RealGunner
rincon
Warrior
The Demon of Carthage
Nishankly
39 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 25 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Unique Mon 30 Mar - 23:07:29

Babun wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
Unique wrote: who was he and why do you think he did it.

minister for the economy in the state of Hessen, never heard of him before but apparently he in the running to become next prime minister of the state
Killed himself out of the blue, obviously he must have had some bad depression/mental illness which he tried to supress, noone kills themselves just because of bad political news

I think underlying depression + social distancing gave him the rest. A wealthy man should be worried the least about the upcoming economial crisis, so yeah, he must've had some issues.

I don't know whether the reports of deaths/tests are lagging or the number of new cases started to really decrease in Germany. The numbers are saying we have it under control as of now.
its rich people that worry most about money because it gets to a point where they no longer know how to live without lots of money. Poor people have never had it to miss a d they know how to survive without it.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 25 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Unique Tue 31 Mar - 0:32:30

https://www.facebook.com/100008620808879/posts/2356627321301272/?sfnsn=scwspwa&extid=hXAp6pMfERywSOfn&d=w&vh=i
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue 31 Mar - 1:02:38

Unique wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Unique wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:...would you rather they make no masks?
I think they should provide them for free don't you. I mean they are the reason we are here now.
Why? We're the reason that Iraq is a mess.... Syria is a mess... Libya is a mess... etc. Are we doing anything to help them that doesn't benefit us more?

And it's not like the people in Wuhan did this on purpose... while the above, we very much did with intent.
I'm not saying the people of Wuhan should pay for it I'm saying the Chinese government should pay for it. And religion is why Iraq Libya and Syria are fucked up.

Nah man, they're mostly fucked up because of the UK and the US.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue 31 Mar - 1:21:43

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Unique wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Why? We're the reason that Iraq is a mess.... Syria is a mess... Libya is a mess... etc. Are we doing anything to help them that doesn't benefit us more?

And it's not like the people in Wuhan did this on purpose... while the above, we very much did with intent.
I'm not saying the people of Wuhan should pay for it I'm saying the Chinese government should pay for it. And religion is why Iraq Libya and Syria are fucked up.

Nah man, they're mostly fucked up because of the UK and the US.
that topic has been done to death and we all know how eachother feel about it so it's better if we just leave that and not ruin the thread. Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue 31 Mar - 1:39:18

Your complete disregard of facts is astounding... I understand your admiration for Trump now.

You can't disagree on facts dude.  It's not an opinion.  It's not subject to interpretation.  For example, the problems in Syria and Libya had NOTHING to do with religion. They were tribal issues going back centuries and you put them in a country made up by the west after WW2.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue 31 Mar - 11:18:45

I love the morals of the members here but in the real world the economical and military damage scale is the most important. While the mess in the South West Asia (commonly referred to as Middle East) and Arabian Peninsula is mostly local and doesn't cost much lives or billions of [currency of your choice] globally the Wuhan virus crisis costs billions, costs lives will kill and ruin people economically afterwards all around the world.
The precedence was set with Sars in 2002-2003, nothing was done in China to prevent an outbreak again (wet markets) despite the risk assessment. If the probability of a risk isn't zero, it will strike with certainity at 100%. The question is just when.
From that point of view, I blame every bit the Chinese gouvernment and the culture in China which results in pandemics.
I am not blaming any Chinese individual though.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue 31 Mar - 11:35:24

Babun wrote:I love the morals of the members here but in the real world the economical and military damage scale is the most important. While the mess in the South West Asia (commonly referred to as Middle East) and Arabian Peninsula is mostly local and doesn't cost much lives or billions of [currency of your choice] globally the Wuhan virus crisis costs billions, costs lives will kill and ruin people economically afterwards all around the world.

9/11 alone is enough to debunk your post. Ill thought out writing.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue 31 Mar - 11:46:57

Once you're admitted to the hospital with this virus, does anyone know how often you're tested to check whether you're positive or negative? I think it's 48 hours in India, seems way to soon to be using the test kits for an illness that lasts 2 weeks.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue 31 Mar - 11:48:30

Babun wrote:I love the morals of the members here but in the real world the economical and military damage scale is the most important. While the mess in the South West Asia (commonly referred to as Middle East) and Arabian Peninsula is mostly local and doesn't cost much lives or billions of [currency of your choice] globally the Wuhan virus crisis costs billions, costs lives will kill and ruin people economically afterwards all around the world.
The precedence was set with Sars in 2002-2003, nothing was done in China to prevent an outbreak again (wet markets) despite the risk assessment. If the probability of a risk isn't zero, it will strike with certainity at 100%. The question is just when.
From that point of view, I blame every bit the Chinese gouvernment and the culture in China which results in pandemics.

You know nothing of what China does to prevent outbreaks.

You think it would have took 18 years for this to show up since sars if the chinese government did nothing? With a population of 1.5 billion?

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue 31 Mar - 11:58:04

Going to guess you yet again are defending China unreasonably but yes let us just ignore all the things China did NOT do to prevent this along with the general ruthlessness of the CCP where they will lock in people in their homes but march the Uyghur slave labour into factories.

I am sure you too know of China's culture, history, mentality. CCP tricked the world including WHO.

By far the most Machiavellian geopolitical nation. Everything they do is designed to maximise their own strength and weaken others.

They like to fight the sleeping enemy.

From an objective perspective it is genius.

From a humanitarian perspective no county in the world is worse than their regime and government.

Sanctions should be made against them for the irresponsibility caused.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue 31 Mar - 12:44:51

Arquitecto wrote:Going to guess you yet again are defending China unreasonably but yes let us just ignore all the things China did NOT do to prevent this along with the general ruthlessness of the CCP where they will lock in people in their homes but march the Uyghur slave labour into factories.

I am sure you too know of China's culture, history, mentality. CCP tricked the world including WHO.

By far the most Machiavellian geopolitical nation. Everything they do is designed to maximise their own strength and weaken others.

From a humanitarian perspective no county in the world is worse than their regime and government.

Once again, the government did what it could to protect people including curtailing large parts of Lunar new years when this was fresh in the minds of people.

Also there is no proof wet markets caused this:
https://www.latimes.com/food/story/2020-03-11/coronavirus-china-wet-markets

And less not talk about being ruthless.

Italy government paid millions to a terrorist to keep people like the boatperson of carthage out. No government is without blood on their hand, but this idea that chinese culture is to blame for this does nothing but put asian people in the west(most of whom are not even chinese) at risk. Dont you know before all the schools closed down people even at my youngest sisters school were questioning her about China and the virus despite the fact that she comes from a family(and culture) who hates Chinese people about as much as Italians hate black people. Its silly, and parroting racist stereotypes of Chinese people cause this.

Nobody knows exactly what caused this virus. Blaming Chinese eating habits before we know this is simply racism at its core, and probably the reason why the CCP is so ruthless with their tactics. When the world is so against you then you either bulk up, or you die.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue 31 Mar - 13:06:39

"Blaming Chinese eating habits before we know this is simply racism at its core, and probably the reason why the CCP is so ruthless with their tactics"

GTFO

the reason that the CCP jails their own doctors and journalists that speak out against a virus in their own country is that people "blame chinese eating habits"?

How in the world are you defending the chinese government?

Incredible that an american-japanese becomes a chinese nationalist.

For someone that claims to be so knowledgeable about race related issues you sure don't miss a single opportunity to be racist in the forum.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue 31 Mar - 13:09:06

Young Kaz wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Going to guess you yet again are defending China unreasonably but yes let us just ignore all the things China did NOT do to prevent this along with the general ruthlessness of the CCP where they will lock in people in their homes but march the Uyghur slave labour into factories.

Once again, the government did what it could to protect people including curtailing large parts of Lunar new years when this was fresh in the minds of people.

Italy government paid millions to a terrorist to keep people like the boatperson of carthage out. No government is without blood on their hand, but this idea that chinese culture is to blame for this does nothing but put asian people in the west(most of whom are not even chinese) at risk. Dont you know before all the schools closed down people even at my youngest sisters school were questioning her about China and the virus despite the fact that she comes from a family(and culture) who hates Chinese people about as much as Italians hate black people. Its silly, and parroting racist stereotypes of Chinese people cause this.

Nobody knows exactly what caused this virus. Blaming Chinese eating habits before we know this is simply racism at its core, and probably the reason why the CCP is so ruthless with their tactics. When the world is so against you then you either bulk up, or you die.
how the fuck does blaming eating habits become racist. Eating the wild animals that were kept in very poor conditions in china is what started this virus that's not racist that's a fact. Poor hygiene and sanitation in the wet market's are what started the virus and lies from the Chinese government is what spread the virus. Even now have they come out and said we made mistakes but we are really sorry.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue 31 Mar - 13:11:45

We know that patient zero was most likely a shrimp vendor at Wuhan market and that it was loooong before China started reporting anything which, naturally, means that they could've acted sooner to prevent this.

1 billion peopel in the region is no excuse; exploitation of workers, not caring about sanitary measures and safety regulations are the main issues.

The grim truth can not be concealed.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue 31 Mar - 13:12:11

rincon wrote:"Blaming Chinese eating habits before we know this is simply racism at its core, and probably the reason why the CCP is so ruthless with their tactics"

GTFO

the reason that the CCP jails their own doctors and journalists that speak out against a virus in their own country is that people "blame chinese eating habits"?

For someone that claims to be so knowledgeable about race related issues you sure don't miss a single opportunity to be racist in the forum.
they know the virus started from eating poor sanitised meat from the wet market's mate. They know it started with a bat.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue 31 Mar - 13:43:11

A visual reconstruction of the transmission history of the virus, done on the basis of gene mutation analysis

Pathogens spread through rapid replication in one host followed by transmission to another host. An epidemic can only take off when one infection results in more than one subsequent infections.

As the pathogen replicates and spreads, its genome needs to be replicated many times and random mutations (copying mistakes) will accumulate in the genome. Such random mutations can help to track the spread of the pathogen and learn about its transmission routes and dynamics.

In the "Transmissions" world map, you can play the timeline and its reconstruction of how the epidemic spread

https://nextstrain.org/ncov

2 things of which to take note

- the virus did NOT primarily come to the US, and New York in particular, via Europe, but to Seattle from China and from there to the rest of US.

- the first place infected in Europe was likely the UK, not mainland EU
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue 31 Mar - 13:43:40

Myesyats wrote:
1 billion peopel in the region is no excuse; exploitation of workers, not caring about sanitary measures and safety regulations are the main issues.

The grim truth can not be concealed.

The west lives off of the misery of these people. You can blame yourself as much as you do the Chinese each time you buy ''cheapest" thing built there.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue 31 Mar - 13:49:19

Did I say I don't blame the west? We profit from that same cheap labor. But China (and others like Indonesia) welcomes that, and it shouldnt.

They shouldnt create that opportunity in the first place.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue 31 Mar - 13:51:45

Young Kaz wrote:

You think it would have took 18 years for this to show up since sars if the chinese government did nothing? With a population of 1.5 billion?

Spare me the leftist and right bullshit, I'm no racist for sure and I don't blame any Chinese individual. Proof that not enough was done despite the warning:
And they warn that a deadly outbreak could emerge again: the cave where the elements of SARS were found is just 1 kilometre from the nearest village, and genetic mixing among the viral strains is fast. “The risk of spillover into people and emergence of a disease similar to SARS is possible,” the authors write in their paper.

Although many markets selling animals in China have already been closed or restricted following outbreaks of SARS and other infectious diseases, Yuen agrees that the latest results suggest the risk is still present. “It reinforces the notion that we should not disturb wildlife habitats and never put wild animals into markets,” says Yuen. Respecting nature, he argues, “is the way to stay away from the harm of emerging infections”.
Source: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-017-07766-9

The report was done some years after the SARS outbreak. The wet markets prospered even more afterwards.
Young Kaz wrote:
Spoiler:
Dont you know before all the schools closed down people even at my youngest sisters school were questioning her about China and the virus despite the fact that she comes from a family(and culture) who hates Chinese people about as much as Italians hate black people. Its silly, and parroting racist stereotypes of Chinese people cause this.

Now, I see where you come from. There's nothing racist there. More like racist people using the opporunity to be a fu**** racist. No one in their right mind would blame people of Korean, Japanese or other non Chinese origin of anything what has to do with Wuhan in Germany. The racists here may blame the Chinese specifically after knowing they're Chinese so no the criticism isn't the problem, the society where you live in has got deep issues.
I'm not going to put a problem out of discussion under the carpet just because your society isn't able to have a proper conversation with pros/cons about an important issue without indulging themselves into racism claims.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue 31 Mar - 14:25:57

rincon wrote:"Blaming Chinese eating habits before we know this is simply racism at its core, and probably the reason why the CCP is so ruthless with their tactics"

GTFO

Im no fan of the CCP, and I am no chinese nationalist. in fact I am the most pro american on here by far. The fact remains that attacks on the CCP have been the guise sinophobes have used to attack Chinese culture and people.

