NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France

+5
Onyx
Mamad
Kick
theaguia
Grande_Milano
9 posters

Go down

NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France Empty NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France

Post by Grande_Milano Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:07 am

As we know Top 3 teams are Spain, Germany and Holland (in that order). Then go Brazil and Argentine. And then we got other 4 teams that close top division. Which is the best among em, and which will get higher on the ladder? And why?
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 2250
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France Empty Re: NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France

Post by theaguia Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:26 am

i think that portugal, italy and france are in an upward spiral ever since they got new coaches whilst england has carried on downwards. it is difficult to judge the teams because of their revamped squads. i think that portugal is ahead of italy and i do not no how they would fare against france. portugal look like a new team ever since they got bento and are playing some cracking football everything is working with harmony and we look like a team that can take anyone on as shown by the 4-0 win against spain and the 2-1 close defeat against argentina. if we had a capable striker and eduardo found his wc form there wouldnt be much of a debate
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli
Posts : 1006
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France Empty Re: NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France

Post by Grande_Milano Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:33 am

Italy apart Middlefield has a good squad. This the area where Portugal, France and even England wins. But in attack and defence Italy is on par with France ahead of other 2.

Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 2250
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France Empty Re: NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France

Post by theaguia Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:38 am

well atack is really big, wingers are part of attack, an area where portugal wins by far, italy's fullbacks are terrible compared to their cb's. other than chiellieni the other cb are not relly reliable how often have seen andrea r. get burned for pace or bonucci's lapse's of concentration. italy has a great gk but their super defence from 4 seasons ago is gone.
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli
Posts : 1006
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France Empty Re: NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France

Post by Kick Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:25 am

It would have to be England because as you all know, Rooney, Rio, Terry, Stevie and Frankie would all walk into Barca.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34814
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France Empty Re: NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France

Post by Mamad Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:30 pm

defence Italy is on par with France ahead of other 2.

Bosingwa----------Pepe------------Alves-----------Coentrao

better than Italy's defence imo.


Rooney, Rio, Terry, Stevie and Frankie would all walk into Barca.

Just Rooney.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4064
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France Empty Re: NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France

Post by theaguia Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:34 pm

Mamad wrote:
defence Italy is on par with France ahead of other 2.

Bosingwa----------Pepe------------Alves-----------Coentrao

better than Italy's defence imo.


Rooney, Rio, Terry, Stevie and Frankie would all walk into Barca.

Just Rooney.

thank you
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli
Posts : 1006
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France Empty Re: NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France

Post by Kick Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:34 pm

I was quoting the Great Jack Rodwell. Wink
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34814
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France Empty Re: NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:44 pm

Mamad wrote:
defence Italy is on par with France ahead of other 2.

Bosingwa----------Pepe------------Alves-----------Coentrao

better than Italy's defence imo.


Rooney, Rio, Terry, Stevie and Frankie would all walk into Barca.

Just Rooney.

Oh really?

Italy - 1 goal conceded
Portugal - 7 goals conceded

Go to bed

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France Empty Re: NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France

Post by Onyx Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:31 pm

France, followed by Italy, Portugal and then finally England.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40110
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France Empty Re: NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France

Post by Mamad Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:25 pm

sciacca wrote:
Mamad wrote:
defence Italy is on par with France ahead of other 2.

Bosingwa----------Pepe------------Alves-----------Coentrao

better than Italy's defence imo.


Rooney, Rio, Terry, Stevie and Frankie would all walk into Barca.

Just Rooney.

Oh really?

Italy - 1 goal conceded
Portugal - 7 goals conceded

Go to bed

we are comparing squads, players.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4064
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France Empty Re: NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:44 pm

Mamad wrote:
sciacca wrote:
Mamad wrote:
defence Italy is on par with France ahead of other 2.

Bosingwa----------Pepe------------Alves-----------Coentrao

better than Italy's defence imo.


Rooney, Rio, Terry, Stevie and Frankie would all walk into Barca.

Just Rooney.

Oh really?

Italy - 1 goal conceded
Portugal - 7 goals conceded

Go to bed

we are comparing squads, players.

So in your knowledge of football you claim to compare national squads by players. LMAO.
kk, I heard enough, carry on.

Come talk to me when you realize how stupid this is. :coffee:

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France Empty Re: NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France

Post by Mamad Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:12 pm

sciacca wrote:
Mamad wrote:
sciacca wrote:
Mamad wrote:
defence Italy is on par with France ahead of other 2.

Bosingwa----------Pepe------------Alves-----------Coentrao

better than Italy's defence imo.


Rooney, Rio, Terry, Stevie and Frankie would all walk into Barca.

Just Rooney.

Oh really?

Italy - 1 goal conceded
Portugal - 7 goals conceded

Go to bed

we are comparing squads, players.

So in your knowledge of football you claim to compare national squads by players. LMAO.
kk, I heard enough, carry on.

Come talk to me when you realize how stupid this is. :coffee:

Yes. We are comparing players.

and if you want to discuss results and goals conceded you should look at world cup not lesser competitions. in world cup 2010 :

Portugal - 1 goal conceded in 4 games against Brazil, Spain, Ivory Coast and North Korea

Italy - 5 goals conceded in 3 games against Paraguay, New Zealand and Slovakia

now go to bed.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4064
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France Empty Re: NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:17 pm

Mamad wrote:
sciacca wrote:
Mamad wrote:
sciacca wrote:
Mamad wrote:
defence Italy is on par with France ahead of other 2.

Bosingwa----------Pepe------------Alves-----------Coentrao

better than Italy's defence imo.


Rooney, Rio, Terry, Stevie and Frankie would all walk into Barca.

Just Rooney.

Oh really?

Italy - 1 goal conceded
Portugal - 7 goals conceded

Go to bed

we are comparing squads, players.

So in your knowledge of football you claim to compare national squads by players. LMAO.
kk, I heard enough, carry on.

Come talk to me when you realize how stupid this is. :coffee:

Yes. We are comparing players.

and if you want to discuss results and goals conceded you should look at world cup not lesser competitions. in world cup 2010 :

Portugal - 1 goal conceded in 4 games against Brazil, Spain, Ivory Coast and North Korea

Italy - 5 goals conceded in 3 games against Paraguay, New Zealand and Slovakia

now go to bed.

That's the past my friend, now were looking towards the Euro's. Things have changed deal with it. 7 goals conceded and Italy only 1 show's the difference already between the defense. The World Cup is irrelevant to this discussion, it is talking about the currently not the past.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France Empty Re: NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France

Post by Mamad Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:25 pm

sciacca wrote:
Mamad wrote:
sciacca wrote:
Mamad wrote:
sciacca wrote:
Mamad wrote:
defence Italy is on par with France ahead of other 2.

Bosingwa----------Pepe------------Alves-----------Coentrao

better than Italy's defence imo.


Rooney, Rio, Terry, Stevie and Frankie would all walk into Barca.

Just Rooney.

Oh really?

Italy - 1 goal conceded
Portugal - 7 goals conceded

Go to bed

we are comparing squads, players.

So in your knowledge of football you claim to compare national squads by players. LMAO.
kk, I heard enough, carry on.

Come talk to me when you realize how stupid this is. :coffee:

Yes. We are comparing players.

and if you want to discuss results and goals conceded you should look at world cup not lesser competitions. in world cup 2010 :

Portugal - 1 goal conceded in 4 games against Brazil, Spain, Ivory Coast and North Korea

Italy - 5 goals conceded in 3 games against Paraguay, New Zealand and Slovakia

now go to bed.

That's the past my friend, now were looking towards the Euro's. Things have changed deal with it. 7 goals conceded and Italy only 1 show's the difference already between the defense. The World Cup is irrelevant to this discussion, it is talking about the currently not the past.


Past? we are in 2011 not 2020. and again, qualification games aren't that important to judge. we will see both teams in Euro 2012.....
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4064
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France Empty Re: NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:27 pm

Mamad wrote:
sciacca wrote:
Mamad wrote:
sciacca wrote:
Mamad wrote:
sciacca wrote:
Mamad wrote:
defence Italy is on par with France ahead of other 2.

Bosingwa----------Pepe------------Alves-----------Coentrao

better than Italy's defence imo.


Rooney, Rio, Terry, Stevie and Frankie would all walk into Barca.

Just Rooney.

Oh really?

Italy - 1 goal conceded
Portugal - 7 goals conceded

Go to bed

we are comparing squads, players.

So in your knowledge of football you claim to compare national squads by players. LMAO.
kk, I heard enough, carry on.

Come talk to me when you realize how stupid this is. :coffee:

Yes. We are comparing players.

and if you want to discuss results and goals conceded you should look at world cup not lesser competitions. in world cup 2010 :

Portugal - 1 goal conceded in 4 games against Brazil, Spain, Ivory Coast and North Korea

Italy - 5 goals conceded in 3 games against Paraguay, New Zealand and Slovakia

now go to bed.

That's the past my friend, now were looking towards the Euro's. Things have changed deal with it. 7 goals conceded and Italy only 1 show's the difference already between the defense. The World Cup is irrelevant to this discussion, it is talking about the currently not the past.


Past? we are in 2011 not 2020. and again, qualification games aren't that important to judge. we will see both teams in Euro 2012.....

Fine, however we are one game from qualifying. Oh that's right where is Portugal? Oh that's right, fighting for a spot because they have problems against Big Norway and Small Denmark. How sad, what a great team we have so far.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France Empty Re: NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France

Post by Mamad Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:41 pm

Before world Cup Portugal was in same situation or even worse. but they make it and we saw what happened in World cup. 1 goals conceded against likes of Brazil and Spain vs 5 goals conceded against likes of New Zealand and Slovakia.

For 3rd time, qualification games aren't that important to judge

Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4064
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France Empty Re: NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:51 pm

@Everyone in this thread, I think that the two Portugal vs Italy threads analyze the two teams satisfactorily, there is no need to to start the same debate for a THIRD time.

and 2010 is not significant in this debate, since the whole structure of the Italian team changed.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 4476
Join date : 2011-06-23

Back to top Go down

NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France Empty Re: NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:52 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:@Everyone in this thread, I think that the two Portugal vs Italy threads analyze the two teams satisfactorily, there is no need to to start the same debate for a THIRD time.

and 2010 is not significant in this debate, since the whole structure of the Italian team changed.

Exactly...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France Empty Re: NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France

Post by Magricos Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:01 am

How come nobody mentioned England as yet. lol

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 1910
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France Empty Re: NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France

Post by JuvenelCuore Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:08 am

Mamad wrote:Before world Cup Portugal was in same situation or even worse. but they make it and we saw what happened in World cup. 1 goals conceded against likes of Brazil and Spain vs 5 goals conceded against likes of New Zealand and Slovakia.

For 3rd time, qualification games aren't that important to judge


Yeah Buffon didn't play too well.

...

...

...wait. He was injured so we put in an awful goalkeeper. I remember now. Brazil weren't even trying against Portugal settle down. Spain also lost a game against Switzerland so they weren't all that great despite having a superb team. Settle down.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 4224
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France Empty Re: NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:18 am

Now under Prandelli things are getting better What a Face
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2326
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France Empty Re: NT Debate: Italy vs England vs Portugal vs France

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum