Amar
Sir Psycho
dmize
43 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

NFL Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL Thread

Post by MJ Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:33 am

Did you read anything I said? Because if you were a rational person or reading with an open mind and actually did read it you wouldn't be insinuating half the things you did.

And I really don't know what makes you think I'm going to read or respond to anything you said when you don't pay the respect of doing similarly loooool.

MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:51 am

An "open mind" rofl I have an open mind when something is actually debatable. This is not. Or am I just imagining the NFL handing out Belicheck the largest fine a coach has ever gotten?

Your argument is akin to trying convince someone that the sky isn't blue.

This isn't going anywhere. I don't even know why I'm debating a known fact.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:07 am

lmao you're not debating. You're ignoring literally everything and preaching BS with a holier-than-thou attitude.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:22 am

The points you made weren't helping your case at all, but okay, I'll bite:

"The things taped were only coaches signals which really could have been a misinterpretation of the rule set forth if you cared to know it:"

Misinterpretation of the rule? Is that why their video team lied when questioned by the NFL?

"The fact that we went 16-0 the following year, if anything, helps the argument that Spygate had nothing to do with super bowl victories."

You acquired 2 HOFs in the offseason... And they went 12-4 the year before. And that's irrelevant anyway. Whether or not it gave them an advantage isn't the point, what's so hard to understand about that?

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:01 am

dmize wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:
Unbelievable, you refuse to read his explanation and then claim he doesn't know anything.

Even if Belicheck's denial doesn't mean anything to you, the fact that the newspaper had to retract it and apologize should. Furthermore, he was "caught" doing something that many NFL coaches have done for years, because his FORMER ASSISTANT turned him in after losing a game to him. Seriously, educate YOURself.

Oh, and I don't know what you call "winning," but I'd say having the most consistent regular season record and playoff appearances, 2 AFC championships, and the second most successful season of all time pretty damn successful. Just because they haven't been winning superbowls does not mean Belicheck's coaching success relied on cheating before spygate. To claim that is not only a logical fallacy, it's just plain stupid.

The fact of the matter is, nobody anywhere has any evidence that he did anything besides in one gamea gainst the Jets. The Rams claims have been disproven just as clearly as every other conspiracy theory; if you want to keep believing them, your ignorance is your own. No need to act all high and mighty about being stupid.

Because one aspect was proven false doesn't mean they didn't break rules.

Got proof on the bolded? Everyone does it, so it's okay! Solid logic.

His former assistant also immediately got caught for the same thing the first season he was OC in Denver.

Answer this:
"If Bill Belichick innocently "misinterpreted" the video policy (after all teams received a written warning less than a year earlier), why did the "innocent" videographers (including Matt Walsh) lie to sideline security about what they were doing?"

Oh and I love this statement: "The fact of the matter is, nobody anywhere has any evidence that he did anything besides in one gamea gainst the Jets."

Oh they just cheated once, that doesn't count.

"He just murdered one guy, he's not a murderer"

Once again, elite logic.

Funny how I never said any of those things. I was simply correcting the incredibly long list of misconceptions that were present in your posts. You were being a condescending twat, and doing it with false info, so I figured you should be called out on it.

NFL Thread - Page 18 President-George-W.-Bush-Mission-Accomplished
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:10 am

Aaaaaaand you still ignore the major points.

-They never taped any practices.

-Spygate is massivley overblown because of the false info like that that spread and the jealous idiots who were so quick to believe it without verifying it.

-Our record without Spygate proved it didn't even matter.

-It became an enforced rule in 2006, Belichick was caught in 2007, it's not like he was being constantly warned for the 6 preceding years.

-I don't think I can stress enough, that they didn't tape any practices, that was BS made up and retracted by the same untrustworthy source.

-The fact that they were taping things in games, whether you buy Belichick's explanation or not, makes it infinitely less sinister, even though it's bad.

-We went 16-0 the next season. The players we acquired are irrelevant to it as they could have failed as easily as they succeeded, the point being that spygate had nothing to do with our success.

-All of those things mean that this takes away nothing from the Patriots' accomplishments just as Goodell said unless he's a liar too and that's a tall tale only you could make yourself believe.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:34 pm

MJGunner wrote:Aaaaaaand you still ignore the major points.

-They never taped any practices.

-Spygate is massivley overblown because of the false info like that that spread and the jealous idiots who were so quick to believe it without verifying it.

-Our record without Spygate proved it didn't even matter.

-It became an enforced rule in 2006, Belichick was caught in 2007, it's not like he was being constantly warned for the 6 preceding years.

-I don't think I can stress enough, that they didn't tape any practices, that was BS made up and retracted by the same untrustworthy source.

-The fact that they were taping things in games, whether you buy Belichick's explanation or not, makes it infinitely less sinister, even though it's bad.

-We went 16-0 the next season. The players we acquired are irrelevant to it as they could have failed as easily as they succeeded, the point being that spygate had nothing to do with our success.

-All of those things mean that this takes away nothing from the Patriots' accomplishments just as Goodell said unless he's a liar too and that's a tall tale only you could make yourself believe.

1. they broke rules. Whether signals/practices. They broke rules. Apparently this concept is tough for you to understand.

2. Yeah, Spygate's a complete myth, just like the Bermuda triangle. Wow.

3. You had the greatest offense of all-time, lol. "those players could've failed just as easily as they succeeded". Do you actually read anything you write? Randy Moss, Welker and Brady might've failed? LOL.

4. Belicheck got caught in 07, he admitted he'd been doing it since 2000. And lol, since he wasn't warned every SINGLE season, that makes it okay. He was warned. Acted like it was a misunderstanding, yet Matt Walsh lies about what they were doing? Guarantee you won't explain that one though. Yet I'm ignoring points Laughing

5. Roger Goodell is the worst commissioner in all of sports, who gives a flyin *bleep* what he said. Guys rumored to be involved in a prostition scandal right now, real credible.

And finally, I love how I get the holier than thou label, when the only ones making insults like "jealous idiots" and "condescending twat" are you two. Typical Pats fans.

Let me get in on that action before I'm done though:

Fvck the Pats and anyone who loves 'em
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:49 pm

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8849699/chip-kelly-bolts-oregon-ducks-coach-philadelphia-eagles

Chip Kelly hired by the Eagles. Great spot for him. He can do wonders with Shady, Jackson, Maclin. He's going to make DeSean his De'Anthony Thomas. Their defense is a whole different story though.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:00 pm

Oh, just to clarify, if I wanted to call you a jealous idiot, I would have said "dmize, you're a jealous idiot".

But clearly you're forgetting what you were insinuating about Belichick which is what I was defending. Really don't have the energy to point out the fallacies (of which there are many) in what you've said. Just resign yourself to knowing you don't actually care what happened but want to be one of the crowd with a pitchfork instead of someone seeing it for what it was.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:10 pm

I'll resign myself to knowing that you're a tool

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:01 pm

MJGunner wrote: you don't actually care what happened but want to be one of the crowd with a pitchfork
dmize wrote:I'll resign myself to knowing that you're a tool

You're a natural Proud
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:09 pm

http://deadspin.com/5976517

College football but....
Manti Te'o faked his girlfriends death?!NFL Thread - Page 18 Mlrp1k

Was like the most inspirational story in college football this year. *grabs popcorn* this is gunna be epic.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:53 pm

...wut's going on here?

Go pack go
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:53 am

Brady Sad

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:57 am

Another year, another Pa(s)ts playoff L rofl

Harbaugh vs Harbaugh. Should be awesome

Go Ravens

edit: also happy for Flacco. He's gotten more criticism than he deserved in the past. And he's gunna get a huge contract now, Ravens should've extended him earlier.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:15 am

Amazing win tonight, Flacco and the defence did it again...

SF is gonna be a different animal but if we can keep riding this momentum and if they keep playing for Ray, we've got a good shot.

Suggs after the game: That's funny, ever since spygate, they haven't been able to win' Laughing
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:47 pm

I find it amusing that we have one post celebrating Ray Lewis, and the next post talking about karma. If your past actions have any influence on your success, the Ravens would never have made the playoffs.

Unless, you know, "cheating" in a game is more important than killing people.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:00 pm

Someones mad.

Yeah cause everyone on the Pats is a moral standard for excellence off the field Rolling Eyes . Brady, leaves his recently pregnant g/f for another woman. Pure class.

Aqib Talib. Shooting at his sisters b/f. Beating up teammates. Beating up taxi drivers. Another real winner.

Alfonso Dennard. Before the draft he punched a cop. When every other team passed on him for this, not Beli.

Julian Edelman. Indecent assault and battery at a nightclub.

Could even go back deeper and talk about Bodden, Moss, Chad Johnson, Nick Kazcur

Every team has scumbags so save the karma garbage.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:10 pm

Tell that to Suggs then lol. Unnecessary to bring it up. Spygate wasn't to blame for Reid's horrible time management in 2004 and its absence wasn't the explanation for two of the most unlikely comeback catches in Super Bowl history both delivered by Eli Manning.

Congrats to Flacco and the Ravens, well deserved. But that was unnecessary. Move on and focus on your goals, don't stick behind and pick on those who are down.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:27 pm

I'm sure Suggs knows that(like me tbf), it's just a jab Pats haters like to throw their way. Vinatieri probably had a bigger effect on them when he left.

Both teams made some unnecessary comments afterward. I thought what Welkers wife said was out of line as well. Suggs, while I found what he said funny, Harbaugh was probably pissed as he generally preaches respecting opponents.

Also as a last note on the subject it's pretty hypocritical to say Ray Lewis killed people, when he was only charged with OoJ, but defending SpyGate because there was no proof. Suspect
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:56 pm

Woooaaaah. There's a difference between 'defending spygate' (which is impossible) and saying that the proportion to which it was blown was undeserved of what actually happened. I argued, and still vehemently insist, that the Patriots achievements don't need to be second guessed because of false claims that were thrown at them in the overblown hysteria that was Spygate.

You wanna believe in the countless conspiratorial accusations thrown at us that have absolutely no proof or merit then be my guest but you're effectively dismissing yourself from any factual debate.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:14 pm

MJGunner wrote: I argued, and still vehemently insist, that the Patriots achievements don't need to be second guessed because of false claims that were thrown at them in the overblown hysteria that was Spygate.

You wanna believe in the countless conspiratorial accusations thrown at us that have absolutely no proof or merit then be my guest but you're effectively dismissing yourself from any factual debate.

1. wasn't referring to you. Unless you stated that Ray Lewis killed people.

2. Not getting into this again but... whether or not SG influenced their success, they still broke rules. Did steroids make Roger Clemens throw harder? Maybe, maybe not, but he still cheated, and that's the point. Did the Saints bounty program make them a better defensive team? Doubt it, still they broke rules.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:56 pm

1. I never said Spygate had no proof either, was simply pointing out that almost all of your claims regarding the issue were baseless.

2. I was calling out the hypocrisy, not holding Ray Lewis to a moral standard. In fact, I wasn't even calling out Suggs' hypocrisy - just the hypocrisy in this thread, which was framed nicely by having the two posts directly adjacent to each other.

I don't feel the need to hero worship my team's players, I don't get my moral compass from athletes. Just thought it was funny how willing you were to celebrate Ray Lewis one page in the thread after you were lambasting Bill Belicheck. It was an interesting alignment of priorities.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:00 pm

stevieg8 wrote:Just thought it was funny how willing you were to celebrate Ray Lewis one page in the thread after you were lambasting Bill Belicheck. It was an interesting alignment of priorities.

Point out where I "celebrated Ray Lewis". I'll wait cause it didn't happen Rolling Eyes
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:28 am

Sorry, it was Amar. My apologies.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:58 pm

Lambasted Belicheck? Where did I do that?
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next