Amar
Sir Psycho
dmize
43 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

NFL Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: NFL Thread

Post by Amar Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:58 pm

Lambasted Belicheck? Where did I do that?

Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:31 am

dmize lambasted Belicheck. You celebrated Ray Lewis. I accidentally switched who posted which when seeing your two posts next to each other, my apologies.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:01 pm

Must be all that Drake :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:22 am

dmize wrote:
Kaepernick isn't even good. He's really not, another runner that happens to play QB.

Crapernick got exposed. Battled back in the 2nd half but when he had to use his arm to beat the Ravens he wasn't able to. Hope he enjoyed his SB time because he's never getting back there.

Frank Gore sour grapes:
I just feel like we [were] the better team. They got away with one today. We showed we were the better team.

Apparently losing shows you are the better team, talk about delusional. If it wasn't for the stadium blackout they woulda lost by 35.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:27 am

The GOAT cornerback of all-time was traded today Darrelle Revis Sad And that's not an exaggeration he's the greatest defensive back in the history of the NFL.

Jets only got the 13th overall pick in return(and a 3rd next year), and Revis gets paid 6 years/96 million dollars, one of the largest contracts for a defensive player ever.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:33 am

cheers Got the best Corner in the draft to replace Revis. Dee Milliner Thumbs up

then 4 picks later, the new GM Idzik, made the customary "WTF" Jets pick.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:19 am

Geno Smith to the Jets hmm

He can't be any worse than Mark "butt fumble" Sanchez
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:23 pm

Anyone following this Aaron Hernandez situation?

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9412855/police-back-home-new-england-patriots-tight-end-aaron-hernandez

One of the few guys I actually liked on the Patriots since he's from Connecticut, but wow, from what it sounds like it's nothing good for Hernandez.

From what I gather: he was either there when his friend murdered someone and he's not going to talk. Or, he actually committed the murder.

Hope neither are the case.

He was all set up to have a HUGE year as the #1 TE without Gronk.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:52 pm

My favourite player in the league along with D-Mac, I don't know what to say anymore. I really hope he didn't take part in it, but it's getting hard to convince myself
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:33 pm

NFL Thread - Page 19 BNZO4kLCIAAoSnC

Well that can't be good... Neutral
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:30 pm

Yeah it really sounds like he's guilty from everything I've been hearing. Disappointing, he's a great young TE and obstruction of justice comes with up to a 7 year sentence, so this would absolutely destroy his career if he's convicted.

If he was involved, though, good riddance. We have no place for unprofessional (not to mention morally unacceptable) behavior like that on the Patriots.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:02 pm

Aaron Hernandez formally charged with murder, 5 gun charges today.
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9424056/aaron-hernandez-new-england-patriots-charged-murder

Sad how this young man threw away his(very promising) career. Even sadder for the victim and his family.

edit: strong circumstantial evidence here imo:
"After picking up Lloyd, Hernandez said he was upset with Lloyd because Lloyd had spoken with people Hernandez had trouble with during their outing to the nightclub, prosecutors said.

After that conversation, Lloyd texted his sister, "Did you see who I am with," prosecutors said. When his sister asked who, he answered at 3:22 a.m., "NFL," then, a minute later, "Just so you know," prosecutors said.

Between 3:23 a.m. and 3:27 a.m., people working the overnight shift at the industrial park reported hearing gunshots, authorities said."

Reads to me like the victim, at that point knew that things potentially could go bad for him there, and if it did, he wanted his sister to know who he was last with.

edit2: strong circumstantial evidence EVERYWHERE. I guess there's still a chance that the shooter could've been one of the others in the car beside Hernandez.

1. they have the crime on camera
2. reports of gunshots
3. shell casing matching the scene in Hernandez rented car
4. Surveillance footage from his house shows him walk in the door with a pistol about 5min after the crime.
5. The footage after that(about 6-8 hours) was missing.
6. Before he went out to pick up Lloyd(the victim) he talked about how "you can't trust anyone anymore"

I'm just gunna make a new thraed for this.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:00 pm

Yikes, minutes before Lloyd was killed (when witnesses heard gunshots) he texted his sister saying he was with 'NFL', 'Just so you know'.

Sounds pretty black and white. Huge shame, condolences to the Lloyd family.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:07 pm

I picked up Madden 25 this week mainly because there's a 100 dollar version that includes a whole season of NFL Sunday Ticket Max(17 weeks) free; PC & Mobile. Normally it's like $300+ by itself. Really good deal imo.

http://www.amazon.com/Madden-Anniversary-Edition-Sunday-Playstation-3/dp/B00CF7KVGE/ref=sr_tr_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1377893182&sr=8-2&keywords=madden+25

I was thinking about selling Madden for 45/50 and getting half back, but the game is actually pretty good. Last one I played was '12 and it was poor.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:09 am

I understand it's preseason and all and I haven't watched the games, but the Packers look terrible.

I don't put any stock into preseason though. Still, not very optimistic.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:41 am

You have without a doubt one of the best teams in the league and the NFC. Preseason means nothing, unless there were major injuries (and I haven't heard of any), there's nothing to worry about until you see the starters on the field.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:53 am

Alright that's good to hear. I put no stock into preseason because of football but I'm not aware if it's like that in American football because everyone over here makes a big deal about preseason. I was playing a high school soccer game just the other night and they were announcing the score of the preseason game vs Kansas or whatever over the loudspeakers during the game.

I live 30 mins from Green Bay so I guess that might be why, but I don't really follow the game much so I'm not sure what to make of it.

Good to hear you sound optimistic of our chances. Go Pack Go! Very Happy

We have American Football's Messi in Aaron Rodgers Razz
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:07 am

I don't watch football at all but what's up with Tebow? How come he can't cut it in the NFL? He won 2 national championships and the Heisman award in College and how he can't even stay on a team? A lot of college stars are not stars at the pro level (in any sport), but I can't think of many who can't even get in the game..

How is this possible lol?
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:04 am

Yeah CB, in football the risk of injury is so high even not playing at full speed that most starters aren't used in the preseason, except for minor game time in the first game or two.  The rest of the time is used to give fringe players an opportunity to prove themselves and to whittle down the rosters (generally from about 100) to 53 players.  So you can't judge anything from results, only from individual player performances/injuries.  If you had heard about specific stars (like Rodgers or Eddy Lacey) looking poor or getting hurt it would be a cause for concern, but I've heard nothing of the sort.  Short of some flukes you can count on GB at least making the playoffs.

And Swagg, the reason why Tebow can't cut it is because his skill set was specifically tailored to the game they were playing at Florida, and succeeded because he faced sub-par (read: not NFL) competition while in college.  He's always been a run first QB, and considering the nature of the position, that's a difficult style to play which takes considerable natural talent.  Run first quarterbacks need to have plus plus speed and agility as well as decision making skills to excel in the NFL, and are generally at least competent in the passing game alongside that, which is why talented ones are so rare.

In the NFL right now the only real QBs of that style are RGIII, Cam Newton, Colin Kaepernick, (maybe) Russell Wilson and Michael Vick.  Of that group, all are freak athletes, and only Vick can really be criticized for his skill as a passer - and he's had difficulty completely locking down the starting spot for several years now.

As for Tebow, he was never very good at passing; he regularly missed open receivers in college, and was able to win games with his feet (not to mention some help from a very strong defensive unit and one of the best coaches in college football).  But he never had the exceptional athletic gifts most running QBs have.  He was a good runner with good agility - enough to beat college defenses - but his size and athleticism is more suited to, say, a TE in the NFL - rather than a RB or a running QB.

Personally, I think if he took the time to learn the positions, he could find a place on a team as a situational TE or a FB, and he still might try that.  For now, he's still trying to make it as a QB, and in several stints (the most successful of which was Denver, where he had a 72.9 QBR and a horrendous 46.5% completion percentage) he's shown he's not good enough to start.  If he's not good enough to start, even as a stopgap for injured or faltering QBs, and he's not good enough to put pressure on the starter, and he's not experienced enough to help the coaches and nurture younger QBs and WRs, why waste a roster spot on him?  He would've been third string at the Patriots, behind Tom Brady (one of the best ever, with a fairly solid past of durability *knock on wood*) and Ryan Mallett (a young QB with upside who the Patriots are grooming to possibly take over for Brady), so there really isn't any need for him.  He was cheap, but at $600k there are people that are cheaper, and those options will still be available in a few weeks if one of the two ahead of him get injured.  I'm sure similar answers are true for most of the other teams out there.

He might still get another chance at QB with a team who needs a third string or gets a fluke injury, although it won't be a starting opportunity.  He also might get a chance at another position with a coach who needs some positive press.  But his skill set was good enough to dominate the college game in the right situation, but not nearly good enough to play pro ball.

Hope that answered your question, sorry if it was too long.

tl;dr: Tebow didn't make it for the same reasons that Duke basketball players don't even get drafted to the NBA, even after they win a national championship.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:16 am

I believe Chris Leak (quarterback) won 1 or 2 national titles with Florida. I think he didn't even get drafted either.

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:04 am

He played in the SEC though, the best conference in the NCAA no? Thought that would mean something.. Guess not Laughing

So you can win the Heisman even if you're shit, just by being in the right situation? hmm 
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:54 am

CBarca wrote:I understand it's preseason and all and I haven't watched the games, but the Packers look terrible.

I don't put any stock into preseason though. Still, not very optimistic.
Pack will be great, I wouldn't worry.

Drafting Eddy Lacy was huge imo, because it finally gives Rodgers a competent RB to open things up for him.

Greg Jennings signed with Minny but him and Rodgers had a falling out over catches so that is probably for the best.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:03 am

Tebow's a good football player, but a terrible QB. More of a RB than a QB. Not only does he have a noodle arm, but he has a slow release on top of that. He also never goes through progressions, he looks for 1 guy every pass play.

He was great at Florida but... they ran an offense completely focused around Tebow. In college you can get away with having a terrible arm if you can run the ball like Tebow did. Also had NFL players all over the roster. Beast O Line with the Pouncey twins, etc. He had great receivers in Percy Harvin and Aaron "homicide" Hernandez.

He had success with Denver with a similar formula. Great defense that always kept them in the game. Great blocking O Line. Receivers who can turn short pass plays into 20 yarders.

If he could catch better he could be an alright TE in the NFL imo. Or a short yardage back.

edit: Danny Wuerfell another Florida Heisman winning QB who flopped in the NFL. Leinart: Heisman and garbage. Troy Smith: Heisman and is now playing in CFL. Crouch, Weinke, etc all Heisman QBs

QB is the toughest position to scout, a lot of great college QBs never pan out. If you are an option QB in college, you better have a great arm and/or accuracy. Like RG3 at Baylor, or now Johnny Manziel at Texas A&M who just won the Heisman as a freshman. Manziel and Tajh Boyd will be the next 2 dual threat QBs drafted. And Manziell could be coming off back to back Heismans.

Joe Flacco played Division 2 football at Delaware and look at him now.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:12 am

Swagg wrote:He played in the SEC though, the best conference in the NCAA no? Thought that would mean something.. Guess not Laughing

So you can win the Heisman even if you're shit, just by being in the right situation? hmm 
Didn't mean to imply he was shit in the NCAA... he was incredibly successful, I don't mean to take away from that. It's just that his skill set were very well suited a) to his situation at Florida and b) to the college game, whereas they weren't particularly suitable for the NFL. So maybe by NFL terms you could say he's shit (at QB), but what he accomplished at Florida still stands.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:21 pm

Ah I see, thanks for the insight...

One more question? How does defense work in football? Whenever I play football videogames, the offense is straight forward.. Just pick what you want and do it.. The defense not so much, do you just try to anticipate whether the team will run on a play or pass? Is it just a guessing game? What if you line up thinking they will run but then they have a bunch of receivers set up and you're like 'oh shit' lol

In basketball at least you can just take any man on defense when shit hits the fan and try your best
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:06 pm

Defense is incredibly tactical. It requires reading the game situation (downs and distance, score, and time left) to call appropriate plays by the coordinator, and then each player on the defense needs to be able to read the offensive set up and make quick judgments (run vs. pass, which direction the play will go, movement of blockers, etc.) on the basis of game film and the arrangement of the offense before the snap. After the snap, each player needs to fulfill their assignment, which could differ based on zone vs. man coverage systems, different rush systems and blitz packages, etc.

That's why you don't get a good idea of NFL defense from Madden... it's very team oriented, and any individual blowing coverage can result in a broken play; when you can only control one of the defenders, you don't get a very good picture of how playing defense works.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next