Benry
djoe26
Sina
Jay29
Iceman
60 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread  - Page 21 Empty Re: The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Spider Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:58 pm

ahsanasif wrote:Even if we do get Gervinho, Hazard, Benz and Samba, our summer will be incomplete without a back up DM.

Well if we didn't get any Dm Then imo Wenger should use Djourou as a Dm if anything happen to song

Sagna Samba Vermalen Clichy

Wilshere Djourou

Imagine playing like this against teams like Stock , Chelsea ..

Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread  - Page 21 Empty Re: The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by ahsanasif Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:00 pm

For once, I'd like to see Wenger using players in their PREFERRED positions. Remember Nasri in DM a few years back? What a fail that was.
ahsanasif
ahsanasif
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by GenBlizkin Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:20 pm

Samba and Djourou in defence and TV to DM... he has the skillset to play there and do it well
GenBlizkin
GenBlizkin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:35 pm

GenBlizkin wrote:Samba and Djourou in defence and TV to DM... he has the skillset to play there and do it well

Everything about that reeks off 'beats'. Technically, if we had to ask and CB to play DM, Vermaelen would be my no.1 choice. Imagine what he would do when that ball lands at his feet at the edge of the penalty area after an attempted corner clearance Twisted Evil
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:38 pm

SUPERCARTTS wrote:
GenBlizkin wrote:Samba and Djourou in defence and TV to DM... he has the skillset to play there and do it well

Everything about that reeks off 'beats'. Technically, if we had to ask and CB to play DM, Vermaelen would be my no.1 choice. Imagine what he would do when that ball lands at his feet at the edge of the penalty area after an attempted corner clearance Twisted Evil

SCREAMER !!!!!!! affraid
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:39 pm

ArsenalWenger wrote:So that pretty much confirms that Gervinho will be an Arsenal player. We have to be careful with RVP this season and maybe rotate between Chamakh, Gervinho and RVP due to ACN. Maybe Wenger will loan a striker in January to cover, (maybe Thierry Very Happy?) but our forward line looks impressive.

It doesn't confirm anything, really, other than Arsenal and Lille are negotiating a fee. It's very possible that Lille will ask for too much and Arsenal will pull out.

So much for the reports claiming we were already talking with Lille about a price. Can't wait until this one is over; enough talking, more action. Neutral

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:39 pm

Neymar is apparently very close to a move to Madrid.

This is our chance to put in a bid for Benzema.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:52 pm

Madrid - the empitime of logical transfers. Very Happy

Looks like they signing Aguero too. Cheeky bid for Higuain, anyone?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:01 pm

We should go for both Razz
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:13 pm

In all seriousness though, the only way I see us going for Benzema or Higuain is if Fabregas leaves. Fabregas leaving could be the catalyst for either a change to 4-4-2 or using van Persie as the AMC, thus freeing up a space up front.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ahsanasif Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:22 pm

^Agreed.

And secondly, if we go for Benz, Hazard will not be purchased this summer. Two high priced transfers is very unWengerish.
ahsanasif
ahsanasif
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ArsenalWenger Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:59 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
ArsenalWenger wrote:So that pretty much confirms that Gervinho will be an Arsenal player. We have to be careful with RVP this season and maybe rotate between Chamakh, Gervinho and RVP due to ACN. Maybe Wenger will loan a striker in January to cover, (maybe Thierry Very Happy?) but our forward line looks impressive.

It doesn't confirm anything, really, other than Arsenal and Lille are negotiating a fee. It's very possible that Lille will ask for too much and Arsenal will pull out.

So much for the reports claiming we were already talking with Lille about a price. Can't wait until this one is over; enough talking, more action. Neutral

Yeah I guess so, I should of said I'm confident he's going to be an Arsenal player Very Happy He wants Arsenal, always been an Arsenal fan, the president would prefer if he stays but is resigned to losing one of Hazard or Gervinho, (so Hazard probably won't leave) and I think it's just the newspapers speculating that City are interested, not to mention Wenger has been interested in him a long time and this year I think he'll play that extra buck to get him.

This has just happened the past few days as well as I remember their president said that no offers had been received apart from the Spuds offer, so Wenger has been active and on the lookout anyway.

Btw if we do get Gervinho, will he start, maybe rotate but between Walcott and Gervinho, who'd you rather have on the right wing? Or move him to the left with Nasri on the right providing he stays?
ArsenalWenger
ArsenalWenger
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:07 pm

I'd go with Nasri left and Walcott right to start with and see what happens from there. Gervinho can come in for whoever is the most inconsistent or out of form at the time.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:00 pm

You know Benzema can play on the wing? Hell, he's probably best playing on the wing. I'd love him on the left flank.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:47 pm

Wenger resigned to losing Clichy but Liverpool can’t have him
June 14, 2011
The London Evening Standard has been talking to an Arsenal source who has told them that Gael Clichy has totally refused to sign a new contract with the Gunners after staying loyal for eight years.

Wenger made a point of speaking about trying to keep Samir Nasri and Cesc Fabregas at Arsenal next season, but he didn’t utter any word about the situation with Clichy’s contract talks which tells volumes about the progess made; zero!

Wenger now has no choice but to sell Clichy on this summer and the source reveals that Wenger will not sanction a move to another Premiership club. They say that a move to Italy is most likely with Inter Milan, Juventus, Bayern Munich and Roma all being quoted as interested in signing the 25 year-old.

The problem with that is that Clichy is quite settled in England with his wife, Charlene Suric, and is keen to remain here, so Wenger may have problems persuading the French international to move abroad.

It may come to pass that Clichy may insist on moving to Liverpool or nowhere, but that may actually work to Wenger’s advantage if he gets a clear run on signing Jose Enrique from Newcastle.

http://justarsenal.com/wenger-resigned-to-losing-clichy-but-liverpool-cant-have-him/8431

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:47 pm

Tottenham to challenge Arsenal for Samba
June 14, 2011
It has been reported that Arsenal have had an £8m offer for Blackburn’s Christopher Samba but Arsene Wenger is definitely going to go back with an improved offer after missing out on Phil Jones, but according to today’s Mirror, it seems that Harry Redknapp is also interested in the big defender at a reasonable price.

Tottenham have a lot of defenders but they are mostly quite ageing and Redknapp knows he needs a couple of big strong backs with proven Premiership experience, while Arsenal defensive problems have been discussed at some length on Just Arsenal and most pundits agree that Samba is exactly what we need.

http://justarsenal.com/
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:53 pm

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas will meet with representatives from Barcelona this week before reiterating his desire to join the European Cup champions.

The 24-year-old is flying to Madrid tomorrow to shoot an advertisement alongside Spain team-mates Xabi Alonso and David Villa before flying on to Catalonia, according to The Times.

The Gunners are demanding £50million for their talisman but Fabregas’ desire to move to Barcelona has not altered since he told manager Arsene Wenger he wanted to leave last May.

Fabregas’ agent believe their is a ‘gentleman’s agreement’ between them and Wenger in which he will allow the Spain international to leave after staying put last season.

Wenger has experience of his stars being courted by top clubs but has in the past the player has stayed or been sold for the desired price.

But players, such as Patrick Vieira and Thierry Henry, had given their best years to Arsenal. Fabregas’ peak seems someway off.

He is now prepared to take events a step further and publicly confirm his desire to leave if Wenger again prevents him from going back to Barcelona, where he grew up.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/06/14/arsenal-captain-cesc-fabregas-set-for-barcelona-talks/
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:59 pm

hmm a lot of rumours today.

I really do think Gervinho and Samba will be Arsenal players soon enough. However there is a lot of talk going on that Wenger wants Dann as well. 2 CBs.... I find that interesting.

Does this means wenger will try Djourou/Vermaelen at CB in pre season ?

No hazard unforunately and i guess thats understandable. However i dont see Nasri staying for more then 3 seasons at Arsenal and i really think wenger wants Hazard at Arsenal so i wont worry

Wenger is still looking for a striker though. However i really hope we dont get Emmanuel Riviere. First of all he isnt ready, 2nd he is worse then Bendtner. I may be wrong but there is no point in selling bendtner and getting him.

If neymar does go to Real madrid then it will be interesting to see if wenger goes for Benzema.

Also Seb Larson linked with us on a free. I dont think we need him so lets hope its not true
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:07 pm

If it's not Kun, it's neymar, or even both, whichever the case, it looks like they are really going to boot Benzema or higuain, but there is less chances of that happening.

Benzema looks to me set to move to arsenal and if he does, im sure Nasri will stay there for a long time.

You should watch out for Fergie tho, man utd never makes waves on the market before signing someone so i think he is also watching that situation.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:29 pm

Benzema would become even bigger and better if he makes the right choice joining the Gunners.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:33 pm

benzema would bring all the arsenal fans right behind wenger once again

we need 1 WC signing to make the fans happy n satisfied
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:35 pm

RealGunner wrote:benzema would bring all the arsenal fans right behind wenger once again

we need 1 WC signing to make the fans happy n satisfied

Just imagine the amount of goals he would score, as you all know we create the most amount of goal scoring chances for the players. Benzema is a great finisher, the right player for Arsenal.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:38 pm

Pretty confident Gervinho, Chamberlain and Samba will be Arsenal players this summer.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:59 pm

What a surprise to see Spurs interested in the same players we're interested in. Rolling Eyes

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:02 pm

So Spuds wanna mess around with the one defender we seem to have a chance of signing? I will walk to where ever their pathetic excuse of a stadium is and punch that snob of a manager on his face if this happens. Grr.

Benz would be a really really top class addition. Lets hope this happens. Though I'd put a good 4-6 weeks before any sort of deal to materialize on this front. Might be a last day of transfer window deal, at best, if you ask me.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:13 pm

We won't go for Benzema if we get Gervinho and Chamerlain in. Not even to play as a left winger. I just can't see it happening.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next