Jay29
RealGunner
urbaNRoots
Sina
SamuelJayC
58 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:12 pm

Bendtner tells Ekstra Bladet Arsenal have agreed fees with 5 clubs for his transfer. "Now I have to choose one." http://bit.ly/14O2zEs

SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:13 pm

United, Barcelona, Madrid, Juventus and Bayern i assume?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:20 pm

Denilson (45) Squillaci (60) Arshavin (85) Bendtner (52) clears around £12.5m off the annual wage bill at Arsenal.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudcat Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:31 pm

KennethCole wrote:
EL Patron wrote:Why are we so interested on him ffs, he is just an average midfielder and a decent SS.

Not sure if serious.

We havent had this type of player since Vieira.

Imagine a midfield with Fellaini. When i think about it, i think about a stronger team who doesnt get bullied easily.

Over the years, Fellaini totally dominated our midfield.

As far as I remember, he was one of rare players to close down Jack Wilshere totally.

But, I still keeping my expectations low regarding new arrivals.

I'm with you. Anyone who has watched Fellaini play a number of times has seen how dominant he can be. He single-handedly dominated Manchester United and led Everton to victory last August. He is a beast.
Mudcat
Mudcat
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:37 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Denilson (45) Squillaci (60) Arshavin (85) Bendtner (52) clears around £12.5m off the annual wage bill at Arsenal.

Who is left now from the dead-woods? Diaby,Mannone and maybe Gervinho?

We are almost home free.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:46 pm

Calling Fellaini "average" is way too harsh IMO. I've said before that there are legitimate questions about whether he's the right midfielder for Arsenal, or if his reported price tag is acceptable compared to who else Arsenal could get on the transfer market. Totally get those questions. But on the other hand he causes teams problems, period. What he's got in his toolkit can be very hard for other teams to handle.

Surely there's a huge middle ground between mediocrity and world class? Just sometimes people don't want to acknowledge it ...
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:50 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:Denilson (45) Squillaci (60) Arshavin (85) Bendtner (52) clears around £12.5m off the annual wage bill at Arsenal.

Who is left now from the dead-woods? Diaby,Mannone and maybe Gervinho?

We are almost home free.

Doesn't Fabianski have another year on his contract? Same with Park? (Seen conflicting reports/guesses.) And Djourou's long-term future still isn't sorted out either.

And then there's Andre Santos. Wink
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:04 pm

Chumlum wrote:Calling Fellaini "average" is way too harsh IMO. I've said before that there are legitimate questions about whether he's the right midfielder for Arsenal, or if his reported price tag is acceptable compared to who else Arsenal could get on the transfer market. Totally get those questions. But on the other hand he causes teams problems, period. What he's got in his toolkit can be very hard for other teams to handle.

Surely there's a huge middle ground between mediocrity and world class? Just sometimes people don't want to acknowledge it ...

If you read my post you will see that I said he is an average midfielder but a decent SS which is true considering that he has struggled during his Everton career when played in midfield. This season he has played just off the striker and has done well. Mirallas, Pienaar have all benefited from his ability to hold the ball up and win knock downs which is what has bought him recognition

If we are going to sign every players who plays well against us then we will end up with the likes of Tiote in midfield lool

EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:19 pm

EL Patron wrote:If you read my post you will see that I said he is an average midfielder but a decent SS which is true considering that he has struggled during his Everton career when played in midfield. This season he has played just off the striker and has done well. Mirallas, Pienaar have all benefited from his ability to hold the ball up and win knock downs which is what has bought him recognition

I acknowledge your point & that you gave him more credit for his advanced performances this year. But it's not as if Fellaini was a journeyman midfielder until that opening match against Man Utd last August - there have been people calling for Arsenal or some other big club to sign him for years now, he's maybe struggled at times in a deeper role but he's also excelled sometimes. The level at which he "struggles" and which his form waxes & wanes is still higher than the level of an "average" PL midfielder. That's all I'm arguing. I have no problems if you, or whoever else, thinks he's not right for Arsenal or is maybe even a bit overrated. He can be overrated by some people and still be a good/very good player.

If we are going to sign every players who plays well against us then we will end up with the likes of Tiote in midfield lool

Ha! In the past there have also been fans who've really wanted Wenger to sign Tiote. A bullet dodged, I guess!
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:22 pm

The Italian champions are believed to be leading the hunt for the want-away striker, with club officials reportedly preparing to table a €22m bid, but Perez has warned that such an offer would not even be given time of day in the Spanish capital.

He told Mediaset: "If Juventus are thinking about offering €30m for him then it would be better if they don’t even turn up because that will not be enough.

"But we have not yet received any offers for Gonzalo and that is including Juventus." rofl
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:23 pm

Heard Wenger's after Oscar. Willing to offer £30m.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:23 pm

lol gtfo gil where did u hear that
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:24 pm

Former Crystal Palace chairman says Arsenal turned down the chance to sign Zaha in January: "They weren't interested" http://bit.ly/172X3oH 
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:15 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Former Crystal Palace chairman says Arsenal turned down the chance to sign Zaha in January: "They weren't interested" http://bit.ly/172X3oH 

More importantly... David Dein?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:17 pm

thats weird Suspect
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:21 pm

"I've had it confirmed #Arsene Wenger DOES want #WayneRooney to join #Arsenal . Will #Moyes dare sell?"

(Via @RobSheperd5 ) - He works for a few newspapers.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:27 pm

Moyes you can have Fabergas. Idgaf, Just give us Rooney.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:33 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:"I've had it confirmed #Arsene Wenger DOES want #WayneRooney to join #Arsenal . Will #Moyes dare sell?"

(Via @RobSheperd5 ) - He works for a few newspapers.
The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 12 Captain-obvious-2201352492996243653
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:44 pm

Wenger never actually said the words " I want Rooney" 

He said in the interview that really started all these rumors, "It would be hard to turn a guy like him down" Which is a typical deflection response that could mean nothing. Knowing that Wenger is actually AFTER him, not "open to the possibility" is completely different. How many times have we heard people ask wenger "Would you like player x on your team" and he says something along the same lines "Sure player x has massive quality and would be good for any team to sign"

So, if this report actually has weight, and Wenger is actually going out of his way to chase after Rooney, then that is good news.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:12 pm

lol there are only a few managers who would reject a Rooney-calibre player. Everyone knows that Wenger would like to have him at Arsenal, the question is: Can we afford him and does HE want to join Arsenal?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:39 pm

Regarding the picture...

Everyone on the left except Oier is for sale and probably will leave. I'm not sure about Oier but I see him staying. JDS will only leave if a team wants him and I'm not sure if he's willing to go. Villa is definitely leaving. Afellay, Bojan, and Fontas could either leave or go on loan.

Rafinha and Deulofeu are both highly rated, they will not leave. If they do , it will be out on loan. However I doubt that since Barca sends deadwood on loan rather than trying to get rid of them because we're retarded.

Valdes will stay another year. Barcelona will desparately (SHOULD desparately) try and keep Thiago, not 100% sure he's staying. I don't see Alexis leaving. Reports are he's happy here and wants to stay and no one at Barca is trying to offload him.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:00 pm

We've been linked with Anzhi's Odil Ahmedov. He says that our scouts have been watching for a while.

Uzbeki defensive midfielder, apparently.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:06 pm

Odd link.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:21 pm

I could have swore I saw a link about Arsenal & Ahmedov before (like in one of the previous few transfer windows). But I did a google news search and nothing came up.

(EDIT: Aha! There is this thing - apparently Metro was also the source then.)

Presumably just someone they're keeping tabs on for squad depth at most.

Plus there is this, which weird because it's a left-sided player (mostly defensive?) from Benfica.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:24 pm

I wrote to David Court to send my 19 years old cousin for a trial but he said that hes too old Sad
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:35 pm

this Odil Ahmedov guy looks CLASS!
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next