urbaNRoots
SamuelJayC
Nishankly
Sri
El Gunner
54 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by JGUNZ Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:23 pm

just a quick reality check ok...... rooney will go to chealsea, higuain to napoli and suarez to real.. where goes that leaves us... i think we really should have gone in for bony,, maybe we can still try to get either torres or ba...

JGUNZ
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sina Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:34 pm

LFC Transfer Update ‏@TransferUpdate

Source: Luis Suarez is set to hand in a transfer request in a bid to force a move away from Anfield.

any reliable? :fishing: :whistle: 
dem desperate times Embarassed 
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:43 pm

lol some parody account by the looks of it
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:47 pm

50 mil for Suarez
rofl rofl rofl

It's as if his multitude of titanic flaws actually ADD to his sale value instead of detract
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:51 pm

I pray we don't get Suarez!

£35m for Suarez but won't go near £25m for Higuain? A valid argument could be made that Suarez is the better player. However, imo, Higuain is more of a 'team player' - someone that will suit our style better.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:53 pm

Giroud doesn't come close to Dzeko at all; Laughable statement.

For someone with your apparent knowledge, you've clearly shown you're not very impartial

It's hardly laughable when Giroud has scored more goals than Dzeko in the last two years. I'm aware Dzeko has been in and out the City side, but he's never reached the level he was at while he was at Wolfsburg. If he were at that level, I'd agree with your statement; Giroud wouldn't come close to him. But now? I see two strikers with similar qualities and a small difference in ability.

For what it's worth, I do rate Dzeko higher than I do Giroud, but not so much that I think it's worth signing him, especially not when Giroud shows signs of being a better striker than he was last season and is a better fit for our system, even if he himself is not ideal.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:14 pm

Dzeko is miles better than Giroud. He was the original Lewandowski.

Would thrive elsewhere where's he's first option.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:21 pm

Dzeko will end up at WBA next season. Or at some Serie A minnow club. Better than Giroud Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:51 pm

Lex wrote:Dzeko will end up at WBA next season. Or at some Serie A minnow club. Better than Giroud Laughing

Can't tell if this is serious or not WBA / a minor Serie A club, I'm not a massive fan of either player but Dzeko is easily better.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:00 pm

I'll still bang the drum a little for Jackson Martinez, should the other options (Hig/Roo/Suarez) fail to pan out. Not cheap, and not at the expense of one of the other three ... but probably better than any cheap available options to add to the squad's attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn_4FKyv-ik (video of his 34 goals in 2012-2013).

Dzeko is a very good player who hasn't gotten at Man City the chances/support that would help him. (Mind you, if I were to choose a #1 striker between Dzeko and Aguero, I would have gone with the latter, too.) If he went to a club like WBA he'd boss things.

Who knows if Dzeko will leave Man City, and for what price. But it hypothetically reminds me, a little bit, of the Berbatov situation - terrific player who ended up being a little outshone at Man Utd despite his clear quality. And then he goes to Fulham for a paltry fee. (Faint echoes of Villa-to-Atletico too.)

There are some players who are good enough to be deadly attackers, and even potential legends, at mid-table or EL clubs who IMO would do better there than to play second fiddle at the very highest level. Dzeko may be one of those.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:23 pm

Wenger on Fàbregas: "Fàbregas has decided to stay one more year at Barceona. We have the clause in the contract so we would be on alert, but at the moment that's not something we're after."

Wenger on Rooney: "It happened to us (losing a great player in van Persie), and it can happen to them."

Quotes are genuine, from the Guardian. Link soon.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:26 pm

All Cesc,Lars&Reus will be comin home next summer Proud The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 13 Mike110

even if he wanted to leave this summer would Barca sell,dont think so
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:29 pm

Best quote in tomorrow's Guardian has to be:

"We are not close to signing anyone."

Fantastic.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:30 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Wenger on Fàbregas: "Fàbregas has decided to stay one more year at Barceona. We have the clause in the contract so we would be on alert, but at the moment that's not something we're after."

Wenger on Rooney: "It happened to us (losing a great player in van Persie), and it can happen to them."

Quotes are genuine, from the Guardian. Link soon.

Wenger's quote on Rooney is interesting. He didn't deny it at all.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:36 pm

Apparently Wenger also said we could pay Rooney's wages. hmm

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:37 pm

Abramovich wrote:
Lex wrote:Dzeko will end up at WBA next season. Or at some Serie A minnow club. Better than Giroud Laughing

Can't tell if this is serious or not WBA / a minor Serie A club, I'm not a massive fan of either player but Dzeko is easily better.
Based on what, exactly? scratch
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:42 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Best quote in tomorrow's Guardian has to be:

"We are not close to signing anyone."

Fantastic.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f43/16/93/79/64/37329810.gif
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:44 pm

It's just Wenger being Wenger. Guy is about as reliable as your average twitter Internet Bullshit Artist when it comes to transfers.

Gazidis is apparently flying back to London form Asia.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:46 pm

A bit of tapping up would be good, Wilshere should come out and say Rooney wants to come to Arsenal :coffee: 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:47 pm

There're reports tonight that Madrid have raised their asking price for Higuain to £37mil.

Starting to price themselves out of a sale now, surely?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:51 pm

Lex wrote:
Abramovich wrote:

Based on a non bias view, I understand you love Arsenal and you are bias most of the time but when other Arsenal fans on this thread also think Dzeko is better you have to reconsider your statement.

The WBA link is just seriously underrating him, he would start for any team in the PL bar the Manchester clubs and if you consider Arsenal to be WBA or a minnow Serie A club level then what ever makes you happy.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:53 pm

"Close to signing someone" is a pretty vague statement, open to interpretation. Given how close to the chest Wenger plays his cards, it's conceivable that he's telling a technical truth, but that the club do have one or two things lined up that some people (just not Wenger in public) would say are "close."

/optimistic part of the brain.

GoonerJay29 wrote:There're reports tonight that Madrid have raised their asking price for Higuain to £37mil.

Starting to price themselves out of a sale now, surely?

They know that he's a hot commodity but oil clubs aren't going in for him so there's a limit to how high they could try to push this, I think.

FWIW, £37m is roughly where transfermarkt.co.uk put Higuain's value over this past season. Not that it's a final authority or anything like that, but it does reflect something I thought when the Arsenal-Higgy stories first broke, which was that £20-ish million seemed like a price too good to be true.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:00 pm

I honestly believe that our bid for Suarez and Napoli's transfer budget becoming public hasn't helped this situation at all. Madrid know that the interested clubs can pay up if they want to and that they'd be more willing to as the days go by.

Highly frustrating for all involved but such is the way of the modern day transfer market.

Wenger's recent quote on this is actually spot-on:

“The competition in Europe is very hard at the moment. There’s a lot of money and not many players.”

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:04 pm

Abramovich wrote:
Lex wrote:
Abramovich wrote:

Based on a non bias view, I understand you love Arsenal and you are bias most of the time but when other Arsenal fans on this thread also think Dzeko is better you have to reconsider your statement.

The WBA link is just seriously underrating him, he would start for any team in the PL bar the Manchester clubs and if you consider Arsenal to be WBA or a minnow Serie A club level then what ever makes you happy.
So, in other words, nothing. Sure as hell can't be stats, since Giroud betters Dzeko on all fronts

inbe4buthesanimpactsub
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoReus Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:08 pm

looks like no higuain Sad
MarcoReus
MarcoReus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:10 pm

Wenger: "I admire every top striker. We push every week. We're working on transfers, but we're not close to anybody."

Arsenal favourites to sign Luis Suárez. Club preparing £40m bid. Higuaín interest has dropped off as #AFC confident of Suárez deal.

http://bit.ly/12HUuoq

--

Real Madrid told Arsenal & Napoli on Wednesday that Gonzalo Higuaín will cost them €40m (£37m). http://t.co/j66zboWELV
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next