Vibe
Myesyats
The Demon of Carthage
Zagadka
Robespierre
44 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 17 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by Pedram Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:05 pm

I like what Italy is doing, while it sounds extreme to quarantine an entire country it's probably the only way to slow down the spread of Coronavirus at this point.

Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 17 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by Zagadka Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:06 pm

This is truly mind-blowing...

None of us have ever seen such a thing in our lifetimes.

We as humans, for sure have failed the preparedness test.

How quickly the very basic things we take granted for everyday life change. Holy!

Maybe I should stop shaking hands and hugging people every day...
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:07 pm

Laughing Tancredi is a real generator of anxiety but in this phase he's useful because he takes away me fatigue to translate in English...

That' even more effective . NOT a great time to be alive

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:18 pm

Robespierre wrote:Serie A Prime Minister is talking

Very hard statement
Basically the whole Italy is closed now ( not just Lombardia and some provinciae) , it means travel bans for cities etc and of course Serie A league has been supended.

I didn't expect anything less after the south Italian exodus. They did a huge mistake by anouncing the Lombardy lockdown plans before it became official.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:29 pm

Been reports that the actor John travolta was taken to hospital with suspected Corona virus. A spokesman said John had chills they were multiplying and he was losing control. But it turns out the actor had nothing more than Saturday night fever and will be staying alive. :coffee:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:38 pm

not even surprised, i predicted shutdowns just a few hours earlier.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:58 pm

Didn't a lot of people just leave before the transport embargo?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:02 pm

Babun wrote:

Very hard statement
Basically the whole Italy is closed now ( not just Lombardia and some provinciae) , it means travel bans for cities etc and of course Serie A league  has been supended.

I didn't expect anything less after the south Italian exodus. They did a huge mistake by anouncing the Lombardy lockdown plans before it became official.

Yes  exactly. It was expected after it.

tbf this nationwide lockdown must be contextualized.
I mean , you can move for job, you can move for motivated needs ( grocery shopping, health reasons) , it is not a "total" lockdown

it's functional to avoid mass etc
it might seems a useless measure if Italy was a normal country but it's  that country where people have aperitif in place even in a   coronavirus era, so not a normal country, we 're talking about a country where civic sense is ABSENT ... so it's not useless in Italy
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:23 pm

Robespierre wrote:
Babun wrote:

Very hard statement
Basically the whole Italy is closed now ( not just Lombardia and some provinciae) , it means travel bans for cities etc and of course Serie A league  has been supended.

Yes  exactly. It was expected after it.

tbf this nationwide lockdown must be contextualized.
I mean , you can move for job, you can move for motivated needs ( grocery shopping, health reasons) , it is not a "total" lockdown

it's functional to avoid mass etc
it might seems a useless measure if Italy was a normal country but it's  that country where people have aperitif in place  even in a   coronavirus era, so not a normal country, we 're talking about  a country where civic sense is ABSENT ... so it's not useless in Italy
Not specific to Italy, generation Z doesn't understand rules, expects everything JUST IN TIME. I expect similar measures during advanced stages in all European countries, yeah even Germany.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:43 pm

Zagadka wrote:This is truly mind-blowing...

How quickly the very basic things we take granted for everyday life change. Holy!

Honestly we have stopped to make it in Italy for a while.
No hugs, no shaking hands ( today I've seen Solskjaer and Chong shaking hands and it sounded weird to me, it seems a old image in my eyes) ,

every bar or pub has safety distance for 1 metre from a table to another now

yesterday on Sky , players and managers 've been interviewed in  a safety distance, they've talked through special microphone and other things functional to mantain a "safety distance"

It's revolutioning everything , our habits are going to be revolutioned

Before El Gunner said how this virus has showed as people are fearful and fragile

probably it's because I've always lived in a Western country , vitiated from modernity, not used to  that avversity that can meet into Iranians or Africans, but it's something shocking

about the virus I don't fear for me, but worrying for my old dears.

scenario is devastating and sounds as dystopic. I mean invitation to stay at home, don't go out home
for at least month !

no footbal , no moving, no walking, no jogging, no gym, pubs and bar closed ... all the thing we didn't believe to see a day.
of course I am available to renounce to these things for common good, problem is about the general civic sense..

and  mainly  i couldn't expect to see my country going to collapse in just 2 weeks , every day you don't read about sensible improvement but +1500 infected etc etc

I mean it looks like something that will never end
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:03 pm

Robespierre wrote:
Zagadka wrote:This is truly mind-blowing...

