italy vs portugal

+12
SaintJoe
zarola
TheRedStag
Magricos
izzy
Jack Daniels
BeautifulGame
Ganso
Doc
FilipeFerreira
JuvenelCuore
theaguia
16 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

italy vs portugal - Page 7 Empty Re: italy vs portugal

Post by izzy Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:01 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:

Because they are doing better in their Euro Qualification matches ?

Nope.

I threw out a stat. The ball is in your court now pal, get at me.

I didn't know Euro qualification is a measure of teams nowadays.

By that logic, Belarus have more points than Portugal doesn't make Belarus a better team.

izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 6130
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

italy vs portugal - Page 7 Empty Re: italy vs portugal

Post by izzy Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:04 am

sciacca wrote:Izzy, we are better them currently.

Italy = First Place
Portugal = Second
Are you honestly gonna claim this as a reason of being better?

Italy = 16 points in 6 apps
Portugal = 10 in only 5 apps
Different groups with different oppositin.

Italy = On the verge of qualifying
Portugal = Fighting for the spot
Doesn't matter how you do it, as long as you qualify.

Italy = Undefeated
Portugal = Loss and a Tie
See point 2

Italy vs. Portugal = 3-1 Win.
2008 man, 2008.

Enough said, WE ARE STILL BETTER CURRENTLY.

No, i'm not from Portugal. I just find it harsh that you write them off because of their history.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 6130
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

italy vs portugal - Page 7 Empty Re: italy vs portugal

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:17 am

izzy26 wrote:
sciacca wrote:Izzy, we are better them currently.

Italy = First Place
Portugal = Second
Are you honestly gonna claim this as a reason of being better?

Italy = 16 points in 6 apps
Portugal = 10 in only 5 apps
Different groups with different oppositin.

Italy = On the verge of qualifying
Portugal = Fighting for the spot
Doesn't matter how you do it, as long as you qualify.

Italy = Undefeated
Portugal = Loss and a Tie
See point 2

Italy vs. Portugal = 3-1 Win.
2008 man, 2008.

Enough said, WE ARE STILL BETTER CURRENTLY.

No, i'm not from Portugal. I just find it harsh that you write them off because of their history.

When your first place, then you are better, when you are second place, your not. That's how things work. Fact is a fact.

Seems like you don't follow the Euro's, anyways, Portugal is in an easier group... OH my, if Portugal is better than us, how come they still can't pull off an easy qualification?

Yes, however, if were doing it earlier and were doing it BETTER. Making us the better team. Who said anything about them qualifying yet? They still need to fight for it, while Italy is actually is one game from it. Needless to say Italy have never done good in qualifiers, then an addition right there.

2008? Your point? Nani, Ronaldo etc... were mostly there. WE HAD OUR AVERAGE PLAYERS. Add that being recently plus they've never beaten up to this date.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

italy vs portugal - Page 7 Empty Re: italy vs portugal

Post by JuvenelCuore Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:21 am

You're not Portuguese and you are defending Portugal ? Then again, you do claim to be a Milan fan with a Del Piero avatar.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 4224
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

italy vs portugal - Page 7 Empty Re: italy vs portugal

Post by izzy Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:22 am

sciacca wrote:
When your first place, then you are better, when you are second place, your not. That's how things work. Fact is a fact.

Seems like you don't follow the Euro's, anyways, Portugal is in an easier group... OH my, if Portugal is better than us, how come they still can't pull off an easy qualification?

Yes, however, if were doing it earlier and were doing it BETTER. Making us the better team. Who said anything about them qualifying yet? They still need to fight for it, while Italy is actually is one game from it. Needless to say Italy have never done good in qualifiers, then an addition right there.

2008? Your point? Nani, Ronaldo etc... were mostly there. WE HAD OUR AVERAGE PLAYERS. Add that being recently plus they've never beaten up to this date.

That was completly bogus, all of it and you know it.

There is no way that this debate can continue if that is the arguement. No
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 6130
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

italy vs portugal - Page 7 Empty Re: italy vs portugal

Post by izzy Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:24 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:You're not Portuguese and you are defending Portugal ? Then again, you do claim to be a Milan fan with a Del Piero avatar.

Doesn't matter who it is, if I feel they are getting slandered and abused I will defened them.

Also, you got me confused with the other Izzy on the Milan boards and Del Piero is my current avatar because he is and was a fantastic player who I feel never got the true recognition he deserved.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 6130
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

italy vs portugal - Page 7 Empty Re: italy vs portugal

Post by JuvenelCuore Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:31 am

izzy26 wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:You're not Portuguese and you are defending Portugal ? Then again, you do claim to be a Milan fan with a Del Piero avatar.

Doesn't matter who it is, if I feel they are getting slandered and abused I will defened them.

Also, you got me confused with the other Izzy on the Milan boards and Del Piero is my current avatar because he is and was a fantastic player who I feel never got the true recognition he deserved.

Stop trying to be a hero and settle down.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 4224
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

italy vs portugal - Page 7 Empty Re: italy vs portugal

Post by izzy Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:35 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:

Stop trying to be a hero and settle down.

Hero? In what way? All i'm doing is debating against your points because I share a difference of opinion.

Settle down? Wtf??? What would I be getting excited about? Is that how my post came off?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 6130
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

italy vs portugal - Page 7 Empty Re: italy vs portugal

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:38 am

Its not the same Izzy? LOL, I was fooled...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

italy vs portugal - Page 7 Empty Re: italy vs portugal

Post by TheRedStag Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:15 am

lmao @ at the arguments used in the last two pages.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 3045
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

italy vs portugal - Page 7 Empty Re: italy vs portugal

Post by Doc Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:08 am

Izzy26 is a Real Madrid fan. Izzy2008 (or something) is a Milan fan. The difference is in the numbers people...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 15919
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

italy vs portugal - Page 7 Empty Re: italy vs portugal

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:12 am

Doc wrote:Izzy26 is a Real Madrid fan. Izzy2008 (or something) is a Milan fan. The difference is in the numbers people...

Who knew, I actually thought he was a Milanista...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

italy vs portugal - Page 7 Empty Re: italy vs portugal

Post by Doc Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:13 am

He's just one of the more mature posters in these parts so you may find his views to be bit softer than the usual suspects. Some may call it a care bear, I call it liberal posting...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 15919
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

italy vs portugal - Page 7 Empty Re: italy vs portugal

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:16 am

Doc wrote:He's just one of the more mature posters in these parts so you may find his views to be bit softer than the usual suspects. Some may call it a care bear, I call it liberal posting...

I call him, complete opposite of me.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

italy vs portugal - Page 7 Empty Re: italy vs portugal

Post by Doc Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:18 am

Judging from you and his posts, I reckon you maybe onto something...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 15919
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

italy vs portugal - Page 7 Empty Re: italy vs portugal

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:19 am

Doc wrote:Judging from you and his posts, I reckon you maybe onto something...

He's Nice, and I'm the Sicilian hot head :coffee:

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

italy vs portugal - Page 7 Empty Re: italy vs portugal

Post by zarola Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:36 am

Izzy, Italy has proven itself against Portugal in the past numerous of times. This means that you have the burden of proof, not Italians. Why is Portugal better now? Can't be defense for sure, compare our conceded goals. And euro qualifiers mean a lot, your Belarus logic is flawed because they've played two more games than Portugal.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 2364
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

italy vs portugal - Page 7 Empty Re: italy vs portugal

Post by SaintJoe Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:37 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:Like I said, Italy defeats Portugal in every way, shape, or form. Your league is worse than ours, you've never beaten us, you've consistently embarrassed yourself internationally, and if it weren't for Real Madrid, nobody would know of Portugal's [mediocre] players.

Fair enough, except the part where Portugal has mediocre players. Portugal has a great team with great players.

JuvenelCuore wrote:Little fanboys of Portugal only know how to buy Ronaldo jerseys and cling onto posters of him hoping he'll score, and then eventually going off on a tangent, abandoning ship, supporting Brasil, and claiming Portugal and Brasil are like brothers.

Good luck in the Euros. Hopefully you lot don't come up against the might Greek side !!

What is this crap? You clearly don't know shit. If you think portuguese people have posters of Ronaldo on their wall, you're delusional. Also, Portugal claiming Brazil are like brothers? You're gonna have to point me to that person, because out of 200 portuguese people I know, no one would claim that.

And what's that supposed to mean? You having a pass at Portugal when we reached the final and you were eliminated in the group stage? At least talk about the 2006 World Cup.

I don't even know why you're posting that, trying to insult a whole country for no reason at all, way to go.
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04
Posts : 756
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

italy vs portugal - Page 7 Empty Re: italy vs portugal

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:58 am

SaintJoe wrote:

What is this crap? You clearly don't know shit. If you think portuguese people have posters of Ronaldo on their wall, you're delusional. Also, Portugal claiming Brazil are like brothers? You're gonna have to point me to that person, because out of 200 portuguese people I know, no one would claim that.

And what's that supposed to mean? You having a pass at Portugal when we reached the final and you were eliminated in the group stage? At least talk about the 2006 World Cup.

I don't even know why you're posting that, trying to insult a whole country for no reason at all, way to go.

Well Brazil use to be a Portuguese colony you know... and they do speak the same language. So thats what he's referring too.

Well congradulations for making it to the finals, you didn't win tho...

When did he insult your country lol?
Rolling Eyes

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

italy vs portugal - Page 7 Empty Re: italy vs portugal

Post by izzy Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:07 am

zarola wrote:Izzy, Italy has proven itself against Portugal in the past numerous of times. This means that you have the burden of proof, not Italians. Why is Portugal better now? Can't be defense for sure, compare our conceded goals. And euro qualifiers mean a lot, your Belarus logic is flawed because they've played two more games than Portugal.

I'm back. No. Just no.

That is flat-out bull. Read the first post of this thread. This is not about past events.

This is about right now. This moment now. Why do people always go on about the past when it is clearly a thread about right now?

And if the qualifiers are the standard of how a team is performing then let me throw in England in 2009/2010. Easy group and blew through it. Got to the World Cup and sucked hard. So because of what they did in the groups, England, by this insane logic, is one of the top 4 teams in international football. Rolling Eyes

izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 6130
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

italy vs portugal - Page 7 Empty Re: italy vs portugal

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:17 am

izzy26 wrote:
zarola wrote:Izzy, Italy has proven itself against Portugal in the past numerous of times. This means that you have the burden of proof, not Italians. Why is Portugal better now? Can't be defense for sure, compare our conceded goals. And euro qualifiers mean a lot, your Belarus logic is flawed because they've played two more games than Portugal.

I'm back. No. Just no.

That is flat-out bull. Read the first post of this thread. This is not about past events.

This is about right now. This moment now. Why do people always go on about the past when it is clearly a thread about right now?

And if the qualifiers are the standard of how a team is performing then let me throw in England in 2009/2010. Easy group and blew through it. Got to the World Cup and sucked hard. So because of what they did in the groups, England, by this insane logic, is one of the top 4 teams in international football. Rolling Eyes


As you said look at it right now.

Italy are first. Italy have 16 points. Italy are undefeated.

What has Portugal done to make them better at this current moment, nothing.

kkthanxbai

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

italy vs portugal - Page 7 Empty Re: italy vs portugal

Post by SaintJoe Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:18 am

sciacca wrote:Well Brazil use to be a Portuguese colony you know...

I am aware yes. Was this supposed to be funny?

sciacca wrote:and they do speak the same language. So thats what he's referring too.

I don't really follow the logic anyway. Portugal and Brazil speak a language which is relatively alike, I have nothing against Brazil, but I don't consider them brothers. In fact, nobody here does. They're just a country with nice ladies and great football Razz You consider all latin countries brothers because you speak a language that's alike?

sciacca wrote:Well congradulations for making it to the finals, you didn't win tho...

No you're missing the point of making fun of someone. You make fun of someone when they're worst than you at something, not when you're way worst.

sciacca wrote:When did he insult your country lol?
Rolling Eyes

What do you mean 'lol'? You think it's funny what he wrote? I'm not even gonna bother to explain how he insulted. Ask any portuguese to read that text, and if you can find one who doesn't get offended, you tell me.
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04
Posts : 756
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

italy vs portugal - Page 7 Empty Re: italy vs portugal

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:23 am

SaintJoe wrote:
sciacca wrote:Well Brazil use to be a Portuguese colony you know...

I am aware yes. Was this supposed to be funny?

sciacca wrote:and they do speak the same language. So thats what he's referring too.

I don't really follow the logic anyway. Portugal and Brazil speak a language which is relatively alike, I have nothing against Brazil, but I don't consider them brothers. In fact, nobody here does. They're just a country with nice ladies and great football Razz You consider all latin countries brothers because you speak a language that's alike?

sciacca wrote:Well congradulations for making it to the finals, you didn't win tho...

No you're missing the point of making fun of someone. You make fun of someone when they're worst than you at something, not when you're way worst.

sciacca wrote:When did he insult your country lol?
Rolling Eyes

What do you mean 'lol'? You think it's funny what he wrote? I'm not even gonna bother to explain how he insulted. Ask any portuguese to read that text, and if you can find one who doesn't get offended, you tell me.

1) Who said anything about this being funny? I never refereed to such a thing nor did he. It's an historical fact that's all.

2) He was being sarcastic about brothers lol, he never meant it that way... As you just said, I might aswell say Italy is Spanish. Because Romans were infact mostly Latin and our language orginates from that...

3) You made no sense on your last point...


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

italy vs portugal - Page 7 Empty Re: italy vs portugal

Post by SaintJoe Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:44 am

I don't even know where this disrespect and hostility towards Portugal comes from, but honestly, I don't care.

Ontopic, because I haven't even answered being pissed off and all. I would have to say Italy. They have 16 points in 6 games and are ahead of everyone, while Portugal has been struggling a bit.
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04
Posts : 756
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

italy vs portugal - Page 7 Empty Re: italy vs portugal

Post by JuvenelCuore Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:13 am

I insulted your nation ? Not at all. My history teacher, who doesn't watch football, said this: "Today, Brasil and Portugal are separate...unless the World Cup comes around; then Portugal are on Brasil's side."

It's not an insult to the country at all...it's a well known fact. To say Portugal fans don't cling onto Ronaldo posters is madness. I've never seen a Portugal fan who doesn't love Ronaldo infinitely.

Man up. You're crying about disrespect that is not even being shown to Portugal. Maybe you should tell Izzy to defend his country instead of yours, but you appear to be the most rational Portuguese-advocate on this thread so kudos.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 4224
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

italy vs portugal - Page 7 Empty Re: italy vs portugal

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:14 am

SaintJoe wrote:I don't even know where this disrespect and hostility towards Portugal comes from, but honestly, I don't care.

Ontopic, because I haven't even answered being pissed off and all. I would have to say Italy. They have 16 points in 6 games and are ahead of everyone, while Portugal has been struggling a bit.

Exactly, I don't understand why some people claim Portugal are currently better when were ahead of them...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

italy vs portugal - Page 7 Empty Re: italy vs portugal

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum