McLewis
34 posters

Page 29 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next

Go down

The US Politics Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: The US Politics Thread

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:15 pm

McLewis wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
I don't think Trump is as bad as media try to paint him, and his term wasn't the end of the world as they tried to tell people. His stances are consistent for decades whereas Bidens of this world change as the wind blows and expect me to believe he transitioned to a racial activist from someone who didn't want their children to grow up in a racial jungle (I know people change but not so drastically i doubt that). At least Trump is consistent in his views

You're right. He's worse. By the end of his first term, 50% of this country had lost rights they had before he was elected. It's both a sign of privilege and naivety to make such an assertion.

This is scary to know... so u guys mean even if Democrats won, it wouldnt be much better anyway? I just thought the way Trump handled Covid n his daily abusing everyone on Twitter means anything would be better than him? Razz

So whats good points about Trump, can someone pls tell me? Perhaps I wont fear the inevitable as much if I knew hes not as bad as I thought Razz

BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:44 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:
McLewis wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
I don't think Trump is as bad as media try to paint him, and his term wasn't the end of the world as they tried to tell people. His stances are consistent for decades whereas Bidens of this world change as the wind blows and expect me to believe he transitioned to a racial activist from someone who didn't want their children to grow up in a racial jungle (I know people change but not so drastically i doubt that). At least Trump is consistent in his views

You're right. He's worse.  By the end of his first term, 50% of this country had lost rights they had before he was elected. It's both a sign of privilege and naivety to make such an assertion.

This is scary to know... so u guys mean even if Democrats won, it wouldnt be much better anyway? I just thought the way Trump handled Covid n his daily abusing everyone on Twitter means anything would be better than him? Razz

So whats good points about Trump, can someone pls tell me? Perhaps I wont fear the inevitable as much if I knew hes not as bad as I thought Razz

I'll try to read the Earth-2 tea leaves on this for you.

Had Hillary Clinton won in 2016, she would've been able to place at least 3 justices on the Supreme Court (SC), giving liberals a eventual 6-3 majority. That assumes Democrats would've won the Senate (who are responsible for confirming SC justices) and Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg would've stepped down before ultimately passing away. Had this happened, Roe v Wade, which is the ruling that protected a female's right to an abortion, would not have been overturned and the states that are currently banning abortion would be unable to do so.

It's also possible that with Democratic control of Congress under a Clinton administration, the right to abortion would've been codified into law, more securely protecting it from legal challenges at both the Congressional and Judicial levels.

That is how I imagine things are going in an alternate version of Earth as of 2016.

The reality here and now is that Trump won in 2016 and got to sit 3 SC justices, giving conservatives instead the initial 5-4 majority, partially because Justice Ginsberg didn't step down and remained on the bench until she passed away. This gave Trump a 3rd pick, increasing the conservative majority to 6-3, where it sits today. Republican states, knowing they now have a sympathetic Supreme Court, immediately began submitting challenges to Roe v Wade and ultimately that 6-3 conservative majority overturned it (declared it unconstitutional), which gave these Republican states the ability to either severely restrict abortion access or completely ban it. That has caused significant uncertainty and suffering. Women who could receive abortions pre-Trump now have to sometimes travel out of their home states to a Democrat-controlled state to get an abortion, even if they've been raped, even if their life is in danger by the pregnancy and even if the pregnancy itself isn't viable. Some women have even died from complications of the pregnancies they didn't want, but could not abort because doctors are afraid of performing abortions due to Republican states threatening them with fines and loss of their medical license if they do so. Republicans have purposely made these laws confusing, forcing doctor's choose between risking their careers and fulfilling the Hippocratic Oath.

All of this happened because Trump was elected so that's what makes @myesyats downplaying the impact of his election so callous.

Last edited by McLewis on Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:14 pm

Oh I get it, u mean Trump is worst than the media made to be, I thought u mean Biden when u said 'he's worst' Razz

Than Im right when I take it that Trump elected again would be terrible for most of the world? Democrats are at least better than him no matter what...

Btw, can I also ask then why Republicans want woman to not have rights to abortion? I imagine there must be lots of black market doctors the woman have to pay so much money for as well as u said the ones need to sneak of of their state to get abostion... so not right...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:00 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Oh I get it, u mean Trump is worst than the media made to be, I thought u mean Biden when u said 'he's worst' Razz

Than Im right when I take it that Trump elected again would be terrible for most of the world? Democrats are at least better than him no matter what...

Btw, can I also ask then why Republicans want woman to not have rights to abortion? I imagine there must be lots of black market doctors the woman have to pay so much money for as well as u said the ones need to sneak of of their state to get abostion... so not right...

A Trump win would absolutely be terrible for the world. And it's not just about Trump himself, it will be about the people who gain power because of his win. These are the people behind Project 2025. It's far too much to explain here. I recommend googling it. Particularly for NATO, Trump has already said that he'll essentially allow Russia to freely attack NATO nations that have not paid enough money to the US for protection. That would signal effectively the end of NATO as an organization.

As for why the GOP wants to ban abortions, it comes down to a very specific reason: Control.

They have successfully masked their need to control women's bodies under the guises of crime and religion. They have convinced themselves that stopping a pregnancy, even at 6 weeks, is effectively tantamount to murder.

The reality is this: Birth rates in this country are falling and Republicans have been freaking out about it for some time now. They refuse to truly interrogate why those birth rates are falling though, even though the reasons are very clear:

- Child care costs are very high
- Maternity leave is varies wildly from employer to employer.
- Women may experience career loss purely due to choosing to have a child.

In short, women need better economic and work conditions before deciding in greater numbers to have children and because their employers, and the politicians who they donate money to, refuse to take action on this, this is a key reason birth rates are falling.

It's more politically expedient for Republicans to ignore the above and simply prosecute this as a war on the unborn. Considering that women of all walks of life in this country, even Republican women, are voting against anti-abortion policies and politicians, that expediency is now biting Republicans in the ass.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:57 pm

McLewis wrote:Particularly for NATO, Trump has already said that he'll essentially allow Russia to freely attack NATO nations that have not paid enough money to the US for protection. That would signal effectively the end of NATO as an organization.

I believe NATO membership is way beyond what Trump can decide, honestly doubt he can realistically singlehandedly do anything, imo its beyond any single president and its fundamental to US' superpower status

I see his aggressive rhetoric re NATO as a way to get other members to pay their fair share and in this context he's absolutely right. It's not explicitly mandated but members have pledged to commit a minimum of 2% of GDP on defense and many are not doing even the bare minimum including France and Germany, they've become too dependent on the US.

Trump has also rightly and openly criticized Germany for conducting business with Russia and building gas pipelines like the NS2 and funding their war-machine. He is absolutely right, the US spends a fortune to help defend Europe/Germany and Germany funds the Russian war machine. It makes a lot of money for Germany but geopolitically its a disaster for our region.

I agree on abortion, that is a disaster. But the laws still vary from state to state and more liberal states allow it, do they not? You can probably still do one in another state

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jul 25, 2024 3:21 pm

Thx a lot for the simple term explanations... otherwise I wouldnt understand as well Razz

Cant believe Im actually developing a bit of interest in these things... must be getting old n prolly b4 I just didnt understand anything hence cant be interested... thx again Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:24 pm

Pedram wrote:
Myesyats wrote:Not its not only for blind people, she has a habit of doing that...

Libs of TikTok. of course.

The Elon Musk echo chamber working its magic i guess. i swear these accounts would barely get any traction before his takeover but now they are shoved in your throat. :brickwall:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libs_of_TikTok

In case you are not familiar what you are being fed.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:29 pm

Less than 0.5% people in the world are transgender. Why do we hear about this every single day? The media are feeding us this for a reason

Its really a negligible number of people within the entire society

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:02 pm

I’m with trump on NATO. One of the few things I agree with him on. We completely caused the Ukraine situation with NATO encroachment and NATO is a blight on the world, it was created to give the finger to Russia and Eastern powers. Don’t get me started on Libya
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:50 pm

Myesyats wrote:I did not ignore it, but shouldnt that age bracket favor Dems anyway?

Anyway, even if its close, that probably means Trump is gonna take the swing states

https://www.axios.com/2024/07/25/poll-harris-biden-trump-young-voters

Very different hmm
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:10 pm

Meh swing states is what matters in US election and I see Trump leading in every swing state bar one

The US Politics Thread - Page 29 GTbIZxRXgAAK-es?format=png&name=900x900

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:25 pm

Myesyats wrote:Less than 0.5% people in the world are transgender. Why do we hear about this every single day? The media are feeding us this for a reason

What does this have to do with olympics? Laughing

Its getting ridiculous at this point

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jul 28, 2024 9:41 am

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:32 am

Chosen One :bow:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Sun Jul 28, 2024 4:29 pm

Inappropriate racial, sexual, and political scandal is kind of up to his discretion lol. I don't see how that's not a problem. None of these things he's talking about are taught in elementary or middle schools, he's just saying things that only dumb ppl believe

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Jul 28, 2024 5:31 pm

Myesyats wrote:

Going for the non-existent anti-woke crowd, worked great for DeSantis lmao.

Still believe this whole CRT, DEI and these three letter scare words only exists on online space and to Musk's dismay, no matter how much he tries to amplify this fake culture wars, people in the real world are mostly indifferent about them.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Jul 28, 2024 7:59 pm

Clutch wrote:Inappropriate racial, sexual, and political scandal is kind of up to his discretion lol. I don't see how that's not a problem. None of these things he's talking about are taught in elementary or middle schools, he's just saying things that only dumb ppl believe

Trump is the definition of a populist politician. It's how he won my favour in '16 until unlike his loyalists with absolutely no fucking life, I saw him as a giant liar by the time mid '17 rolled around.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Jul 28, 2024 9:51 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Clutch wrote:Inappropriate racial, sexual, and political scandal is kind of up to his discretion lol. I don't see how that's not a problem.  None of these things he's talking about are taught in elementary or middle schools, he's just saying things that only dumb ppl believe

Trump is the definition of a populist politician. It's how he won my favour in '16 until unlike his loyalists with absolutely no fucking life, I saw him as a giant liar by the time mid '17 rolled around.

Aren't all American politicians like that? Politicians tend to reflect the culture of the people of their nation to a great extent, and as much as Americans may not want to accept that, I think it's very true in their case. Race, capitalism, patriotism, freedom.. all of the crap that Americans, in particular, love to talk about.

The current prime minister here is far from popular these days, and I really dislike him personally, but I think he appealed to people initially because he seemed quite humble despite never attempting to hide that he's been fed with a silver spoon since birth.

During the same election that he eventually went on to win, the green/environment party saw a huge increase in popularity, which predictably reflects the increasing emphasis on environmental awareness among our youth in particular. I can't imagine a world in which the Green Party wouldn't have steered us in the direction of financial bankruptcy and third world country status, but to some people, it's their key values that matter the most. And they knew how to advertise those values.

Humility has been a highly regarded value in Scandinavian culture for as long as I've been alive, and our politicians are naturally aware of that, just like American politicians are aware that posing as a race champion or freedom fighter will get them popularity votes. Hell, even the guys in Extreme Home Makeover knew that hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 29, 2024 12:35 am

Maturing is realizing all politicians lie

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:23 am

But hey at least the media doesnt lie hmm

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Jul 29, 2024 8:55 pm

Apparently if you google Trump in the states you get Kamala Harris and Facebook is deleting all the pics that epic Trump moment. They are trying everything, as most independent polls show Kamala down on Trump almost as bad as Biden.

Democracy is long dead anyway. Impressive if they pull it off in the end, I won't be surprised though. It's a dirty game.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:14 pm

Its funny how they prove the 'fake news' claim in real time lmfao

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Jul 30, 2024 10:31 pm

Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Jul 31, 2024 2:57 pm

Incredible psyop.

She wasn't even remotely popular as a VP. She's now apparently a rock star candidate within a week Laughing Without doing anything, no great speech, no incredible rally, no memorable moment, anything.

That's because the dems control all the outlets. They have no chance in fair election, let's see if they manage to steal it.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jul 31, 2024 3:10 pm

The entire pitch is that she's not Trump and its risky to bet on that

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Jul 31, 2024 3:48 pm

KH: "Donald Trump doesn't care about border security, he only cares about himself. But when I'm the president, I will work to actually solve the problem"

Thunderous applause

Is the VP right now, directly in charge of border security Laughing Opened the borders to anyone and everyone.

Ffs.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next