RealGunner
rincon
Warrior
The Demon of Carthage
Nishankly
39 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Unique Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:28 am

Nishankly wrote:
Unique wrote:i still dont understand how this virus is doing more damage than the flu. in the 4 months it has been in america they have 140,000 cases and 2500 deaths and the country is on lock down and the health care is on its knees. yet in the 4 month flu season of 2017/2018 they had 45,000,000 infected and 61,000 deaths. so how did they cope with that. people will say we had things in place to fight the flu yet they still had 45,000,000 infected and 61,000 deaths. how did they cope with that. it dont make any sense.

I don't know where you get your sources but a quick google would tell you the 45 million is the total number from the year 2017-2018 and not the 4 months you quote. So I will continue to explain with the year as a base, you can run all the numbers down for 4 months by dividing it by 3.

1) 45,000,000 people with flu do not require hospital attention and the percentage of these who require hospitalization, ventilators and ICU beds is peanuts compared to Corona.

Hospitalization rate for the flu is 2% whereas for the Corona its 25%. Do the math.

2) 45,000,000 people, hospitalization are spread across a duration, they do not affect the normal working of hospitals and hospitals can easily cope with it and be able to treat other patients and not be overrun within a month. The virus is not the only disease out there.

3) The virus is new and could mutate and new mutated strain of the virus could start spreading and kill more people.

The flu you quote is the H3N2 strain, which a mutated form of the regular Influenza virus which led to higher deaths and hospitalizations. Imagine if corona mutated?

4) You can recover from the flu within 3 days, Corona puts you at home assuming you don't need hospitalization for nearly 2 weeks. Our bodies don't know how to deal with this new virus, whereas you can get the flu twice in month and still go to work.

5) The flu you quote requires 45 million people to reach a number of 61,000. Corona requires not more than 1 million people.

6) With Flu, you can expect to infect 1.4 times the people with Corona you can infect atleast 3.5 times other people. So using basic math, 10 levels down you are responsible for infecting 26 people with the flu where as if you had the corona virus, you would have infected 59,300.

7) Case fatality of the virus is already at 15 times normal flu and is expected to remain between 12-24 times in the US

8.) Influenza has an easily available testing kit and has a yearly vaccine shot. Corona has neither.

9) Incubation takes about 10 days where you can still pass it around without symptoms, Common flu takes about 2 days

10) Higher mortality rate.

If the entire world would get the flu today, 1 month later 4 million people would die. If the entire world got the coronavirus today, 1 month later at least 180 million will die.

11) The virus can survive upto 8 days on surfaces, flu last upto 48 hours tops.

I could go on, no one is downplaying the flu and I am not saying we need to panic like its the end of the world but people need to understand what it is at hand.
the flu season lasts about 4 months you can look that up and find out like i did so the bottom line is 45million people in the us alone got the flu. 61k people died from it. thats a massive increase in numbers from the numbers that they are getting from corona virus. the numbers are not even in the same ball park. you are telling me how the flu is much easier to cope with yet the number of deaths and infected by flu is miles higher. you can recover from flu in 3 days. corona infects miles more people. corona kills 15 times more people than flu. flu has a easy to get testing kit. so why are the stats on flu 100 times worst than a virus we know nothing about and we have no treatment for. 1 of 2 things are going on here the first is this virus is not that bad and the world is in panic or 2. this virus is far far worst than we are being told. i thinks its 2 tbh. or maybe we have a 3rd and that is flu has been around for so long people just dont care how many get infected and how many die from it.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by CBarca Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:59 am

You just ask the same questions over and over again...every single day.

Anyway. Btw Nish, there is good news on the mutation front, which is that experts generally do not believe the Coronavirus is at a high risk to mutate, or at the very least mutation would require several years to become divergent enough to become "new" to our body again.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:10 am

I think Unique will continue to ask that question until he gets the answer he wants.

If its not that bad, a sense of normalcy can return. Normalcy==power. Nobody likes feeling powerless.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:52 am

Unique wrote:
Nishankly wrote:
Unique wrote:i still dont understand how this virus is doing more damage than the flu. in the 4 months it has been in america they have 140,000 cases and 2500 deaths and the country is on lock down and the health care is on its knees. yet in the 4 month flu season of 2017/2018 they had 45,000,000 infected and 61,000 deaths. so how did they cope with that. people will say we had things in place to fight the flu yet they still had 45,000,000 infected and 61,000 deaths. how did they cope with that. it dont make any sense.

I don't know where you get your sources but a quick google would tell you the 45 million is the total number from the year 2017-2018 and not the 4 months you quote. So I will continue to explain with the year as a base, you can run all the numbers down for 4 months by dividing it by 3.

1) 45,000,000 people with flu do not require hospital attention and the percentage of these who require hospitalization, ventilators and ICU beds is peanuts compared to Corona.

Hospitalization rate for the flu is 2% whereas for the Corona its 25%. Do the math.

2) 45,000,000 people, hospitalization are spread across a duration, they do not affect the normal working of hospitals and hospitals can easily cope with it and be able to treat other patients and not be overrun within a month. The virus is not the only disease out there.

3) The virus is new and could mutate and new mutated strain of the virus could start spreading and kill more people.

The flu you quote is the H3N2 strain, which a mutated form of the regular Influenza virus which led to higher deaths and hospitalizations. Imagine if corona mutated?

4) You can recover from the flu within 3 days, Corona puts you at home assuming you don't need hospitalization for nearly 2 weeks. Our bodies don't know how to deal with this new virus, whereas you can get the flu twice in month and still go to work.

5) The flu you quote requires 45 million people to reach a number of 61,000. Corona requires not more than 1 million people.

6) With Flu, you can expect to infect 1.4 times the people with Corona you can infect atleast 3.5 times other people. So using basic math, 10 levels down you are responsible for infecting 26 people with the flu where as if you had the corona virus, you would have infected 59,300.

7) Case fatality of the virus is already at 15 times normal flu and is expected to remain between 12-24 times in the US

8.) Influenza has an easily available testing kit and has a yearly vaccine shot. Corona has neither.

9) Incubation takes about 10 days where you can still pass it around without symptoms, Common flu takes about 2 days

10) Higher mortality rate.

If the entire world would get the flu today, 1 month later 4 million people would die. If the entire world got the coronavirus today, 1 month later at least 180 million will die.

11) The virus can survive upto 8 days on surfaces, flu last upto 48 hours tops.

I could go on, no one is downplaying the flu and I am not saying we need to panic like its the end of the world but people need to understand what it is at hand.
the flu season lasts about 4 months you can look that up and find out like i did so the bottom line is 45million people in the us alone got the flu. 61k people died from it. thats a massive increase in numbers from the numbers that they are getting from corona virus. the numbers are not even in the same ball park. you are telling me how the flu is much easier to cope with yet the number of deaths and infected by flu is miles higher. you can recover from flu in 3 days. corona infects miles more people. corona kills 15 times more people than flu. flu has a easy to get testing kit. so why are the stats on flu 100 times worst than a virus we know nothing about and we have no treatment for. 1 of 2 things are going on here the first is this virus is not that bad and the world is in panic or 2. this virus is far far worst than we are being told. i thinks its 2 tbh. or maybe we have a 3rd and that is flu has been around for so long people just dont care how many get infected and how many die from it.

It's like talking to a brick wall.

Well okay Unique let's allow this virus to last a complete year and not panic while calling it regular flu and we'll again have this conversation in March 2021 with the numbers.

Also flu season lasts 4 months (It's actually 8 months with the peak being in those 4) but you're talking about influenza that lasts throughout the year through circulation. Please stop cherry picking your information and then misleading people.

Also start making statements rather than asking questions if you have already decided the answer so that you don't waste people's time ffs
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:04 am

Also it's a virus! You can't cure viruses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Testing and vaccines is to prepare your body to fight it better, you can't stop the infection!

So whether it's Corona or influenza, there is no cure!!!!!!!! The flu is also a virus!
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:36 am

I started making a longer reply to unique once and then decided it wasn't worth it. I feel bad for those who have tried to make longer replies.

There's nothing wrong with asking questions or general confusion, but when people give thorough and informative responses and then the next day Unique is back here asking the same exact questions once again, it's clear that there is no real appreciation for the responses or any clear reflection on his thinking.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:54 am

The flu kills some hundreds of thousands of people globally per year, without special measures being taken.

If no special measures were taken against Covid-19, the death toll would likely be tens of millions.

Anyone who's still making the argument that Covid19 = the flu is either trolling or a fucking idiot.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:18 am

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mercedes-breathing-aid-nhs-uk/4774791/#gal-4774791-m0-ucl-uclh-and-formula-one-develop-life-saving-breathing-aids-for-the-nhs

very nice that F1 teams are collaborating to work on this project.
kinda make sense when F1 teams are very creative in working on tight rules to create fastest possible car

and now they have been asked to create breathing equipment to help people, and they have done it in very short time. :bow:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:35 am

Times like these make me realise my employer are kinda of a massive institution. Laughing Now if only they could spare some of their expertise for improving our warehouse equipment...

New equipment is fantastic, but my big hope right now is more testing. Once widespread testing gets going they can be more surgical with their lockdowns and life can gradually return to normal for some of us.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:41 am

Nobody gets what I'm asking. The fist thing is I think this thing could be worst than we are being told. And the 2nd thing is how did the health care around the world deal with that many flu victims when they can't cope with corona that so far only has about 10% of the victims. But don't worry about any Answers because you lot just like everyone know fuck all about. I was just joining in with the shit talking because I was bored.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:42 am

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/03/german-state-minister-kills-coronavirus-hits-economy-200329165242615.html
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:59 am

I bet them crazy ass doomsday preppers are feeling smug now. Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:16 pm

Everybody gets what you are are asking, you are the one who doesnt get the answer.

If we dont do anything against covid the deaths will be in the millions. It is at least 10 times more deadly, and many times more infectious than the flu, and that's with measures being taken.

So stop trying to deny the obvious that many have explained in detail. "You lot dont know fuck all" is just you projecting your ignorance.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:52 pm

rincon wrote:Everybody gets what you are are asking, you are the one who doesnt get the answer.

