RealGunner
rincon
Warrior
The Demon of Carthage
Nishankly
39 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Unique Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:47 pm

futbol_bill wrote: The mortality rate from the flu is 0.1% while Coronavirus is working out to be around 1 to 2%. That’s 10 to 20 times more deadly the the flu, plus Coronavirus is far more contagious and dangerous than the flu.
no body can know the mortality rate of Corona virus until they know exactly how many people are infected and they don't know that yet so any one that says it's this many or that many are just making wild guesses.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Nishankly Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:47 pm

Unique wrote:
Nishankly wrote:There is no debate, all Unique is doing is quoting an yearly number in comparison to a monthly number (Being horribly ignorant with mortality as well here) and if he had even half the will to rundown the flu numbers to a month including the other absolutely bloody basic proven parameters about spread and the hospitalization rate, he'd get his answers and we wouldn't be having this.
I looked up the flu season in America it said the flu season year after year lasts around 4 months and 45 million people get the flu and 60,000 die from it. Then I looked at the death and infection rate from the last 4 months from Corona virus in America and it said 143,000 infected and 2500 deaths. They are just facts I checked. The answers I got were from assumptions by people. So they were looking at my question that was based on facts and giving me answers when they have no idea of what they are talking about. The only good point I've seen was from jay who said one problem is that we still have flu  so putting Corona virus on top of that is a killer that's a good point. But most of the shit people reply with is nothing more than a guess. People are trying to give me statistics that the scientist and governments don't have ffs. But it's all cool bro we will see at the end of it all what the stats say and I won't ask anymore questions.

Every line I have mentioned here can be sourced back to website which is official (national, international or CDC) if you took a couple of seconds to google it, but if you did that you wouldn't be here saying all of this.

Anyways, cool.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:50 pm

M99 wrote:You don't see scenes like this because of the flu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJCPG253MtI

You don't have to be a doctor or scientist to recognize that this disease for which there are no vaccines and which killed 1000 people in just one day in a country is far more serious than the flu.

I don't know why you are so hung up on downplaying this. Actually maybe I do. Your heroes Boris and Trump have gone on record not taking this seriously and you just have to parrot them is that it?

Don't waste your time here then. No one else here is idiotic enough to be skeptical about this.
I think you know by now exactly what I think of you and your opinions.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:52 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Unique wrote:
Nishankly wrote:There is no debate, all Unique is doing is quoting an yearly number in comparison to a monthly number (Being horribly ignorant with mortality as well here) and if he had even half the will to rundown the flu numbers to a month including the other absolutely bloody basic proven parameters about spread and the hospitalization rate, he'd get his answers and we wouldn't be having this.
I looked up the flu season in America it said the flu season year after year lasts around 4 months and 45 million people get the flu and 60,000 die from it. Then I looked at the death and infection rate from the last 4 months from Corona virus in America and it said 143,000 infected and 2500 deaths. They are just facts I checked. The answers I got were from assumptions by people. So they were looking at my question that was based on facts and giving me answers when they have no idea of what they are talking about. The only good point I've seen was from jay who said one problem is that we still have flu  so putting Corona virus on top of that is a killer that's a good point. But most of the shit people reply with is nothing more than a guess. People are trying to give me statistics that the scientist and governments don't have ffs. But it's all cool bro we will see at the end of it all what the stats say and I won't ask anymore questions.

Every line I have mentioned here can be sourced back to website which is official (national, international or CDC) if you took a couple of seconds to google it, but if you did that you wouldn't be here saying all of this.

Anyways, cool.
how can it be sourced back to anywhere when the stats don't exist. It's impossible to know the rate of death to infection if you don't know how many people are infected and nobody knows how many are infected so it's useless information
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:54 pm

I tell you what people let's make a bet here I'm gonna bet that when this thing is over the infection rate and death rate does not come close to the flu season any takers.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:55 pm

Unique wrote:
futbol_bill wrote: The mortality rate from the flu is 0.1% while Coronavirus is working out to be around 1 to 2%. That’s 10 to 20 times more deadly the the flu, plus Coronavirus is far more contagious and dangerous than the flu.
no body can know the mortality rate of Corona virus until they know exactly how many people are infected and they don't know that yet so any one that says it's this many or that many are just making wild guesses.

And that is the answer to the whole thing, I guess.
It's the fact that noone knows shit for sure.

With the flu, we're dealing with a known entity.
We know roughly how many people get it and how many die, it's a shitload of people but it will stay withing a certain range.
There is a vaccine, so there's a certain degree of immunity.

Covid-19, it's new and noone knows how bad it could be.
We know it is very contagious for a SARS virus, and we know that for a contagious virus the fact that it can lead to SARS symptoms is bad.

So that's why societies are reacting to Covid-19 with all those measures when they're not reacting to the flu with these measure, even though the flu kills shitloads of people.

It is because there's to be expected to a reasonable degree that it could lead to casualties and situations much worse than the flu as noone is immune and intensive care places might run out quickly, as they've done in some areas already.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:05 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Unique wrote:

And that is the answer to the whole thing, I guess.
It's the fact that noone knows shit for sure.

With the flu, we're dealing with a known entity.
We know roughly how many people get it and how many die, it's a shitload of people but it will stay withing a certain range.
There is a vaccine, so there's a certain degree of immunity.

Covid-19, it's new and noone knows how bad it could be.
We know it is very contagious for a SARS virus, and we know that for a contagious virus the fact that it can lead to SARS symptoms is bad.

So that's why societies are reacting to Covid-19 with all those measures when they're not reacting to the flu with these measure, even though the flu kills shitloads of people.

It is because there's to be expected to a reasonable degree that it could lead to casualties and situations much worse than the flu as noone is immune and intensive care places might run out quickly, as they've done in some areas already.
finally someone with a respectful answer. Thank you Hans. Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:12 pm

Remove math and it becomes respectful lmao
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:14 pm

Nishankly wrote:Remove math and it becomes respectful lmao

I'm a very good pedagogue
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:17 pm

and not only sexually, I'm also good at teaching
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:30 pm

Unique wrote:https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/03/german-state-minister-kills-coronavirus-hits-economy-200329165242615.html

As if this guy killed himself because he was worried about the economy lmao
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:53 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Unique wrote:https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/03/german-state-minister-kills-coronavirus-hits-economy-200329165242615.html

who was he and why do you think he did it.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:55 pm

Nishankly wrote:Remove math and it becomes respectful lmao
to answer a math question you must first have the equation.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:04 pm

Queued outside to get into Tesco for 35 mins earlier ffs. I was one of maybe 5 ppl wearing a face mask. No stock issues at least. People staying pretty far away from each other. Guess we're finally taking this seriously.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:05 pm

Unique you have to understand that the China virus is a completely unknown entity and it causes deaths in a far shorter time and larger sample size, then the common flu does.

I too was rather skeptical of it in the beginning and while I find it silly people are panicking and putting their lives at a halt due to it, or an excuse to become fat or as a vacation; it is now at the point where one would be foolish to deny its consequences.

Distancing makes sense because one carrier can affect others so whilst it would be nice to ignore the common procedures to be safe, it is not just you (or me) who can be affected by ignorance or negligence of those. But others.

So a cohesive effort to ensure safety just is an expectation by now, whether it conflicts with our general political opinion or not.

China is to blame of course but that is out of our control and I acknowledge that it is insensible to direct any hate towards them, as well.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:55 pm

The Chinese factory's are back up and running making masks and ventilators in massive numbers to sell to the rest of the world to fight the virus and has closed its border's to foreign people incase they bring the virus into china. Lol they have no shame.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:49 pm

...would you rather they make no masks?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:05 pm

Unique wrote:The Chinese factory's are back up and running making masks and ventilators in massive numbers to sell to the rest of the world to fight the virus and has closed its border's to foreign people incase they bring the virus into china. Lol they have no shame.

As you lot say in the UK:

"Mind the gap"

and the gap is social distance Smile

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:15 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:...would you rather they make no masks?
I think they should provide them for free don't you. I mean they are the reason we are here now.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:37 pm

Unique wrote:
I think they should provide them for free don't you. I mean they are the reason we are here now.
Why? We're the reason that Iraq is a mess.... Syria is a mess... Libya is a mess... etc. Are we doing anything to help them that doesn't benefit us more?

And it's not like the people in Wuhan did this on purpose... while the above, we very much did with intent.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:41 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Unique wrote:

Why?
maybe because they infected the world then lied about it now people are dying and losing jobs and homes I think paying for some masks is the least they could do. China infecting the world and then lying about to then try to make money from it is a bit low don't you think.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:44 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Unique wrote:
Why? We're the reason that Iraq is a mess.... Syria is a mess... Libya is a mess... etc. Are we doing anything to help them that doesn't benefit us more?

And it's not like the people in Wuhan did this on purpose... while the above, we very much did with intent.
I'm not saying the people of Wuhan should pay for it I'm saying the Chinese government should pay for it. And religion is why Iraq Libya and Syria are fucked up.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:49 pm

The last time I checked the world is not at war with China and they made 2 big mistakes that is costing people and countries dearly. I think they could hold there hands up and say we are very sorry for making this mess but we can't take it back now but we will fund much needed supplies to people that desperately need them as a way of saying sorry.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:50 pm

Unique wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

minister for the economy in the state of Hessen, never heard of him before but apparently he in the running to become next prime minister of the state
Killed himself out of the blue, obviously he must have had some bad depression/mental illness which he tried to supress, noone kills themselves just because of bad political news
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:57 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Unique wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

minister for the economy in the state of Hessen, never heard of him before but apparently he in the running to become next prime minister of the state
Killed himself out of the blue, obviously he must have had some bad depression/mental illness which he tried to supress, noone kills themselves just because of bad political news

I think underlying depression + social distancing gave him the rest. A wealthy man should be worried the least about the upcoming economial crisis, so yeah, he must've had some issues.

I don't know whether the reports of deaths/tests are lagging or the number of new cases started to really decrease in Germany. The numbers are saying we have it under control as of now.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:07 pm

Babun wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
Unique wrote: who was he and why do you think he did it.

I think underlying depression + social distancing gave him the rest. A wealthy man should be worried the least about the upcoming economial crisis, so yeah, he must've had some issues.

I don't know whether the reports of deaths/tests are lagging or the number of new cases started to really decrease in Germany. The numbers are saying we have it under control as of now.
its rich people that worry most about money because it gets to a point where they no longer know how to live without lots of money. Poor people have never had it to miss a d they know how to survive without it.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next