Lord Spencer
McAgger
Grande_Milano
23 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Italian Midfield in EURO 2012 - Page 4 Empty Re: Italian Midfield in EURO 2012

Post by Adit Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:55 pm

Motalivo-pirlo-Marchisio will be a great midfield to have.

As for italy or england,italy are currently better they are more organized and functioning team than England at the moment.

Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:57 pm

Adit wrote:Motalivo-pirlo-Marchisio will be a great midfield to have.

no dedicated ball winner in midfield. you need derossi, or thiago motta
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:59 pm

schnix wrote:
Adit wrote:Motalivo-pirlo-Marchisio will be a great midfield to have.

no dedicated ball winner in midfield. you need derossi, or thiago motta
I know,but most of the teams are just parking the bus against italy,against strong sides De rossi could replace either one of them as a ball winner.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:00 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:
Oh well, I'm sorry... the taste of Music dosen't amuse you, of course it dosen't as you Americans have different tastes. That's the Seven Nation Army remix song, which is used as a chant and as a theme song for Italy.

No I think you're so deluded with the fact that you don't remain to see that Germany actually took that game vs Italy seriously. Once again, that was a serious game, they went out there, AND WANTED TO WIN. They set up all their starters. Obviously you being American, says to me that your knowledge of football is slim in which you don't also realize that Italy and Germany have one of the biggest rivalries in the world, both presently and historically on the international stage. And with Germany not beating Italy for 16 years, they went out all in full force to win the game, and guess what? Unsucessful. Now please, if your going to continue bieing biased, I suggest you go watch the game, before you come up with none sense assumptions.

Once again, Germany didn't suceed, Spain didn't suceed. Since when do we judge teams on paper? I already explained all the way on top of Page 2, how our midfielders are and compared to others, refer to that as your answer, Im not willing to re-explain everything.
Lol at these personal attacks, so witty, so clever.

BeautifulGame pretty much has it covered on the hypocrisy that you base your various arguments around, so I'll pretty much let him take care of it on that front. Jog on.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:11 pm

I disagree that barzagli shouldnt be used ahead of ranocchia. Cannavaro was 32 at wc and he was a beast. The best person plays, it is as simple as that... and the best inform italians atm are

Maggio Barzagli Cannavaro Criscito
De Rossi Pirlo Marchisio
Giovinco
Rossi Balotelli
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:14 pm

zarola wrote:I disagree that barzagli shouldnt be used ahead of ranocchia. Cannavaro was 32 at wc and he was a beast. The best person plays, it is as simple as that... and the best inform italians atm are

De Rossi Pirlo Marchisio
Giovinco
Rossi Balotelli

wait wut?

i assume you mean chiellini right?
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:15 pm

schnix wrote:
zarola wrote:I disagree that barzagli shouldnt be used ahead of ranocchia. Cannavaro was 32 at wc and he was a beast. The best person plays, it is as simple as that... and the best inform italians atm are

De Rossi Pirlo Marchisio
Giovinco
Rossi Balotelli

wait wut?

i assume you mean chiellini right?

.... no I mean Cannavaro, him and barzagli have been italys best cbs.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:16 pm

so you think cannavaro... should... be.... starting now?
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:21 pm

Yes.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:27 pm

schnix wrote:so you think cannavaro... should... be.... starting now?

I hope u know that he's talking about Paolo Cannavaro
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:30 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:[Can u read seriously before asking others that question?I will give another try.

If Italy is miles ahead of England based on performances in tournaments based on the same logic of urs doesnt Germany miles ahead of Italy based on the same competitive matches?

You are either ignorant or have no idea what your talking about, once again refer to page three. The concept of 'miles' is explained between me and Mclewis and while your at it, read the other arguments provided because my logic does not refer mostly on that.

justdoit_ wrote:
Lol at these personal attacks, so witty, so clever.

BeautifulGame pretty much has it covered on the hypocrisy that you base your various arguments around, so I'll pretty much let him take care of it on that front. Jog on.

Oh that's right, nothing to come up with, so we judge squads on paper, good to know.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:38 pm

De Rossi Pirlo Marchisio
Giovinco
Rossi Balotelli

Cannavaro was World Class, not to mention he was the captain and not to mention he was playing for Italy ever since he started on the senior side. The concept of you saying who's playing best now is false, because yes Canavaro was 32 now... but so is Pirlo and so is Buffon. They are playing because they are World Class, they are legends, just like Canavaro. Those are the only acceptable people Zarola, with your concept then, Di Natale should be playing, but where is he? No where to be found... Why? because Di Natale is old. This isn't 2006, this isn't Lippi's era where we depended on veterans and experienced, this is Prandelli's era, an era going through a reconstruction of youth and youth only with some World Class veterans. So basically your whole conception is false and as a fan you fail to regonize our project.

Last edited by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo on Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:41 pm

Cassano-Balotelli
Giovinco
Marchisio-Pirlo-De Rossi
Criscito-Chiellini-Barzagli-Maggio
Buffon

I would love to see this line up based on current form

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:42 pm

What you dont understand is while on paper a project may work coaches arent usually given enough time to execute their projects. If Prandellis plan is to work we have to assume he will survive 4-6 years with Italy. Donadoni did not too bad and was fired. Di Natale is a flop, he deserves no nt call up.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:45 pm

Luca wrote:
Cassano-Balotelli
Giovinco
Marchisio-Pirlo-De Rossi
Criscito-Chiellini-Barzagli-Maggio
Buffon

I would love to see this line up based on current form

It may very well be true.

- Giuseppe Rossi recieved a knock on his left knee, is in doubt and won't be risked
- Pazzini is having pain and won't be playing until the second game

Meaning two main strikers not playing

Italy won 5-0 vs our U20

With 2 goals from Rossi
With 2 goals from Giovinco
1 goal from Balotelli

3 assists from Cassano.

Rossi felt the pain after the game.

Also, Prandelli said he would love to try it out the duo of Cassano and Balotelli in his press conference.

RAI is confirming now that Cassano is guranteed and it's between Balotelli and Giovinco.
Though, RAI said they are expecting Giovinco to start, but Balotelli is ahead to play with Cassano.

So either it will be a 4-3-3 or a 4-3-1-2.

Nonetheless, Giovinco can be either SS/AM or LW... if not then the usual Aquilani or Montolivo might be TQ
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:47 pm

zarola wrote:What you dont understand is while on paper a project may work coaches arent usually given enough time to execute their projects. If Prandellis plan is to work we have to assume he will survive 4-6 years with Italy. Donadoni did not too bad and was fired. Di Natale is a flop, he deserves no nt call up.

Agreed, I would not call up players like Miccoli or Di Natale regardless of form.
Even Cannavaro I wouldn't have, never really been impressed by him personally but he has been instrumental in Napoli's success so I do give him credit.

It is better to have players like Balotelli and Giovinco and there are so many options in defense that there need not be dispute.

@ Antonio
I'll be happy if Pirlo doesn't play long or at all, he needs rest.
Same goes for Marchisio and the rest

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:48 pm

Messiakanino wrote:
Luca wrote:
Messiakanino wrote:Exactly what I'm saying. You cannot bring historical stats and claim your team is currently better than England.

Currently I wouldn't say there is much between them, I would still blindly favour Italy though :coffee:

Stats speak otherwise. Cool

how do stats speak otherwise CURRENTLY?
Don't bring up 4-5 years ago....tell me what ur basing your claim on?
I agree with Luca, there isn't much between them until they play each other and prove whose better or atleast till the next major tournament.

There's no need for 4-5 years ago

- Italy have the BEST defensive record right now at all of Squads in this current Euro Qualifiers wit only 1 goal
- Italy have more goals for
- Italy have qualfied for the Euro's, and England still have a long way to go
- They have won in their last 7 fixtures, while England has not

Italy's group consists of Estonia, Slovenia, Northern Ireland, Faroe Islands, and Serbia....Even with the shittiest squad Italy should most all of these games. Serbia is the only team that could challenge Italy in this group. The first game Serbia had to forfeit (so Italy did not win this game). And they still have to play Serbia away.

Italy do not have more goals scored for than England....They have 16(but actually 13 if u dont count the gift of UEFA) and plus they have played a game more than England with 8. England has 15 goals with a game less. And just to let you know this is the stupidest way of arguing that your team is better with goals scored, especially because Englands group is smaller and they will less games.

And then you say Italy have qualified while England have a long way to go. Are u serious? Long way? They need one point, how is that a long way?

And what does winning streak have to do with which is better?

:facepalm:

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:50 pm

zarola wrote:What you dont understand is while on paper a project may work coaches arent usually given enough time to execute their projects. If Prandellis plan is to work we have to assume he will survive 4-6 years with Italy. Donadoni did not too bad and was fired. Di Natale is a flop, he deserves no nt call up.