If we dont do anything against covid the deaths will be in the millions. It is at least 10 times more deadly, and many times more infectious than the flu, and that's with measures being taken.

So stop trying to deny the obvious that many have explained in detail. "You lot dont know fuck all" is just you projecting your ignorance.
but that's the point when I say you know fuck all because until we know exactly how many people have it we can't possibly know how deadly it is or how many times more deadlier it is than flu so yes mate you are talking bollox. But what I was saying are facts. And the facts are that at the rate of deaths we see right now it don't come close to the flu. And who the fuck said anything about doing nothing.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:56 pm

Htg there's me thinking I'm sharing a forum with a bunch of twats and it turns out you are all a bunch or doctors scientists and politicians.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:04 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-early-signs-outbreak-slowing-in-uk-says-imperial-college-professor-11965624

Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:27 pm

You don't see scenes like this because of the flu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJCPG253MtI

You don't have to be a doctor or scientist to recognize that this disease for which there are no vaccines and which killed 1000 people in just one day in a country is far more serious than the flu.

I don't know why you are so hung up on downplaying this. Actually maybe I do. Your heroes Boris and Trump have gone on record not taking this seriously and you just have to parrot them is that it?

Don't waste your time here then. No one else here is idiotic enough to be skeptical about this.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:32 pm

Unique wrote:Few measures have been enforced to curb coronavirus in Belarus - instead, people are being urged to drink vodka and go to saunas.

The country - specifically its president - has shrugged off concerns about the COVID-19 outbreak, starkly illustrated on Sunday with the nation's football matches continuing as normal.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-belarus-president-refuses-to-cancel-anything-and-says-vodka-and-saunas-will-ward-off-coronavirus-11965396

well then that's great news eco smile (: i bought me a bottle of vodka last week Monday, it's fucking up my sinuses though when the cleanse happens after drinking because allergy season :facepalm:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:57 pm

I did not follow the debates

It's kinda logic if  the death rate is less in reality than in the stats. Because some people have it currently but they stay home and don't get tested.

That being said what happens in Italy is the proof we must act, even with incomplete stats.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:01 pm

There is no debate, all Unique is doing is quoting an yearly number in comparison to a monthly number (Being horribly ignorant with mortality as well here) and if he had even half the will to rundown the flu numbers to a month including the other absolutely bloody basic proven parameters about spread and the hospitalization rate, he'd get his answers and we wouldn't be having this.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:23 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Unique wrote:Few measures have been enforced to curb coronavirus in Belarus - instead, people are being urged to drink vodka and go to saunas.

The country - specifically its president - has shrugged off concerns about the COVID-19 outbreak, starkly illustrated on Sunday with the nation's football matches continuing as normal.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-belarus-president-refuses-to-cancel-anything-and-says-vodka-and-saunas-will-ward-off-coronavirus-11965396

well then that's great news eco smile (: i bought me a bottle of vodka last week Monday, it's fucking up my sinuses though when the cleanse happens after drinking because allergy season :facepalm:

I buy Jack Daniels because i've perfected saying that in a French accent :coffee:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:37 pm

Nishankly wrote:There is no debate, all Unique is doing is quoting an yearly number in comparison to a monthly number (Being horribly ignorant with mortality as well here) and if he had even half the will to rundown the flu numbers to a month including the other absolutely bloody basic proven parameters about spread and the hospitalization rate, he'd get his answers and we wouldn't be having this.
I looked up the flu season in America it said the flu season year after year lasts around 4 months and 45 million people get the flu and 60,000 die from it. Then I looked at the death and infection rate from the last 4 months from Corona virus in America and it said 143,000 infected and 2500 deaths. They are just facts I checked. The answers I got were from assumptions by people. So they were looking at my question that was based on facts and giving me answers when they have no idea of what they are talking about. The only good point I've seen was from jay who said one problem is that we still have flu  so putting Corona virus on top of that is a killer that's a good point. But most of the shit people reply with is nothing more than a guess. People are trying to give me statistics that the scientist and governments don't have ffs. But it's all cool bro we will see at the end of it all what the stats say and I won't ask anymore questions.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:40 pm

The mortality rate from the flu is 0.1% while Coronavirus is working out to be around 1 to 2%. That’s 10 to 20 times more deadly the the flu, plus Coronavirus is far more contagious and dangerous than the flu.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:44 pm

futbol_bill wrote: The mortality rate from the flu is 0.1% while Coronavirus is working out to be around 1 to 2%. That’s 10 to 20 times more deadly the the flu, plus Coronavirus is far more contagious and dangerous than the flu.

2% estimated with extrapolation under the assumption of equal spread between all age brackets.

The current live rate is about 5%.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:45 pm

small sample size but theres hope
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:47 pm

futbol_bill wrote: The mortality rate from the flu is 0.1% while Coronavirus is working out to be around 1 to 2%. That’s 10 to 20 times more deadly the the flu, plus Coronavirus is far more contagious and dangerous than the flu.
no body can know the mortality rate of Corona virus until they know exactly how many people are infected and they don't know that yet so any one that says it's this many or that many are just making wild guesses.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next