[ 30 ]
Marcelo v Alves  - Page 3 Vote_lcap40%Marcelo v Alves  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 20 ]

Total Votes : 50

Marcelo v Alves  - Page 3 Empty Re: Marcelo v Alves

Post by Arquitecto Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:24 pm

Zealous wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
Zealous wrote:Marcelo is good Arq, us overrating him or not doesn't change that.

Marcelo is good and full of talent.

But one season of performing does not get the recognition he deserves as all to many times RM fans here have called him the worlds best LB along with ignoring his defensive frailties.

Marcelo has been playing quite well for pretty much two years now, defensive frailties or not he's been one of the world's premier left backs and he is still quite young for a defender.

Marcelos isn't just full of talent he has talent oozing out of his pours. Alves was never this good when he was 22 and while that doesn't mean Marcelo will continue to get better it does mean that he already has the advantage.

Even in current levels of performance the nutmeg maestro with and afro has been very good.

2 years? I hope to god you are not mentioning his year with Pelle as he was abysmal and most RM fans wanted him out.

The age factor cannot be compared as some players are late bloomers and others bloom when played to their strengths.

Plus, some players also have early peaks then others as this debate point is also invalid due to it being circumstantial.

But in the end, I hope he does well as I enjoy watching him. Lets hope he stays free of injuries.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:25 pm

a little messi esque goal here against Lyon Thumbs up
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:38 pm

Zealous wrote:
highburied wrote:September, October

Marcelo is the best full back

April, May

Get rid of this piece of sh!t

No you must have Marcelo mistaken for Clichy :coffee:

See you in the second half of this season... Smile

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:39 pm

Zealous wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:Marcelo defensively improved in leaps and bounds under Mourinho.That i can agree to.

But I have watched him under Pellegrini and he was an atrocious defender.

He is a good offensive fullback no doubt but he has to have another good season like the last one to be rendered as a truly world class fullback.

His defending is still pretty much the same, the only difference is that now he has more defensive cover inder Jose.

An attacking full back lives and dies by the cover he is given by his team mates.

Well i can agree with your second part as it was a far stable backline under Mourinho.

I disagree with your first line.Marcelo's positioning has greatly improved something which often was cited as a weakness when he was playing under Pellegrini.

Not using one game to judge him but his positioning and marking was totally atrocious against Milan two years ago.He had a total nightmarish game.Just an instance you know.

In certain games he was often deployed as a left winger due to his defensive frailties as a fullback with Arbeloa slotting in place of him.So you cant really say that he has been consistently performing well for 2 years AS a fullback.

He had one great season under Mourinho last season.But he needs a couple more consistent seasons like the previous one to become one of the top fullbacks in the world.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:50 pm

How the hell is Brazil (mano) manages to play crap football with arguably two best attacking full backs in the world is beyond me Shocked
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:56 pm

Adit wrote:How the hell is Brazil (mano) manages to play crap football with arguably two best attacking full backs in the world is beyond me Shocked
Alves and Marcelo only played together once(v Ghana) and we played really sexy football.On our last match we played with Fabio0 and Adriano and 2 pure DMs so we couldnt get the ball off of our defensive mid.

Tuesday Alves,Marcelo and Leiva will play vs Mexico
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:22 pm

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:27 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:Once again people fall victim to the notion that performance vs Barca is the only judge of a players performance.

For RM as a fullback

Marcelo > Ramos

Ramos for spain = Alves for barca

ie Marcelo =/> Alves.

QED.

Rewriting history now?
Newsflash son.
Alves was the best RB in the world before he came to Barca.Or perhaps you didnt know that.Watch some videos of that amazing Sevilla side that won back to back Uefa Cups.
There is a reason Barca paid 30 mil(rose upto 40 mil euros i think) for Alves and it was because he was the best in the business.
Meanwhile you guys got the piece of monkey trash that is Ramos for roughly the same amount.
Alves is 10 times the player Ramos will ever be.
On the thread Marcelo is a great player with a lot of skill and I really enjoy watching him play.But he is still a bit raw.
Alves is better.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:09 pm

Alves best RB? and best RB while he was in Sevilla?
Marcelo v Alves  - Page 3 Tumblr_lh7rtoEuXs1qbbmz9

And Alves better.. wait 10 times better than Ramos Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ?

take those farca glasses off kid
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:15 pm

Anti-DNA wrote:Alves best RB? and best RB while he was in Sevilla?
Marcelo v Alves  - Page 3 Tumblr_lh7rtoEuXs1qbbmz9

And Alves better.. wait 10 times better than Ramos Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ?

take those farca glasses off kid

Pray tell me,who was better?
BTW how is buying the piece of garbage for 30 mil working out for you?
Its been great hasnt it?
3 leagues,2 CL's.The first sistuple in history!!!!
Hang on a minute.There seems to be some confusion.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:18 pm

alves is the best rb in the world cmon....
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:22 pm

On the subject of Marcelo,would have dearly loved him to be a Barca player.
If there is a player who can replace Alves for us(on the left though) its Marcelo.But he would need to work a hell of a lot harder for us.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:32 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:Once again people fall victim to the notion that performance vs Barca is the only judge of a players performance.

For RM as a fullback

Marcelo > Ramos

ie Marcelo =/> Alves.

QED.

Rewriting history now?
Newsflash son.
Alves was the best RB in the world before he came to Barca.Or perhaps you didnt know that.Watch some videos of that amazing Sevilla side that won back to back Uefa Cups.
There is a reason Barca paid 30 mil(rose upto 40 mil euros i think) for Alves and it was because he was the best in the business.
Meanwhile you guys got the piece of monkey trash that is Ramos for roughly the same amount.
On the thread Marcelo is a great player with a lot of skill and I really enjoy watching him play.But he is still a bit raw.
Alves is better.

LOL ,You missed the whole point :facepalm:

Alves was fantastic at Sevilla , I don't deny that and I don't deny that he is better than Ramos at RB however do you think it's a coincidence that at every international tournament Ramos plays at for Spain , he plays like a god.Do you think he suddenly becomes a better defender when he plays for Spain? . His defensive frailties are covered up by the system.The same happens with Alves at Barca.

Marcelo does not have that luxury.

And as for Ramos being "monkey trash" . You can call him that all you want, it dosen't make you look smart or Barca look better in any way or Real Madrid look worse.

By the way I could care less how much you paid for Alves , because as far as I'm concerned a transfer fee proves nothing.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:38 pm

"Marcelo is the third best player in La Liga after Messi and Ronaldo" - Maradona

Maradona ranks Marcelo higher and so do I Laughing
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:50 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:

For RM as a fullback

Marcelo > Ramos

ie Marcelo =/> Alves.

QED.

Rewriting history now?
Newsflash son.
Alves is better.

Alves was fantastic at Sevilla , I don't deny that and I don't deny that he is better than Ramos at RB however do you think it's a coincidence that at every international tournament Ramos plays at for Spain , he plays like a god.Do you think he suddenly becomes a better defender when he plays for Spain? . His defensive frailties are covered up by the system.The same happens with Alves at Barca.

And as for Ramos being "monkey trash" . You can call him that all you want, it dosen't make you look smart or Barca look better in any way or Real Madrid look worse.

By the way I could care less how much you paid for Alves , because as far as I'm concerned a transfer fee proves nothing.

Were his defensive frailties also covered up by Sevilla?That is such a weak point.
If you must watch the last few Barca games.Where Alves has had to play a disciplined role as part of a 3 man backline.
He has been terrific defensively in the 3 man backline.

The transfer money in itself doesnt prove a poin(as the Ramos transfer ought to prove).
But the record trasnfer money plus the world class performances Alves puts in week in week out sure do prove a point.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:54 pm

That is all Sanchez did the whole game.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:58 pm

The fullback debate is only decided by which flank Lahm decides to play in the current season :coffee:

Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:00 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:

For RM as a fullback

Marcelo > Ramos

ie Marcelo =/> Alves.

QED.

Rewriting history now?
Newsflash son.
Alves is better.

Were his defensive frailties also covered up by Sevilla?That is such a weak point.
If you must watch the last few Barca games.Where Alves has had to play a disciplined role as part of a 3 man backline.
He has been terrific defensively in the 3 man backline.

The transfer money in itself doesnt prove a poin(as the Ramos transfer ought to prove).
But the record trasnfer money plus the world class performances Alves puts in week in week out sure do prove a point.

I suppose Sevilla didn't concede goal a game during those years?
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/team/stats/_/id/243/season/2005/league/esp.1/sevilla-fc?cc=3888.

Even so any defensive sucess they had can be easily put down to Navarro,Escude,Ocio,Puerta all of whom were better than Alves defensively..TBH Alves also had a great advantage in that he played with Navas as A RM who was(and still is) excellent a tracking back.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:02 pm

Alves and by fcking miles :facepalm:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:03 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:That is all Sanchez did the whole game.

Considering Madrid dominated the game that isnt exactly Sanchez fault but nearly everytime he got at Marcelo he raped him which shows his obvious defensive frailties....

Dont make me bring up Affelay and Pedro.....

He's a much improved player in his defensive game but lets not make him out to be something hes not.....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:06 pm

Btw Alves is playing second fiddle to maicon in Brazilian NT,and he floped in copa so hard.Almost every decent wingers raped him all week and sunday afternoon.The supposed to be best Rb wasnt even starting for Brazil NT in world cup lol.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:09 pm

Adit wrote:Btw Alves is playing second fiddle to maicon in Brazilian NT,and he floped in copa so hard.Almost every decent wingers raped him all week and sunday afternoon.The supposed to be best Rb wasnt even starting for Brazil NT in world cup lol.
Mehcelo didn't even play in the copa Laughing Andre Santos > Mehcelo for the NT

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:14 pm

If you need defence, I d consider playing Coentrao over Marc.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:15 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:If you need defence, I d consider playing Coentrao over Marc.

Disagree as much as Marcelo maybe overrated by some Madrid fans he is so much better than Coentrao who imo is riding off some decent performances at a world cup who when i have seen for Madrid and Benfica has never impressed me.....

Marcelo > Coentrao anyday for me.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:17 pm

mole,coentrao is alot more balanced and he is defensively very good.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:20 pm

this Copa America was a one off,so many wierd things hapenned...

hell,Forlan looked like Rooney and Ganso looked like a traffic cone
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next