Post by free_cat Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:01 am

Ahhahahaha, Marcelo is still winning this poll. This is hilarious. :lol!:

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Marcelo v Alves  - Page 7 Empty Re: Marcelo v Alves

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:04 am

free_cat wrote:Ahhahahaha, Marcelo is still winning this poll. This is hilarious. :lol!:

That is its purpose lol

Only poll Dani Alves could win realistically is the best diver award.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:32 pm

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:
free_cat wrote:Ahhahahaha, Marcelo is still winning this poll. This is hilarious. :lol!:

That is its purpose lol

:bow:
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:42 pm

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:

That is its purpose lol

i could rep you all day long man. quality post that was
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:16 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:
Its stupid to think that Neville was at any point in time world class.He just was not.
I had maintained that Alves has been the best RB in the world for the past 5-6 years.
By your own admission he has been so for 3 years(06-07,08-09,10-11).
Coming to Zambrotta,Alves had a brilliant season at Sevilla in 05-06 ending with the Uefa Cup victory.
How the world's supposedly best RB in Zambrotta went to being a scrub for Barca in just one season is beyond me.Fact is he was never that good.

Coming to 07-08,the season where you claim Ramos was better,Alves had 15 assists in the league.
Do me a favor and find me a fullback in recent history(from Carlos to Cafu to the great Zambrotta) who has posted such numbers.
Alves was better in 07-8 too.Dont let the Euro win(in which Ramos contribution was insignificant) fool you.
There is a reason Barca paid close to 40 mil for him and it was because he was the best in the business.

For the last time stop bringing Neville up.We are talking of elite players here so dont know why you keep bringing Neville into the matter(or for that matter Ramos).

Now another one of your ludicrous claims. Laughing

After alves>zanetti now its alves>zambrotta. :facepalm:

Dint i admit that after the world cup he gradually showed signs of decline !
Before that he was arguably world's best RB.

And for a guy who seems so addicted with stats I just checked Alves 2005-06 stats and he has 0 assists. Laughing Zambrotta has more than him even though he wasnt as prolific an assister as Alves is currently.

Like i said he came into prominence in 06-07 and since then he was one of Sevilla's important players.

Why should his contribution in Spain's euro triumph fool me ?He was succesfully able to nullify the danger of arguably the player who made the most impact in Euros that is andrey arshavin with relative ease.And defensively he was miles better than Alves and he still is imo although its debatable.Ramos was a rock in the backline.

And everyone knew Real Madrid had a trash backline then with an ageing cannavaro and an atrocious defender in Marcelo.Pepe was half-decent back then.But still they managed to win the league so it would be harsh to pick out solely on Ramos although he did reasonably well.

I'm basing my opinion mostly on his Euro perfomances.And also to think that Alves has hardly ever impressed for his country.

Stats dont mean everything to me.And we are judging a fullback here and not a winger.I'd go ahead and say i'd rather prefer a FB with supreme defensive qualities more than a player's attacking prowess.

For the last time stop bringing Neville up.We are talking of elite players here so dont know why you keep bringing Neville into the matter(or for that matter Ramos).

For the last time stop bringing Neville up.We are talking of elite players here so dont know why you keep bringing Neville into the matter

If you dont think he is then let be it.There is no use debating it.

There is a reason Barca paid close to 40 mil for him and it was because he was the best in the business.

Ofcourse i understand this but does that automatically render him as the No.1 fullback ?I dont think so.

chelsea splashed 50m for torres when he wasnt even a top 10 striker so I dont even know how this can be used as an argument.Its just an instance which i provided you know.not using this as a reference.

The fact that you think Ramos is a miles better defender just shows how much you know about the game.
Even funnier is the fact that you are judging Ramos solely by the Euro(as you yourself claimed).So I take it you did not watch him during the entire season but chose to come to the conclusion that Ramos was the best in the world in the 07-08 season based on a tournament which was played after the 07-08 season ended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!A tournament in which Alves didnt even play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I admire your reasoning skills.Really do.
Newsflash.The season lasts the entire year.The best RB for the season should go the player who has been just that,the best over the entire season and not to someone who supposedly shone in a 3 week tournament at the end of the season.

