[ 30 ]
Marcelo v Alves  - Page 6 Vote_lcap40%Marcelo v Alves  - Page 6 Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 20 ]

Total Votes : 50

Marcelo v Alves  - Page 6 Empty Re: Marcelo v Alves

Post by alexjanosik Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:36 am

Ganso wrote:the guy is built for barca,not a normal football team

Just curious.
Was he also built for Sevilla or were they also an abnormal team?

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:42 am

"Alves best RB in the last "FIVE-SIX" years"lol.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:46 am

alexjanosik wrote:
Ganso wrote:the guy is built for barca,not a normal football team

Just curious.
Was he also built for Sevilla or were they also an abnormal team?
And was he the best RB in the world when he was there?
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:47 am

Surag.Blueguy wrote:"Alves best RB in the last "FIVE-SIX" years"lol.

We ha this discussion before I believe.
Name a RB who has been better than him the past 5-6 years.
Go on.With your lol(when you dont have anything to back it up its just really lame) it shouldnt be that hard.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:56 am

alexjanosik wrote:

Go on.With your lol(when you dont have anything to back it up its just really lame) it shouldnt be that hard.

Well i am sorry for that.But i dont think he has been the best RB for 5-6 years like you suggest.I agree that currently there's no doubt he is the best RB in the world but you discount the fact there have been players who have had far better seasons in the past few years which subsequently has earned them the best RB honor.

For example when you date back to 2009-10 season i think Maicon was the best RB in the world without a doubt.He has declined since then.And Alves definitely replaced him as the best RB since then.

Also you're simply going by his attacking instincts.You should also judge by a RB's defensive quality.In that respect there is Lahm and Sagna just to name a few.

Most consistent RB in the last five-six years ?Perhaps.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:08 am

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:

Well i am sorry for that.But i dont think he has been the best RB for 5-6 years like you suggest.I agree that currently there's no doubt he is the best RB in the world but you discount the fact there have been players who have had far better seasons in the past few years which subsequently has earned them the best RB honor.

For example when you date back to 2009-10 season i think Maicon was the best RB in the world without a doubt.He has declined since then.And Alves definitely replaced him as the best RB since then.

Also you're simply going by his attacking instincts.You should also judge by a RB's defensive quality.In that respect there is Lahm and Sagna just to name a few.

So out of 5-6 seasons you could name just one season when one player was arguably better than him.
Even then I dont think Maicon was better.Alves was the second top assister in the league behind Xavi(I think) and he was imperious.
But lets say Maicon was better in 2009-10.Alves was still second best.
Then we have 5 other seasons when Alves was clearly the best.

Lahm played RB only recently under Van Gaal and he most certainly wasnt the best at it.Before that he was a LB.That excludes Lahm.Sagna is a good RB but not in Alves level.
So in that respect as you put it,Lahm is excluded and Sagna is not in the same league.

So once again I repeat the question.Over the past 5-6 years who has been better?

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:14 am

alexjanosik wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:

So out of 5-6 seasons you could name just one season when one player was arguably better than him.
Even then I dont think Maicon was better.Alves was the second top assister in the league behind Xavi(I think) and he was imperious.

Lahm played RB only recently under Van Gaal and he most certainly wasnt the best at it.Before that he was a LB.That excludes Lahm.Sagna is a good RB but not in Alves level.
So in that respect as you put it,Lahm is excluded and Sagna is not in the same league.

So once again I repeat the question.Over the past 5-6 years who has been better?
Also who is this mythical RB who had a far better season(as you put it) than Alves the past 5-6 years.
Maicon was arguably better in 09-10 but even then only just.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:31 am

Alves getting raped by the mexicans & gets sent off

While Marcelo wins every 1vs1 & scores the winner

Mr. Alves retire and stick to Farca

No-love. Anti-DNA

LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:36 am

alexjanosik wrote:

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAAHAHHAAH

1.Zambrotta
2.Neville
3.Srna
4.Zanetti
5.Lahm
6.Ramos - I'll give it to him for his international performances.
7.Maicon

This is assuming you meant to say that Dani Alves has been the best right back in the world for the past 6 years.

If you meant to say that over the last 6 years Dani Alves has been the most consistently good Rb then I'd have to knock off Zambrotta,Neville and Zanetti due to his swich to midfield.

However if you do mean that then counting 6 years of perfromances , Maicon ahnialates Alves completely ever since his Monaco days.

So does Lahm.

