Jay29
RealGunner
urbaNRoots
Sina
SamuelJayC
58 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:47 pm

I was very unimpressed with him in our quarter final tbh.

Also doubt its true, A Bola are not exactly what you would call reliable.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by boyzis Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:50 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:@Orbinho

Higuain chance conversion rate (no penalties) season 2011-12 43%, 2012-13 32% - Average Premier League striker 16%.

Personally I would take Rooney over any striker Wenger is looking at.He knows the PL and is a versatile hard working player. Sign Rooney now and attract more players later.

Jovetic may be good but compared to roon and higuain he still is work under process. I mean this realistic target jojo is not what arsenal require. They need an unrealistic target.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:53 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I was very unimpressed with him in our quarter final tbh.

I'd prefer Ola John instead
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:02 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I was very unimpressed with him in our quarter final tbh.

I'd prefer Ola John instead

He was meh as well tbh Laughing Tried to do far too much on his own.

But i do think he has more ability.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:05 pm

Morning all.

A very quick Saturday round-up for you. Plenty of debate still going on after Ivan’s words the other day. The conclusion, regardless of which side of the fence you’re on, is that it all sounds great but now back it up with actually doing stuff. Use the money, buy the players, make the team better, and let’s see what happens then.

There are always going to be optimists and pessimists, the overly cynical and those who might be classed as too trusting, but hopefully the club can satisfy all concerned this summer. It’s obvious that we need improve the team, it’s obvious that we have to be more competitive, and it’s blindingly obvious now that we have the means and the resources to do it. Now, just do it.

In terms of players being linked with us there’s still loads of chatter about Wayne Rooney (none of which I believe) and Gonzalo Higuain from Real Madrid. The Argentine has confirmed he’ll be leaving, but Juventus seem favourites at the moment. There’s a quote racketing around in which Higauin says Arsenal would suit him. Both @AAllenSport and I have been trying to find the original of that beyond it appearing in the Metro.

The Mail then used it, saying ‘Higuain told Metro’, but Higuain didn’t tell Metro anything. Then the Spanish papers picked up it up and ran with the ‘according to the Mail/Metro’ thing, and we all know how reliable that was. The closest we got to finding out the source was an Italian article which suggested (we think) that somebody was lip-reading Higuain at the end of season bit on the Madrid pitch and he either said Arsenal suited him or he’d like to go to Juventus. Or maybe he wanted a sandwich. I dunno.

http://arseblog.com/2013/06/saturday-round-up-higuain-and-fellaini-slight-debunking/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arseblog+%28Arseblog+-+It%27s+*bleep*%27+excellent+-+an+Arsenal+blog%29
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:14 pm

abirking wrote:
Chumlum wrote:
abirking wrote:The perfect Arsenal signings will be:
Fabregas: For creating the chances.
Higuan: For finishing the chances created by Fabregas.
Bender: For clean-up services in the mid-field.

It's true this would be a really impressive haul, but the thing about getting two midfielders this summer (and this holds true to some extent even if they were lower profile, like Grenier & Imbula) is that the midfield is already packed.

Imagine Fabregas, Bender, Arteta, Ramsey, Wilshere, Rosicky - all six of them competing for three spots. Even if we accept that Rosicky isn't a regular starter due to his advancing years & injury history, and if Ramsey is slightly demoted despite his excellent second half of the past season, that's still four players who more or less demand to be in a starting trio. (Do we bench Arteta because he's not a "WC DM," though he's a de facto captain and also the club's most consistent midfielder in the post-Cesc era?) And this is considering that Cazorla gets pushed out wide (making the forward line itself more crowded) and that the Ox doesn't get playing time in midfield!

Not to mention that there's still a possibility that Diaby, Coquelin, or Frimpong may yet play a role for Arsenal in midfield - even if it seems unlikely for any of them at this point.

It's an issue, and it's why I'm still skeptical that the club are in for a creative central attacking midfielder in addition to a deeper player.

Even though the mid-field is packed, I think a creative mid-fielder is important. Lets face it, only Cazorla among the current mid-field has the talent to consistently unlock defences with passes. Good teams will simply block him off. Wilshere has tenacity, decent ball control and good dribbling ability but his passing is not up to scratch yet. Additionally our wing players such as Podolski, Walcott and Alex-Ox are direct players with only OX possessing some degree of dribbling skills.
If a compromise has to be made i will go for a Arteta-Ramsey partnership as it provides more defensive balance and Get Cesc Back.

We can get a world-class striker but without proper service he will not be effective. Whether it be Higuan, Rooney or anybody else A creative mid-fielder will be required unless we get a striker like Suarez who has the pace and dribbling skills to create chances for himself, and when that does not work is not afraid to Bite opponents. Thumbs up
Thumbs up
we can do with a Arteta-Ramsey/Wilshere midfield if we can get a true quality CAM like Cesc.. we definitely struggled to create chances against teams with good defence.. some team pressed us and nullified our threat including Cazorla.. none of them would dare to do this with Cesc.. if they do, a through ball goes through or a lofted pass and they are one down.. i cant imagine how much damage would the new improved Walcott do with Cesc in the team..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:20 pm

A little bit of reading about some possible PL transfers from Michael Cox - thought I'd post it here since three involve Arsenal (Jovetic, Fabregas, Higuain):

http://www.freebets.org.uk/blog/10-potentially-pivotal-premier-league-summer-transfers
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:27 pm

How many of you truly believe we are after WC players? I dont trust Donkey face and Wenger.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:28 pm

Define WC players
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:31 pm

Mudcat wrote:
RealGunner wrote:We have dropped our interest in Jovetic. Not pursued him since last month and that's mainly because of them asking for 30m. I think he is our 3rd choice after Higuain and Rooney.

I would love jovetic, but surely 30m for Rooney is a better deal ?

Rooney would most definitely be a better deal. He's a goalscorer. Jovetic isn't so much. And Rooney is a proven commodity in the Premier League.

Here's an interesting analysis from a couple of weeks ago that demonstrates Jovetic's poor conversion rate and the fact that he basically inhabits the same areas of the pitch as Cazorla:

Tactical Analysis: How would Stevan Jovetic improve Arsenal’s striking options?

Thumbs up
i always thought Jovetic was the superior option because of his technical quality and him being able to play CF, SS or LF, he can play along with Giroud, who i still see as a very good CF.. this article makes me feel that the other way, ie after all Higuain is not a bad option.. provided that we improve our creativity by signing Cesc or another quality midfielder.. we must surely not spend >20 million on Jovetic if cant play good as a CF.. i dont know much about Jovetic.. apart from the conversion rate, is he not good enough to play as the lone CF..?
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:41 pm

RealGunner wrote:Define WC players

The players that we are linked with in the papers, some may not be wc but still great players.

Rooney, Jovetic, Fabregas, Higuain.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:57 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:How many of you truly believe we are WC players? I dont trust Donkey face and Wenger.

I don't believe I'm a WC player, but I'm certain you are. How else would you feel so comfortable completely writing off those that are paid millions and millions to play the game for a living as not good enough?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:58 pm

RealGunner wrote:Define WC players

A world class player should be someone who could arguably make any given world XI. Only players I would dare throw in that mix from our midst would be Koscielny and Cazorla.

Wouldn't do that so confidently though as I would have with RVP.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:57 pm

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 7 1001339_602174833146228_352321058_n

Evil or Very Mad
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:02 pm

I've given up.

Cba with this anymore
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:04 pm

Sina wrote:The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 7 1001339_602174833146228_352321058_n

Evil or Very Mad

so true rofl
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:05 pm

disinterested and Bored at least until real activity starts

bring back the days we didnt know much details before it happened
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Not even going to trust Times/Guardian any more

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:12 pm

And the window hasn't even opened yet lol

Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:14 pm

Lol i haven't followed any transfer news in weeks lmao.

I used to check Newsnow like every hour to see if something had happened but cba too stressful.

When something happens it happens :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:24 pm

I only learn of transfers from you guys (well, more like GL) and if I get bored I might look something up.

Most of it is shite, I just enjoy discussing it Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:29 pm

I've been following it, but that's because Liverpool ARE actually active at the moment...
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:03 am

The window isn't even open yet. Laughing

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:05 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10107429/Arsenal-keen-on-signing-Real-Madrids-Gonzalo-Higuain.html

According to that, you guys have a 70m transfer budget.

The telegraph is normally reliable with Liverpool related news. Not sure if they're reliable when it comes to Arsenal though.

It could make sense in theory, with that said.

You guys are debt free now, aren't you? And with this new TV deal coming in, along with being in the CL, could make you have a massive budget. Especially when your chairman, or some fellow from your board came out and said you guys have a lot to spend.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:07 am

Arsenal have always had a lot to spend though. At least, I'm sure they are capable.

But Wenger isn't going to go out and spend a lot of it at once or on one player. That's not his style.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by <(^^,)> Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:37 am

Arsenal fans could finally have their wishes granted this summer as Arsene Wenger draws up plans of a record breaking summer of spending, with swoops for striker Gonzalo Higuain and midfielders Ilkay Gundogan and Lars Bender. The three targets would together cost a whopping £62 million and after an eighth season of failure, Wenger looks prepared to loosen his purse strings this summer, reported the Daily Mail.

Olivier Giroud has failed to live up to the high standards set by Robin van Persie at the Emirates and Wenger is prepared to launch a £25 million bid for Real Madrid ace Higuain. Having warmed the bench on several occasions at the Santiago Bernabeu, the Argentine could consider a move to the Emirates where he would undoubtedly lead the attack on a weekly basis.

Wenger is also looking to revamp his midfield and is considering a move for Borussia Dortmund’s defensive midfielder Ilkay Gundogan. The 22 year-old German was instrumental in Dortmund’s run to the Champions League final and even netted the equalizer at Wembley a fortnight ago before Robben’s heroics took Bayern Munich to the European throne. Dortmund would command a fee in excess of £20 million for Gundogan and Wenger has already lined up another German, Bayer Leverkusen’s Lars Bender as an alternative target.

Laughing
<(^^,)>
<(^^,)>
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next