How the hell do you figure that Ramos is far better defensively?
Ramos is positionally poor,far too hotheaded,and goes in far too easily.Try and count the mistakes that Ramos has amde the past 4-5 years and then compare it to Alves's.
Alves is far better defensively.

Regarding your preference for supreme defensive FB,is Ramos a supreme defender?

I still dont get what you are debating.
I had maintained that Alves has been the best RB in the world for the past 5-6 years.You mocked that with a lol.When I challenged you to name players who were better you acknowledged that Alves had been the best for 3 of the past 5 years.
Then you mentioned the name of Lahm who is not even a RB.A Ramos who is simply not even in the same league.The only case you have made is for Maicon which I have admitted.

So what are you still arguing?You admitted that Alves was the best in 3 seasons,could only name Zambrotta as being supposedly better in 05-06(not true),only Ramos who was supposedly better in 07-08(this one deserves a LOL).

So what made you LOL on my statement?

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:41 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
The fact that you think Ramos is a miles better defender just shows how much you know about the game.
Even funnier is the fact that you are judging Ramos solely by the Euro(as you yourself claimed).So I take it you did not watch him during the entire season but chose to come to the conclusion that Ramos was the best in the world in the 07-08 season based on a tournament which was played after the 07-08 season ended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!A tournament in which Alves didnt even play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Newsflash.The season lasts the entire year.The best RB for the season should go the player who has been just that,the best over the entire season and not to someone who supposedly shone in a 3 week tournament at the end of the season.

Ramos is positionally poor,far too hotheaded,and goes in far too easily.Try and count the mistakes that Ramos has amde the past 4-5 years and then compare it to Alves's.

I had maintained that Alves has been the best RB in the world for the past 5-6 years.You mocked that with a lol.When I challenged you to name players who were better you acknowledged that Alves had been the best for 3 of the past 5 years.
Then you mentioned the name of Lahm who is not even a RB.A Ramos who is simply not even in the same league.The only case you have made is for Maicon which I have admitted.

So what are you still arguing?You admitted that Alves was the best in 3 seasons,could only name Zambrotta as being supposedly better in 05-06(not true),only Ramos who was supposedly better in 07-08(this one deserves a LOL).

Dude cut the BS out there.There would be fans and maybe a even few level headed Barca fans who would agree with me that Alves hasnt been the BEST RB in the last five-six years as you suggest.

Well then i can safely say that you dont watch anything outside la liga.

Yes i openly admit it i havent really watched the entire or most of the 2007-08 La Liga season and yes i was a bit exagerrative when i said he is a far better defender than Alves.

But there's no doubt in my mind i can say it with a conviction that he was the best RB in the world having watched him in the Euros.

So what if Alves dint participate in that tournament ?I think the Euros which is one of the elite competitions in the world can be used as a measure to judge a players quality and he did exceedingly well in that tournament.

You are making it sound as though he had a crap clubs season.5 goals and 5 assists is a decent return when you talk about attacking prowess although its quite inferior in comparision to Alves's.

Yup i agree with you ,he's sort of declined in the past few years both in an attacking and defensive sense but you cant take away from the fact that he has been terrific for Spain whenever he's played in that shirt.

I am not at all comparing both of them presently ,dont get me wrong ,it was only that particular season where i thought he was the best RB in the world.I feel he is more suited as a CB perhaps.

Dint i apologize when i mocked you with a lol ?I just dint feel it right when you claimed he has been the best RB in the last six years.

But i have admitted that he has been the one of the most consistent fullbacks though.

And regarding Zambrotta ?Its clear that you havent watched 05-06 season of both Alves and Zambrotta.

And i even brought stats up since you seem to be obsessed with it.he had o assists.and not to forget Zambrotta won wc and scudetto with juve.

Alves he wasnt even a notable figure at that time shows how serious you are about this argument.

I simply conclude by saying Alves hasnt been the best RB in the last six years.The honor for the best Rb have kept on changing season after season where fullbacks have marginally edged each other.But now without a doubt he is the best RB in the world

no need for insults.This was totally uncalled for.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:50 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:

Dude cut the BS out there.There would be fans and maybe a even few level headed Barca fans who would agree with me that Alves hasnt been the BEST RB in the last five-six years as you suggest.

Well then i can safely say that you dont watch anything outside la liga.

Yes i openly admit it i havent really watched the entire or most of the 2007-08 La Liga season and yes i was a bit exagerrative when i said he is a far better defender than Alves.

But there's no doubt in my mind i can say it with a conviction that he was the best RB in the world having watched him in the Euros.

So what if Alves dint participate in that tournament ?I think the Euros which is one of the elite competitions in the world can be used as a measure to judge a players quality and he did exceedingly well in that tournament.

You are making it sound as though he had a crap clubs season.5 goals and 5 assists is a decent return when you talk about attacking prowess although its quite inferior in comparision to Alves's.

Yup i agree with you ,he's sort of declined in the past few years both in an attacking and defensive sense but you cant take away from the fact that he has been terrific for Spain whenever he's played in that shirt.

I am not at all comparing both of them presently ,dont get me wrong ,it was only that particular season where i thought he was the best RB in the world.I feel he is more suited as a CB perhaps.

Dint i apologize when i mocked you with a lol ?I just dint feel it right when you claimed he has been the best RB in the last six years.

But i have admitted that he has been the one of the most consistent fullbacks though.

And regarding Zambrotta ?Its clear that you havent watched 05-06 season of both Alves and Zambrotta.

And i even brought stats up since you seem to be obsessed with it.he had o assists.and not to forget Zambrotta won wc and scudetto with juve.

Alves he wasnt even a notable figure at that time shows how serious you are about this argument.

I simply conclude by saying Alves hasnt been the best RB in the last six years.The honor for the best Rb have kept on changing season after season where fullbacks have marginally edged each other.But now without a doubt he is the best RB in the world

no need for insults.This was totally uncalled for.

Apology accepted.Didnt see that.
I still dont get how based on a 3 week tournament after the season is over,you claim player X is better than player Y for the season when player Y didnt even play in the tournament.
Just dont think its an objective way to rate someone.Best in the season means best over the season and not best in a tournament which the other player didnt even get to play.But there is no use debating this point anymore.

The assists point in 05-06 season.One site claims he had 8 assists in the league,another 3 and another zero.Not sure which is correct.
On Zambrotta,he had an immense World Cup,i give you that.But Alves was immense too and it was that season that he really annunced himself as a player.I admit that Zambrotta has a strong case but so too does Alves.

The debate seems to be heading nowhere constructive so lets drop it.

On the last comment I apologize.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:55 pm

Dani Alves individual awards(not a single best defender in the world) only barca fans assume that

Individual
UEFA Cup Most Valuable Player: 1
UEFA Super Cup Most Valuable Player: 1
FIFPro World XI: 1
ESM Team of the Year: 4
2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010-11
UEFA Team of the Year: 2
2007, 2009
La Liga's Best Defender: 1

Ramos Idividual awards(lol alves cant even compare himself to ramos ffs, stopp overrating that garbage)

Individual
UEFA's Best new player of 2004–05
UEFA's 2005–06 All-World Defensive Player of the Year
La Liga: Don Balón Award - Breakthrough Player of the Year 2005
ESM Team of the year: 2007–08
FIFPro: World XI 2007–08
UEFA: Team of the Year 2008[11]
FIFA.com: Team of the Year 2008[12]
Antonio Puerta Award[13]
Móstoles Sports Elite Award[14]
2010 FIFA World Cup: Castrol Index Winner[15]
FIFA World Cup All-Star Team: 2010
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:26 pm

Im not surprised tbh..

Actually, I gave up on forum polls since Busquets had 20 votes vs Xabi Alonso.

20 votes ffs.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:16 pm

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:

That is its purpose lol

:bow:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:19 pm

LMAO cant believe people are comparing Ramos and Alves.Sergio is a class below.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:40 am

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:

That is its purpose lol

I know it's super unoriginal, but damn, I just gotta :bow: to that post!
Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:20 am

How can people say Alves can defend? People look how well he played in that second leg of SuperCopa aganist Madrid. Ronaldo couldn't get past him. I think they are both equal in attack that why you both have them in the side together. Maicon and Santos are more defending people!
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum: