Lord Spencer
McAgger
Grande_Milano
23 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Italian Midfield in EURO 2012 Empty Italian Midfield in EURO 2012

Post by Grande_Milano Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:50 pm

Problem area, right choices may increase chances of going further in the competition. How should it look?

De Rossi-Pirlo-Marchisio (if all continue with the form)

Or insert Montolivo and T.Motta somewhere along the lines?
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Italian Midfield in EURO 2012 Empty Re: Italian Midfield in EURO 2012

Post by McAgger Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:56 pm

Motolivo, De Rossi and Marchisio got destroyed in the World Cup......just saying
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:03 pm

Messiakanino wrote:Motolivo, De Rossi and Marchisio got destroyed in the World Cup......just saying
\

De Rossi was having a low form during the WC, and Marchisio is becoming a better player.

Also, Pirlo is miles better than Montelivo.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:04 pm

Depends on the formation

De Rossi-Pirlo-Marchisio has a real nice balance to it though.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:07 pm

Luca wrote:Depends on the formation

that is the midfield I would go with .... with Montolivo on bench
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:19 pm

Currently Prandelli is going with De Rossi/Motta-Pirlo-Marchisio in a three man midfield with Montolivo as a trequartista,Cassano and Rossi upfront..

He has fielded a similar lineup in many of the qualifiers only with a bit of rotation in midfield..I certainly dont think Montolivo can be relied on in a DLP role as he has been very unconvincing in that position for his club but he has certainly reveled playing as a TQ..So there is in my opinion a bit of over-reliance of Pirlo..

Marchisio-Pirlo bond is growing and both are having a great season so far along with De Rossi although its fairly very early to tell,I think they'd pretty much be the three midfielders starting in Euro 2012 games..

Also Prandelli has chosen balance in many of his games as he prefers a Midfielder in the '1' of the 4-3-1-2 rather than an SS like Cassano..With Aquilani's poor form,Monty is pretty much ahead of him currently and i dont think he will be benched especially if he uses a 4-3-1-2..

But in my opinion 4-3-2-1 is the best formation for Italy..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Looking at these proposed formations, the midfield won't be a strength for Italy, that's for sure.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:50 pm

I hope we play with our 4-3-1-2

Midfiels for me would be

de rossi-monti-marchisio with pirlo as back up for monti or as a sub if monti is havin a bad game due to pirlo age by next i think
He should be a super or when we need to
Close out a big match his calmess and experiemce will help.aquilani also on bench.motta i really dnt wanna see play for
Italy.

Cassano should play in the hole behind the strikers with balotelli and rossi/pazzini up front.

Those sayin our mid is weak are u serz we monti who is very talented and is a lot more experienced now and we got
De rossi and marchisio who are both very adept at trackin back to help the defence and help the attack.

And with balo and rossi up front with cassano playin just
Behind them italy will be a handful to
Contain !!
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:55 pm

Italy are in even bigger trouble than England if their playmaker is Cassano.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:59 pm

Gil wrote:Italy are in even bigger trouble than England if their playmaker is Cassano.

How so ??

Balo and rossi are boh better as pure strikers while cassano is more creative than both while not bein as prolific, hence bein the playmaker as he can create and pop in with a few goals.

Why have one of rossi or balo on the bench when u can have all 3 playin together runnin a muck.

Open to ur opinion though, why do u think cassano would be a bad choice??
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:04 pm

Cassano isnt being deployed as a playmaker for Italy..Thats a bit of a false information..He is recently being played as more of a false 9 alongside Rossi with Montolivo as the trequartista..And i have to say he has fared well..

And i dont see Cassano playing in the hole as he is simply not accustomed for it..Also Pirlo is a must in the lineup..Montolivo is not good enough for the DLP role..

In my opinion a 4-3-2-1 formation with Cassano and Rossi behind Pazzini would be the more viable option to consider..

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:11 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:Cassano isnt being deployed as a playmaker for Italy..Thats a bit of a false information..He is recently being played as more of a false 9 alongside Rossi with Montolivo as the trequartista..And i have to say he has fared well..

And i dont see Cassano playing in the hole as he is simply not accustomed for it..Also Pirlo is a must in the lineup..Montolivo is not good enough for the DLP role..

In my opinion a 4-3-2-1 formation with Cassano and Rossi behind Pazzini would be the more viable option to consider..

Fair enough although i never said he was being played there now. I meant i would like to see him there.
Although i do like ur idea only thing i would chane is balotelli leadin the line rather than paz.

Yes i know he is a bit of a risk but if he keeps up his good form and attitude then he has to play in my eyes, balotelli is the kind of player that with his talent can lead us straight to a trophy. The kid has it all just hope he can keep behavin himself as thats his only downfall.

I would love to see pirlo play in all game but at his age i think he is better used as a sub as per my previous comments.

michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:22 pm

michael1 wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:Cassano isnt being deployed as a playmaker for Italy..Thats a bit of a false information..He is recently being played as more of a false 9 alongside Rossi with Montolivo as the trequartista..And i have to say he has fared well..