To pretend otherwise is to simply be disingenuous.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue 31 Mar - 14:28:44

Unique wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

how the fuck does blaming eating habits become racist. Eating the wild animals that were kept in very poor conditions in china is what started this virus that's not racist that's a fact. Poor hygiene and sanitation in the wet market's are what started the virus and lies from the Chinese government is what spread the virus. Even now have they come out and said we made mistakes but we are really sorry.

How do you know what started this virus?

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue 31 Mar - 14:33:47

Babun wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

Spare me the leftist and right bullshit, I'm no racist for sure and I don't blame any Chinese individual. Proof that not enough was done despite the warning:
And they warn that a deadly outbreak could emerge again: the cave where the elements of SARS were found is just 1 kilometre from the nearest village, and genetic mixing among the viral strains is fast. “The risk of spillover into people and emergence of a disease similar to SARS is possible,” the authors write in their paper.

Although many markets selling animals in China have already been closed or restricted following outbreaks of SARS and other infectious diseases, Yuen agrees that the latest results suggest the risk is still present. “It reinforces the notion that we should not disturb wildlife habitats and never put wild animals into markets,” says Yuen. Respecting nature, he argues, “is the way to stay away from the harm of emerging infections”.
Source: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-017-07766-9

The report was done some years after the SARS outbreak. The wet markets prospered even more afterwards.
Young Kaz wrote:
Spoiler:
Dont you know before all the schools closed down people even at my youngest sisters school were questioning her about China and the virus despite the fact that she comes from a family(and culture) who hates Chinese people about as much as Italians hate black people. Its silly, and parroting racist stereotypes of Chinese people cause this.

Now, I see where you come from. There's nothing racist there. More like racist people using the opporunity to be a fu**** racist. No one in their right mind would blame people of Korean, Japanese or other non Chinese origin of anything what has to do with Wuhan in Germany. The racists here may blame the Chinese specifically after knowing they're Chinese so no the criticism isn't the problem, the society where you live in has got deep issues.
I'm not going to put a problem out of discussion under the carpet just because your society isn't able to have a proper conversation with pros/cons about an important issue without indulging themselves into racism claims.

Nobody in germany can tell the difference between A chinese and a Korea or Japanese the same way nobody in the US can tell.

A person who is mad at the CCP and China for this sees my japanese ass walking down the street and every ill feeling they have to China is automatically directed towards me, and vice versa.  

DIFFERENCES BETWEEN US DO NOT EXIST OUTSIDE OF ASIA

Also germany has their own section in the racism caused by COVID19
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_incidents_of_xenophobia_and_racism_related_to_the_2019%E2%80%9320_coronavirus_pandemic#Germany

In Nuremberg, locals threw raw eggs at homes owned by Japanese residents.

Nice....

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue 31 Mar - 14:41:06

Japanase are more racist towards Chinese than anyone else. That goes for most asian nations, japanese vs vietnamese vs chinese vs koreans vs filipino.

Last edited by Myesyats on Tue 31 Mar - 14:42:57; edited 2 times in total
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue 31 Mar - 14:41:39

German football club RB Leipzig denied entry to a group of 20 Japanese fans over coronavirus fears.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Fuck outta here Germany. Joke country.

This is the
A
B
C

of it

Hatred of Chinese in the west==Hatred of every other south east Asian. There is no differentiation.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue 31 Mar - 14:52:06

Young Kaz wrote:
Unique wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

How do you know what started this virus?
because its been proven that it jumped from animal to human.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue 31 Mar - 15:00:29

Young Kaz wrote:

GTFO

Im no fan of the CCP, and I am no chinese nationalist. in fact I am the most pro american on here by far. The fact remains that attacks on the CCP have been the guise sinophobes have used to attack Chinese culture and people.

To pretend otherwise is to simply be disingenuous.

Or, you know, don't associate your identity with the CCP? probably the best thing is to not tie attacks on a horrible dictatorship to your persona.

The only disingenuous person here is you. None of Baun, Arq, me, etc. have shown any sinophobia. Disliking the CCP should be something that shouldn't even need to be explained. Stop trying to make everything about racism, it just shows you can have no thoughts independent of the same tired issue.

If you feel like your identity is tied to the CCP, that's your thing. Don't put that on us.

I know you are giving it your best to make it so, but as hard as you try, you won't make us hate asian people Laughing
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next