BeautifulGame
Albiceleste
El Chelsea Fuerte
Ali
Giggslegend
37 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

How is Arsenal looking compared - Page 5 Empty Re: How is Arsenal looking compared

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:04 am

Battle top 4 is boring...... Sleep

Battle to stay up is much more interesting......

Everton, Newcastle, Swansea, Blackburn, Norwich and QPR

Suck on that :coffee:

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

How is Arsenal looking compared - Page 5 Empty Re: How is Arsenal looking compared

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:07 am

The Franchise wrote:

Its ill informed why? Because I dont agree with your bias opinion?

Whats this "proven"nonesense? Did Verm just show up in England and suddenly became great? Typical premfacery.

Verm right now is better then Agger or Carra, right now. Not talking about entire body of work over 2 seasons, I am taking right now. You dont seem to understand this simple concept.

What does defensive record prove? It proves he is a good defender? Not really..it means he is playing in a good defensive TEAM. Goals let in is a TEAM stat.

Anyway, he is a good defender, but he is declining and he is slow. Those are facts, whether you like them or not.

Keep on insisting Gerrard was poor last year despite the fact that he was very good last year whenever played is an ill informed opinion.Nothing to do with bias.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:15 am

Need I remind people that Gerrard played with a niggling injury ALL OF LAST SEASON. The fact that he put on performances at varying degrees from solid to masterful, based on your personal opinion, is an incredible achievement on its own.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:05 am

Agger had gone 900+ minutes only conceding 1 goal since Kenny was re-instated as manager. With that stat, he's up there with Vidic. ._.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:10 am

ynwa wrote:Agger had gone 900+ minutes only conceding 1 goal since Kenny was re-instated as manager. With that stat, he's up there with Vidic. ._.

Goes to show that stats only tell half of the story.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:32 am

english_jewel wrote:
ynwa wrote:Agger had gone 900+ minutes only conceding 1 goal since Kenny was re-instated as manager. With that stat, he's up there with Vidic. ._.

Goes to show that stats only tell half of the story.

Though that stat may be misleading he is a world class defender who is ridiculously underrated.

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:40 am

Liverpool has finest 4 CB in EPL, talking overall, not just 2 starters. Agger has potential to become a TS or Vermaelen, but injuries. Skrtel is insanely underrated
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:42 am

ali8775 wrote:I swear to God, I was reading these posts, and then dnmac said Adam > Wilshere, and I just...had to facepalm. Then he said that we can't replace an important player with 10 million and remembered Vermaelen & Henry

It's so funny that you think you ever replaced Henry. Since he's been gone from your club you have been like as sinking ship. Please tell me who you replaced Henry with for less then 10 mill? If you say Van Persie then you are the worst Gunner fan I have ever spoken with.

When Van Persie is healthy (which is never) is he nowhere near Henry's level while in his prime at Arsenal. Then you throw in the fact that he's never healthy then what do you really have? Last year was his highest goal tally in the league and he scored 18, when Henry had 18 for Barca in his first season it was considered a dissapointment. Add to that his next best total is like 10 or 11 it's a joke. I mean if the guy plays 25 games in a season it's considered a huge success for him.

Also, 10 mill 4 years ago was a good amount of money to spend on a player and now it is nothing, it's called inflation you can learn all about it in high school.

What World Class player did Vermaelen replace? And again you are talking about two years ago when the market was drastically different. And to say he fixed your defense is a joke he hasn't been healthy either.

I have never seen a group of fans overrate a performance more then Wilshire's against Barcelona. IT was 2 games and he didn't even score or anything he just didn't get run over. Adam had a better season then Wilshire last year and has had a brilliant start to this year.

Please tell me what Wilshire does better then Adam? This is about right now, not 5 years from now.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:46 am

It is sad and funny to see you guys argue over something you will see the result of in this season's conclusion.

Pool fans insist Gerrard is an ageless miracle, well good for you. Fact is that it is not true, Gerrard declined rapidly from top 10 midfielder to top 30 midfielder (an I am being generous). You can say all you like to say about Gerrard with one leg being better then Jack, but you saying it does not mean its true.

And dnmac, I don't buy the Adams hype. I will reserve judgment to seeing him in this season. Being a big fish in a small pond is easy, and I can name a good number of players who are great at small clubs and then not so much at big clubs. I respect your opinion, but 3 games cannot accurately sum up a player.

Just wait till the end of the season to see the actual results.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:56 am

dnmac4 wrote:
Please tell me what Wilshire does better then Adam? This is about right now, not 5 years from now.

I dont want to answer for all your post but i would like to answer to this. What has Adam done so far that he is now better than Wilshere? Just because he joined Liverpool?

djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:58 am

The OPs question came far too soon to answer with any certainty. Should ask this question in 2 or 3 months. Can get far better assessments.

And neither Vermaelen or Agger are WC. They're just really great defenders.

Neither have done enough on any level to warrant that distinction.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:08 pm

McLewis wrote:The OPs question came far too soon to answer with any certainty. Should ask this question in 2 or 3 months. Can get far better assessments.

Did'nt you hear?

half a decent season makes you world class now sometimes you dont even need that( See Issac Newton's Theory of Marcelo for reference)

:coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:12 pm

djoe26 wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:

I dont want to answer for all your post but i would like to answer to this. What has Adam done so far that he is now better than Wilshere? Just because he joined Liverpool?

Scores goals, makes assists dictates play from deep and in the final third and has some of the best free kicks/corner kicks and passes in the league. Also, is a leader and almost dragged Blackpool out of relegation last year not to mention made huge plays at the end of games to keep them competitive. He was named one of the top 11 players in the EPL last year and this is all while playing with BLACKPOOL before he ever got to LIVERPOOL is that enough for you????????

This year in 3 games he has a goal and 3 assists and has bossed the midfield for Liverpool while just arriving there.

Now please answer my question and tell me WHY Wilshire is better then Adam.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
McLewis wrote:The OPs question came far too soon to answer with any certainty. Should ask this question in 2 or 3 months. Can get far better assessments.

Did'nt you hear?

half a decent season makes you world class now sometimes you dont even need that( See Issac Newton's Theory of Marcelo for reference)

Agger has been part of one of the best defenses in the best league in the world for nearly 4 seasons.Apart from being part of the defence that reached the CL semis twice and final once.

Ofcourse half a season wonder Rolling Eyes
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:20 pm

Thing with agger is that his performances were in shadow due to Liverpool's condition. Also injures. TS and Vermaelen both are not WC, but close, were crucial in their first seasons at their respective teams
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:20 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:It is sad and funny to see you guys argue over something you will see the result of in this season's conclusion.

Pool fans insist Gerrard is an ageless miracle, well good for you. Fact is that it is not true, Gerrard declined rapidly from top 10 midfielder to top 30 midfielder (an I am being generous). You can say all you like to say about Gerrard with one leg being better then Jack, but you saying it does not mean its true.

And dnmac, I don't buy the Adams hype. I will reserve judgment to seeing him in this season. Being a big fish in a small pond is easy, and I can name a good number of players who are great at small clubs and then not so much at big clubs. I respect your opinion, but 3 games cannot accurately sum up a player.

Just wait till the end of the season to see the actual results.

There is a habit of ignoring sensible posts here.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:25 pm

How about the fact he Won MOTM against barcelona while playing against the Best midfielder in the world and the 2nd best Midfielder in the world ?

Or how he dominated the midfield against Man utd ?

Or how he out performed the likes of Lampard and Essien against Chelsea ?

Or how he was the only player who actually did something against barca at Camp nou ?

Adam scores goals and assists? well wasn't that his job as he was the main playmaker for Blackpool ? And now as a Deep lying playmaker for liverpool

Wilshere played as DM for us, We didn't expect him to score or Assist and yet he provided 9 assists last season.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:25 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Did'nt you hear?

Agger has been part of one of the best defenses in the best league in the world for nearly 4 seasons.Apart from being part of the defence that reached the CL semis twice and final once.

Injured too much, he has the ability there was a reason i said Barca should have signed him when it looked like he was leaving Liverpool....

But he has'nt consistently proven he's world class, to be a world class CB you need to be a top 10 defender and due to inconsistent performances and injurys he has'nt....

Dont get me wrong he has the ability but World class is thrown around too much these days....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:38 pm

So Mole, I look at your sig and go search for the thing in youtube.

I find it, watch it and then laugh. I scroll down (I know it is stupid and wrong and insane to scroll down in youtube but what can you do?), and there is this race war going on with the KKK, the black panther, and the red Khmer all arguing.

Restore some sanity lads before we end up like the youtube posters.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:39 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Did'nt you hear?

Injured too much, he has the ability there was a reason i said Barca should have signed him when it looked like he was leaving Liverpool....

But he has'nt consistently proven he's world class, to be a world class CB you need to be a top 10 defender and due to inconsistent performances and injurys he has'nt....

Dont get me wrong he has the ability but World class is thrown around too much these days....

Ya agree.His injuries has held him back but its unfair to brand his infeior to the likes of Vermalen(who i rate highly too) or as a half a season wonder.

Well when people brand the likes of Van Persie and Pato as world class despite their injury proneness then i dont see why Agger cant be termed in the same way.

And frankly world class is a term no one can properly define and is a matter of opinion.It just leads to debating in circles just like the x better than y argument.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:41 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:So Mole, I look at your sig and go search for the thing in youtube.

I find it, watch it and then laugh. I scroll down (I know it is stupid and wrong and insane to scroll down in youtube but what can you do?), and there is this race war going on with the KKK, the black panther, and the red Khmer all arguing.

Restore some sanity lads before we end up like the youtube posters.

SMFH, i know they say people's brains are not fulle devoloped until 25 or something but this is just stupid.....

@BG

Agree Smile

And i was'nt calling Agger half a season wonder i was saying what it takes to become WC Thumbs up
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:47 pm

I think they will really strugggle this season.
Looking down the first eleven and squad I see a lot of average players and the players they brought in are not world class.
Arteta is probably past it but could surprise.Mertesacker is a decent signing but again not world class.
Gervinho and Chamberlain.LOL.No comment.
Every top club needs a marquee player and Arsenal have none.
To put things in perspective City signed Aguero and Nasri.
United signed De Gea.Chelsea signed Mata.
Arsenal will struggle to finish top 4 this season.IMO Liverpool will finish fourth and Wenger to give his customary belief and potential at the end of the season.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:47 pm

dnmac4 wrote:

Scores goals, makes assists dictates play from deep and in the final third and has some of the best free kicks/corner kicks and passes in the league. Also, is a leader and almost dragged Blackpool out of relegation last year not to mention made huge plays at the end of games to keep them competitive. He was named one of the top 11 players in the EPL last year and this is all while playing with BLACKPOOL before he ever got to LIVERPOOL is that enough for you????????

This year in 3 games he has a goal and 3 assists and has bossed the midfield for Liverpool while just arriving there.

Now please answer my question and tell me WHY Wilshire is better then Adam.

If i am not mistaken, adam had only 4 assists last season while Wilshere had 3 assists. Adam played in Blackpool and was thier best player and played advanced role while Jack played deeper role because Fabregas had the advanced role.

Our tactics was more built around Fabregas while Jack played deep which isnt his natural position. But he still managed to adapt that position in no time and became almost arsenals key player. Wilshere could've more assists but the role he played was more like designing attacks.

Wilshere is better because his technique is great and for his age, he has very impressive vision and a keen football brain which allows him to take control of a game. Also dont forget he won the 2011 PFA young player of the year award.

Anyway here is a video of him playing against barcelona:

djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:48 pm

RealGunner wrote:How about the fact he Won MOTM against barcelona while playing against the Best midfielder in the world and the 2nd best Midfielder in the world ?

Or how he dominated the midfield against Man utd ?

Or how he out performed the likes of Lampard and Essien against Chelsea ?

Or how he was the only player who actually did something against barca at Camp nou ?

Adam scores goals and assists? well wasn't that his job as he was the main playmaker for Blackpool ? And now as a Deep lying playmaker for liverpool

Wilshere played as DM for us, We didn't expect him to score or Assist and yet he provided 9 assists last season.

Adam playing Liverpool of the park in Anfield.Playing United and City off the park at Blackpool or Spurs at WHL.All this playing for a team that got relegated and with players around most of championship quality.Adam was one of the best midfielders in the league just like Wilshere was last year so i dont see why he cant have the same impact on the games that Wilshere can at the moment.

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:50 pm

"Adam was one of the best midfielders in the league just like Wilshere was last year so i dont see why he cant have the same impact on the games that Wilshere can at the moment."

Completely Agree on that one

But i don't see how anyone who actually watches the PL can say

Adam >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> wilshere

that's just ignorant
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:52 pm

alexjanosik wrote:I think they will really strugggle this season.
Looking down the first eleven and squad I see a lot of average players and the players they brought in are not world class.
Arteta is probably past it but could surprise.Mertesacker is a decent signing but again not world class.
Gervinho and Chamberlain.LOL.No comment.
of the season.

you don't rate Gervinho ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next