Ramos and Srna are very very debatable over the last 6 years.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:41 am

ramos>Maicon LOL
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:41 am

Well so what if he was the second higher assister ?He was both defensively and in an attacking sense the best RB in the world.Stats dont tell the whole
story for a Full-Back.I just figured out that Alves and Maicon had same number of assists that season(15).And Inter are a team that dont use width and he was pretty much the main attacking outlet on the right hand side.The contribution was heavy from his side.

There was also Inter-Barca where he outperformed Alves.So yeah he rightfully deserved the best defender award.

Yes i am aware of this but he was immense for both Bayern and Germany in 2009-10 season and in the World cup respectively so he deserves a shout.

Sagna ?Well its your opinion but for the past few seasons he has been consistent and again defensively he was much much better than Alves a few years ago and i believe he still is.

I guess this is turning into a subjective debate.

Maybe he dint earn the recognition whilst he was at Sevilla.At Barca apart from 09-10 season he has been the best RB i concede.

2005-06 ?Zambrotta

2006-07 ?This is a hard one but i would go with Alves.not to mention neville was still going strong.i'd give it to him since he was influential for sevilla in securing the UEFA CUP.

2007-08 ?Sergio Ramos was great for both Real and Spain.He was simply brilliant in the Euros.

2008-09 ?Alves albeit by a slight margin.

2009-10 ?Maicon

And now Alves is the best.There is no disputing that.

Last edited by Surag.Blueguy on Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:12 am; edited 2 times in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:45 am

Ganso wrote:ramos>Maicon LOL

Dude I never said that, it was just a list, not a ranking.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:09 am

ragbirjosh wrote:1.Zambrotta
2.Neville
3.Srna
4.Zanetti
5.Lahm
6.Ramos - I'll give it to him for his international performances.
7.Maicon

Its great that you mention him.This guy's got to be the one of the most underrated fullbacks ever ,maybe he would have earned that well-deserved recognition had he played in one of the top leagues.

He has been pretty consistent over these past few years.

Definitely a good shout mate. Thumbs up

As for Zanetti ?The past 5 years he's been playing in midfield so you cant really place him in that list when we're talking about past 5-6 years perfomances.

Also Maicon was pretty poor defensively under Mancini.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:29 am

Surag.Blueguy wrote:

Well so what if he was the second higher assister ?He was both defensively and in an attacking sense the best RB in the world.Stats dont tell the whole
story for a Full-Back.I just figured out that Alves and Maicon had same number of assists that season(15).And Inter are a team that dont use width and he was pretty much the main attacking outlet on the right hand side.The contribution was heavy from his side.

There was also Inter-Barca where he outperformed Alves.So yeah he rightfully deserved the best defender award.

Yes i am aware of this but he was immense for both Bayern and Germany in 2009-10 season and in the World cup respectively so he deserves a shout.

Sagna ?Well its your opinion but for the past few seasons he has been consistent and again defensively he was much much better than Alves a few years ago and i believe he still is.

I guess this is turning into a subjective debate.

Maybe he dint earn the recognition whilst he was at Sevilla.At Barca apart from 09-10 season he has been the best RB i concede.

2005-06 ?Zambrotta

2006-07 ?This is a hard one but i would go with Alves.not to mention neville was still going strong.i'd give it to him since he was influential for sevilla in securing the UEFA CUP.

2007-08 ?Sergio Ramos was great for both Real and Spain.He was simply brilliant in the Euros.

2008-09 ?Alves albeit by a slight margin.

2009-10 ?Maicon

And now Alves is the best.There is no disputing that.

The fact that you are mentioning the likes of Neville(not even worth a response) shows how bad you are floundering.
Then you mention the likes of Lahm who is not even a RB lol.He played RB under Van Gaal and even then he was nowhere close to Alves.

Zambrotta.You mean the same one who was largely a flop at Barca.Dont think so.Alves wins easily.
Ramos has never been a top 5 RB much less the best RB in the world.As cyber would say O Shea is better than him.Alves was,is and will forever be 10 times the player Ramos is.

So 05-06,06-07,07-08,08-09,10-11.Thats 5 seasons where Alves has been the best.I still think Alves was better than Maicon in 09-10 but lets say Maicon was better.
And Alves is a lock in for the title again this season.

Please no more mention of Lahm(he is not even a RB) and no more Neville.Neville was a solid player but never in his life was he worldclass.Same with the piece of trash Ramos.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:35 am

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:37 am

alexjanosik wrote:

Nevile for one.He was certainly better than Alves at the time he was at Sevilla.So no he wasnt always the best RB for last 5-6 years.And Maicon was better than him in 2009-10 season to.Perhaps the most consistent RB of Last 6 seasons. but certainly wasnt always the best RB for last 6 years.

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:41 am

alexjanosik wrote:
The fact that you are mentioning the likes of Neville(not even worth a response) shows how bad you are floundering.
Please no more mention of Lahm(he is not even a RB) and no more Neville.Neville was a solid player but never in his life was he worldclass.Same with the piece of trash Ramos.

neville isnt a world class ? :facepalm:

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:44 am

alexjanosik wrote:The fact that you are mentioning the likes of Neville(not even worth a response) shows how bad you are floundering.
Then you mention the likes of Lahm who is not even a RB lol.He played RB under Van Gaal and even then he was nowhere close to Alves.

Zambrotta.You mean the same one who was largely a flop at Barca.Dont think so.Alves wins easily.
Ramos has never been a top 5 RB much less the best RB in the world.As cyber would say O Shea is better than him.Alves was,is and will forever be 10 times the player Ramos is.

So 05-06,06-07,07-08,08-09,10-11.Thats 5 seasons where Alves has been the best.I still think Alves was better than Maicon in 09-10 but lets say Maicon was better.

Lets forget Lahm for a second.(Although i still think he has been superb at RB under Vaan gaal and for Germany where currently he's being deployed there)

Zambrotta wasnt the best right back in the year 05-06 ?are you kidding me ?

The same guy who played a vital role in Juve's scudetto success(although it doesnt count) and arguably the best RB of the world cup.I think he was in the world X1 that year.I'm not entirely sure.

And Alves only came into prominence from 2006 onwards.My god ,its incredible how much you overrate him.

Its not even debatable.Zambrotta was the best Rb of 05-06 and putting Alves in the same bracket at that time is quite hilarious.but i agree that he declined since then especially at Barca.

Give credit where its due.Neville was infact great in 06-07 season and he was less injury prone as well.but of course we cant expect anything better with your Barca bias.Its stupid to think that Neville wasnt world class.

2007-08 ?Again thats an extremely biased opinion.I dont even know why am i bothering to respond when ppl dont think he had a brilliant euro campaign and also Real Madrid did win the title that season.Its ignorant to think that dint play a significant part in that success.(both Spain and Real Madrid)

08-09 ?Maicon and Alves were arguably the best right backs but alves just knicked it.

He probably has been the most consistent Rb in the past 5 years but quite frankly he has not been the best in the past 6 years.

And to think that there are quality fullbacks like Srna who hardly get any recognition.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:32 am

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:The fact that you are mentioning the likes of Neville(not even worth a response) shows how bad you are floundering.

Lets forget Lahm for a second.(Although i still think he has been superb at RB under Vaan gaal and for Germany where currently he's being deployed there)

The same guy who played a vital role in Juve's scudetto success(although it doesnt count) and arguably the best RB of the world cup.I think he was in the world X1 that year.I'm not entirely sure.

And Alves only came into prominence from 2006 onwards.My god ,its incredible how much you overrate him.

Its not even debatable.Zambrotta was the best Rb of 05-06 and putting Alves in the same bracket at that time is quite hilarious.but i agree that he declined since then especially at Barca.

Give credit where its due.Neville was infact great in 06-07 season and he was less injury prone as well.but of course we cant expect anything better with your Barca bias.Its stupid to think that Neville wasnt world class.

2007-08 ?Again thats an extremely biased opinion.I dont even know why am i bothering to respond when ppl dont think he had a brilliant euro campaign and also Real Madrid did win the title that season.Its ignorant to think that dint play a significant part in that success.(both Spain and Real Madrid)

08-09 ?Maicon and Alves were arguably the best right backs but alves just knicked it.

He probably has been the most consistent Rb in the past 5 years but quite frankly he has not been the best in the past 6 years.

And to think that there are quality fullbacks like Srna who hardly get any recognition.

Its stupid to think that Neville was at any point in time world class.He just was not.
I had maintained that Alves has been the best RB in the world for the past 5-6 years.
By your own admission he has been so for 3 years(06-07,08-09,10-11).
Coming to Zambrotta,Alves had a brilliant season at Sevilla in 05-06 ending with the Uefa Cup victory.
How the world's supposedly best RB in Zambrotta went to being a scrub for Barca in just one season is beyond me.Fact is he was never that good.

Coming to 07-08,the season where you claim Ramos was better,Alves had 15 assists in the league.
Do me a favor and find me a fullback in recent history(from Carlos to Cafu to the great Zambrotta) who has posted such numbers.
Alves was better in 07-8 too.Dont let the Euro win(in which Ramos contribution was insignificant) fool you.
There is a reason Barca paid close to 40 mil for him and it was because he was the best in the business.

For the last time stop bringing Neville up.We are talking of elite players here so dont know why you keep bringing Neville into the matter(or for that matter Ramos).

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:53 am

alexjanosik wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:

Its stupid to think that Neville was at any point in time world class.He just was not.
I had maintained that Alves has been the best RB in the world for the past 5-6 years.
Coming to Zambrotta,Alves had a brilliant season at Sevilla in 05-06 ending with the Uefa Cup victory.
How the world's supposedly best RB in Zambrotta went to being a scrub for Barca in just one season is beyond me.Fact is he was never that good.

Coming to 07-08,the season where you claim Ramos was better,Alves had 15 assists in the league.
Do me a favor and find me a fullback in recent history(from Carlos to Cafu to the great Zambrotta) who has posted such numbers.
Alves was better in 07-8 too.Dont let the Euro win(in which Ramos contribution was insignificant) fool you.
There is a reason Barca paid close to 40 mil for him and it was because he was the best in the business.

For the last time stop bringing Neville up.We are talking of elite players here so dont know why you keep bringing Neville into the matter(or for that matter Ramos).

Remember this, Alves was wanted by everyone Chelsea offer 30 mil i think.

Imo Alves only recently been the undisputed best Rb in the game, those years in Sevilla he wasn't always playing rb, in the traditional sense.

Also he played second fiddle to Maicon for a long time, and only recently has he broken into the first team and is not playing at the same lvl he does for barca.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:59 am

Alves is the best atm but he hasn't been the best for 5 or 6 years.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:07 am

alexjanosik wrote:

Now another one of your ludicrous claims. Laughing

After alves>zanetti now its alves>zambrotta. :facepalm:

Dint i admit that after the world cup he gradually showed signs of decline !
Before that he was arguably world's best RB.

And for a guy who seems so addicted with stats I just checked Alves 2005-06 stats and he has 0 assists. Laughing Zambrotta has more than him even though he wasnt as prolific an assister as Alves is currently.

Like i said he came into prominence in 06-07 and since then he was one of Sevilla's important players.

Why should his contribution in Spain's euro triumph fool me ?He was succesfully able to nullify the danger of arguably the player who made the most impact in Euros that is andrey arshavin with relative ease.And defensively he was miles better than Alves and he still is imo although its debatable.Ramos was a rock in the backline.

And everyone knew Real Madrid had a trash backline then with an ageing cannavaro and an atrocious defender in Marcelo.Pepe was half-decent back then.But still they managed to win the league so it would be harsh to pick out solely on Ramos although he did reasonably well.

I'm basing my opinion mostly on his Euro perfomances.And also to think that Alves has hardly ever impressed for his country.

Stats dont mean everything to me.And we are judging a fullback here and not a winger.I'd go ahead and say i'd rather prefer a FB with supreme defensive qualities more than a player's attacking prowess.

For the last time stop bringing Neville up.We are talking of elite players here so dont know why you keep bringing Neville into the matter

If you dont think he is then let be it.There is no use debating it.

Ofcourse i understand this but does that automatically render him as the No.1 fullback ?I dont think so.

chelsea splashed 50m for torres when he wasnt even a top 10 striker so I dont even know how this can be used as an argument.Its just an instance which i provided you know.not using this as a reference.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:57 am

Please people this thread was made for Lols and Madrid fans getting serious about Marcelo!! He is a fantastic prospect I rate him highly but he is young and just played one decent season let's wait and see how consistent he will be and then we can compare! Alves is a diving b$@ch but he is really good, just look at his assists in last couple of seasons!

I bet you if I created a Varane vs Puyol thread Madrid fans on this forum would try to convince us that Varane is better lol. Enough rate your players accordingly!!!!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:06 am

Actually I think it's the other fans who are taking it very serious.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:13 am

True both Barca and Madrid fans fight over which teams players are better it's so funny and sad at the same time!!! There are some biased fans on these forums that will not budge no matter what!! That is a good quality for being a diehard fan!!! You can become an ultra with those qualities!! The catch is you have to go to the games. So I dont like to discuss and argue with gloryhunters it's annoying!!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:01 pm

Ahhahahaha, Marcelo is still winning this poll. This is hilarious. :lol!:
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite