urbaNRoots
SamuelJayC
Nishankly
Sri
El Gunner
54 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:10 pm

Wenger: "I admire every top striker. We push every week. We're working on transfers, but we're not close to anybody."

Arsenal favourites to sign Luis Suárez. Club preparing £40m bid. Higuaín interest has dropped off as #AFC confident of Suárez deal.

http://bit.ly/12HUuoq

--

Real Madrid told Arsenal & Napoli on Wednesday that Gonzalo Higuaín will cost them €40m (£37m). http://t.co/j66zboWELV

SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:13 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Wenger: "I admire every top striker. We push every week. We're working on transfers, but we're not close to anybody."

Arsenal favourites to sign Luis Suárez. Club preparing £40m bid. Higuaín interest has dropped off as #AFC confident of Suárez deal.

Even if it's the mirror

cheers
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:17 pm

César (£1.5m), Gustavo (£15m) & Luis Suárez (£40m) Thumbs up Thumbs up 
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:20 pm

Lex wrote:
Abramovich wrote:
Lex wrote:
Based on what, exactly? scratch

Based on a non bias view, I understand you love Arsenal and you are bias most of the time but when other Arsenal fans on this thread also think Dzeko is better you have to reconsider your statement.

The WBA link is just seriously underrating him, he would start for any team in the PL bar the Manchester clubs and if you consider Arsenal to be WBA or a minnow Serie A club level then what ever makes you happy.
So, in other words, nothing. Sure as hell can't be stats, since Giroud betters Dzeko on all fronts

inbe4buthesanimpactsub

I've already stated why and so you base everything on stats? All my points were valid, but whatever you can live in your delusional biased world.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoReus Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:35 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:César (£1.5m), Gustavo (£15m) & Luis Suárez (£40m) Thumbs up Thumbs up 

this would be a great transfer window to be honest
MarcoReus
MarcoReus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:00 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
Giroud doesn't come close to Dzeko at all; Laughable statement.

For someone with your apparent knowledge, you've clearly shown you're not very impartial

It's hardly laughable when Giroud has scored more goals than Dzeko in the last two years. I'm aware Dzeko has been in and out the City side, but he's never reached the level he was at while he was at Wolfsburg. If he were at that level, I'd agree with your statement; Giroud wouldn't come close to him. But now? I see two strikers with similar qualities and a small difference in ability.

For what it's worth, I do rate Dzeko higher than I do Giroud, but not so much that I think it's worth signing him, especially not when Giroud shows signs of being a better striker than he was last season and is a better fit for our system, even if he himself is not ideal.

Giroud still lacks a lot of fundamental attributes that Dzeko has already mastered. Literally making the ball stick; being very cinical in front of goal against top teams; and actually looking like he want to play as opposed to losing the ball and throwing up his arms.

From what I've seen from Giroud he isn't a first class/first choice striker - nor do I think he'll ever be.
I'd flog Giroud in a heart beat for Dzeko.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:04 pm

I'm going to apply a bit of perspective as to why I further feel that Wenger has lost it:

He could actually be on the brink of blowing close to £40m on Suarez.

fooking pathetic.

/End
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:06 pm

I've always maintained Giroud would shine in this upcoming season. His link-up play is outstanding and he's become more fierce in front of goal, albeit against mediocre sides. It was always a matter of him becoming comfortable and the team playing to his strengths as Montpellier did in their title-winning season. He had a 20+ goal season and the stats didn't show how vital he was to their success, literally the entire Montpellier attack was centered around his distribution of the ball and his movement. I feel that with a season under his belt he can be that important to us.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:14 pm

Goal.com reporting Vermaelen is out with a fractured back.

Pray that Ashley 'clumsy' Williams doesn't come anywhere near Arsenal. Such a lame mediocre signing if you ask me. Still don't know why we didn't get Mbiwa when we had the chance. What about Otamendi ffs?!
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:27 pm

SUPERCARTTS wrote:Giroud still lacks a lot of fundamental attributes that Dzeko has already mastered. Literally making the ball stick; being very cinical in front of goal against top teams; and actually looking like he want to play as opposed to losing the ball and throwing up his arms.

From what I've seen from Giroud he isn't a first class/first choice striker - nor do I think he'll ever be.

I agree with Dzeko being more clinical but as far as hold up and link up goes, I find Dzeko to be quite clumsy. Giroud does that side of things better.

I don't think we'd be having this debate had Giroud put away a few more of his chances last season. If this becomes a continuing trend then obviously we need to look else where, but given that last season was his first season in a new league with new pressures means we can excuse him somewhat. We've all seen how players improve season-by-season; none of us predicted van Persie would become such a prolific scorer, for example.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:28 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:It's just Wenger being Wenger. Guy is about as reliable as your average twitter Internet Bullshit Artist when it comes to transfers.

Gazidis is apparently flying back to London form Asia.
l dunno, he was correct about the Yaya Sanogo signing ... Razz
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:41 pm

There's a bit of speculation going around that Madrid want £37mil for Higuain so they can reinvest that directly into buying Suarez; what with Arsenal seemingly willing to spend £40mil on a player...

All fun and games.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:52 pm

Laughing

They want us to pay for Suarez in other words so they can have him Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:54 pm

@Goonerjay

Well he deserves the benefit of the doubt - granted. My opinions still remain of gourse.

I just feel like we could've averted all these lingering problem had Wenger just spent the money we so obviously had.

Madrid asking for more money is just, because they're probably slightly confused by our reluctance to reach £25m, yet we're looking north of £35m to offer for Suarez
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:55 pm

Giroud wrote: “Luis Suarez is someone with whom I could form a good understanding on the pitch."
“So I am in favour of him coming to Arsenal and I am not afraid of the competition for places his arrival would bring about."
Proud
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:03 pm

Laughing

They want us to pay for Suarez in other words so they can have him Laughing

So the theory goes. I suppose if this was true, they'd be banking on Liverpool not accepting our offer.

Well he deserves the benefit of the doubt - granted. My opinions still remain of gourse.

I just feel like we could've averted all these lingering problem had Wenger just spent the money we so obviously had.

Yeah, I agree. Wenger took the cautious approach in replacing van Persie with Podolski and Giroud instead of going all out on a high quality replacement and despite those two scoring 33 goals between them, it only achieved a bare minimum top four finish.

We just have to hope now the club gets that quality striker. Even though I believe Giroud will have a better year, I can't see us challenging without one.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:09 pm

John Cross ‏

In talking to Wenger on Cesc last night (bearing in mind they remain close), I got distinct impression he thinks Fabregas staying at Barca. Also never heard such nonsense about where u should and shouldn't be to do transfers. What about mobile phones? #afc got 3 balls in the air.

3 balls, i'd assume Suarez, Rooney and Higuain?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:48 am

Why are some of you thinking Dzeko is on the way out?

He's signing a new deal at City.

Even he's out of bounds for us!

Never mind...we could always try for Welbeck.

Joke of course.
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:06 am

The problem was not that attack last year... Arsenal struggled in ball recovery for significant periods. In crucial games, they gave up a lot of early goals as a result of it.

Arsenal needs a DM. Arteta is not athletic enough.

Also, Vermaelen started over Koscielny for a very long time, which cost Arsenal a lot of points.

Capoue can be had for 10 mil and Atletico Madrid are on it. I don't understand why Wenger doesn't jump on that.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:28 am

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 14 BPdMgzJCUAAjFnT
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:13 am

Giroud,said: “Luis Suarez is someone with whom I could form a good understanding on the pitch.

“So I am in favour of him coming to Arsenal and I am not afraid of the competition for places his arrival would bring about.
Thumbs up Thumbs up 

Wenger said: “It happened to us last year and it can happen to them.

“Rooney is under contract and has two years to go so it’s United who make the decision.

“But we would not have a problem with the wages of Rooney.”
Suspect Thumbs up 

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:23 am

We lost Mata to Chelsea, and we'll miss out on Higuain who'll go to Chelsea as well.

Book it.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:10 am

@MickTheGooner

While, Arsenal have spent a total of £232m on transfers in the last 10 years... PSG has spent £240.6m since last summer!

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:12 am

And frighteningly enough, we've both won the same number of league titles in that time. Neutral  

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:55 am

Except that PSG have been at it for only 2 years and this being the 3rd... not 10 years. So 1 title and CL quarters where they lost to barca in the last 15 mins is pretty good i'd say. Teams fear PSG... not so much Arsenal anymore. There isn't a player on Arsenal right now that any team needs to specifically develop tactics for.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:05 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:
SUPERCARTTS wrote:Giroud still lacks a lot of fundamental attributes that Dzeko has already mastered. Literally making the ball stick; being very cinical in front of goal against top teams; and actually looking like he want to play as opposed to losing the ball and throwing up his arms.

I agree with Dzeko being more clinical but as far as hold up and link up goes, I find Dzeko to be quite clumsy. Giroud does that side of things better.

I don't think we'd be having this debate had Giroud put away a few more of his chances last season. If this becomes a continuing trend then obviously we need to look else where, but given that last season was his first season in a new league with new pressures means we can excuse him somewhat. We've all seen how players improve season-by-season; none of us predicted van Persie would become such a prolific scorer, for example.
underestimating Giroud.. Dzeko may be more clinical in tbe box, but overall Giroud is a better player..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next