Fair enough although i never said he was being played there now. I meant i would like to see him there.
Although i do like ur idea only thing i would chane is balotelli leadin the line rather than paz.

Yes i know he is a bit of a risk but if he keeps up his good form and attitude then he has to play in my eyes, balotelli is the kind of player that with his talent can lead us straight to a trophy. The kid has it all just hope he can keep behavin himself as thats his only downfall.

I would love to see pirlo play in all game but at his age i think he is better used as a sub as per my previous comments.

Believe me..Thats what i like to see..Balotelli as a centre forward as i believe he has the ability as evidenced in a few manchester city games i witnessed last season..Cassano-Rossi behind Balotelli is a mouth-watering prospect on paper as Balo is technically very gifted but we have to also understand that the aerial prowess that Pazzini brings to the table is very important as we have quality wingbacks marauding down the flanks time and again..Also he's a lethal finisher and holds up the ball well so we have to take that into consideration as well..

Not saying Balo cant but Balo likes to work with ball often ,he is more of an SS and has the ability to play on the wings as well..There could be a possibility that he could get frustrated knowing his attitude if he is being deployed as a lone striker upfront as he wont be seeing too much the ball..And having Pazzini is better-off in that respect..

But as i said i hope we can see all three together..

As for Pirlo?There is the age factor but i think he is still the best Italian Midfielder at the moment..Monty is good but having watched him at Viola ,i dont think he can do as good as a job as a Pirlo can do imo..Provided he keeps his fitness ,i think he is an undisputed first choice for me..there's no question..there is enough defensive cover with De Rossi and Marchisio..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:32 pm

On paper the MF suggestions for Italy here seem good, but like Messiakanino said, most of the mentioned players failed on the previous big occasion on international stage.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:37 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
michael1 wrote:

Believe me..Thats what i like to see..Balotelli as a centre forward as i believe he has the ability as evidenced in a few manchester city games i witnessed last season..Cassano-Rossi behind Balotelli is a mouth-watering prospect on paper as Balo is technically very gifted but we have to also understand that the aerial prowess that Pazzini brings to the table is very important as we have quality wingbacks marauding down the flanks..Also he's a lethal finisher and holds up the ball well so we have to take that into consideration as well..

Not saying Balo cant but Balo likes to work with ball often ,he is more of an SS and has the ability to play on the wings as well..There could be a possibility that he could get frustrated knowing his attitude if he is being deployed as a lone striker upfront as he wont be seeing too much the ball..And having Pazzini is better-off in that respect..

But as i said i hope we can see all three together..

As for Pirlo?There is the age factor but i think he is still the best Italian Midfielder at the moment..Monty is good but having watched him at Viola ,i dont think he can do as good as a job as a Pirlo can do imo..Provided he keeps his fitness ,i think he is an undisputed first choice for me..there's no question..there is enough defensive cover with De Rossi and Marchisio..

Hmm good points will have to see how balotellis season turns out i guess before we can really know whether he can be the leader we want him to be signs are encouragin espc on te frustratin front dont know if u watched him this weekend but he had some very close shot that just missed and compared to usual there was no frustration in his face.

I dnt know but he is fav italian right now i thinks it all the talent he has, i just know he can do a ronaldo of 2002 if he puts his mind to it.

Pirlo is def our best midfielder no doubt but the main reason i want to see monti there and pirlo as back up is against quick teams pirlo might get overun but more importantly the 2014 world cup as pirlo will more than likely to retired by then and i see the euros as montis comin of age for italy which will be absolutely invaluable experience for him to brign to the world cup.

Hope u get what im tryin to say there regardin pirlo.

Ps. Thank for a nice civilised and detailed chat doesnt happen a lot on here Smile
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:03 pm

Pirlo De Rossi Motta
Giovinco
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:25 pm

justdoit_ wrote:Looking at these proposed formations, the midfield won't be a strength for Italy, that's for sure.
ouch....
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:26 pm

I am yet to see Nocerino in these lineups :coffee:
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:26 pm

Messiakanino wrote:Motolivo, De Rossi and Marchisio got destroyed in the World Cup......just saying

False as you didn't follow Italy enough. Marchisio was used as an AM role in a 4-2-3-1, in which he didn't play in his natural position. De Rossi never got destroyed and niether did Montolivo, it was mostly our goalkeeping and defensive errors in which relates to your term, 'being detroyed'.

Lord Spencer wrote:
\

De Rossi was having a low form during the WC, and Marchisio is becoming a better player.

Also, Pirlo is miles better than Montelivo.

Yes, De Rossi was having a low poor form due to personal problems in his family with law and none sense like that, but now he's back form and nonetheless one of the best CM's in the world, the likes of Man U and Man City approached him numerous times, his price tag speaks for himself. However, like I said above, De Rossi was not that bad as he was not the worst player from Lippi's 2008-2010 regin as he even scored a magnificant goal from the corner and showed great heart each every time we needed it.

Marchisio is becoming a better player and has been growing ever since 2008, as an important player. In fact right now Marchisio is Italy's most consistent midfielder. He's doing great now with Juventus and hopefully he continues. Prandelli said it himself, that Marchisio is not showing his true values in which is going to make him an important player for the squad. Thiago Motta will surely be used as depth, even though not being called up now due to injuries, Marchisio has been far more superior in performances compared to Motta.

Of course Pirlo is better than Montolivo. And Pirlo and Montolivo shouldn't even be compared to the matter that Pirlo is used as a regista and Montolivo is used as a Trequartista. Nonetheless one is older than the other... but one is World Class and the other isn't... Montolivo though is also favored by Prandelli as he is one of his Fiorentina boys, but realistically does not merit a call up, his performances have been poor and has done nothing with Fiorentina except for controversy, but I will admit his work rate with the national team has been great.

Luca wrote:Depends on the formation

The formation will always been depended on a 3 man mid. Either a 4-3-3 or a 4-3-1-2. In today's press conference... Prandelli said he will not call upon wingers in form like Pepe, Ceri and Schelotto with all due respect to them, he believes his system has been great without wingers and so he will not change his plans because of their performances if the national team keep doing what its expected from their rebuild and project, in whihc I completely agree with... Our CM's are much more in quality than our wingers. Pepe and Cerci are not Azzurri material.

Indeed it does have a nice balance and it's very fluid. You got it all... Strengh, work, creativity and vision all put in one. Two of the best and one approaching to that.

justdoit_ wrote:Looking at these proposed formations, the midfield won't be a strength for Italy, that's for sure.

Won't be a strenght for Italy? How so, because you don't realize our midfield does not need wingers.

De Rossi - One of the best Defensive Midfielders in the World

Pirlo - World Class, Him and Xavi are on top when it comes to their roles

Thiago Motta - They don't come tougher than him, and currently playing for one of the best clubs in the World

Marchisio - Italy's most consistent midfielder, current best in Juventus behind Pirlo, and has potential to be one of the best

Aquilani - Experienced, skilled and talented. Has great vision and great quality for his spot

and I can go on and on.

Gil wrote:Italy are in even bigger trouble than England if their playmaker is Cassano.

Your kidding me right? First of all, don't speak about Italy if you don't know anything about our squad. In fact Cassano is not even playing in a Trequartista, he's playing as a support striker, so the answer to your post is NO. We rely most of our playmaking from Pirlo our deep lying playermaker, Cassano, Giovinco, Montolivo and Balotelli when on the pitch. So get your information straight and no Italy is no problems thank you very much. We are able to both defend and score goals and even qualified early on for the Euro's.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:30 pm

4-3-2-1
Buffon
Maggio Bonucci Ranocchia Chiellini
De Rossi Pirlo Marchisio
Giovinco------Rossi
Balotelli

Something like this ?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:30 pm

zarola wrote:
Pirlo De Rossi Motta
Giovinco

All wrong Zarola... Pirlo is a Regista, he needs to play centrally and he is both with Juventus and under Prandelli...

Motta? Why... Sure he's good, but his performances with Inter have been poor, time for Marchisio, and Interista bias clearly show's that lol.

Giovinco, sure why not...? Currently Serie A's top goal scorer just finishing scoring 2 goals and having one assist. He's on fire and his quality for pace, dribbling and creativity is great for him to be in a TQ position. Expect him to start in one of the games as Prandelli in his press conference admitted to admiring Giovinco a lot in which the media were playing him down.

Ganso wrote:
ouch....

Yes ouch... What a stupid post he wrote. :facepalm:

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:I am yet to see Nocerino in these lineups :coffee:

Nocerino is only used as depth, he's like the Pazienza of Italy lol... he's the last option. Great depth player without a doubt, not a starting role sorry.

Immaculate_Mole wrote:4-3-2-1
Buffon
Maggio Bonucci Ranocchia Chiellini
De Rossi Pirlo Marchisio
Giovinco------Rossi
Balotelli

Something like this ?

Formation is right, players are all wrong.

Prandelli said in his press conference he's going to test out the partnership's of Cassano/Rossi, Cassano/Balotelli. In one of the games as well, Giovinco/Balotelli(Rossi)
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:15 am

Lol, child please. Put any of those diamond combinations in a competitive match against the five man groupings Spain and Germany put together and see what happens.

Every other aspect of Italy's lineup is better. Deal with.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:18 am

justdoit_ wrote:Lol, child please. Put any of those diamond combinations in a competitive match against the five man groupings Spain and Germany put together and see what happens.

Every other aspect of Italy's lineup is better. Deal with.

Odd, we faced both Germany and Spain and yet we went undeafeted in both fixtures with them. In that sense we are better in all aspects if we go with your logic. :coffee:

This coming from someone who thinks Nasri deserves a spot more than Balotelli :facepalm:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:20 am

That's why I said competitive match. Jog on.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:23 am

He is right, the midfield appears to be the weakest area of Italian football right now.
The defense and attack is stronger (options like Balotelli, Rossi, Cassano, Giovinco going forward).
The defense, I don't even have to list you guys know them by now.

However, if Marchisio and De Rossi keep up their current form and Pirlo stays healthy I wouldn't go that far to say it is a weak area of play.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next