Honestly we have stopped to make it in Italy for a while.
No hugs, no shaking hands ( today I've seen Solskjaer and Chong shaking hands and it sounded weird to me, it seems a old image in my eyes) ,

every bar or pub has safety distance for 1 metre from a table to another now

yesterday on Sky , players and managers 've been interviewed in  a safety distance, they've talked through special microphone and other things functional to mantain a "safety distance"

It's revolutioning everything , our habits are going to be revolutioned

Before El Gunner said how this virus has showed as people are fearful and fragile

probably it's because I've always lived in a Western country , vitiated from modernity, not used to  that avversity that can meet into Iranians or Africans, but it's something shocking

about the virus I don't fear for me, but worrying for my old dears.

scenario is devastating and sounds as dystopic. I mean invitation to stay at home, don't go out home
for at least  month !

no footbal , no moving, no walking, no jogging, no gym, pubs and bar closed ... all the thing we didn't believe to see a day.
of course I am available to renounce to these things for common good, problem is about the general civic sense..

and  mainly  i couldn't expect to see my country going to collapse in just 2 weeks , every day you don't read about sensible improvement but +1500 infected etc etc

I mean it looks like something that will never end

Dude, don't fall into depression, there'll be the day after tomorrow. As far as I know one still can jog alone in the park where no one else is present. Always exercise, even at home, this is the best way to get rid of the stress hormones (cortisol). Try to read and educate yourself further, the situation may feel suffocating but it has got benefits, too. You could watch all the series which piled up in the queue of watchables and read some useful books. The main point is keep yourself busy. I am preparing my list of body weight exercises and books as well. It is just a question of time before Germany reaches the stage, too.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:05 pm

Oh it will end, I think we can be sure of that.

Got a text from my Italian cousin today and her outlook is just as bleak as Robes'. Seems like everyone in Italy is feeling the same way.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:15 pm

The death rate is 3%.  It's very high in comparison to other things OF COURSE...  but I also think that the % is skewed up because most people who don't feel really ill aren't getting tested.

At the end of the day, it will probably land around 1%.

Stay safe...  but you have 97-99% chance of pulling through.

It's not the end of the world.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:24 pm

I don't think people here are necessarily worried about themselves. We're all in the age group that is virtually guaranteed to make it.

But if, through us, our older loved ones got it, that is cause for concern. I think that would definitely weigh on me.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:59 am

In general, we as humans and nation states haven't seen responses like this to anything for a while. Especially in the west.

Many of us are very young, which means we aren't at risk. But this is a stressful event for those in Italy or China (and soon to be elsewhere). I can understand where the doom and gloom comes from.

Hope you're doing alright Robes. Keep us in the loop. GL fam is thinking about you
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:14 am

Robes lad, DM me if u need toilet paper. I got yo back.

Well before Germany, the virus will probably explode in France and Spain.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:18 am

CBarca wrote:In general, we as humans and nation states haven't seen responses like this to anything for a while. Especially in the west.

Swine flu?  Was just back in 2009. Lesser internet and higher political turmoil though meant lack of spread of misinformation and travel.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:48 am

I do often wonder what swine flu would look like in the current climate. That was a question I asked myself a lot when I was more skeptical of coronavirus and the response to it.

But I don't recall swine flu shutting down a city like Wuhan. Or an entire country like Italy.

That's what I mean by "it's been a while".
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:03 am

CBarca wrote:I do often wonder what swine flu would look like in the current climate. That was a question I asked myself a lot when I was more skeptical of coronavirus and the response to it.

But I don't recall swine flu shutting down a city like Wuhan. Or an entire country like Italy.

That's what I mean by "it's been a while".

I think it would have been far worse, almost every country had about 20,000 cases, hell Italy had about 3 million cases then.

The mortality rate was quite low though so there was very little panic. Corona has killed 1/3rd the people during Swine flu in just 2 months.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:20 am

Never thought i'd see this in my life. Italy issueing a country-wide lockdown.

Stay safe @Robespierre
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:33 am

really sorry to hear guys, everyone just be very careful - avoid travels and events - just follow good hygiene practice - and call me old fashioned but just eat very healthy and balanced food so you have great deal of health and strength to begin with.

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:11 am

Went to work with a mask for my own safety and as a precaution. Everyone were staring at me like I was some infected person.

I was advised to go home and take rest

: )

Seriously though,  praying everyone stay safe and healthy.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:31 am

Hey guys so i just woke up 1,5 hours ago and I've been feeling a certain numbness in the hands, wouldnt call it "muscle pain" but numbness and tingling? Also I've been a little tired like I'm carrying something on my shoulders (haven't been to work or to the gym in the last 3 days)

No shortness of breath, no cough, no headache, no temperature.

Could it be something or just nerves playing tricks with me? I'm staying isolated
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:47 am

Don't be in an air conditioned room ever with full of people. Most people who got it in aeroplane and other events were in air conditioned room where the air was re circulated.

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:51 am

I've been staying away from areas full of people for about a month.....however, i've been touching a lot of banknotes though which are apparently very potent in spreading viruses.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:05 am

So why exactly is this virus apparently more deadly for Italians than other countries that test a lot?

https://time.com/5798168/coronavirus-mortality-rate/

Maybe this hysteria about a basically non-lethal virus is actually good. Since it would prepare us for an actually bad one in the future.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next