Park Chu-young
Andre Santos
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Mikel Arteta

Out:

Nasri
Clichy
Fabregas

How would you line up, and how do they match against United, City, Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool ?

Sczenscy

Sagna Verm Mertesacker Santos

Song
Wilshere Arteta

Gervinho Park Chu-young
v.Persie

Would even have a good bench!
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

How is Arsenal looking compared Empty Re: How is Arsenal looking compared

Post by Ali Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:59 pm

I'd say only the Manchester's are better then our first XI, other then that we will see
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:09 pm

Doubt they'll finish in the Top 4. Really depends on Liverpool.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:10 pm

Giggslegend wrote:
Sczenscy

Song
Wilshere Arteta

Gervinho Park Chu-young
v.Persie

Did rules change? Are you now allowed to have 12 players playing at once?

Last edited by english_jewel on Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:11 pm

english_jewel wrote:Did rules change or are you now allowed to have 12 players playing at once?

park chu young is 1 player smh
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:12 pm

loooooooool

my bad

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:16 pm

english_jewel wrote:
Giggslegend wrote:
Sczenscy

Song
Wilshere Arteta

Gervinho Park Chu-young
v.Persie

Did rules change? Are you now allowed to have 12 players playing at once?

ali8775 wrote:
english_jewel wrote:Did rules change or are you now allowed to have 12 players playing at once?

park chu young is 1 player smh

:lol!:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:19 pm

Man U, City and Chelsea are clearly the top 3 clubs. Arsenal sits at 4 and Liverpool at 5. I think Arsenal finish 4th if they say healthy (lol).

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:21 pm

I wont compare squads or team strength because its completely pointless and never ending arguement.

But i was pretty confident we will finish 4th this season before the window opened.Since we have massively improved our squad and Arsenal have considerably weakened their squad.And Chelsea havent signed the Creative midfielder (Modric who i thought they would sign) they needed either.

These coupled with the absence of European football which means hectic free scheduling for us this season means i am pretty sure we will finish 3rd or 4th( Most likely 4th though).
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:25 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:I wont compare squads or team strength because its completely pointless and never ending arguement.

But i was pretty confident we will finish 4th this season before the window opened.Since we have massively improved our squad and Arsenal have considerably weakened their squad.And Chelsea havent signed the Creative midfielder (Modric who i thought they would sign) they needed either.

These coupled with the absence of European football which means hectic free scheduling for us this season means i am pretty sure we will finish 3rd or 4th.

TBH I think we have enough to compensate for not getting a creative midfielder. We can switch formations around and use McEachran, Mata or even Meireles for creativity. Plus Sturridge and Luiz haven't played yet.

Almost forgot the fact that Liverpool have an empty European schedule. Can definitely see you finishing fourth.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:25 pm

The defense has slightly improved but at the cost of losing an irreplaceable Cesc (yes Mikel is a good player but he's always injured lol Arsenal and hes not on the same level as Cesc) so 4th or 5th for me.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:26 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:I wont compare squads or team strength because its completely pointless and never ending arguement.

These coupled with the absence of European football which means hectic free scheduling for us this season means i am pretty sure we will finish 3rd or 4th( Most likely 4th though).

So what is Mata exactly? He's better than Modric for those of us that follow leagues other than the EPL. Not to mention Chelsea added Meireles and Lukaku as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:29 pm

sportsczy wrote:

So what is Mata exactly? He's better than Modric for those of us that follow leagues other than the EPL. Not to mention Chelsea added Meireles and Lukaku as well.

Mata is a left winger, not an out an out creative midfielder. However we can switch things around to accommodate him in that position but he'll primarily be used as a LM. Don't forget we're also weak in that area.

With that you also cannot compare Modric and Mata.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:33 pm

sportsczy wrote:

I am not denying Mata is quality but he will play as a left winger.They still needed Modric like player to challenge United or City and Meireles wont be bridge that big a gap imo.Thats why i think we have a real chance of finishing 3rd but still think they will probably finish ahead of us.As i earlier said our lack of European football will be massive advantage for us imo.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:33 pm

mata is a modern midfielder who can play wings just as easily as all the attacking midfield spots. It doesn't matter to him... he can play CM, AM, LW, RW or SS. He's just a creator. That's how attacking midfielders are trained in Spain.

Look at Cesc at Barca... he's playing RW/striker for them now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:37 pm

Only reason Mata is not playing centrally at Chelsea is that Lampard is there and he cannot play anywhere else + they wanted more creativity from a wing. For the team, it's better. Modric coming would've been icing on the cake... and would've benched Lampard.

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:40 pm

sportsczy wrote:mata is a modern midfielder who can play wings just as easily as all the attacking midfield spots. It doesn't matter to him... he can play CM, AM, LW, RW or SS. He's just a creator. That's how attacking midfielders are trained in Spain.

You are missing the point.Chelsea have Mata but City have Nasri Silva and Aguero to create goals.United have SAF and a system that always keep them in top 2.So Mata isnt enough for Chelsea to overtake City or United.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:42 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
sportsczy wrote:mata is a modern midfielder who can play wings just as easily as all the attacking midfield spots. It doesn't matter to him... he can play CM, AM, LW, RW or SS. He's just a creator. That's how attacking midfielders are trained in Spain.

You are missing the point.Chelsea have Mata but City have Nasri Silva and Aguero to create goals.United have SAF and a system that always keep them in top 2.So Mata isnt enough for Chelsea to overtake City or United.

Maybe McEachran can help? Smile

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:49 pm

english_jewel wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

Chelsea faans better hope Laughing

Seriously i read that PAtrick vanholt (sp?) your young LB has been loaned out to Wigan.So who is cover for A.Cole?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:52 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
english_jewel wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

Chelsea faans better hope Laughing

Seriously i read that PAtrick vanholt (sp?) your young LB has been loaned out to Wigan.So who is cover for A.Cole?

Luiz can play LB, and so can Bertrand, 22 year old LB. I imagine the reason why Aanholt was loaned and Bertrand was not was because Aanholt clearly has the better future, and so he needs PL experience.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:10 pm

guys...if we play Diaby you DO know that were unbeatable right ?
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:32 pm

ali8775 wrote:guys...if we play Diaby you DO know that were unbeatable right ?

If you play Diaby you would be unbeatable? What?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:36 pm

Lampard is very creative in the final third. At least when he's on form anyway. Mata and Sturridge are more creative than any player in the current Liverpool squad as well.

What we lack the most in our squad is someone who dictates play all over the pitch. That's why AVB was so desperate to bring in Modric this summer.

McEachran can easily play that role for us but does he have the bottle start an 18 year old ahead of "World Class" internationals? Lets see.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:38 pm

english_jewel wrote:
ali8775 wrote:guys...if we play Diaby you DO know that were unbeatable right ?

If you play Diaby you would be unbeatable? What?
whoooosh
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:43 pm

Gil wrote:Lampard is very creative in the final third. At least when he's on form anyway. Mata and Sturridge are more creative than any player in the current Liverpool squad as well.

What we lack the most in our squad is someone who dictates play all over the pitch. That's why AVB was so desperate to bring in Modric this summer.

McEachran can easily play that role for us but does he have the bottle start an 18 year old ahead of "World Class" internationals? Lets see.

How is Arsenal looking compared Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next