RealGunner
rincon
Warrior
The Demon of Carthage
Nishankly
39 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Robespierre Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:23 pm

It make so strange to read the first page of the first Coronavirus thread opened from me
https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t42309-the-coronavirus-thread#2000485
We ' re around a global pandemic now

Italian immunologist Francesco Le Foche believes the "the Event 0"  that made pandenic exploding in Bergamo was that Atalanta-Valencia at San Siro.

A month has passed since that match, so the timing is pertinent. The aggregation of thousands of people, centimetres from each other, engaging in manifestations of euphoria like hugging, shouting, all of that could’ve favoured viral reciprocation.

“I have to imagine many didn’t want to miss that game if they had tickets, even if they felt a slight fever. With hindsight, it was madness to play with a crowd present, but at the time things weren’t clear enough. It’d be unthinkable now"

I was at San Siro that day. And I was outside stadium before match for 2 hours , and you could already see a relevant Atalantini wave , then the stadium , and metro..

Ok San Siro, but You haven't idea what it means San Siro metro after the match's finished.

It's small, least than other metro lines, in fact just 140 persons at time can enter in.

We were accumulated for a good time before  our turn has came, and of course inside metro too

I was so luuuucky to have avoided this, seriously

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Firenze Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:29 pm

went to my local co-op which is kinda big, expected to have to queue to get into the car park but it was oddly empty, then went inside and understood why

basically out of everything besides junk food

Gov keep saying the supermarkets can meet demand and people shouldn't panic buy but the shops aren't reflecting this at all hmm

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:32 pm

Firenze wrote:went to my local co-op which is kinda big, expected to have to queue to get into the car park but it was oddly empty, then went inside and understood why

Gov keep saying the supermarkets can meet demand and people shouldn't panic buy but the shops aren't reflecting this at all hmm

the shops need to bring in the army to make sure people only get what they need and dont intimidate the staff into letting them clear the shop also it wont be long until people start looting the shops
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:34 pm

Lucifer wrote:Bollywood singer Kanika Kapoor tests positive for Covid-19, brings political class under corona scare | India News - Times of India https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/bollywood-singer-kanika-kapoor-tests-positive-for-covid-19-brings-political-class-under-corona-scare/articleshow/74740216.cms

hmm

As of today already 5 people are being confirmed of infection. Nice going Kanika Thumbs up

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:48 pm

https://vreddit.cc/ksiyhgagpvn41

Police in Argentina, wearing full hazmat suits, arrests teenagers breaking curfew

Looks downright apocalyptic
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:58 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:https://vreddit.cc/ksiyhgagpvn41

Police in Argentina, wearing full hazmat suits, arrests teenagers breaking curfew

Good.

First death in Finland today. The PM has said they're considering locking down the Helsinki area, stopping travel to and from there. I wish they did that right now.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:07 pm

For countries used to military dictatorships should be easier...
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:09 pm

i wonder how long these lock downs will last. if the governments are paying peoples wages you can bet they will keep it to a minimum
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:11 pm

Unique wrote:
Firenze wrote:went to my local co-op which is kinda big, expected to have to queue to get into the car park but it was oddly empty, then went inside and understood why

the shops need to bring in the army to make sure people only get what they need and dont intimidate the staff into letting them clear the shop also it wont be long until people start looting the shops

No need for the army if the people have common sense

Here the groceries have set a limit for essential articles (cans, pasta, fruits, vegs) it's sufficient
Of course some people go at multiple places to stack more, from what i see i assume they are minority

Only the toilet paper shelves are still empty. But it's not worrying. It was my first job stayed there 4 years. If it was a shortage of shampoo it would be the same. Those articles take more time to receive than food. The factory is probably overwhelmed so there is additional delays.

No reason to miss anything essential, it's a virus from which the majority show no symptom, not a civil war.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:23 pm

Robespierre wrote:

we haven't had a dictatorship since '87. millenials and zoomers have never known one...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:50 pm

Worrying signs

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 7 Covid10
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:02 pm

???
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:14 pm

Lucifer wrote:
Lucifer wrote:Bollywood singer Kanika Kapoor tests positive for Covid-19, brings political class under corona scare | India News - Times of India https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/bollywood-singer-kanika-kapoor-tests-positive-for-covid-19-brings-political-class-under-corona-scare/articleshow/74740216.cms

hmm

As of today already 5 people are being confirmed of infection. Nice going Kanika Thumbs up

What you saying bro, she warned her fellow Indians years ago

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:17 pm

New day , new tragic numbers for Lombardia
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:19 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Lucifer wrote:

hmm

Ugh, dem lyrics. Cringe af

Delete this shit from this thread ffs
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:21 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Robespierre wrote:

we haven't had a dictatorship since '87. millenials and zoomers have never known one...

I didn't talk about people but about a State trained to military strenght

In Italy more and more ppl invoke army on streets, I don't like it as solution, I've already seen state of police in Italy for G8 in Genoa 2001 and it was enough for me
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:23 pm

This is why it's an all time great film

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:29 pm

S wrote:
Ugh, dem lyrics. Cringe af

Delete this shit from this thread ffs

rofl
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:29 pm

Firenze wrote:

???

What does this even mean rofl
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:41 pm

Rednecks wipe their ass with corn cobs
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:42 pm

Huck over here is suggesting the husk of the corn or core of it to which all of the corn kernels are attached to, makes for a great alternative to toilet paper.

Provincial way but he might be right. hmm

Tom I may remember suggesting that for sure.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:45 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Lucifer wrote:

hmm

You can't make this shit up rofl rofl rofl rofl

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:46 pm

Lucifer wrote:
Nishankly wrote:
Lucifer wrote:

You can't make this shit up rofl rofl rofl rofl

Also Corona or no Corona would bang 10/10 Thumbs up

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:52 pm

rincon wrote:
Unique wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Good to see you Bill.  Stay safe dude.  You and I are likely the oldest people here...  this is absolutely crazy.

More worrying, our politicians are complete morons... except, sadly, for China and Russia.

Western politicians are completely inept other than the Germans.
why are you blaming the politicians they are just going on the advice of doctors and scientists it's them you should be blaming.

If it was on doctors and scientists we would have all been quarantined long ago. Politicians choose not to do it, based on economics and politics. They are decision makers and choose to do whatever they want with or without advice.

And how would that work, simply quarantining everyone "long ago"by which I guess you mean at the first sign of such an epidemic? How would that go about in detail, what would be the ramifications? What is the legal basis? How is it proportionate to the situation, and how would it be conveyable to the people aka the souvereign, who have rights?

We elect politicans to run our government, and we have laws.
It's for good reason we just don't do anything virologists and doctors say, as frankly they can't be expected to know about managing the running of a country anymore than politicians are expected to know the workings of a new infectious disease.

That's why we have councils, consultations, compromises.
And frankly, I'm not disappointed or shocked at the way our governments, or societies have reacted.
I think we have, for the most part, reacted just fine.

By the way, the main virologist involved in this in Germany, says a similar thing, in this long interview worth a read, available in English

https://www.zeit.de/wissen/gesundheit/2020-03/christian-drosten-coronavirus-pandemic-germany-virologist-charite
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:01 pm

I know all of that, which is exactly why i said to Unique that these havent been decisions by the doctors and scientists. These are decisions from the politicians.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:09 pm

Deaths continue to spiral in Italy. Official figures show 793 have died of Covid-19 in the last 24 hours - another daily record.

In total 4,825 people have now died across the country.

More than 53,500 have been diagnosed with the virus nationally, up more than 6,500 since yesterday.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next