RealGunner
rincon
Warrior
The Demon of Carthage
Nishankly
39 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 32 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Robespierre Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:07 pm

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 32 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Nishankly Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:28 pm

Robespierre wrote:

889 deaths were the total in nursing homes starting from the first day of the outbreak in Provences which were finally announced and calibrated. Actual day deaths were 466. France has said, they will continue to exclude the nursing home deaths and will calibrate at the end of the outbreak when all the post mortems confirm the virus as time passes.

Kinda shows how the numbers aren't being calibrated in most places and testing isn't happening properly.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:30 pm

Signapore are now closing schools and businesses.

This is interesting because up until now, Singapore had been keeping everything open because they had good control over the virus. Social distancing and testing was working.

But now they're getting a few imported cases, they're worried it'll kick off a lot of community spread so they're taking more drastic actions.

Meanwhile, South Korea continue to be doing okay, even with the imported cases.

I was watching Al-Jazeera in the morning and they said Wuhan is back under lockdown.

From what I read, they're not going back under lockdown; they've just warned the citizens to remain vigilant and stay indoors where possible. Travel restrictions and still due to be lifted soon.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/03/coronavirus-wuhan-residents-told-to-stay-inside-and-be-vigilant

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:06 pm

Never change france Proud Proud

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:18 pm

Jay29 wrote:Signapore are now closing schools and businesses.

This is interesting because up until now, Singapore had been keeping everything open because they had good control over the virus. Social distancing and testing was working.

But now they're getting a few imported cases, they're worried it'll kick off a lot of community spread so they're taking more drastic actions.

I was watching Al-Jazeera in the morning and they said Wuhan is back under lockdown.

From what I read, they're not going back under lockdown; they've just warned the citizens to remain vigilant and stay indoors where possible. Travel restrictions and still due to be lifted soon.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/03/coronavirus-wuhan-residents-told-to-stay-inside-and-be-vigilant

Ahhhh.... , that had not escaped me.

I had reported efficiency of the Singapore containment around 1 month ago , it depended on it (looking at the video)

The second wave is the most feared, Spanish flu 's second wave was worse than the first one , for example

Now... reading even Singapore is in troubles.. it worries me about how much it's difficult to fight against this virus
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:23 pm

Young Kaz wrote:

Never change france Proud Proud

Mans forgot there are no colonies anymore

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:24 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Unique wrote:

I think I have it now tbh. For 3 days my body feels like I have been beaten with a bat.

hmm

My grandmother is a hypochondriac as well. She’s «been dying» for about 15-20 years now, and she keeps complaining that I hardly ever visit her. The problem is, she’s gotten so senile at this point, that she complains more about me not visiting her, during periods where I visit her often. I visited her 4 times in a month, and at least two of those times she claimed that she hadn’t seen me in so long that she barely recognised me Rolling Eyes
losing your memory must be the worst thing that can happen to a person your whole life is made up of memories and with out them it's like you have never had a life. It's good that you visit her though mate. Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:32 pm

Robespierre wrote:
Jay29 wrote:Signapore are now closing schools and businesses.

Ahhhh.... , that had not escaped me.

I had reported efficiency of the Singapore containment around 1 month ago , it depended on it (looking at the video)

The second wave is the most feared, Spanish flu 's second wave was worse than the first one , for example

Now... reading even Singapore is in troubles.. it worries me about how much it's difficult to fight against this virus

At least with Spanish flu, that was made a lot worse by the movement of soldiers returning home after war. With this disease, we should have exit strategies with gradual lifting of restrictions to prevent any mass migration from happening.

Also, scientists reckon this virus is relatively stable and shouldn't change a great deal by the time the second wave comes about. So fingers crossed.

Singapore have seen a rise in community cases, hence they're taking more drastic measures now. Unfortunately, no matter how vigilant and efficient we are with testing and quarantining, cases will slip through the cracks.

Anyway, heard lockdown meausres in Italy might be extended to mid-May. Hope you're doing okay.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:01 pm

It's just a reminder that "lifting restrictions" and things going "back to normal" are not really going to be possible with a world as interconnected as ours. I don't mean to say that things are going to be this way for a long while, I just mean that "normal" won't mean normal. Individuals should stay vigilant and we should always be ready to revert course if we start to see flare ups.

Things aren't going to be the same for a while. HOWEVER, after this first wave I would imagine most countries should have the know how and the ability to keep things in control. Especially as we develop technological tools.

What do you guys think? Am I being too pessimistic? I think things aren't going to be "normal" again until we get a vaccine.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:19 pm

CBarca wrote:It's just a reminder that "lifting restrictions" and things going "back to normal" are not really going to be possible with a world as interconnected as ours. I don't mean to say that things are going to be this way for a long while, I just mean that "normal" won't mean normal. Individuals should stay vigilant and we should always be ready to revert course if we start to see flare ups.

Things aren't going to be the same for a while. HOWEVER, after this first wave I would imagine most countries should have the know how and the ability to keep things in control. Especially as we develop technological tools.

What do you guys think? Am I being too pessimistic? I think things aren't going to be "normal" again until we get a vaccine.

What's going to help is if we can massively increase testing in the coming months, both for who have currently got the virus and the antibody test to tell who have had it before. People who have had it can go back to normal - presuming it will be confirmed you cannot catch it a second time immediately - we just have to know en masse who have had it. Large scale testing would also help determine when social distancing measures can be eased and when tightened again. Getting fully back to normal probably won't happen before a vaccine, though.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:26 pm

1 year to 18 months before we have a vaccine sounds scary indeed. If we could quickly get a vaccine this pandemic would almost be a non issue.

And these are emergency time frames, normally this process can take several years.

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:20 pm

A vaccine will only help for the next SARS-corona virus.
It will come to late for this outbreak.
But once enough people will have had it, there can be something like herd immunity, can't there?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:36 pm

Set back on the antibody tests in the UK. Apparently they are not working.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11318254/matt-hancock-all-tests-failed-so-far/
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:53 pm

CBarca wrote:It's just a reminder that "lifting restrictions" and things going "back to normal" are not really going to be possible with a world as interconnected as ours. I don't mean to say that things are going to be this way for a long while, I just mean that "normal" won't mean normal. Individuals should stay vigilant and we should always be ready to revert course if we start to see flare ups.

bro you are you're usual Zelda self, ive read far worse opinions since this thing started Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:06 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:A vaccine will only help for the next SARS-corona virus.
It will come to late for this outbreak.
But once enough people will have had it, there can be something like herd immunity, can't there?

Herd immunity would require about 70% of the population to get infected. It's really difficult to know how many people have it due to asymptomatic cases and the lack of technology to get a widespread serological test out there (hopefully these are developed en masse in the coming months), but based on a best guess and the numbers that we have...for most countries the number of people infected is probably less than 5%. I would guess it's at least less than 10%.

That means 60-65% of the population are yet to be infected and are susceptible. With how contagious the virus is, too, I can't imagine countries will find a way to allow individuals to get sick in a controlled way. Even if they did, would it be quick enough to beat out a vaccine?

What I mean to say is, to get herd immunity I think it would require multiple large waves and multiple shutdowns and many flare ups to get there. That path is a long and deadly one, even if countries did manage to keep those waves underneath the health care capacity (and I have faith, like I said, that governments will manage further potential outbreaks much better).

In any case, I disagree with you Hans that a vaccine is for the next SARS-Corona outbreak. It's for this one, and what I think governments are going to do is try their best to keep this thing under control, quench flare ups, and prevent full blown outbreaks until we can get our hands on a vaccine. IMO, this thing isn't over with until we have a vaccine.

Of course, all of this is assuming there isn't an absolutely MASSIVE population of asymptomatic and now immune individuals.

The other thing is, a vaccine for the next SARS-Corona outbreak doesn't really make sense...I would imagine that the next outbreak occurs due to another novel strain. It being novel is exactly why we would need to develop another vaccine, and then we're back at square one.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:58 pm

-Canada-
Total population is 37.5 millions

Cases
The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 32 Virus_10

Deaths
The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 32 Virus_11
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:06 pm

I don't believe in jinx, but ffs, 1 min ago they announce 25 new deaths in Quebec :facepalm: now 61

It's been 3 weeks since the lock down started i think we are approaching the (first ?) peak
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:13 pm

As Berlin's minister for the interior, Andreas Geisel, has confirmed, the US have 'confiscated' a shipment of 200.000 face masks that had been ordered by the Berlin police from a Chinese factory of the US company 3M.
Geisel said the intervention took place at the Bangkok airport, where the shipment was supposed to be reloaded onto a plane to Germany. Instead the freight was brought to the US.
Geisel calls it an act of "modern piracy", saying that even in times of global crisis there shouldn't be "wild west methods". He called on the German government to remind the US of abiding by international rules.

https://www.tagesspiegel.de/wissen/usa-fangen-200-000-schutzmasken-ab-berlins-innensenator-spricht-von-moderner-piraterie/25712976.html

I think it's safe to say that when this is over, America will have lost its position as the world's authority no.1.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:30 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:As Berlin's minister for the interior, Andreas Geisel, has confirmed, the US have 'confiscated' a shipment of 200.000 face masks that had been ordered by the Berlin police from a Chinese factory of the US company 3M.
Geisel said the intervention took place at the Bangkok airport, where the shipment was supposed to be reloaded onto a plane to Germany. Instead the freight was brought to the US.
Geisel calls it an act of "modern piracy", saying that even in times of global crisis there shouldn't be "wild west methods". He called on the German government to remind the US of abiding by international rules.

https://www.tagesspiegel.de/wissen/usa-fangen-200-000-schutzmasken-ab-berlins-innensenator-spricht-von-moderner-piraterie/25712976.html

I think it's safe to say that when this is over, America will have lost its position as the world's authority no.1.

Wow that's a scummy move
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:44 pm

Wow. Fuck the US. Unbelievable.

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:09 pm

France reports 5,233 new cases of coronavirus and 1,120 additional deaths, including 532 people who died in nursing homes and were previously not counted - 3rd April 2020
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:12 pm

3M broke the executive order by the US to American companies to fulfill US orders first and only sell to others if supply allows...  they tried to circumvent this order by using independent agents because they could get better prices from other countries.  As the person in charge of the state of Florida procurement told a news agency here:  "3M told me that they are getting cash orders".  The government here isn't set up where an official can pay in cash.  It's expedited now...  but it takes about 30 days to get paid.  Regardless, you don't break the law.

This is a "buyer beware" scenario.  You need to know that the goods you're buying are legal.  The US had every right to seize the cargo.  The Germans have every right to get a refund from 3M + damages for selling them goods illegally.

I'm sure the Germans knew the dire need for masks in the US, the order in place by the US government and 3M being an American company...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:22 pm

https://www.businessinsider.com/3m-ceo-responds-to-trump-twitter-attack-on-mask-company-2020-4

Actually, according to 3M CEO, the Chinese factory of 3M is doing unauthorized reselling... so this is on the Chinese being greedy mercenary fucks.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:29 pm

Right Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:38 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Right Laughing

Don't let the facts get in the way dude.  This has been a standing requirement for WEEKS.  Private companies have complied...  other than 3M apparently and now they're forced to comply under the Defense Production Act.

Only question is whether the Chinese manufacturer made the transaction or 3M.  Regardless, it was illegal.

Italy did it the right way by asking the US government and they received a cargo (to the dismay of US states I may add).
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:02 pm

The 'facts' being that somehow an executive order by the US president supersedes world trade between Germany and China?

GTFO of here man Laughing

The US are dumb fucks who are too late to deal with their shit and now act the bully and try to grab what they can

and that after they beat the rest of the world around the head constantly for 50 years with a coke bottle shaped club that reads "FREE TRADE"
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next