot/jab and it seems their friends will not hang with them. One feels so much pressure that they are considering to lie about it because of the ridicule and harassment being received.

I'm not here to debate opinions or anything like that. This is all about bully tactics and intimidation. I was never one for the club scene, eating out, sports events, et cetera. That being said, there is no evidence or longterm studies on the effectiveness of these shots, so I find it irresponsible (if we're going by the narrative this virus is so deadly) to pack stadiums, clubs which has been happening here for quite sometime now.

It's become obvious the new agenda is to blame the unvaccinated which is a complete joke. Honestly, if you can't see it then it's clear to me you lack the ability to think critically and discern truth from falsehood.

MindYourThinking
MindYourThinking
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 34
Join date : 2021-04-28

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by MindYourThinking Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:33 pm

@Myesyats wrote:It's embarrassing for the human race that during a deadly pandemic people have to be encouraged to take a vaccine that clearly and undoubtedly saves lives. It should be a no-brainer for any sentient human being with elementary knowledge


Please provide this proof with actual statistics and where you have sourced this information.

These shots were manufactured in a rushed environment with no longterm research to back up your claims. In fact, the companies manufacturing the shots have zero liability because of the circumstance. So it seems silly to me such a claim would be made with no evidence.

There are multiple manufacturers and not all of them are considered "vaccines"...so your post is already showing a level of ignorance due to the generalization.

At least research from as many sources as you can and look for the common themes. "Sources" with a vested interest and/or agenda have a conflict of interest. I could make the claim of being shocked that so many are unable to utilize and apply the scientific method, however this is not the case. At the very least, it would be nice if we could actually carry on conversations without all the attack on character because people are opting not to be experimented on.

https://taplink.cc/insta_ashleyeverly
MindYourThinking
MindYourThinking
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 34
Join date : 2021-04-28

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:07 pm

Interesting statistics over the last week in the UK

The daily number of Covid cases recorded in the UK has fallen for a seventh day in a row, to 23,511.

This comes with the fact that UK is 'free' from any legal restrictions. I can think of few things which might have caused reduced cases

1) schools are closed
2) people have stopped testing
3) heatwave
4) vaccination

Good news either way
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 88977
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by The Franchise Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:48 pm

Without looking into it with the usual strength of research I would, my guess would be no.2.

The testing has decreased for a fact, perhaps because the school kids arent doing 2 tests a week anymore or just in general people are testing less but the stats are indeed showing less tests. It doesnt account in total for the fall in "case" numbers, it is more complex that that but I am willing to say it is the main reason. I dont know if it is still the case, but not long ago we was testing more than the rest of (lets just pretend we are still in) the EU combined.

School closure was part of the same modelling which predicted 100k (minimum) new "cases" per day. Obviously a laughable figure which was never going to happen but one used to scaremonger and justify the late end to lockdown. But I dont think the school closure has anything to do with it, other than what I said, the kids arent being tested. During the first lockdown, kids going back to school had no impact on the numbers so I dont see why it would now they are leaving.

Its surely not vaccination because it doesnt change the number of cases, it simply changes the severity of them. Also, if it was vaccination we would have seen this shift months ago. Though in normal times where cases were actually properly counted, this would be much more clear and we could attempt to attribute the true decline in cases to the vaccine. But as we have not done that, its impossible.

I mean, the case numbers should be seen as total irrelevant by now. In fact, over a year ago if not the start but still, that's my guess.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19615
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by The Franchise Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:00 pm

@MindYourThinking wrote:Spoke with some friends last week that have opted not to get the shot/jab and it seems their friends will not hang with them. One feels so much pressure that they are considering to lie about it because of the ridicule and harassment being received.

I'm not here to debate opinions or anything like that. This is all about bully tactics and intimidation. I was never one for the club scene, eating out, sports events, et cetera. That being said, there is no evidence or longterm studies on the effectiveness of these shots, so I find it irresponsible (if we're going by the narrative this virus is so deadly) to pack stadiums, clubs which has been happening here for quite sometime now.

It's become obvious the new agenda is to blame the unvaccinated which is a complete joke. Honestly, if you can't see it then it's clear to me you lack the ability to think critically and discern truth from falsehood.



That sucks. Luckily, for whatever reason, I have not experienced that here.

I think within my circle, the divide is different. Either you are not getting the jab for whatever reason or they have already got it and arent talking about it openly.

My sense is that the guys in my group who have got it, have done so not for health reasons, but because they think they should so they can go on holiday or not be excluded from society in the way people like me probably will be.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19615
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:29 pm

@MindYourThinking wrote:
@Myesyats wrote:It's embarrassing for the human race that during a deadly pandemic people have to be encouraged to take a vaccine that clearly and undoubtedly saves lives. It should be a no-brainer for any sentient human being with elementary knowledge


Please provide this proof with actual statistics and where you have sourced this information.

These shots were manufactured in a rushed environment with no longterm research to back up your claims. In fact, the companies manufacturing the shots have zero liability because of the circumstance. So it seems silly to me such a claim would be made with no evidence.

There are multiple manufacturers and not all of them are considered "vaccines"...so your post is already showing a level of ignorance due to the generalization.

At least research from as many sources as you can and look for the common themes. "Sources" with a vested interest and/or agenda have a conflict of interest. I could make the claim of being shocked that so many are unable to utilize and apply the scientific method, however this is not the case. At the very least, it would be nice if we could actually carry on conversations without all the attack on character because people are opting not to be experimented on.

https://taplink.cc/insta_ashleyeverly


What the Christ are you on about, Dom?
Nearly everyone in intensive care in England, in the US, in Europe is not vaccinated, either there's a shadowy cabal roaming the night and injecting those illuminated to the evil of vaccinations with poison, or maybe, just maybe, it gives you a 90%+ chance of dodging a very serious illness.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli
Posts : 8818
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:31 pm

@The Franchise wrote:
@MindYourThinking wrote:Spoke with some friends last week that have opted not to get the shot/jab and it seems their friends will not hang with them. One feels so much pressure that they are considering to lie about it because of the ridicule and harassment being received.

I'm not here to debate opinions or anything like that. This is all about bully tactics and intimidation. I was never one for the club scene, eating out, sports events, et cetera. That being said, there is no evidence or longterm studies on the effectiveness of these shots, so I find it irresponsible (if we're going by the narrative this virus is so deadly) to pack stadiums, clubs which has been happening here for quite sometime now.

It's become obvious the new agenda is to blame the unvaccinated which is a complete joke. Honestly, if you can't see it then it's clear to me you lack the ability to think critically and discern truth from falsehood.



That sucks. Luckily, for whatever reason, I have not experienced that here.

I think within my circle, the divide is different. Either you are not getting the jab for whatever reason or they have already got it and arent talking about it openly.

My sense is that the guys in my group who have got it, have done so not for health reasons, but because they think they should so they can go on holiday or not be excluded from society in the way people like me probably will be.


America is just extra when it comes to things like that. I don't think UK has the 'shunning' culture if you get vaccinated or not. Probably helps we are more of a 'prude' nation so there isn't any need for talking about it.

I said it before, the only reason i got vaccinated is due to travel. I wouldn't have taken it otherwise (purely because of what i said a while ago). But it doesn't look like travel is going to get back to normal until 2022. So it sucks either way
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 88977
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 42 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 38 ... 42  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum