CONMEBOL to consider inviting France, Italy, Spain, and Portugal to Copa America 2019

+4
BarrileteCosmico
Unique
rincon
farfan
8 posters

Go down

CONMEBOL to consider inviting France, Italy, Spain, and Portugal to Copa America 2019 Empty CONMEBOL to consider inviting France, Italy, Spain, and Portugal to Copa America 2019

Post by farfan Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:58 am

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/futebol-internacional/noticia/conmebol-pode-chamar-espanha-portugal-italia-e-franca-para-copa-america-no-brasil.ghtml

The phuckery if Ronaldo wins the CA before Messi. CONMEBOL to consider inviting France, Italy, Spain, and Portugal to Copa America 2019 Rejoice
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

CONMEBOL to consider inviting France, Italy, Spain, and Portugal to Copa America 2019 Empty Re: CONMEBOL to consider inviting France, Italy, Spain, and Portugal to Copa America 2019

Post by rincon Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:06 am

A Latin Cup!

I like it, Brazil rolling out the GOAT tournaments.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

CONMEBOL to consider inviting France, Italy, Spain, and Portugal to Copa America 2019 Empty Re: CONMEBOL to consider inviting France, Italy, Spain, and Portugal to Copa America 2019

Post by Unique Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:08 pm

I see us English never got the invite :coffee:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:18 pm

Aren't they also considering doing it the same year as the euro?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:22 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Aren't they also considering doing it the same year as the euro?
might as well just have the world cup every 2 years and do away with the rest.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:37 pm

Isn't the Euro in 2020? this is for 2019.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:43 pm

I don't have any argument to defend my point but i really dislike this idea.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:52 pm

I like it because the Copa is great imo. Every game is intense and most teams can beat each other. There are also so many rivalries and undertones in the games because of how much history these teams (and countries) have with each other. Throw in another 4 great teams and it sounds like a great tournament.

Remember that the Copa invites teams to fill up the slots (2 teams) already. So Mexico, USA, Costa Rica and even Japan have played it before.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:15 pm

If we legitmate this thing, it doesn't make sense the Euro , the Copa America etc every 4 years. Making just the WC.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:18 pm

Its a one time thing btw.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:49 pm

You can't have a NT tournament in back-to-back years.  Too many games for the players.  Once every other year is taxing enough given the extended club seasons.

In any case, I think France will decline from what I heard. The players don't want it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:14 pm

I feel the nausea to think Italy can have on their palmares " Copa America " . Pls, it's not possible even on PES.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:50 pm

sportsczy wrote:

In any case, I think France will decline from what I heard. The players don't want it.

The B and C team players will be eager to prove their worth imo. The team that won the 2001 confederations up comes to mind.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:26 am

Yeah France might send a B or C team... but only if losing wouldn't hurt FIFA rankings. It impacts WC seeding. Not sure how FIFA ranking works so I don't know lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:00 am

considering this is coming from lowly conmebol im not surprised. will be less surprised when its declined.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down