Vibe
Myesyats
The Demon of Carthage
Zagadka
Robespierre
44 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:07 pm

Hope you get better soon @rincon

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by Robespierre Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:08 pm

Nishankly wrote:Robes lad, DM me if u need toilet paper. I got yo back.

Well before Germany, the virus will probably explode in France and Spain.

^^ Tbf I find curious how Commonwealth countries ( UK, India, Australia) reacted with "toilet paper " panic. But honestly here not, just grocery shopping panic ( that is mistaken though, food is not going to finish) .

Yesterday after the Prime Minister's announcement, mass di people (exactly what it must be avoided ... for example if i have to enter kiosk for buying newspapers now, I control if   "distance "  between me and other can be respected, otherwise I wait out  o  of kiosk ) went to grocery .

Here you can see Llorente and Callejon wait in line for it.

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 19 9a607da01f846fcc408547e160ae8a30_800x450

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:10 pm

rincon wrote:Been sick for a week. Its turned to difficulty breathing, chest pain, sore throat, headache, was in Italy in february.

Called the local hospital in Brussels. Put me through to a doctor, in a very quick dismissive way asked me where in italy I had come from, said Rome, she replied "rome is not a dangerous zone"... Ok. Told me to call my GP, told her I dont have one since I have never been sick in belgium, "find one near you"

Called and left a voicemail to a GP, no reply.

What a response by the Belgian health system. No one has told me, a person arriving from Italy exhibiting symptoms, to stay home and avoid contact with others.

If I was less mindful I wouldn't care and just continue my life as normal, infecting everyone around in the case that it is coronavirus

Wow. That's horrible.
Did you find a place to get tested, yet, and treated? Usually cities have installed hotlines exclusively for covid-related questions, and testing centers?
All the best to you.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:12 pm

rincon wrote:Been sick for a week. Its turned to difficulty breathing, chest pain, sore throat, headache, was in Italy in february.

Called the local hospital in Brussels. Put me through to a doctor, in a very quick dismissive way asked me where in italy I had come from, said Rome, she replied "rome is not a dangerous zone"... Ok. Told me to call my GP, told her I dont have one since I have never been sick in belgium, "find one near you"

What a response by the Belgian health system. No one has told me, a person arriving from Italy exhibiting symptoms, to stay home and avoid contact with others.

If I was less mindful I wouldn't care and just continue my life as normal, infecting everyone around in the case that it is coronavirus

read a similar complaint about someone in Australia on twitter just a moment ago.

It's crazy.
Stay calm and take it easy rincon, take regular flu medicine, hope you get better soon, keep us up to date
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:14 pm

Damn, i really hope its just a fever or flu rincon, keep us updated man, hope you get better soon
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:16 pm

Unique wrote:https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/18294343.second-confirmed-coronavirus-case-greenwich-found-gallions-reach-gp-practice/

this is less than half a mile from my house.
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Jesus Greenwich is like 30 minutes on the train from me Shocked

Guys

so I take it you both live in the Greater London metropolitan area. And you are suprised and worried that someone within some short of close distance is infected? There's like 10 million people within 30 minutes of you guys
I think you will have to get used to the thought of SOMEONE being infected SOMEHWERE around you

I entered the overcrowded rush hour underground train this morning and thought "oh well"
and you could see in everyone's face they were thinking the same lol
the reddit story from the Bergamo doctor, as well as heaing from Robes here, did have an impact on me the last couple of days, I'd usually be much more blasé
actually washed my hand for the prescribed 20 seconds after arriving at work and 20 seconds is forever Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:18 pm

You're not wrong Hans, thing is my job demands i work from home a lot (thankfully atm) so I'm oblivious to a lot of things.

So it came a little more shocking, but thinking logically your right. But to be sure i should get in touch with the office to keep up communication.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:21 pm

I am not suggesting panic buying but lads please stock up on essentials in case of quarantine. Government(UK) is looking at home delivery options for grocery anyways but still

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:27 pm

Thanks guys. It's really not severe, and I'm 29. it's just that particularly feeling it in my chest, breathing, and throat, having come from italy, I thought to be responsible in case it is this virus. But the response here is pretty shocking. Since I can do a lot of my work at the moment from my computer I'm staying in, no need to go to the university and expose colleagues just in case.

It's a weird sensation that my nose is not clogged, yet it's harder to breathe and my chest/lungs feel tied up and very uncomfortable.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:33 pm

hmm do you have fever? shortness of breath is a bad sign but i hope it's more in the head. Anxiety can show similar symptoms.

But try and force a test with your GP.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:33 pm

Go straight up and cough on his/her face
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:39 pm

RealGunner wrote:hmm do you have fever? shortness of breath is a bad sign but i hope it's more in the head. Anxiety can show similar symptoms.

But try and force a test with your GP.

Mild fever, enough to feel warm and have some headache, not too dramatic. Anyway yesterday breathing was quite hard, today much less so, so it looks like it will pass.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:40 pm

hope it's nothing man. But i would still say try and force a test. Ring the number again and hope it's someone else.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:43 pm

Get better soon man. Apparently Vitamin C + corticosteroids are effective against this virus. Worth looking into. Hasn’t hit north Dallas but it’s in Frisco right now so I’m definitely preparing and keeping my sleep and diet in check
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:02 pm

UK seems well under control with 50 cases a day for now. Look at Denmark. The number of cases have tripled the total case in 2 days. 173 cases today compared to 35 on March 8th evening.

Spain seems the next one for the explosion. France isn't reporting spikes but has a constant increase, it seems to be calming in Germany.

More worried about Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Switzerland.

Italy and Iran are still way up.

In Asia, China is reporting like 14 cases a day now but it cost us 3000 lives there. Japan and Korea have finally mellowed down as all the clusters are properly contained.

It boils down to us as humans living in free countries with freedom of travel. If Iran would have done what China did, we could have contained it. Italy has made the right move to contain it finally and other nations will soon follow suit with Spain starting with the capital Madrid.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:09 pm

@rincon really sorry to hear what you're going through. Maybe you can try again and lie? Say you were in the Lombardy region or hell even Wuhan if thats whats needed.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:15 pm

Yea M99 is right. Maybe you can twist some parts of your stories saying there were a lot of people from Lombardy in rome when you were returnign
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:16 pm

No words for their superficiality
" Rome is not a dangerous zone "  but seriously ???
There are not zones  that aren't dangerous, virus is everywhere and Roma  has many infected (as it's normal, big city)
I hope you get better
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:17 pm

Also Portugal has locked down 100,000 people. Countries are doing shite finally.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:23 pm

Thankfully no panic here, i would not panic personally, but those who do are annoying as f

Also Rincon is trying the virus and belgium won't do shit for him Proud stay safe bro
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:07 pm

Robespierre wrote:

^^ Tbf I find curious how Commonwealth countries ( UK, India, Australia) reacted with "toilet paper " panic. But honestly here not, just grocery shopping panic ( that is mistaken though, food is not going to finish) .

Yesterday after the Prime Minister's announcement, mass di people (exactly what it must be avoided ... for example if i have to enter kiosk for buying newspapers now, I control if   "distance "  between me and other can be respected, otherwise I wait out  o  of kiosk ) went to grocery .

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 19 9a607da01f846fcc408547e160ae8a30_800x450

We don't any outbreak yet so no panic for anything, our government is a bigger issue and no one cares about the virus right now.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:00 pm

You guys won't believe this.

A 78-year old Tunisian man who lives in Strasbourg, France visited Tunisia last week and went to the hospital a couple days ago for something not related to the flu.

Upon arriving, the doctors noticed he had a fever and exhibiting all the known Coronavirus symptoms. They advised him to let them run some tests, to which he complied.

While the tests were running, he was told to stay in an isolated room until they have proof he's infected and to not talk to anyone.

Not only he didn't listen to them, but he also almost immediately took off from the clinic and booked a flight back to Strasbourg without telling anyone.

Then he rushed to the airport with his 40-something-year-old daughter(who later turned out she knew all along that her father was infected) to flee the country before the doctors confirm he's infected.

By the time the clinic had the test result and alerted the Tunisian authorities, the man and his daughter were already midway through their flight to France with 161 other people (not including the staff of the plane). So the police immediately contacted the pilot of the plane and briefed him about the situation, then contacted the French authorities and told them as well.

When the plane landed in Starsbourg, France, the SAMU was already there. The passengers had to wait close to 2 hours with that guy and his daughter to be allowed to leave the plane.

Can you guys guess what did the French government do to the guy? They let him go home. They had a confirmed case, and they told him to go home.

Later when his daughter was asked why she and her father did something like that, she said because his wife wanted him to come back and be treated there.

How much of a selfish, fucking asshole do you have to be to get on a place with 161 other people, thus putting them at risk of getting your virus as well, just because you wanted to be treated somewhere else?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:04 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Robespierre wrote:

We don't any outbreak yet so no panic for anything, our government is a bigger issue and no one cares about the virus right now.

Sad to read this
Thanks for your thought anyway Wink
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:08 pm

And here's another beautiful story about selfishness and irresponsibility:

A Tunisian man visited Italy before the entire country was placed in quarantine, and when he came back, they immediately ran some tests on him to see if he's infected or not.

While the tests were running, he was told to stay home and not talk to anyone to prevent the virus from spreading in case he has it.

And what does he do? He leaves his home at night and goes to a local cafe to watch the clasico. Then the day after, he goes out and meets all his friends and family.

Again, how selfish and irresponsible do you have to be to live your live solely focusing on yourself and needs and completely disregarding other people's lives?

Some people are truly the worst.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:16 pm

Nishankly wrote:5 new cases in India.

Family of 5 came from Italy on 28th Feb and had symptoms during the flight, they avoided the screening area purposely.

Two of there relatives came for dinner on 4th March and contacted the disease, the two went to the hospital and it was confirmed to be coronavirus which led to the officials finally catching these 5 people.

But now the steps need to be retraced back on 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st, 29th Feb and they took 2 flights with a stopover at Doha.

I hate stupid people.

@DoC

Its the people.

That cluster has made our cases rise by 20 in 2 days with another 2700 waited to be tested.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:08 pm

A "leaked" document from US of A suggest 96 million Americans will get sick and 480000 will die. They expect less than 30% of the population to get sick (330 millions in total) with a mortality rate of 0.5%.
All virologs in Germany and even Merkel herself expect at least 60% infection in the population until herd immunity is reached. The lowest estimate of the Covid-19 fatality is 1% as of now. Let's apply the numbers to the US of A population of 330m:
330 * 0.6 * 0.01 = 1.96 million deaths
Who in their right mind calculates a plan with the best case scenario in mind?
Worst case ( 70% infection with upper bound of 3.4%):
330 * 0.7 * 0.034 = 7.854 million deaths
if everything gets out of control like in Wuhan. Unfortunately, in case of US of A, the later is a real possiblity due to their unprepared health system.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next