Vibe
Myesyats
The Demon of Carthage
Zagadka
Robespierre
44 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 29 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by Pedram Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:21 pm

Unique wrote:
The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Myesyats wrote:What does that say?

It's the yellow vests movement for economic justice (or so they claim).

They decided to go through with their protests even though the French government banned public gatherings and specifically told its citizens to stay home in order to halt the spread of the coronavirus.

Pretty irresponsible, but what are you gonna do?
shoot them.

Shooting down peaceful protesters?

Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 29 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by Unique Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:26 pm

Pedram wrote:
Unique wrote:

They decided to go through with their protests even though the French government banned public gatherings and specifically told its citizens to stay home in order to halt the spread of the coronavirus.

shoot them.

not all of them just a few. The rest will get the message.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:27 pm

rincon wrote:
Nishankly wrote:Can't you go get tested? Or is it too costly/ they'll dismiss you since you have no info on how you could have contracted it?

Also isn't it normal flu season in Europe right now?

There are not enough tests. They are basicslly running them as fast as they can it seems like. So basically unless you need to be hospitalized you won't get tested.

This is the US right now.

Even though some WI hospitals are changing the way they test, people are still being told that even if you have a dry cough, fever, and shortness of breath, you should stay home and self isolate. Only go to the hospital if you need to, and you're only going to get tested if you're in the hospital. Not enough tests atm.

I understand what they're doing, but it upsets me that there is going to be a complete lack of transparency for individuals here. Especially because we've seen that the virus works in predictable ways for many people, but some people are asymptomatic or close to it.

There is a confirmed case in my community, the individual was asymptomatic but was exposed to someone with coronavirus.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:31 pm

As Merkel said, 60-70% of people are going to get it. Just assume that you'll get infected sooner or later and act accordingly

The idea is to not allow it to develop so much that you get complications. Fruit, veggies, chicken soup, etc. Give yourself the best chance.

Given the age group of most people here, you're extremely unlikely to get any complications out of this.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:36 pm

I wouldn't call them peaceful. Ever since the movement started, they have burned and vandalized many properties and monuments.

This happened just today:

Even if we were to assume that most of them are peaceful and only a teeny, tiny minority is responsible for violence, they still ignored the lockdown and protested during a highly contagious epidemic. That's pretty irresponsible.

I stand for your right to peacefully protest as long as you're not endangering the lives of those around you in the process. Flooding the streets by the thousands in the middle of an epidemic is not exactly that.

Terrible, irresponsible and stupid decision.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:38 pm

If corona becomes a seasonal virus, like some say, do you become immune to it once you've had it or can one person get it multiple times over the years?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:40 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I wouldn't call them peaceful. Ever since the movement started, they have burned and vandalized many properties and monuments.

This happened just today:

Even if we were to assume that most of them are peaceful and only a teeny, tiny minority is responsible for violence, they still ignored the lockdown and protested during a highly contagious epidemic. That's pretty irresponsible.

I stand for your right to peacefully protest as long as you're not endangering the lives of those around you in the process. Flooding the streets by the thousands in the middle of an epidemic is not exactly that.

Terrible, irresponsible and stupid decision.
I agree.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:58 pm

Pedram wrote:
Unique wrote:

shoot them.

Not peaceful as has been proven and also posing a national threat. Our medical resources are not unlimited
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:00 pm

Art Morte wrote:If corona becomes a seasonal virus, like some say, do you become immune to it once you've had it or can one person get it multiple times over the years?

Simple answer is: we don't know yet.

You could develop immunity to one strain but be re-infected with a mutated strain. You could be immune for a short period of time before it wears out. Or you might not be immune at all.

Basically, until they're able to study the virus more, particularly the lasting effects on those who have recovered, we won't know.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:21 pm

Come at us, we will come at you Thumbs up

"Isolating the virus, which has caused (as of March 12) more than 125,000 infections around the world since it first appeared in China’s Hubei province in December 2019, can help scientists in Canada and around the world to “develop better diagnostic testing, treatments, and vaccines,” and also understand it a bit better in terms of its biology and evolution, according to Sunnybrook."
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:42 pm

rincon wrote:
Nishankly wrote:Can't you go get tested? Or is it too costly/ they'll dismiss you since you have no info on how you could have contracted it?

There are not enough tests. They are basicslly running them as fast as they can it seems like. So basically unless you need to be hospitalized you won't get tested.

I know 99% sure, I won't have any problems or symptoms from that Algerian woman coughing but if i do, I feel France would still check me out since I am not from here and an international student.

But it seems, the testing, not only in Europe, but even in countries with less cases are limited to travel or influence from sites of outbreak.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:43 pm

Art Morte wrote:If corona becomes a seasonal virus, like some say, do you become immune to it once you've had it or can one person get it multiple times over the years?

I don't like that thought or train of thought, if it's going to affect your pleural lining it has no reason to be quotidian, might as well put it alongside pneumonia and dengue.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:58 pm

Today is day 1 of quarantine here.

I've started daily vlogging about this Corona experience...one minute. Something to look forward to every day, and be fun in midst of all this chaos.

@Vibe...you're a hero , @RG, seriously, get well!

Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:07 pm

haha, Sepp, you should become a comedian
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:14 pm

Italy with 3500 new cases today, I thought they'd get a hold of this ffs
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:16 pm

Just imagine if this was Ebola.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:18 pm

All the shops near me are empty. The people are like tics and leaches ffs.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:30 pm

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:30 pm

Unique wrote:Just imagine if this was Ebola.

Couldn't be, Ebola is very specific and requires bodily fluids to transmit. A cough or sneeze won't do shit for Ebola.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:31 pm

India at 99 cases now Shocked , 18 cases more than yesterday
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:16 pm

Nishankly wrote:
rincon wrote:

I know 99% sure, I won't have any problems or symptoms from that Algerian woman coughing but if i do, I feel France would still check me out since I am not from here and an international student.

But it seems, the testing, not only in Europe, but even in countries with less cases are limited to travel or influence from sites of outbreak.

Being an international student means nothing. I am also not from here, that's irrelevant.

Its past the point where they will test everyone as its spreading too quickly. For most people that are infected the best thing to do is stay inside and stop spreading the virus.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:29 pm

Raw translation
Kekule: closing schools in all European countries is a must (alternativlos = without an alternative). The spread is the highest among small children in average one child infects 3 other children. They go on infecting everyone at home. Without the closure, the health care system would have been confronted with a avalanche of Wuhan virus cases at once.
The figure of 60-70% given by Drosten is an absolute horror scenario, from Kekule's point of view. He criticised him for fearmongering the population. It would mean we do nothing and let the disease spread, even animals change their behaviour when they are sick to slow down the infection rate. The idea is to control, isolate and win time for a vaccination which will be available earlier than 2 years time. He pleads for not letting the sickness run its course through the majourity of the population risking 0.5-1% death (250000 - 500000 for Germany) by taking appropriate measures.
sportsczy wrote:As Merkel said, 60-70% of people are going to get it.  Just assume that you'll get infected sooner or later and act accordingly

The idea is to not allow it to develop so much that you get complications.  Fruit, veggies, chicken soup, etc.  Give yourself the best chance.

Given the age group of most people here, you're extremely unlikely to get any complications out of this.

Theoretical worst case scenario for virologists, China kept the spread at 80000/1.2 billion.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:25 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:57 pm

My shift is up... Patient tested positive. We spent 12 hours together, quarantined in a room.

Now I am alone, I decided to separate from my wife and kid to protect them. I hope it ends well...

Anyway, had to transport the patient to our main hospital in the capital. We only have like 40 confirmed cases and 0 deaths, and there was chaos already there when I arrived.

They don't have enough tests and they have no staff or room for people... Basicaly sending them home if they can stand. And the people aren't taking it well, fighting with the staff.

Eerie scenes. Gonna have to buy some toilet paper soom
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:07 pm

Vibe wrote:

Gonna have to buy some toilet paper soon

Reminds me of THAT thread you made some 10-11 years ago now Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:21 pm

Vibe wrote:My shift is up... Patient tested positive. We spent 12 hours together, quarantined in a room.

Now I am alone, I decided to separate from my wife and kid to protect them. I hope it ends well...

Anyway, had to transport the patient to our main hospital in the capital. We only have like 40 confirmed cases and 0 deaths, and there was chaos already there when I arrived.

They don't have enough tests and they have no staff or room for people... Basicaly sending them home if they can stand. And the people aren't taking it well, fighting with the staff.

Eerie scenes. Gonna have to buy some toilet paper soom

Stay strong, Vibe. There's nothing more noble and rewarding than saving people's lives.

You're too brave, man. Stay safe!
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next