Warrior
El Gunner
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Universal Basic Income - Page 2 Empty Re: Universal Basic Income

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:40 pm

Pedram wrote:
Myesyats wrote:I am more interested in actions than words though. And his actions are that he devoted all his life to forwarding renewable energy which is not a right-wing value

People are complex you know, one or other label doesnt define them

Why do you think he is so pro Trump then, do you honestly believe a leftist would back Trump? Laughing

I never said he's a leftist either

I don't get why people are so tribal these days. I agree on some stuff Dems say and other stuff that Republicans

Is it so hard to comprehend that people in the centre exist? Actually I'd argue it's most people in actual real world

I want renewable energy. I want opportunity for all. I'm pro abortion but I also want a secure border and common sense. IF someone is following their party like a cult you're a weirdo imo

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:48 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Pedram wrote:
Myesyats wrote:I am more interested in actions than words though. And his actions are that he devoted all his life to forwarding renewable energy which is not a right-wing value

People are complex you know, one or other label doesnt define them

Why do you think he is so pro Trump then, do you honestly believe a leftist would back Trump? Laughing

I never said he's a leftist either

I don't get why people are so tribal these days. I agree on some stuff Dems say and other stuff that Republicans

Is it so hard to comprehend that people in the centre exist? Actually I'd argue it's most people in actual real world

I want renewable energy. I want opportunity for all. I'm pro abortion but I also want a secure border and common sense. IF someone is following their party like a cult you're a weirdo imo

If we are talking about which party is closer to the center of the American political spectrum it would be obviously the Democrats not the party that openly flirts with fascistic ideas. Btw what you just described is perfectly in line with the current Democrats platform.

Pro abortion = check
Renewable energy = check
Secure border = Biden has the record for highest number of deportations.

Republicans are against the first two yet you think what Musk and Trump espouses are the center. Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:59 pm

Pedram wrote:
If we are talking about which party is closer to the center of the American political spectrum it would be obviously the Democrats not the party that openly flirts with fascistic ideas.

If we're talking about Biden vs Trump then yes but if we're talking about the parties as a whole then I'm not sure

Either party has in some sense become quite radical on both ends, i see dangers from both sides and I consider myself centrist/neutral

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:12 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Pedram wrote:
If we are talking about which party is closer to the center of the American political spectrum it would be obviously the Democrats not the party that openly flirts with fascistic ideas.

If we're talking about Biden vs Trump then yes but if we're talking about the parties as a whole then I'm not sure

Either party has in some sense become quite radical on both ends, i see dangers from both sides and I consider myself centrist/neutral

Well yea the Bernie wing of the party is not in control, has never been. so your argument is a moot point.

But if i'm being honest even Bernie is at best center-left, he wasn't proposing anything radical.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:18 pm

McLewis wrote:I think this is an encouraging example of what UBIs can do:

That headline is misleading. Of course if you give a very limited group of people enough money to pay their bills it will reduce their immediate financial stress without taxpayers noticing.

It says the city saved 600K in social services... at the cost of almost 10 millions

More so the study is admittedly biased
While the researchers haven't found evidence that giving people $1,000 a month is substantially more effective than giving them $50, they said they hoped to see more-significant differences between participants in the trial groups and those in the control group over time.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:40 pm

I think the best way to fight homelessness is to build more homes

Too much land is awarded to promoters who build unaffordable condo towers or large mansions which require people indebting themselves for the next 20 years in order to buy them. Instead the government should give construction companies enough incentives to build affordable housing in whatever form... be it HLMs or single floor small house that can be built quickly and at lower cost. Justin Trudeau recently understood this after years of downplaying housing crisis or saying it's not federal resort.

The priority is to lower the cost of homes, if you give people free money it raises the cost of homes, it's the equivalent of shoveling the pile of snow forward.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jul 23, 2024 5:36 pm

Thought its pretty clear the rich n powerful hold so much in real estate, so they are never gonna let it fall by building more houses? At most n there are some examples they might build a small amount of very basic so called homes for the low income, which basically are just PR moves n gives the news headline n feeling of they are doing something... but all the while they just gonna keep controlling n ensure the prices stay high.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Jul 24, 2024 2:18 am

No it's thousands and thousands of homes that must be built it could also stimulate regional economy and boost smaller construction companies who don't have resources to bid on high paying contracts. Having residential projects everywhere will create lots of skilled and decently payed jobs.

Imo being rich and powerful is not the end of all things. Even if you are as crooked as Trump or Trudeau you still need to earn people's votes. In Canada the conservative candidate Poilievre has destroyed Trudeau in every poll and a huge reason for it is he's at least acknowledging the housing crisis, as a result Trudeau has opened the valves, and trust me he's not a stingy guy when it comes to spending public funds.

Will the liberal program be a flop, yes i sadly think so because i don't trust this government. Still better than nothing though.

In a more general stance, get rid of bureaucracy and get rid of corruption, then make better use of the billions you just saved. Buy construction materials in bulk to kill the crazy inflation of this particular market. Buy strategic lands at fair price and give contracts to the real lowest bider not whichever oligarch's turn it is to bid the lowest among a set of preplanned inflated offers.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:20 pm

Ur right, thats the dream n hope it does goes towards it. Its just the world has little examples of these dreams, usually its just the big powerful in bed with the government n therefore keeping most of the benefits to themselves Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2