The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

+35
Glory
Freeza
M99
Vibe
Lucifer
futbol_bill
S
Adit
iftikhar
Sri
Firenze
VivaStPauli
Thimmy
Pedram
Jay29
Zagadka
El Gunner
Robespierre
Hapless_Hans
Myesyats
zigra
Arquitecto
Blue
sportsczy
BarrileteCosmico
Young Kaz
Unique
CBarca
Art Morte
Babun
RealGunner
rincon
Warrior
The Demon of Carthage
Nishankly
39 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Unique Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:48 pm

@sportsczy wrote:Good to see you Bill. Stay safe dude. You and I are likely the oldest people here... this is absolutely crazy.

More worrying, our politicians are complete morons... except, sadly, for China and Russia.

Western politicians are completely inept other than the Germans.
why are you blaming the politicians they are just going on the advice of doctors and scientists it's them you should be blaming.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Young Kaz Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:16 am

@futbol_bill wrote:
@Unique wrote:Anyone seen bill in the last few days I sent the old buzzard a pm asking him if he is ok and he never got back to me. Hope he's doing ok.


I‘m still here and healthy. We are practicing social distancing.

I keep reading your posts, both the ones of your illusions and the ones with your racist remarks although I don’t blame you for the shots at Young Kaz (that guy is more f up than you)


William! Smile

I remember your basketball team in Beijing 08. Seems like China will have her revenge.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1558
Join date : 2019-03-22

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by sportsczy Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:20 am

@Unique wrote:
@sportsczy wrote:Good to see you Bill.  Stay safe dude.  You and I are likely the oldest people here...  this is absolutely crazy.

More worrying, our politicians are complete morons... except, sadly, for China and Russia.

Western politicians are completely inept other than the Germans.
why are you blaming the politicians they are just going on the advice of doctors and scientists it's them you should be blaming.

Do you feel that we've had good leadership throughout all this?  I haven't.  Everywhere I look, it's denial followed by slow reaction followed by panic.

More importantly, there is very little teamwork.  Everyone is doing their own thing.  This is where globalism would have done a lot of good... except we're in a nationalist craze right now.

So yeah, it's on the politicians for poor leadership, lack of judgment and continued ineptitude. Feel like we're devolving as opposed to evolving.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 20233
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Lucifer Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:05 am

Bollywood singer Kanika Kapoor tests positive for Covid-19, brings political class under corona scare | India News - Times of India https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/bollywood-singer-kanika-kapoor-tests-positive-for-covid-19-brings-political-class-under-corona-scare/articleshow/74740216.cms

hmm

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 8166
Join date : 2015-06-16
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Lucifer Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:12 am

In my experience so far the common people from middle and lower classes from my country have shown much more social awareness and responsibility than these so called elites.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 8166
Join date : 2015-06-16
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Nishankly Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:44 am

@Lucifer wrote:In my experience so far the common people from middle and lower classes from my country have shown much more social awareness and responsibility than these so called elites.


That's not entirely true since they aren't affected until it breaks out in the country and they have been able to react only after seeing the effect worldwide. 90% of Indians abroad have stayed put at their places knowing that the virus can only spread through travel. 10% had to be contained by the government and they failed at it.

This boils down to the government not putting up government based quarantines and allowing home based quarantines. People have made mistakes sure but that's down to the Government allowing them to avoid screening.

India launched the government based quarantine as late as 15th March which why International travellers landed in these ports, got their temperatures checked and were cleared for further domestic travel if no fever or if you could hold a cough in for about 10 mins. The fact that the government states it has done millions of tests is not a big thing, all they do is point a thermometer at you at the airport and make you sign a handwritten note that you would accept liability if you spread it at home. You can't throat swab 1 million people at airports.

Look at Italy, 10k people ran away from Milan when they were about to announce a shut down and now its exploding in Italy.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20418
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Warrior Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:18 am

@sportsczy wrote:
@Unique wrote:
@sportsczy wrote:Good to see you Bill.  Stay safe dude.  You and I are likely the oldest people here...  this is absolutely crazy.

More worrying, our politicians are complete morons... except, sadly, for China and Russia.

Western politicians are completely inept other than the Germans.
why are you blaming the politicians they are just going on the advice of doctors and scientists it's them you should be blaming.

Do you feel that we've had good leadership throughout all this?  I haven't.  Everywhere I look, it's denial followed by slow reaction followed by panic.

More importantly, there is very little teamwork.  Everyone is doing their own thing.  This is where globalism would have done a lot of good... except we're in a nationalist craze right now.

So yeah, it's on the politicians for poor leadership, lack of judgment and continued ineptitude.  Feel like we're devolving as opposed to evolving.



Quebec province (it's in Canada) has been somewhat proactive, i'm satisfied by the government, both the measures and the passive-agressive reassuring tone they took. I think against the virus it's one of the best place in western world currently.

The only flaws in the plan are due to federal prime minister Trudeau's lack of leadership. Him and Trump it's been laughable how they managed this crisis. In Europe it seems even far worse.  So i agree the general response to COVID-19 is disappointing so far.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 7931
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Vibe Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:18 am

I'm getting tested today guys... Wish me luck.

I got admitted into the hospital yesterday, been burning up with fever up to 40°C for the past 2 days and my throat is so fucked I can barely speak.

They filled me up with antipyretics intravenously, so at least I feel decent now.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 8231
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Art Morte Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:04 am

@Nishankly wrote:
@Art Morte wrote:
@Nishankly wrote:We have a new outlier. 28 days in Bhutan for an American tourist to develop symptoms after first contact with another Corona positive person.


Why would that tell us anything?


It means the 14 day home based or government based quarantine imposed in all countries might not be enough to stop the spread. If this was common knowledge, which i doubt, this probably gets it there.

Is it certain that he got the virus from that person 28 days ago or could he have gotten it later? That's the question.


@Vibe wrote:I'm getting tested today guys... Wish me luck.

I got admitted into the hospital yesterday, been burning up with fever up to 40°C for the past 2 days and my throat is so fucked I can barely speak.

They filled me up with antipyretics intravenously, so at least I feel decent now.

Damn, man, I don't think you need to wait for the results to know that you've got it. Tell you what, you pull through this and in the next NBA fantasy I'll trade you my #1 pick for your #10, okay?

Spoiler:
Don't worry, guys, I'm gonna draft Tristan Thompson with my first pick.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18095
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Robespierre Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:02 am

And I was at the stadium that day , wow

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 16680
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Nishankly Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:21 am

@Art Morte wrote:
@Nishankly wrote:
@Art Morte wrote:


Why would that tell us anything?


It means the 14 day home based or government based quarantine imposed in all countries might not be enough to stop the spread. If this was common knowledge, which i doubt, this probably gets it there.

Is it certain that he got the virus from that person 28 days ago or could he have gotten it later? That's the question.


Oh, she was in government isolation and she's only the second case in Bhutan. The first one being the guy she contracted from. Everyone else has been negative till now.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20418
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Vibe Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:25 am

@Art Morte wrote:
@Nishankly wrote:
@Art Morte wrote:


Why would that tell us anything?


It means the 14 day home based or government based quarantine imposed in all countries might not be enough to stop the spread. If this was common knowledge, which i doubt, this probably gets it there.

Is it certain that he got the virus from that person 28 days ago or could he have gotten it later? That's the question.


@Vibe wrote:I'm getting tested today guys... Wish me luck.

I got admitted into the hospital yesterday, been burning up with fever up to 40°C for the past 2 days and my throat is so fucked I can barely speak.

They filled me up with antipyretics intravenously, so at least I feel decent now.

Damn, man, I don't think you need to wait for the results to know that you've got it. Tell you what, you pull through this and in the next NBA fantasy I'll trade you my #1 pick for your #10, okay?

Spoiler:
Don't worry, guys, I'm gonna draft Tristan Thompson with my first pick.


Well the doctors are actually pretty sure it's not corona, they think it's just shit timing, as my symptoms are all over the place and my bloodwork suggests some sort of bacterial infection, so I'm optimistic.

Just got tested, will know the results tomorrow.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 8231
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by rincon Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:39 am

@Unique wrote:
@sportsczy wrote:Good to see you Bill.  Stay safe dude.  You and I are likely the oldest people here...  this is absolutely crazy.

More worrying, our politicians are complete morons... except, sadly, for China and Russia.

Western politicians are completely inept other than the Germans.
why are you blaming the politicians they are just going on the advice of doctors and scientists it's them you should be blaming.

If it was on doctors and scientists we would have all been quarantined long ago. Politicians choose not to do it, based on economics and politics. They are decision makers and choose to do whatever they want with or without advice.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 15909
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Nishankly Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:04 am

If it was on doctors and scientists speaking and deciding, the virus would have never left China tbh
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20418
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Pedram Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:47 am

Spanish government will compensate workers with 100% paid sick leave.

This is why it's a good thing to have a left-wing government in times of crisis, their priorities are different, saving workers lives instead of bailing out large corporations.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6617
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Unique Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:03 pm

@jay do you know what is going to happen with the exams because my sons school closed with the rest of them and he was going to leave this year after his exams. some people are saying they will go on predicted grades and some people are saying they will have to do back and do the exams at some point in the future.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:19 pm

Exams are all cancelled so it's very unlikely anyone will need to give them in the future. There just isn't time for the exams to be done, get them marked and return them. Specially since due to social distancing.

The grades will be determined by predicted grade and what teachers think a student deserves after seeing their grades over the year, quality of coursework and other work.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-51980831
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89084
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by sportsczy Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:48 pm

@Pedram wrote:Spanish government will compensate workers with 100% paid sick leave.

This is why it's a good thing to have a left-wing government in times of crisis, their priorities are different, saving workers lives instead of bailing out large corporations.

Problem is that if you don't bail out businesses, they go out of business... then the government needs to be prepared to pay the workers for a long long time.

The best solution is to bail out businesses with the caveat that they cannot fire anyone (unless for cause) and also cannot slash their salaries.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 20233
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:50 pm

@Vibe wrote:I'm getting tested today guys... Wish me luck.

I got admitted into the hospital yesterday, been burning up with fever up to 40°C for the past 2 days and my throat is so fucked I can barely speak.

They filled me up with antipyretics intravenously, so at least I feel decent now.


damn Vibe best of luck Molenation
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 27191
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by M99 Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:51 pm

Feel bad for everyone who are graduating from colleges this year. Will they be able to have proper ceremonies in May?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 30040
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 98

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:55 pm

@M99 wrote:Feel bad for everyone who are graduating from colleges this year. Will they be able to have proper ceremonies in May?
Here in Boston most colleges will do virtual ceremonies... yeah it sucks for them

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 27191
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by CBarca Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:59 pm

No they won't (have ceremonies)

@unique since you bring it up, the official stance from my school right now is that we won't assign a grade for fourth quarter. Too many issues with inequity and access to guarantee everyone has an equal education and this equal chance for a good grade
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 20086
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Babun Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:16 pm

@sportsczy wrote:
@Pedram wrote:Spanish government will compensate workers with 100% paid sick leave.

This is why it's a good thing to have a left-wing government in times of crisis, their priorities are different, saving workers lives instead of bailing out large corporations.

Problem is that if you don't bail out businesses, they go out of business... then the government needs to be prepared to pay the workers for a long long time.

The best solution is to bail out businesses with the caveat that they cannot fire anyone (unless for cause) and also cannot slash their salaries.

That's the plan in Germany. The state won't give zombie credits though and won't support banks. Instead, the fond will help to pay existing financial commitments ( fix costs, credit rates etc.) until the crisis is over. For the workers, the Kurzarbeitergeld law was ratified. Companies can reduce the working hours of their workers by half and more to reduce costs if they can show that they would avoid bankruptcy by doing so (40h per week is normal, reduction to 20h or 15h). The gouvernment will pay the missing part for up to one year in exchange for the companies keeping their staff instead of firing outright.

The best politically correct facepalm of the decade( watch Fauci closely):


Edit: Spahn will take away federal rights over certain decision: freedom of movement, transport and distribution of medical supplies. Something interesting on a side note is "Infektionsschutzgesetz" (infection prevention law): Spahn can force medical personel to participate in Wuhan virus crisis. If the said people don't comply they go to jail. People who don't comply with the quarantine are fined up to 25000€ or jail time. Another aspect, by enacting this law, the Bundeswehr can operate in all Germany to maintain the public order.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7211
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Unique Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:48 pm

thanks for the replies lads Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:51 pm

@M99 wrote:Feel bad for everyone who are graduating from colleges this year. Will they be able to have proper ceremonies in May?


Impossible.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89084
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Robespierre Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:23 pm

It make so strange to read the first page of the first Coronavirus thread opened from me
https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t42309-the-coronavirus-thread#2000485
We ' re around a global pandemic now

Italian immunologist Francesco Le Foche believes the "the Event 0"  that made pandenic exploding in Bergamo was that Atalanta-Valencia at San Siro.

A month has passed since that match, so the timing is pertinent. The aggregation of thousands of people, centimetres from each other, engaging in manifestations of euphoria like hugging, shouting, all of that could’ve favoured viral reciprocation.

“I have to imagine many didn’t want to miss that game if they had tickets, even if they felt a slight fever. With hindsight, it was madness to play with a crowd present, but at the time things weren’t clear enough. It’d be unthinkable now"


I was at San Siro that day. And I was outside stadium before match for 2 hours , and you could already see a relevant Atalantini wave , then the stadium , and metro..

Ok San Siro, but You haven't idea what it means San Siro metro after the match's finished.

It's small, least than other metro lines, in fact just 140 persons at time can enter in.

We were accumulated for a good time before  our turn has came, and of course inside metro too

I was so luuuucky to have avoided this, seriously
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 16680
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum