Ganso
IzzyC08
S
CroInter
uzonero
mezzogiornese
15 posters

Go down

Italian Football Predictions 2011-2012 Empty Italian Football Predictions 2011-2012

Post by mezzogiornese Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:27 pm

Obviously we don't know which sides will sign who so we it would be hard to make a very educated prediction but here goes with my prediction

Serie A

Champions - Napoli - Clever transfers strengthening weaker areas could give them the edge in serie A whilst the other sides are over occupied in Europe. Still a bit of a wildcard for top spot- but I think they could do it - and they've worked so hard. They Deserve it. They nearly did this year.
2nd- Milan- I think a strong drive in Europe will make them slip domestically. However you cannot forget that incredible squad depth.
3rd- Juve - Big spenders- being less stupid on the market than in recent years- Conte will fire them up.
4th- Inter - Stars leaving, dodgy coach- I expect inter to flop this year. Hopefully we see more of the fantastic primavera. Wouldn't be surprised if they flopped even more.
5th- Roma - A small revolution next year will be a turning point as new players get used to playing together. A springboard for future success but I expect a Enrique to flop somewhat. Same old problems will remain over Totti making a fuss.
6th- Lazio - Stupid signings like Klose won't make much of an effect- however the rest of the team will perform well.

Relegation - Siena, Cesena, Lecce

Flop of the season - Udinese- Fatal contraction of Sampdoria disease- selling all of their top players- I almost included them in relegations.

Suprise of the season - Parma - If they keep Giovinco and Amauri and further reinforce I can see them really making an impact in Serie A.

Promotions - Torino - Big side, been down for far too long
Bari - The 4-1 thrashing of Bologna on the last game of the season when they knew they were relegated speaks volumes of this side. Very hard working but very unfortunate last season with injuries. Take the game to the big sides I can see them right back in Serie A very soon.
Sampdoria - Surely will win Serie B and secure promotion. Too much talent in the squad.

Capocannoniere - Edinson Cavani (Napoli)

Bidone d'oro - Ricky Alvarez- I've got a feeling that this replacement for Sneijder will flop massively, as so many South Americans with big expectations do

Coppa Italia- Milan

Champions league- Udinese- Not get through prelims- very pissed off that they got 4th anyway when they were going to waste it from the start and further damage Italian football in Europe on the last season when it has 4 places.

Napoli- Qualify for knockout stages - I hope and expect they will concentrate on Serie A to provide a strong foundation for the future then be more competitive in the CL in future years

Milan- Final - Experience, energy, class - Milan could even win it. Lessons learned from Tottenham last year and new players will catapult them to the final.

Inter- Quarters - relatively poor showing in Serie A will lead to them doing relatively well in the CL.

Last edited by mezzogiornese on Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot Coppa and Champs league)

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Italian Football Predictions 2011-2012 Empty Re: Italian Football Predictions 2011-2012

Post by uzonero Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:23 am

Milan would most definitely retain the scudetto while udinese would struggle at the 2nd half of the table

eto for capoconniere

top 3: milan, inter, juve

bottom 3: novarra, sienna and lecce

inter to win the coppa once again

uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Italian Football Predictions 2011-2012 Empty Re: Italian Football Predictions 2011-2012

Post by CroInter Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:38 am

Stars leaving Inter Italian Football Predictions 2011-2012 16k3pzb
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:10 pm

🐰

Last edited by Surag.Blueguy on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:09 pm

Lazio to get relegated Milan then sign Hernanes. :coffee:
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:30 pm

champions napoli?lmao
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:46 pm

Ganso wrote:champions napoli?lmao

Why not? With a small squad last year they managed to be right in the race until the wheels fell off at the end of the season and they are addressing their problem areas in midfield and Defense. Inler is signed, Britos is decent cover at the back, now all they really need is a better CB and a Wing back for the opposite flank to Britos and they are one of the best squads in Europe. Milan and Inter aren't improving enough yet it stop Napoli narrowing the gap.

I hope they make it to the semis or quarters in Europe but wouldn't want this to damage their competitiveness in the league.

Remember too they aren't one season wonders like Sampdoria last year of Udinese last season they have steadily been working themselves here. They'll do well this season. Forwards all the way for them.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:25 am

mezzogiornese wrote:
Ganso wrote:champions napoli?lmao

Why not? With a small squad last year they managed to be right in the race until the wheels fell off at the end of the season and they are addressing their problem areas in midfield and Defense. Inler is signed, Britos is decent cover at the back, now all they really need is a better CB and a Wing back for the opposite flank to Britos and they are one of the best squads in Europe. Milan and Inter aren't improving enough yet it stop Napoli narrowing the gap.

I hope they make it to the semis or quarters in Europe but wouldn't want this to damage their competitiveness in the league.

Remember too they aren't one season wonders like Sampdoria last year of Udinese last season they have steadily been working themselves here. They'll do well this season. Forwards all the way for them.

Napoli will have there hands full with the Champs Lge.I expect them to put all there energy and focus into it and with that there lge form will suffer big time..They'll be lucky if they get a Europa spot tbh..

Juve are at an advantage,with not being in the Champs lge I can see them doing very well ...Mind you,I said the exact same thing last season...

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:29 pm

I don't think they'd be stupid enough to focus in CL too much this year. They will want to maintain themselves this season and maybe go for it next year.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:35 pm

Not going to make my predictions just yet, but all I see now is Udinese following in Sampdoria's footsteps, probably to a lesser extent, but still a big step down.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:19 pm

Champions - Milan - Very strong squad. Last season their biggest weakness was mainly the defense, and they've fixed that with the arrival of Taiwo and Mexes. I expect them to clinch the Scudetto again.

2nd- Juve- Some of you may call it bias, but we've been making some smart transfers, strengthening what needs to be strengthened. Conte's looking promising, his formation is very attacking, but still balanced enough. I see us giving Milan a run for their money.

3rd- Inter - Will definitely give Juve and Milan a hard time, but I see them landing in 3rd. Not to mention that I don't think Gasperini will do well at Inter.

4th- Roma - They'll have a great start early on, but will miss out on a top 3 spot in the last 5 games of the season. Their changes this season will definitely help them improve over last season.

5th- Napoli - Some great signings, but I just don't see them doing very well. The added pressure of the CL will tire the players. Call it a hunch, I just don't think they'll live up to their expectations.

6th- Lazio - They could do a little better this summer, I don't see players like Klose having much of an impact. They'll be fighting with Palermo all season long for 6th.

Relegation - Siena, Novara, Lecce

Flop of the season - Udinese- Making the same mistakes as Sampdoria - selling their stars. Inler, Sanchez, Zapata... *sigh*. I see them in 10th or 11th.

Suprise of the season - Cesena - I think Schellotto will improve and he and Cesena's main striker (his name escapes me, I remember that it starts with a "G") will carry Cesena into the mid-table region, beating some big teams along the way.

Promotions - Torino - Can't wait for them to come back up so we can kick their asses all the way back down to Serie B again.

Bari - They've done well during their first season at the top a couple of years ago. I expect them to come back with relative ease.

Sampdoria - Too good to actually stay in Serie B.

Capocannoniere - Di Natale (Udinese)

Bidone d'oro - Maxi Lopez(Catania)

Coppa Italia- Roma, they usually do well in the Coppa.

Champions league- Udinese- They'll get to the group stages, but finish last.

Napoli- Qualify to the 2nd round - That's the farthest they'll go. Maybe QFs if they face somebody easy.

Milan- Winners - With the squad they have, I wouldn't be surprised.

Inter- Semis (if they don't meet Milan along the way)- They'll do quite well. Gasperini better cope with the pressure...
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:26 pm

7amood11 wrote:Cesena's main striker (his name escapes me, I remember that it starts with a "G")
giaccherini is predominantly a winger...but he's cesena's main threat no doubt along with mutu..but there are rumours about giaccherini and the other revelation of cesena' season parolo to be sold..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:24 pm

Champions - Milan. They will have at least a 3 game cushion I think on the next team at the end of the year...

Runner-up - This is where it gets difficult, really it could be any 4 of 5 teams...I'm going with Juventus as they will be focused solely on Serie A next year, unless Conte bombs, which is a good possibility.

Last CL spot - Lazio. As much as it pains me to say it. I think Gasperini is going have some growing pains at Inter, Same goes with Enrique at la Maggica, and Napoli are going to be bombed from making it far in the CL. Lazio will probably be out of the EL early, and they have the quality now offensively they have lacked in recent years.

Fourth Spot - Inter. They will be battling with Roma all year for this spot, but will undoubtedly come out on top. Their CL run will damage their league form this term, and for the first time in a while there will be no CL football for the Nerazzurri.

Fifth Spot - Roma. Roma will finish with a second consecutive EL placing, but will struggle again against Calcio bottom dwellers. Novara, Atalanta, and Lecce take 9 points from Roma which is the difference between 2nd and 5th. Their attacking brand will be lauded in Italy though, as a couple time during the year they absolutely demolish teams... Totti's double hat trick against Cagliari will draw acclaim for this Luis Enrique side..

Sixth - Napoli. Disappointing considering their season last year, but then again excellent in that they are the surprise of Europe making it to the Semi's in the CL.

Seventh - Who cares? but honestly I could see it being Palermo this year. They got my boy Stefano Pioli so you know the defense is gonna tighten up this year, and everyone knows their attack is superb.

Overall this is going to be the most competitive Serie A in YEARS. A number of teams are due for a rebound that I didn't even mention.

My surprise teams that could make some noise are : Cesena, Genoa, and Atalanta.

Promotion : Bari, Torino, Sampdoria

Relegation : Novara, Bologna, Udinese (I hope).

narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:07 pm

1st: Inter.
Have got some truly World-class players and experience.

2nd: Napoli.
Will come and surprise.

3rd: Milan.
Simply getting too old.

4th: Juve.
So far haven't done enough in player trading to challenge for Scudetto.

5th: Roma.
Pushing, pushing, but falling short of quality.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:18 am

Only 3 CL spots makes the competition a lot more exciting... We're in for a good season!
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Interista809 Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:54 am

Can we wait for Inter's "big" stars to leave and Juve to make "big" sigings before we act as if they already happened?

BTW Alvarez is NOT Wes replacement.

I'll wait for the transfer season to heat up before making a prediction.
Interista809
Interista809
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The BoyWonder Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:48 pm

why do juve fans always expect a top 3 finishing?

the same as the last season and the season prior to that, and yet they finish 7th...

and lol to the one saying inter will not qualify for champions league hahahha

are u sure ur watching the same sport as i do ? lol

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:18 am

The BoyWonder wrote:why do juve fans always expect a top 3 finishing?

the same as the last season and the season prior to that, and yet they finish 7th...

and lol to the one saying inter will not qualify for champions league hahahha

are u sure ur watching the same sport as i do ? lol

I should have specified these were BOLD predictions. There are only three spots this year though...I don't think its a bat shit crazy prediction though...
narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:00 am

The BoyWonder wrote:why do juve fans always expect a top 3 finishing?

Wait and see Laughing
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by maruf063 Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:28 pm

my prediction:

1st Milan: still they are far ahead of other traditional forces in serie a... no doubt in that

2nd Roma: i saw that all of you have written off their chances... i think Enrique is their trump card and he will come out with something special using the talents at his disposal... also i wish that someone from serie a at last prove that serie a isn't all about tactics and destroying others games, it can be pretty beautiful too

3rd inter: too much class to finish outside of the UCL places

4th: Napoli... only team with a long term project and now they are reaping the benefit and will continue to do so...

5th juventus: what makes you think that you would finish in the UCL places by purchasing 2 world class players ( vidal and pirlo---one of them might stay in the infirmary for much of the season)...players like pazienza and zieglar don't deserve to wear the prestigious shirt.... only way Juve can finish in the top 3 is by purchasing a world class cb (no exception), a more than decent lw, lb and a world class striker ( aguero or tevez...sorry Rossi can't be considered wc yet)... matri and quag are decent strikers but they won't fetch you UCL spots....

6th: fight between Lazio and Palermo

flop of the season: any of the above 6 + udinese

relegated: lecce, siena and atalanta

promoted: samp, torino and bari

maruf063
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:49 am

narbeZ wrote:Champions - Milan. They will have at least a 3 game cushion I think on the next team at the end of the year...

Runner-up - This is where it gets difficult, really it could be any 4 of 5 teams...I'm going with Juventus as they will be focused solely on Serie A next year, unless Conte bombs, which is a good possibility.

Last CL spot - Lazio. As much as it pains me to say it. I think Gasperini is going have some growing pains at Inter, Same goes with Enrique at la Maggica, and Napoli are going to be bombed from making it far in the CL. Lazio will probably be out of the EL early, and they have the quality now offensively they have lacked in recent years.

Fourth Spot - Inter. They will be battling with Roma all year for this spot, but will undoubtedly come out on top. Their CL run will damage their league form this term, and for the first time in a while there will be no CL football for the Nerazzurri.

Fifth spot - Napoli. Disappointing considering their season last year, but then again excellent in that they are the surprise of Europe making it to the Semi's in the CL.

Sixth Spot - Roma. Roma will finish with a second consecutive EL placing, but will struggle again against Calcio bottom dwellers. Novara, Atalanta, and Lecce take 9 points from Roma which is the difference between 2nd and 5th. Their attacking brand will be lauded in Italy though, as a couple time during the year they absolutely demolish teams... Totti's double hat trick against Cagliari will draw acclaim for this Luis Enrique side..

Seventh - Who cares? but honestly I could see it being Palermo this year. They got my boy Stefano Pioli so you know the defense is gonna tighten up this year, and everyone knows their attack is superb. CHANGE: FIORENTINA

Overall this is going to be the most competitive Serie A in YEARS. A number of teams are due for a rebound that I didn't even mention.

My surprise teams that could make some noise are : Cesena, Genoa, and Atalanta Catania.

Promotion : Bari, Torino, Sampdoria

Relegation : Novara, Bologna Atalanta, Udinese Lecce

Well, alot has changed in a little over a month in Serie A...Whether it be Udinese proving something in CL prem's, or Atalanta's best player getting banned from Football, and the team ending up with - points to start the season.

I'm still sticking with my predictions for the most part, but there are a few changes. Palermo is out, Fiorentina take's their spot in the top 7, and Roma and Napoli switch positions. Also Atalanta is no longer my Surprise team, as they will be going down to Serie B... I'll put Catania as a surprise pick, as most Serie A pundits are saying they are going down... Udinese will remain in the top flight at the expense of Lecce.

narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:19 pm

Forgot to post mine

1. Milan
2. Napoli
3. Roma (that's a bit of wish-fullness on my part)
4. Inter
5. Juventus
6. Lazio
18. Lecce
19. Novara
20. Atalanta

I actually listed 1 through 20 (yes, I had that much time on my hands). I have Genoa 7th, followed by Udinese, Parma, Fiorentina, Palermo and Cagliari in that order. Cesena and Siena just escaping relegation.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Razza Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:07 pm

1. Milan
2. Napoli
3. Roma
4. Juventus
5. Inter
6. Lazio
Lecce
Siena
Atalanta
Razza
Razza
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Levante

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down