urbaNRoots
SamuelJayC
Nishankly
Sri
El Gunner
54 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Chumlum Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:15 pm

EL Patron wrote:Right now would be a good time to sign a centre half, Koscielny's injury seems like a warning of things to come.

Titus Bramble is without a club now, isn't he?

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 26 Trollface

Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:15 pm

I'd say sign a very good CB and sign someone with potential so two in total. Miquel, i am not sure.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:28 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
I know you're trying to be very sensible and trying to speak from your mind rather than your heart but you'll have to agree that we've missed out on Jo-Jo like we did with Mata.

I'll readily agree to that if we can't get anyone else.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, though.

Reliable?

Nope. Though knowing our luck...

Anyway, seeing lots of links with wingers this morning. Am I the only one who thinks we don't actually need one?

You mean a striker?
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:29 pm

Ideally, we'd sign a centre back who could also play full-back. Or a defensive midfielder who can play centre back and full back as well, but I don't think those exist...

Here's what the Internet Bullshit Artists are saying today:

@GeoffArsenal says we'll bid £41mil for Suarez on Monday. Also says that Suarez could hand in a transfer request in the next 48 hours. Tweets have since been deleted to cover his own arse, though.

@abrokediaby is still saying Cesc to Arsenal is done. @opiniondan is echoing that. Evidently this deal is so secret that not even Man Utd know about it, which is why they continue to make bids for a player that's already set to move. Obviously.

@abrokediaby also says we, and a couple other clubs, have had a bid accepted for Bernard.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:31 pm

abrokediaby changed his account btw. It's 'Wayne Gooney' now lol.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:32 pm

Wonder if we are still using Suarez as a smokescreen for Higuain
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:41 pm

Worried Wenger will go for a cheap option a la Squillaci not to disrupt what we already have:( 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:48 pm

Miquel for sure is not good enough, makes way too many mistakes and just looks lots all the time. im not even sure he's good enough to play at pl or championship level. league 1/ 3rd division laliga level at best.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by JGUNZ Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:50 pm

AFC will never sign a player for over 25m£. I thinks that the secret rule to having arsenal DNA is to come cheap

JGUNZ
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:05 pm

who has listened to Podcast?
pls summarize what Geoff said about Transfers.
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:08 pm

Just ask Koscielny which striker he would rather avoid facing?and sign the answer(you know whom)
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:23 pm

John Cross: "Wenger has spoken to Fabregas. If Man U have bid accepted, I just feel Arsenal will pursue it. They have clause at fixed price."
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:27 pm

called it a month ago :coffee:

<-------------
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:30 pm

Your still signing no one brah.

Just like we are banana
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:58 pm

Not true. We've signed Yaya Sanogo. :coffee:

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:04 pm

We have signed some French kid too :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:08 pm

Mole's realism was lacking in this thread Proud
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:22 pm

http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/20/arsenal-tell-julio-cesar-he-must-take-a-pay-cut-to-complete-gunners-move-3891199/

.......He currently earns around £45,000-a-week at QPR, which is topped up by performance-related bonuses, and he is refusing to accept anything less at a new club.

Arsenal are prepared to do business if Cesar accepts a straight £30,000-a-week deal, and have told him to hurry up and make a decision.......

confused regarding the wages.. that is pretty cheap for a Brazils no.1 GK who is also a CL winner.. he should have earned more than this at Inter Milan ?
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:26 pm

Wilson37 wrote:http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/20/arsenal-tell-julio-cesar-he-must-take-a-pay-cut-to-complete-gunners-move-3891199/

.......He currently earns around £45,000-a-week at QPR, which is topped up by performance-related bonuses, and he is refusing to accept anything less at a new club.

Arsenal are prepared to do business if Cesar accepts a straight £30,000-a-week deal, and have told him to hurry up and make a decision.......

confused regarding the wages.. that is pretty cheap for a Brazils no.1 GK who is also a CL winner.. he should have earned more than this at Inter Milan ?

lol pay-cut? this is a joke. why would he take a pay cut?

The transfer window is slowly becoming a guess game, no one knows what the hell is going on.

Geoff is making up shit, and hoping it becomes true, what sack shit. I just cant wait for season to start, cant wait to watch us play very week again.

the race for top 4 should be fun.lol

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:31 pm

I thought his wages were closer to £100k? Sign him up ffs and sell Fabianski, is he really happy to stay? Laughing :facepalm:

Also we don't need a CB, unless Wenger is lying about Vermaelen's injury and he'll miss most of the season. Which is possible, knowing Wenger...
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:31 pm

EL Patron wrote:Worried Wenger will go for a cheap option a la Squillaci not to disrupt what we already have:( 

I hope not, We cant afford any more deadwood.lol

If we do go for cheaper option, hope its from Germany for Spain.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:50 pm

Report from the Metro. This is the same paper which said we had signed Joe Cole. Laughing

If the club doesn't sign Cesar I doubt wages would be the reason. It's more likely that we're just not looking at a stop-gap solution in goal. We've made enquiries into Alex McCarthy and there's a chasm of experience between him and Cesar; that says to me that if we're looking at keepers, we're looking for someone who can either be potentially better than Szczesny or is better and can hold down the no. 1 spot for several seasons. Otherwise, we'll just stick with Szczesny.

Also we don't need a CB, unless Wenger is lying about Vermaelen's injury and he'll miss most of the season. Which is possible, knowing Wenger...

I think we need a decent fourth choice centre back since Miquel isn't good enough to step up to the role and I don't trust Sagna or Jenkinson to play that on a consistent basis. Hell, I'm not sure I even trust Vermaelen that much. Imagine if Koscielny gets injured and Vermaelen doesn't find his form again... we'd definitely be short there.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:53 pm

Di Marzio: Napoli & Real Madrid have reached an agreement for the transfer of Gonzalo Higuaín at €37m

I'm done :facepalm:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:56 pm

Its the racist or nothing I guess
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:57 pm

Next striker to be linked with Arsenal, "He is still better than Suarez".
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:04 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Di Marzio: Napoli & Real Madrid have reached an agreement for the transfer of Gonzalo Higuaín at €37m

I'm done :facepalm:

€37 million

come get Rooney ffs Abramovich Proud £50 million
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next