The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

+35
Glory
Freeza
M99
Vibe
Lucifer
futbol_bill
S
Adit
iftikhar
Sri
Firenze
VivaStPauli
Thimmy
Pedram
Jay29
Zagadka
El Gunner
Robespierre
Hapless_Hans
Myesyats
zigra
Arquitecto
Blue
sportsczy
BarrileteCosmico
Young Kaz
Unique
CBarca
Art Morte
Babun
RealGunner
rincon
Warrior
The Demon of Carthage
Nishankly
39 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by S Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:06 pm

https://m.economictimes.com/news/international/world-news/wuhan-shrimp-seller-identified-as-coronavirus-patient-zero/articleshow/74870327.cms

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Posts : 28517
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:56 pm

RealGunner wrote:Another 838 people died in Spain in the past 24 hours, the health ministry has announced - the highest daily rise in fatalities so far.

It brings the number of deaths from the virus to 6,528.

The total number of those infected rose to 78,797 from 72,248.
my sister was supposed to move to spain this april, I spoke with her yesterday and she was like "you know what, Argentina is looking pretty good right now"
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 28305
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:59 pm

Boris: We did not join EU ventilator program because we were not invited

EU: Sorry you didn't read your email, but you can join now if you like

Boris: You know what, I don't want it

Meanwhile the UK has a 20k ventilator deficit and has hired his buddy Dyson, which has never made one, to do it while lives are on the line...

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 28305
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Unique Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:16 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Boris: We did not join EU ventilator program because we were not invited

EU: Sorry you didn't read your email, but you can join now if you like

Boris: You know what, I don't want it

Meanwhile the UK has a 20k ventilator deficit and has hired his buddy Dyson, which has never made one, to do it while lives are on the line...

dyson is one of many that are making ventilators for the uk im not sure if you know that or not.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Unique Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:17 pm

Few measures have been enforced to curb coronavirus in Belarus - instead, people are being urged to drink vodka and go to saunas.

The country - specifically its president - has shrugged off concerns about the COVID-19 outbreak, starkly illustrated on Sunday with the nation's football matches continuing as normal.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-belarus-president-refuses-to-cancel-anything-and-says-vodka-and-saunas-will-ward-off-coronavirus-11965396
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Unique Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:23 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Boris: We did not join EU ventilator program because we were not invited

EU: Sorry you didn't read your email, but you can join now if you like

Boris: You know what, I don't want it

Meanwhile the UK has a 20k ventilator deficit and has hired his buddy Dyson, which has never made one, to do it while lives are on the line...

where did you read that because i cant find it on sky news and they get most stories about corona in britain.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Unique Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:26 pm

talking about ventilators someone told me that the US government are being charged double the normal price for them now. also you have to ask how on earth a ventilator should cost $25,000. Shocked Shocked
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Unique Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:04 pm

i just saw that deaths in italy are now slowing down. great news if true people.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:29 pm

Unique wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Boris: We did not join EU ventilator program because we were not invited

EU: Sorry you didn't read your email, but you can join now if you like

Boris: You know what, I don't want it

Meanwhile the UK has a 20k ventilator deficit and has hired his buddy Dyson, which has never made one, to do it while lives are on the line...

where did you read that because i cant find it on sky news and they get most stories about corona in britain.


I linked it in the post

To my knowledge Dyson has never made a ventilator before this crisis
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 28305
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by RealGunner Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:34 pm

You are correct.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89513
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Unique Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:37 pm

am i the only one thinking that its not just the chinese that have lied to us about the virus. i think all of us are being lied to about this thing.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Unique Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:39 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Unique wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Boris: We did not join EU ventilator program because we were not invited

EU: Sorry you didn't read your email, but you can join now if you like

Boris: You know what, I don't want it

Meanwhile the UK has a 20k ventilator deficit and has hired his buddy Dyson, which has never made one, to do it while lives are on the line...

where did you read that because i cant find it on sky news and they get most stories about corona in britain.


I linked it in the post

To my knowledge Dyson has never made a ventilator before this crisis
dyson make things that suck. im sure they can make things that blow. i also read somewhere that a guy was making them with a 3d printer. they are not hard to make.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Unique Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:40 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Unique wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Boris: We did not join EU ventilator program because we were not invited

EU: Sorry you didn't read your email, but you can join now if you like

Boris: You know what, I don't want it

Meanwhile the UK has a 20k ventilator deficit and has hired his buddy Dyson, which has never made one, to do it while lives are on the line...

where did you read that because i cant find it on sky news and they get most stories about corona in britain.


I linked it in the post

To my knowledge Dyson has never made a ventilator before this crisis
im not seeing a link i can click bro Thumbs up i got it now Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Robespierre Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:45 pm

Unique wrote:i just saw that deaths in italy are now slowing down. great news if true people.

Always too many though..
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 17196
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Robespierre Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:46 pm

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 17196
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Unique Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:52 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Boris: We did not join EU ventilator program because we were not invited

EU: Sorry you didn't read your email, but you can join now if you like

Boris: You know what, I don't want it

Meanwhile the UK has a 20k ventilator deficit and has hired his buddy Dyson, which has never made one, to do it while lives are on the line...

The UK Government missed the deadline to join an EU-wide scheme to get extra ventilators because of "communication confusion", according to Cabinet Office Minister Michael Gove.

Earlier this week Downing Street said the UK had decided to pursue its own plan rather than joining the EU's procurement scheme, which will use the EU's buying power to purchase more stock.

But Downing Street later said that officials did not get emails inviting the UK to join. The EU has said the UK can still take part.

Asked whether an email was received by the government, Mr Gove said: "There was some communication confusion, I don't know all the details of that."

He added: "I’ve talked to senior figures in the NHS and they’ve reassured me that there is nothing that we can’t do as an independent nation that being part of that scheme would have allowed us to do.” Remember Brexit? The UK has left the EU - but remains in a transition period during which it is expected to reach its own trade arrangement with the 27-member bloc.

The UK currently has 8,000 ventilators available and has placed orders for another 8,000, but there are concerns about capacity in hospitals as the spread of the virus worsens.



it makes no mention of boris at all. scratch
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by M99 Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:04 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/28/trump-coronavirus-politics-us-health-disaster
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 30391
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by S Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:13 pm

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 28517
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Unique Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:19 pm

M99 wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/28/trump-coronavirus-politics-us-health-disaster
better get out of america fast bro.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Nishankly Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:54 pm

The virus stricken person can take upto a month to recover which makes home isolation even more dangerous if they want to contain the spread
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 21021
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Unique Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:58 pm

Nishankly wrote:The virus stricken person can take upto a month to recover which makes home isolation even more dangerous if they want to contain the spread
the point of it is everyone in your house will get it and then you wont spread it after that.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by futbol_bill Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:04 am

Unique wrote:Few measures have been enforced to curb coronavirus in Belarus - instead, people are being urged to drink vodka and go to saunas.

The country - specifically its president - has shrugged off concerns about the COVID-19 outbreak, starkly illustrated on Sunday with the nation's football matches continuing as normal.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-belarus-president-refuses-to-cancel-anything-and-says-vodka-and-saunas-will-ward-off-coronavirus-11965396


Sounds a lot like Boris and Trump!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7069
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Unique Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:09 am

futbol_bill wrote:
Unique wrote:Few measures have been enforced to curb coronavirus in Belarus - instead, people are being urged to drink vodka and go to saunas.

The country - specifically its president - has shrugged off concerns about the COVID-19 outbreak, starkly illustrated on Sunday with the nation's football matches continuing as normal.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-belarus-president-refuses-to-cancel-anything-and-says-vodka-and-saunas-will-ward-off-coronavirus-11965396


Sounds a lot like Boris and Trump!
spain has 80,000 cases and 7,000 deaths. UK has 20,000 cases and 1200 deaths. so who the fuck is incharge in spain. scratch
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Unique Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:19 am

i still dont understand how this virus is doing more damage than the flu. in the 4 months it has been in america they have 140,000 cases and 2500 deaths and the country is on lock down and the health care is on its knees. yet in the 4 month flu season of 2017/2018 they had 45,000,000 infected and 61,000 deaths. so how did they cope with that. people will say we had things in place to fight the flu yet they still had 45,000,000 infected and 61,000 deaths. how did they cope with that. it dont make any sense.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Nishankly Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:27 am

Unique wrote:i still dont understand how this virus is doing more damage than the flu. in the 4 months it has been in america they have 140,000 cases and 2500 deaths and the country is on lock down and the health care is on its knees. yet in the 4 month flu season of 2017/2018 they had 45,000,000 infected and 61,000 deaths. so how did they cope with that. people will say we had things in place to fight the flu yet they still had 45,000,000 infected and 61,000 deaths. how did they cope with that. it dont make any sense.


I don't know where you get your sources but a quick google would tell you the 45 million is the total number from the year 2017-2018 and not the 4 months you quote. So I will continue to explain with the year as a base, you can run all the numbers down for 4 months by dividing it by 3.

1) 45,000,000 people with flu do not require hospital attention and the percentage of these who require hospitalization, ventilators and ICU beds is peanuts compared to Corona.

Hospitalization rate for the flu is 2% whereas for the Corona its 25%. Do the math.

2) 45,000,000 people, hospitalization are spread across a duration, they do not affect the normal working of hospitals and hospitals can easily cope with it and be able to treat other patients and not be overrun within a month. The virus is not the only disease out there.

3) The virus is new and could mutate and new mutated strain of the virus could start spreading and kill more people.

The flu you quote is the H3N2 strain, which a mutated form of the regular Influenza virus which led to higher deaths and hospitalizations. Imagine if corona mutated?

4) You can recover from the flu within 3 days, Corona puts you at home assuming you don't need hospitalization for nearly 2 weeks. Our bodies don't know how to deal with this new virus, whereas you can get the flu twice in month and still go to work.

5) The flu you quote requires 45 million people to reach a number of 61,000. Corona requires not more than 1 million people.

6) With Flu, you can expect to infect 1.4 times the people with Corona you can infect atleast 3.5 times other people. So using basic math, 10 levels down you are responsible for infecting 26 people with the flu where as if you had the corona virus, you would have infected 59,300.

7) Case fatality of the virus is already at 15 times normal flu and is expected to remain between 12-24 times in the US

8.) Influenza has an easily available testing kit and has a yearly vaccine shot. Corona has neither.

9) Incubation takes about 10 days where you can still pass it around without symptoms, Common flu takes about 2 days

10) Higher mortality rate.

If the entire world would get the flu today, 1 month later 4 million people would die. If the entire world got the coronavirus today, 1 month later at least 180 million will die.

11) The virus can survive upto 8 days on surfaces, flu last upto 48 hours tops.

I could go on, no one is downplaying the flu and I am not saying we need to panic like its the end of the world but people need to understand what it is at hand.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 21021
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Unique Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:28 am

Nishankly wrote:
Unique wrote:i still dont understand how this virus is doing more damage than the flu. in the 4 months it has been in america they have 140,000 cases and 2500 deaths and the country is on lock down and the health care is on its knees. yet in the 4 month flu season of 2017/2018 they had 45,000,000 infected and 61,000 deaths. so how did they cope with that. people will say we had things in place to fight the flu yet they still had 45,000,000 infected and 61,000 deaths. how did they cope with that. it dont make any sense.


I don't know where you get your sources but a quick google would tell you the 45 million is the total number from the year 2017-2018 and not the 4 months you quote. So I will continue to explain with the year as a base, you can run all the numbers down for 4 months by dividing it by 3.

1) 45,000,000 people with flu do not require hospital attention and the percentage of these who require hospitalization, ventilators and ICU beds is peanuts compared to Corona.

Hospitalization rate for the flu is 2% whereas for the Corona its 25%. Do the math.

2) 45,000,000 people, hospitalization are spread across a duration, they do not affect the normal working of hospitals and hospitals can easily cope with it and be able to treat other patients and not be overrun within a month. The virus is not the only disease out there.

3) The virus is new and could mutate and new mutated strain of the virus could start spreading and kill more people.

The flu you quote is the H3N2 strain, which a mutated form of the regular Influenza virus which led to higher deaths and hospitalizations. Imagine if corona mutated?

4) You can recover from the flu within 3 days, Corona puts you at home assuming you don't need hospitalization for nearly 2 weeks. Our bodies don't know how to deal with this new virus, whereas you can get the flu twice in month and still go to work.

5) The flu you quote requires 45 million people to reach a number of 61,000. Corona requires not more than 1 million people.

6) With Flu, you can expect to infect 1.4 times the people with Corona you can infect atleast 3.5 times other people. So using basic math, 10 levels down you are responsible for infecting 26 people with the flu where as if you had the corona virus, you would have infected 59,300.

7) Case fatality of the virus is already at 15 times normal flu and is expected to remain between 12-24 times in the US

8.) Influenza has an easily available testing kit and has a yearly vaccine shot. Corona has neither.

9) Incubation takes about 10 days where you can still pass it around without symptoms, Common flu takes about 2 days

10) Higher mortality rate.

If the entire world would get the flu today, 1 month later 4 million people would die. If the entire world got the coronavirus today, 1 month later at least 180 million will die.

11) The virus can survive upto 8 days on surfaces, flu last upto 48 hours tops.

I could go on, no one is downplaying the flu and I am not saying we need to panic like its the end of the world but people need to understand what it is at hand.
the flu season lasts about 4 months you can look that up and find out like i did so the bottom line is 45million people in the us alone got the flu. 61k people died from it. thats a massive increase in numbers from the numbers that they are getting from corona virus. the numbers are not even in the same ball park. you are telling me how the flu is much easier to cope with yet the number of deaths and infected by flu is miles higher. you can recover from flu in 3 days. corona infects miles more people. corona kills 15 times more people than flu. flu has a easy to get testing kit. so why are the stats on flu 100 times worst than a virus we know nothing about and we have no treatment for. 1 of 2 things are going on here the first is this virus is not that bad and the world is in panic or 2. this virus is far far worst than we are being told. i thinks its 2 tbh. or maybe we have a 3rd and that is flu has been around for so long people just dont care how many get infected and how many die from it.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum