Jay29
RealGunner
urbaNRoots
Sina
SamuelJayC
58 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Lex Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:59 pm

Years Team           Apps† (Gls)†
2005–2007 Nantes 700 (1075)

Laughing :bow:

Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:05 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Sky Sports News to break huge transfer news in next 48 hours. Sky's Graeme Bailey 95% sure deal will go through. Intrigue.

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 24 Tumblr_mc3hg5VpQP1qcy0p7o1_500

Is it about Arsenal?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:10 pm

hmm Perhaps it's Cavani to City/Chelsea
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:02 am

Its probably something boring like Kevin Phillips to Brighton.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:23 am

Or Carlton Cole to Newcastle.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:43 am

RedOranje wrote:Or Carlton Cole to Newcastle.
rofl :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:47 am

RealGunner wrote:hmm Perhaps it's Cavani to City/Chelsea

This won't happen for a while. There have been no official offers according to Cavani and if reports are to be believed, Chelsea will meet Napoli later this week in London to discuss the transfer.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:03 am

it might be isco to mancity
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:40 am

CBarca wrote:I don't do sig bets because I never use sigs but you can certainly claim bragging rights

He won't leave.

Proud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:18 am

With Fabio heading to PSG, looks like Madrid will have a manager within the week, hopefully that also means that we get Higuain asap
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by GenBlizkin Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:48 am

If Madrid want bale, why dont they buy out AVB and take both?
GenBlizkin
GenBlizkin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by GenBlizkin Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:09 pm

Mata apprently on the outer at Chelsea

22mill for Hig
25 for Mata
15 - 17 mill for DM.

Title in April Smile
GenBlizkin
GenBlizkin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:49 pm

CBarca wrote:
CBarca wrote:I don't do sig bets because I never use sigs but you can certainly claim bragging rights

He won't leave.

Proud
Only reason he didn't leave is that PSG wouldn't offer more than a 1 year deal. They just won't do it. I think it's stupid because this Wenger obsession can blow up in their face... but Sarkozy is apparently giving them assurances that Wenger is truly an option.

Capello is not a bad choice though. I actually rate him higher than both Carlo and AVB. He gets it done. Only failure in his career was England NT and that had a lot to do with John Terry.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:39 pm

GenBlizkin wrote:Mata apprently on the outer at Chelsea

22mill for Hig
25 for Mata
15 -  17 mill for DM.

Title in April Smile

Mata can easily go for over 30m, plus we dont really need him no, Cazorla.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:18 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Money shouldn't decide whether we should get a player or not if we think he would massively improve us. Look at Chelsea they paid 35 million for Hazard, he surely didn't prove enough to be so highly priced, Buyern did the same with Javi Martinez and there are other examples, these clubs didn't pay that much because they thought they were worth it ATM but for what they could become and because they knew these players will improve them. They didn't look at the price but at the quality of the player, and both are happy to have these players now.

It's the same with Jovetic, we don't have to look at Juve - they want him badly but don't have enough cash to sign him. We should take advantage of that.

If we can't get both Higuain and Jovetic, I'd settle for Villa + Jovetic but not Higuain alone. Last season our problem wasn't only finishing chances, we struggled to create chances for a good part of the season and signing Higuain ALONE won't fix that.
Raptorgunner wrote:
GenBlizkin wrote:Mata apprently on the outer at Chelsea

22mill for Hig
25 for Mata
15 - 17 mill for DM.

Title in April Smile

Mata can easily go for over 30m, plus we dont really need him no, Cazorla.

we need a top quality CF.. no use signing Jovetic for such a large amount and using him as SS or the LF/LW where we have lots of other options.. so we may be better signing an established CF like Higuain..
Higuain, Fellaini and Cesar would do for this summer.. plus a CAM/creative CM would be a bonus if we get within our budget.. hope that Ox and Wilshere can up their level to improve the creativity issue.. and Walcott needs to understand that he is the RW and play in a more responsible manner..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:18 pm

Almost every England/Spain's top media has reported Higuain to Arsenal is imminent. Would be shocking if it's failed.Laughing
Higuain scores some pretty goals.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:31 pm

great.. complete finisher..
can shoot/finish with both foot.. has those shots, lobs and fine finishes..
just we need to provide him some service..
Welcome to the family..cheers
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:33 pm

Was just reading some negative stuff about Higuain on Twitter, and it still surprises me that some Gooners think he's a scrub. I've never really had strong feelings about him pro or con, but he's always clearly been a quality player. If this transfer goes through I'm very very happy to have him.

But that just goes to underline how absolutely no signing could be made without a vocal minority of fans unhappy. If Wenger miraculously signed Edinson Cavani for 25m there'd still be people saying, "If he's really so good, why did Napoli let him go so easily?" and "He's not creative enough," and "Serie A is crap, he's never gonna score against Stoke on a cold, rainy Tuesday night." :facepalm:
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudcat Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:40 pm

Here's a bit of silly season for you...

LUKAS PODOLSKI CALLS ON MANCHESTER UNITED TARGET ROBERT LEWANDOWSKI TO JOIN HIM AT ARSENAL
Mudcat
Mudcat
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:46 pm

Mudcat wrote:Here's a bit of silly season for you...

LUKAS PODOLSKI CALLS ON MANCHESTER UNITED TARGET ROBERT LEWANDOWSKI TO JOIN HIM AT ARSENAL

the article begins as..
..."LUKAS PODOLSKI has begged Borussia Dorrtmund striker Robert Lewandowski to turn down Europe's big boys to sign for Arsenal."

and the only statement quoted is..
.."Podolski told Polish newspaper Polska The Times: "He would fit ideally into our team."

which would have surely been an answer to a provoked question..

pathetic media..:brickwall:
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudcat Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:54 pm

Wilson37 wrote:

the article begins as..
..."LUKAS PODOLSKI has begged Borussia Dorrtmund striker Robert Lewandowski to turn down Europe's big boys to sign for Arsenal."

.."Podolski told Polish newspaper Polska The Times: "He would fit ideally into our team."

That's why they call it the silly season. Razz
Mudcat
Mudcat
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:56 pm

Chumlum wrote:Was just reading some negative stuff about Higuain on Twitter, and it still surprises me that some Gooners think he's a scrub. I've never really had strong feelings about him pro or con, but he's always clearly been a quality player. If this transfer goes through I'm very very happy to have him.

But that just goes to underline how absolutely no signing could be made without a vocal minority of fans unhappy. If Wenger miraculously signed Edinson Cavani for 25m there'd still be people saying, "If he's really so good, why did Napoli let him go so easily?" and "He's not creative enough," and "Serie A is crap, he's never gonna score against Stoke on a cold, rainy Tuesday night." :facepalm:

I wonder what the argument is? Higuain is the best available striker we can realistically get, however I wouldn't be surprised if our fans wanted Benteke more Laughing

Just watch the same fans cryin' and moaning about how we missed out on Higuain if he joins Juventus or some other team instead.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:00 pm

Wilson37 wrote:

the article begins as..

rofl
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:55 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Chumlum wrote:Was just reading some negative stuff about Higuain on Twitter, and it still surprises me that some Gooners think he's a scrub. I've never really had strong feelings about him pro or con, but he's always clearly been a quality player. If this transfer goes through I'm very very happy to have him.

I wonder what the argument is? Higuain is the best available striker we can realistically get, however I wouldn't be surprised if our fans wanted Benteke more Laughing

Just watch the same fans cryin' and moaning about how we missed out on Higuain if he joins Juventus or some other team instead.

Exactly! Dude's a proven goalscorer in one of the most high-pressure club regimes in the sport, despite having to share the spotlight with the likes of Ronaldo and Benzema (two players better than anything Arsenal have up top at the moment). He knows how to put the ball in the back of the net, but he's also a very good dribbler and provides assists as well. He's six feet tall to boot, which won't hurt him in the PL. Even if you prefer Rooney or someone like Benteke, it's weird to pretend that Higuain wouldn't be an extremely solid acquisition.

And 22m or thereabouts is a good price for a striker of that quality in today's market. Compare with Andy Carroll to West Ham.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:05 pm

Chumlum wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

Exactly! Dude's a proven goalscorer in one of the most high-pressure club regimes in the sport, despite having to share the spotlight with the likes of Ronaldo and Benzema (two players better than anything Arsenal have up top at the moment). He knows how to put the ball in the back of the net, but he's also a very good dribbler and provides assists as well. He's six feet tall to boot, which won't hurt him in the PL. Even if you prefer Rooney or someone like Benteke, it's weird to pretend that Higuain wouldn't be an extremely solid acquisition.

And 22m or thereabouts is a good price for a striker of that quality in today's market. Compare with Andy Carroll to West Ham.

Higuain will flop then go back to Spain, I'd settle for Jovetic and Villa :coffee:
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:17 pm

EL Patron wrote:Higuain will flop then go back to Spain, I'd settle for Jovetic and Villa :coffee:

But by what standards do you make this prediction? What about Higuain makes you think he'll flop, particularly when we've seen in recent years - time and again - that La Liga players come and do really well in England?
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next