urbaNRoots
SamuelJayC
Nishankly
Sri
El Gunner
54 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sina Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:19 pm

so what if MU offer us Rooney in an attempt to stop us from from activating Cesc buy-back(assuming he was on the move)
Cesc anyday

---Gustavo----Jack--
Theo---Cesc----Santi
------Suarez--------

make it happen Smile

Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:37 pm

Can any of you see Cesc joining united?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:45 pm

never thought Dutch bloke would join them either Sad
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:49 pm

I can't see Cesc leaving this summer. Contrary to what reports are saying, he still has every desire to succeed at Barcelona and the only way I can see Barcelona selling is if they receive an offer that's too good to refuse. £26mil wouldn't be enough.

Barcelona have already lost Thiago, so not for one second do I believe they'll sell Cesc, even for "financial reasons".

If they still can't find a role for him this upcoming season, then I think he may go the following summer. This summer, in my opinion, is too soon for him to be giving up on Barcelona.

The sentimental side of me likes to think that Cesc would not join Man Utd, but sentiment has been long dead in this game. Players will go where the money and trophies are, regardless of whether that team is in direct competition with a former employer or a rival club.

-------------

Just seen some interesting quotes from Mourinho. He said that Rooney is the only player they've bid for, and when asked "so Rooney or bust, then?" he replied: "Yes".

So it seems we can rule them out of the running for Higuain and Suarez. Things can change very quickly, of course, but it'd be a boost to us to have one less team involved in this merry-go-round.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:53 pm

RealGunner wrote:Can any of you see Cesc joining united?

I cant see this ever happening. Cesc has won Major trophies why would he join United while Wenger is in Charge and we are on right path. I am sure he watched The King come back and he would love to do the same one day.  Joining Manu will hurt his legacy and he knows that. Why would he leave Barcelona now when they can win everything and join Man u?
He knew getting minutes at Barcelona wont be easy, and he has to fight for it.

Cesc“Apart from Arsenal and Barcelona, I don’t see myself playing anywhere else. I will definitely be going back (to Arsenal) whenever I have time to watch games and to see the guys… and if there one place to go back to (to play), it is Arsenal for sure.”

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 12 Cesc-throws-down-united-shirt

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:58 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:I can't see Cesc leaving this summer. Contrary to what reports are saying, he still has every desire to succeed at Barcelona and the only way I can see Barcelona selling is if they receive an offer that's too good to refuse. £26mil wouldn't be enough.

Barcelona have already lost Thiago, so not for one second do I believe they'll sell Cesc, even for "financial reasons".

If they still can't find a role for him this upcoming season, then I think he may go the following summer. This summer, in my opinion, is too soon for him to be giving up on Barcelona.

The sentimental side of me likes to think that Cesc would not join Man Utd, but sentiment has been long dead in this game. Players will go where the money and trophies are, regardless of whether that team is in direct competition with a former employer or a rival club.

-------------

Just seen some interesting quotes from Mourinho. He said that Rooney is the only player they've bid for, and when asked "so Rooney or bust, then?" he replied: "Yes".

So it seems we can rule them out of the running for Higuain and Suarez. Things can change very quickly, of course, but it'd be a boost to us to have one less team involved in this merry-go-round.

Well said.

I hope we can convince Rooney to join us instead.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:01 pm

wage issue must be considered when fees are thrown around, think Rooney earns almost twice as much as Suarez
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:05 pm

I'm sure Cesc is staying and will probably retire there. Xavi is on a decline and he's going to start over him this season more often, Thiago isn't on his way anymore so that's a plus. Cesc will replace Xavi in the national team aswell, that way he'll be happy, Tito will be happy and Rosell will be happy. No chance he's leaving imo.

If it doesn't work out for him at Barcelona I can easily see him go to Man Utd and I won't care as long as we get our own targets.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:15 pm

Can't see Cesc doing any of that tbh. He's not good enough as a CM. Thiago was far and away a better CM than Cesc at Barca. Now that he's going to Bayern and will play there I can see him taking over for Xavi at the national level too. Or, I see him being good enough and playing well enough where he deserves it, at least.

Barcelona :facepalm:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:18 pm

Won't be surprised if Cesc joins United.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:26 pm

i have given up on Cesc return.. there was a real possibility that Barca could convince Thiago to stay by offering him more gametime and sell Cesc.. but i am surprised that they let Thiago let go easily.. so it is over for us atleast this summer..
and i am happy to hear that Chelsea bid for Rooney.. so no way they are going to sell him to us cheaply and Chelsea will offer massive wages which Rooney wont get at Arsenal.. so that rules him out... makes me happy.. Laughing 
so Cesc out, Rooney out, Cavani out, Higuain, Fellaini and Jovetic not anywhere near as the rumours said.. and someone please take away Suarez also away from us... tbh, i am really not happy about the players linked to us this summer..
the truth is that no one knows whether any of these were our targets... f** the media and all the twatters who create rumours.. Mad 
and i am sure Wenger will surprise us as he usually does.. bounce 
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:48 pm

Negredo joining City, hopefully this means Jovetic deal is off Proud
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:49 pm

Wilshere + £10 million for Rooney.....make it happen Wenger Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:54 pm

From what I can gather, the situation is currently this:

Chelsea want Rooney and it seems he's their only forward target. They've made an official bid but Man Utd rejected it. Chelsea won't make an improved bid and chances are things won't progress until Rooney makes an official transfer request.

I don't know if Arsenal are still interested or not, but the same would apply to us. Any bid from us now would be rejected. Rooney will have to hand in a transfer request for us to have any chance.

Napoli want Damiao or Higuain - I can't see them buying both. I've no idea which one they prefer, but De Laurentiis said those two are there options to replace Cavani and they've got money to burn; over £100mil, apparently.

Arsenal want Suarez but like with the Rooney saga, Suarez will probably need to hand in a transfer request for any significant progress to be made and even then, it's going to take a lot of money to get him - money that Madrid would probably be more willing to pay. I haven't seen any concrete evidence that Madrid are after Suarez, but given that the only other top striker they feasibly go after is Ibrahimovic, I wouldn't be surprised if they were.

Higuain appears to be Arsenal's fall-back option should the Suarez deal not work out but it's uncertain whether he'll still be an option should that happen. It's possible that even if Napoli had a bid accepted for Higuain, the player and his people may wait to see if Arsenal follow up on their interest. But there's no gurantee Arsenal will do that, especially if there's a chance of the Suarez deal still happening.

So...

Worst case scenario: Higuain goes to Napoli, Suarez goes to Madrid and Rooney goes to Chelsea, leaving us with only Giroud and Sanogo as our strikers this season.

Mid-case scenario: Above transfers happens (or they all stay at their respective clubs), but Arsenal sign someone like Dzeko, Soldado or Yilmaz; very good strikers in their own right, but not huge improvement on Giroud.

Best case scenario: Arsenal sign one of Suarez, Rooney or Higuain. No matter who you prefer, each of them would represent a massive coup for the club and be an improvement on what we have.

Negredo joining City, hopefully this means Jovetic deal is off

They're trying to sign Jovetic as well.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:08 pm

Basically.

It's showtime.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:11 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:

Worst case scenario: Higuain goes to Napoli, Suarez goes to Madrid and Rooney goes to Chelsea, leaving us with only Giroud and Sanogo as our strikers this season.

Mid-case scenario: Above transfers happens (or they all stay at their respective clubs), but Arsenal sign someone like Dzeko, Soldado or Yilmaz; very good strikers in their own right, but not huge improvement on Giroud.

Best case scenario: Arsenal sign one of Suarez, Rooney or Higuain. No matter who you prefer, each of them would represent a massive coup for the club and be an improvement on what we have.

The worst case scenario seems the most likely lol.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:13 pm

My Higuain - Jovetic dream attack Sad
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:21 pm

Jovetic is all but off to City.Wages have been agreed ,close agreement in regards to transfer fees as well.Everything's almost done.

I even saw a video where he greets some close colleagues in Florence and ADL confirmed today that Jovetic is off to England.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:30 pm

RealGunner wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:

Worst case scenario: Higuain goes to Napoli, Suarez goes to Madrid and Rooney stays at United and Cesc joins United, leaving us with only Giroud and Sanogo as our strikers this season.

The worst case scenario seems the most likely lol.

the real worst case scenario Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:33 pm

RealGunner wrote:The worst case scenario seems the most likely lol.

Seems that way. I've got a feeling that Wenger wants a striker than can compliment and play alongside Giroud rather than outright replace him, which is perhaps why he's going after Suarez instead of Higuain.

the real worst case scenario

That's the stuff of nightmares. No

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:37 pm

You guys are going nowhere unless you offer 50 mil for Suarez. Liverpool have no intention to sell at a discount. Offering less is just wasting time.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:16 pm

Just give United 35m for Rooney. They'll probably accept.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:20 pm

@GeoffArsenal: Arsenal monitoring the situation at Cfc regarding Mata & Hazard. Rumours are that one or the other will be surplus to Jose's plans.

Sounds utterly unbelievable tbh. Why would either of them be surplus to Mourinho's plans?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:21 pm

lol i am done
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:21 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:From what I can gather, the situation is currently this:

Chelsea want Rooney and it seems he's their only forward target. They've made an official bid but Man Utd rejected it. Chelsea won't make an improved bid and chances are things won't progress until Rooney makes an official transfer request.

I don't know if Arsenal are still interested or not, but the same would apply to us. Any bid from us now would be rejected. Rooney will have to hand in a transfer request for us to have any chance.

Napoli want Damiao or Higuain - I can't see them buying both. I've no idea which one they prefer, but De Laurentiis said those two are there options to replace Cavani and they've got money to burn; over £100mil, apparently.

Arsenal want Suarez but like with the Rooney saga, Suarez will probably need to hand in a transfer request for any significant progress to be made and even then, it's going to take a lot of money to get him - money that Madrid would probably be more willing to pay. I haven't seen any concrete evidence that Madrid are after Suarez, but given that the only other top striker they feasibly go after is Ibrahimovic, I wouldn't be surprised if they were.

Higuain appears to be Arsenal's fall-back option should the Suarez deal not work out but it's uncertain whether he'll still be an option should that happen. It's possible that even if Napoli had a bid accepted for Higuain, the player and his people may wait to see if Arsenal follow up on their interest. But there's no gurantee Arsenal will do that, especially if there's a chance of the Suarez deal still happening.

So...

Negredo joining City, hopefully this means Jovetic deal is off

They're trying to sign Jovetic as well.

Giroud doesn't come close to Dzeko at all; Laughable statement.

For someone with your apparent knowledge, you've clearly shown you're not very impartial
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by JGUNZ Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:23 pm

just a quick reality check ok...... rooney will go to chealsea, higuain to napoli and suarez to real.. where goes that leaves us... i think we really should have gone in for bony,, maybe we can still try to get either torres or ba...

JGUNZ
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next