This project lasts until 2014 in which why Abete gave a contract until then, this project is to late until 2014, in which will take four years for it to be done, as it's expected. The Euro's will be only an experimental stage, and Abate confirmed it himself with Prandelli saying in all his after interview thoughts, that its a project moving on and improving.

Donadoni took him until the Scotland game in which we scored by Pannuci from a set piece right at the last minute at the second last game of the qualfiers. In which means, Donadoni did do bad in his qualfying campaign, I look at Prandelli now, we broken records by have not conceding a goal in 700 + minutes of play which is a historic record from our federation and one of the earliest qualfications we've ever achieved. As we also beaten the World Champions and Germany have still failed to beaten us, this is a major improvement from Donadoni.

Last edited by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo on Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:52 pm

Luca wrote:

Agreed, I would not call up players like Miccoli or Di Natale regardless of form.
Even Cannavaro I wouldn't have, never really been impressed by him personally but he has been instrumental in Napoli's success so I do give him credit.

It is better to have players like Balotelli and Giovinco and there are so many options in defense that there need not be dispute.

@ Antonio

Who says they have to play?

As for what you said to Zarola, that's the whole point. WE DONT NEED THEM AS THEY ARE NOT PART OF OUR PROJECT, ONLY YOUTH! -----> This goes to Zarola
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:54 pm

Luca wrote:

@ Antonio

As for what you said to Zarola, that's the whole point. WE DONT NEED THEM AS THEY ARE NOT PART OF OUR PROJECT, ONLY YOUTH! -----> This goes to Zarola

Well, I would rather a young player called up even if they don't play, that is what I was hinting at

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:54 pm

Messiakanino wrote:
Messiakanino wrote:
Luca wrote:
Messiakanino wrote:Exactly what I'm saying. You cannot bring historical stats and claim your team is currently better than England.

Currently I wouldn't say there is much between them, I would still blindly favour Italy though :coffee:

I agree with Luca, there isn't much between them until they play each other and prove whose better or atleast till the next major tournament.

- Italy have the BEST defensive record right now at all of Squads in this current Euro Qualifiers wit only 1 goal

Italy's group consists of Estonia, Slovenia, Northern Ireland, Faroe Islands, and Serbia....Even with the shittiest squad Italy should most all of these games. Serbia is the only team that could challenge Italy in this group. The first game Serbia had to forfeit (so Italy did not win this game). And they still have to play Serbia away.

Italy do not have more goals scored for than England....They have 16(but actually 13 if u dont count the gift of UEFA) and plus they have played a game more than England with 8. England has 15 goals with a game less. And just to let you know this is the stupidest way of arguing that your team is better with goals scored, especially because Englands group is smaller and they will less games.

And then you say Italy have qualified while England have a long way to go. Are u serious? Long way? They need one point, how is that a long way?

LMAO? So we come to the lame excuse of us having a shittier group and England isn't in one as well

/facepalm :facepalm:

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:55 pm

Luca wrote:
Luca wrote:

@ Antonio

Well, I would rather a young player called up even if they don't play, that is what I was hinting at

Cigarini... comes to mind lol...
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:59 pm

Oh no... im not doubting prandelli at all, hes my favourite. But to fire a coach because he lost 0-0 +pens to eventual champions is cruel. In 4 years prandellis plan would be great. But RIGHT NOW, againsst top teams... possibly, not for sure... just a maybe.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:01 pm

No, I disagree about Donadoni he inherited a great squad.
I did not like him or his style at all, Prandelli is a massive step up.
Prandelli inherited a squad in a revolution and not only made it work but made it exciting.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:01 pm

zarola wrote:Oh no... im not doubting prandelli at all, hes my favourite. But to fire a coach because he lost 0-0 +pens to eventual champions is cruel. In 4 years prandellis plan would be great. But RIGHT NOW, againsst top teams... possibly, not for sure... just a maybe.

Italy is one of those Top teams :facepalm:
We are undefeated with two of them :coffee:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:02 pm

Messiakanino wrote:
Messiakanino wrote:
Luca wrote:

LMAO? So we come to the lame excuse of us having a shittier group and England isn't in one as well

/facepalm :facepalm:

READ the POST....where do i say u have a shittier group than England? :facepalm: ......I pointed it out because your talking like Italy has Germany, Netherlands, Spain, France or what not in their group.....so don't bring up stats saying Italy have conceded one goal and scored 16......Italy is a powerhouse in world football they SHOULD be killing those teams with ease because they're nothing compared to Italy.

And from my whole post all you could counter was that........what the rest of my post? :facepalm:

Last edited by Messiakanino on Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next