Vibe
Myesyats
The Demon of Carthage
Zagadka
Robespierre
44 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 28 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by Art Morte Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:44 am

^ that's inhumane.

If GL really has three cases (Rincorona, RealGoner, Firenze-19) I'm thinking that real global cases must be in tens of millions.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 28 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by El Gunner Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:52 am

Robespierre wrote:
The Demon of Carthage wrote:The Death toll from the coronavirus outbreak in Italy jumped by 189 to 1,016 in the last 24 hours  - a 23% rise.

What's happening in Italy is really heartbreaking, and it offers a preview of what's coming to the rest.

Days are long , you go to sleep with that sense of angoscia every day, you've anxiety to go out  (just for need here i'ts forbidden, police stops us and controls if it's motivated. otherwise financial penalty) because you feel to live in a danmed environment , you see other people , that dear people with which talked normally until yesterday with a mask on mouth. You go in a newstand or post office and it's  one at a time.
Streets are totally desert. You go by scooter and suddenly you aren't on street. You are the street. You are part of it . You're alone and sky seems to to commiserate with you.
It seems as that sky in that Blade Runner movie, worthy of a dystopic scenario. Life in the post-atomic world is cold and apathetic, they said, it is same now , we're living it but without atomic but due to an invisible virus.
the loss of normalcy and suddenly you idealize more and more everything you have experienced. Just now you realize what it means to lose the freedom to be , and you dream to see again that world you've always lived .

This is beautiful.
Should save it somewhere for the future generations to find and read.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:03 am

Art Morte wrote:^ that's inhumane.

If GL really has three cases (Rincorona, RealGoner, Firenze-19) I'm thinking that real global cases must be in tens of millions.

Laughing Laughing

i wish them to recover 100%
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:20 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:The Death toll from the coronavirus outbreak in Italy jumped by 189 to 1,016 in the last 24 hours  - a 23% rise.

What's happening in Italy is really heartbreaking, and it offers a preview of what's coming to the rest.

The numbers will go down, the total shutdown was 2 days ago, it means the number of new infected patients should decrease in 5-6 days from now on. Of course, the death toll will keep rising but I hope for Italy that by then they will start containing the problem. I also hope South Italy gets its shit together to keep the disease at bay.
RealGunner wrote:I think i may have it too. Sore throat, shortness of breath and cough...

No idea how i got it but i am suspecting it was at the gym.

Good luck and get well
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:32 am

so in Poland security lets only 50 people (or even less) simultaneously into a supermarket. The rest gathers in a line outside. Anywhere else the same?

Flashbacks of the communist era
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:33 am

Robespierre wrote:
Firenze wrote:90% sure I have it atm. pale Self isolating for a few days at least.
RealGunner wrote:I think i may have it too. Sore throat, shortness of breath and cough...

No idea how i got it but i am suspecting it was at the gym.

Oh, did you call doctor?
this is period of influence too.
I mean my sister's BF has fever etc . but it't coronavirus.

Advice is to self-isolate. They won't test unless symptoms are severe or i am at risk. Same for Firenze i think.

@Everyone

Thanks.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:55 am

Good luck to all of you

Also, will this finally convince anti-vax people that vaccines are absolutely crucial?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:17 am

^^ not really. Especially if the virus is a bioweapon conspiracy keeps spreading
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:24 am

Well, now that you've brought it up, I'm wondering as to whether anti-vaxxers, climate deniers and flat earthers are the same people?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:31 am

Anti-Vaxxers
Flat-earthers
Ones who think the virus is a bio-weapon

All Low IQ.

Makes you even worse if one would bother debating them.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:19 am

Arquitecto wrote:Anti-Vaxxers
Flat-earthers
Ones who think the virus is a bio-weapon

All Low IQ.

Makes you even worse if one would bother debating them.

Not a bioweapon, for that not effective enough. The possibility of a vaccination virus or other related virae for experiments developed in the Wuhan lab escaping exists which is located next to the Wuhan market.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:24 am

Myesyats wrote:so in Poland security lets only 50 people (or even less) simultaneously into a supermarket. The rest gathers in a line outside. Anywhere else the same?

Yes. In supermarket there's security that say you when you can enter .
In newstands or post office ( bar and pubs are closed instead) it's one at time
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:30 am

Robespierre wrote:
Myesyats wrote:so in Poland security lets only 50 people (or even less) simultaneously into a supermarket. The rest gathers in a line outside. Anywhere else the same?

Yes. In supermarket there's security that say you when you can enter .
In newstands or post office ( bar and pubs are closed instead) it's one at time

For example :

Safe distance between two persons, mask on part of the face, security say you when you can enter . That's going to the grocery store in 2020.

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 28 Esselunga
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:47 am

Babun wrote:
Bravo to the miss, she completely destroyed him.

It's also baffling that he did everything to try and dodge the question and if that lady wasn't a great questioner, he would've gotten away with it.

This is a public health emergency of international concern, the private health insurance status of a patient should not determine their treatment.

The healthcare system in the US is really crappy. Help those in need for god's sake, you have the budget for it.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:25 pm

@firenze @realgunner @rincon

Get well, absolutely let us know when you will be again fine
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:36 pm

Can't you go get tested? Or is it too costly/ they'll dismiss you since you have no info on how you could have contracted it?

Also isn't it normal flu season in Europe right now?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:03 pm

It's impossible to test everyone so they're testing mostly those with obvious symptoms I guess.

Likely to dismiss say a 28 year old in semi-good condition. Young people should just self isolate
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:10 pm

In the UK, you won't be tested unless you've developed serious symptoms. Our government believes it's "unnecessary" now. The WHO very much disagree.

The advice is to not even call the NHS anymore if you only have mild symptoms, and to instead use their online service which will just tell you stay at home.

Took this from the Independent:

Sir Patrick (Vallance, UK's chief science adviser) said modelling predicted a 20 to 25 per cent reduction in the peak of the epidemic through official advice for people to stay at home for a week if they have mild symptoms.

Moving to whole household isolation adds an extra 25 per cent reduction, while preventing the elderly from getting infected could reduce death rates by 20 to 30 per cent, he added.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-update-testing-news-herd-immunity-who-uk-cases-map-a9402051.html

They're playing the long game and banking on herd immunity to slow the virus down. Basically, "take it on the chin", as Boris once put it, and hope people are sensible enough to follow advice and not give the virus to the really vulnerable.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:24 pm

Good.......

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:41 pm

What does that say?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:45 pm

Nishankly wrote:Can't you go get tested? Or is it too costly/ they'll dismiss you since you have no info on how you could have contracted it?

Also isn't it normal flu season in Europe right now?

There are not enough tests. They are basicslly running them as fast as they can it seems like. So basically unless you need to be hospitalized you won't get tested.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:58 pm

Myesyats wrote:What does that say?

It's the yellow vests movement for economic justice (or so they claim).

They decided to go through with their protests even though the French government banned public gatherings and specifically told its citizens to stay home in order to halt the spread of the coronavirus.

Pretty irresponsible, but what are you gonna do?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:05 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:

They decided to go through with their protests even though the French government banned public gatherings and specifically told its citizens to stay home in order to halt the spread of the coronavirus.

shoot them.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:09 pm

Laughing
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:13 pm

i commend them :bow:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:21 pm

Unique wrote:

shoot them.

Shooting down peaceful protesters?
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next