Jay29
RealGunner
urbaNRoots
Sina
SamuelJayC
58 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Chumlum Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:17 pm

EL Patron wrote:Higuain will flop then go back to Spain, I'd settle for Jovetic and Villa :coffee:

But by what standards do you make this prediction? What about Higuain makes you think he'll flop, particularly when we've seen in recent years - time and again - that La Liga players come and do really well in England?

Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sina Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:27 pm

Spoiler:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:28 pm

Chumlum wrote:
EL Patron wrote:Higuain will flop then go back to Spain, I'd settle for Jovetic and Villa :coffee:

But by what standards do you make this prediction? What about Higuain makes you think he'll flop, particularly when we've seen in recent years - time and again - that La Liga players come and do really well in England?

Higuain needs support and service to shine, judging by the way we play here he'd struggle to get that here.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:32 pm

New edit
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:37 pm

Fair enough, though that's more of a reflection on the rest of the squad. If Wilshere, Ox, etc., were to show improvement by August and if there were (for example) a good signing on the wings, would you be more confident?
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:41 pm

Sagna: Contract talks ongoing

It’s usual for Arsenal fans to deal with speculation about high profile players leaving.

This summer there’s a dearth of that, with only the contract situation of Bacary Sagna casting doubt over where he’ll be playing football next season.

He’s been linked with moneybags Monaco, PSG and Russian side Anzhi Makakakakakalelele, but the French international says he’s still talking to the club about a new deal.

“We are still talking ,” he told Gulf News (via Sky Sports).

“I never said I wanted to leave the club, but there are some journalists who want to speculate as I have just one year to go. The fact is that I am still at Arsenal and I am looking forward to playing next season.

“Arsenal made me grow as a player and as a man. People have been talking about me going back to France, but at the moment I am at Arsenal.”

So there you have it, we’re none the wiser really, but Arseblog News would quite like to keep Bac, even if he didn’t sign a new deal.

Another year to mentor young Jenkinson wouldn’t do him, or the team, any harm at all.
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:48 pm

Chumlum wrote:Fair enough, though that's more of a reflection on the rest of the squad. If Wilshere, Ox, etc., were to show improvement by August and if there were (for example) a good signing on the wings, would you be more confident?

I can't see it, its more to do with the way we play. The mid fielders and Wingers all want to get involve in the build up. They don't make enough runs to support the striker.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:07 pm

I can see your point. This is something that could conceivably be coached, though, particularly if the squad's building off of what looks like the sturdiest defense in several years. Eh. I still remain optimistic about Higuain, if he ends up the big signing up top.

It would be indeed be nice to see Arsenal pick up a little on making runs to support each other and open up paths.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:27 pm

Jovetic OVERPRICED, and has not proved himself.

1- Lewendoski- would be best choice but we all know its Bayren.
2- Rooney- Second best choice his wages is just too high for us.
3- Higuain- Proven striker, not overpriced and wants to join us.

I want Higuain sign first and then worry about him. If we can make a guy like Giroud have a great season, imagine what Higuain can do?Proud

What’s the point of getting a player from the Italian league anyway? Everyone knows that like half the games are rigged so we don’t actually know a player’s true ability!
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:33 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Jovetic OVERPRICED, and has not proved himself.

1- Lewendoski- would be best choice but we all know its Bayren.
2- Rooney- Second best choice his wages is just too high for us.
3- Higuain- Proven striker, not overpriced and wants to join us.

I want Higuain sign first and then worry about him. If we can make a guy like Giroud have a great season, imagine what Higuain can do?Proud

What’s the point of getting a player from the Italian league anyway? Everyone knows that like half the games are rigged so we don’t actually know a player’s true ability!

I see what you did there rofl
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:37 pm

I think I'd rather have higuain than lewandowski. He's too similar to giroud, in terms of he has great link up play with poor finishing. Obviously he is better than giroud but giroud has the chance to improve next season. We lack that killer infront of goal we need that more than a number 9 who helps create a lot of chances but also misses a ton of them. Higuain is a deadly finisher which id rather have imo.

We need more creativity but I'd rather find that in other positions
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudcat Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:42 pm

EL Patron wrote:

Higuain needs support and service to shine, judging by the way we play here he'd struggle to get that here.

Some of you make it sound like he does nothing but stand around in the box waiting for someone to put the ball on his foot so he can knock it in. He actually has a higher dribble conversion rate than Jovetic. And I think you're underestimating the current Arsenal players. They managed to score quite a few goals even without such a deadly finisher. This is a Champions League team, not relegation fodder.
Mudcat
Mudcat
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:49 pm

Mudcat wrote:
EL Patron wrote:

Some of you make it sound like he does nothing but stand around in the box waiting for someone to put the ball on his foot so he can knock it in. He actually has a higher dribble conversion rate than Jovetic. And I think you're underestimating the current Arsenal players. They managed to score quite a few goals even without such a deadly finisher. This is a Champions League team, not relegation fodder.

The Argentinian version of Gilardino hmm
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by JGUNZ Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:55 pm

EL Patron wrote:
Chumlum wrote:

Arsenal has enough creativity to to support Higgy. What we need is a class DM , someone that can provide great cover for the back four and have good enough on the ball skills. That would free free up Arteta, Wilshere to really provide service to Higgy.

JGUNZ
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:04 pm

We all should be welcoming Higuain, the deal is done imo,bounce its the EPL teams turn to worry about him.Proud
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:16 pm

What does everyone see Wilshere playing? the AM or a cm? We need more creativity in the attack as much as we need more stability in the midfield.

For me, Wilshere still seems to lack that goal scoring touch or final product to play there right now, but I think I might only have that impression because he played so deep so often last year. When he did play the AM, it seemed like he usually created or scored. But I'm not sure.

Would we solve our creative issues by putting Jack behind the striker most games and sign a DM that can push forward as well? Or should we sign another AM and leave jack where he is in the future

VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:23 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:What does everyone see Wilshere playing? the AM or a cm? We need more creativity in the attack as much as we need more stability in the midfield.

For me, Wilshere still seems to lack that goal scoring touch or final product to play there right now, but I think I might only have that impression because he played so deep so often last year. When he did play the AM, it seemed like he usually created or scored. But I'm not sure.

Would we solve our creative issues by putting Jack behind the striker most games and sign a DM that can push forward as well? Or should we sign another AM and leave jack where he is in the future

I think Jack is better when playing deeper, as an attacking mid he is pretty average to be honest. The solution would be to sign a young AM such as Grenier, Debruyne or mould Chamberlain there for the future.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:27 pm

Any role that doesn't require him to do a lot of defensive work would be best for Wilshere, imo.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:00 pm

Gonzalo Higuain is close to signing for Arsenal, after reports have emerged that the club has agreed a deal for the Real Madrid forward.

Spanish Publication AS reports the Gunners have agreed a fee of £22.5 million with Los Blancos. The report also indicates Arsenal and Higuain have agreed a wage structure, paying the striker £115,000 per week.

http://www.ibtimes.com/sportsnet/arsenal-transfer-rumors-gunners-agree-ps225-million-deal-gonzalo-higuain-1313679

Not getting excited yet.bounce
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:21 pm

Yeah, don't get excited over that IBTimes thing - they're just regurgitating reports and numbers we've already seen.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:33 pm

OK guys, check this out:

If you go to Arsenal's website, and click on a player's page (e.g. Theo Walcott), you get the profile at this address:
http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/theo-walcott

Simple. They're all like that, except sometimes (e.g. Gibbs) they're routed through 'Academy.' Now type in ...

http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/gonzalo-higuain

The page comes up as totally blank. But if you were to substitute other names (I've tried wayne-rooney, edinson-cavani, stevan-jovetic, zinedine-zidane, and julio-cesar), you get an Error 404 page. Example:

http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/julio-cesar

My coding skills are rudimentary at best, so maybe there is a simpler explanation, but could anyone confirm or deny why this might cause us to go hmm ?
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:37 pm

sportsczy wrote:
CBarca wrote:
CBarca wrote:I don't do sig bets because I never use sigs but you can certainly claim bragging rights

He won't leave.

Proud
Only reason he didn't leave is that PSG wouldn't offer more than a 1 year deal.  They just won't do it.  I think it's stupid because this Wenger obsession can blow up in their face...  but Sarkozy is apparently giving them assurances that Wenger is truly an option.  

Capello is not a bad choice though.  I actually rate him higher than both Carlo and AVB.  He gets it done.  Only failure in his career was England NT and that had a lot to do with John Terry.

I don't know how much I believe your reasons, none of us truly know. I'm going to believe it for the reasons I want though, you can stay with that.

Still didn't leave though Proud

AVB :bow:

My love...it never ends Heart
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:47 pm

The AS report cited by the IBTimes happens to use The Daily Mirror as its source:

http://as.com/diarioas/2013/06/19/english/1371641782_182335.html

So I'd keep those hopes low for now.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:58 pm

Disregard my previous post, I guess - I just checked again and the Higuain address led to a 404. But I promise I wasn't making anything up earlier!
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:03 pm

Chum rofl rofl

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:15 pm

I got my own hopes up a little. Probably just some weird coincidental glitch. :facepalm:
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next