Benry
djoe26
Sina
Jay29
Iceman
60 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread  Empty The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Iceman Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:42 pm

Original thread created by Goonerjay29

Well, now that we're a bit into the summer, we have had quite a few transfer rumors floating about. Arsenal are being linked with Alvarez, Gervinho, Higuain, Benzema, Samba, Baines and a whole bunch of other names.

Post whatever news you can find here so we can stay informed on whats going on exactly.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread  Empty Re: The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Iceman Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:52 pm

I'm just creating the stickied threads that were in the goal.com forums
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread  Empty Re: The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:33 pm

Biggest news today on the transfer front:

Nicklas Bendtner confirms exit wish

Hopefully we can get £10,000,000 or so for him.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:19 pm

what do u guys think abt Balasz Dzsudszak from psv?
is he available?
bleacher report has him as a possible replacement for nasri
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:12 pm

sina90 wrote:what do u guys think abt Balasz Dzsudszak from psv?
is he available?
bleacher report has him as a possible replacement for nasri
He is ok player but not good as Nasri. What happend to us signing Hazard? that seems to disappear for some reason.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:16 pm

Eden Hazard is just out of our price range so we've pretty much stopped out interest in him. We're going his cheaper Gervinho instead and the expectation is he'll be sgining by the end of next week. It's a Twitter rumour, though.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:27 pm

But can Gervinho play in left wing? I have always seen him playing right wing or CF. Gervinho is great player too but i hope we sign Hazard.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:28 pm

I haven't watched Lille much this season, even though I've been watching a lot of other matches in Ligue 1. I'm just not that into their team tbh; however, if you ask any Ligue 1 fan they would say that Gervinho out-performed Hazard this season. Of course, Hazard's potential is matched by only a few but getting Gervinho would be an excellent move. He's the winger version of Drogba really
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:38 pm

Anyone that can play right wing can play left wing as well, really. It'll be Gervinho's weaker side but as long as he's got the ball skills and intelligence he'll be just fine on that side.

He's older than Hazard and has more experience as well; you could say he's the finished article, while Hazard still needs to mature a bit more. If you ask me what we need right now, it's the finished article.

So while it'll be a shame to miss out on a talent like Hazard, I feel it's necessary. We just have to make do with what we have at the club: Miyaichi, Wellington, Bunjaku - all skilled and direct dribblers like Hazard.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:40 pm

The question is: How much will playing on the other wing affect him?

For example, we rarely ever play Walcott on the left wing nowadays and I am yet to see Arshavin play on the right wing. Playing on the opposite wing limits their capabilities and I think that might be the case for Gervinho
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Benry Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:47 pm

Trying to sign Gervinho is a big risk in terms of this coming season depending on his level of importance he could miss a huge part of Arsenal's season, in terms of his availability via the ACON. I have only seen him a handful of times I feel he could be an assest to Arsenal but I am not fully convinced. The rumors circulating the internet say that Arsenal bid but Lille rejected, apparantley it will be a player + cash deal.
Benry
Benry
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:49 pm

Arshavin does play on the right on ocassion but since he's so good at cutting in and attacking players with the ball, he's more effective from the left (well, the centre really but we know he'll never play there).

From what I hear about Gervinho, he's not someone who attacking the byline and look to cross the ball. Apparently he isn't particularly apt at crossing. If this is the case, then playing on the left may suit him as he can cut inside and get in better areas for a pass or shot.

With Walcott he isn't quite as good at making his own space with the ball, which is something you'd have to do more often as a right footed player on the left hand side. On the right he's already in a position to use his right foot, so it suits him better. Plus Walcott's natural tendency is to go outside the player with the ball, not inside.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:16 pm

Gervinho is more EPL ready then Hazard. I hope Wenger gets Gervinho, I wanted him in Arsenal all year long. If he does come to Arsenal where do you think Wenger will place him, Gervinho for Arshivan?.Gourcuff for Nasri?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:24 pm

Peter Odemwingie one step closer to Arsenal move
West Brom striker Peter Odemwingie may be one step closer to a dream move to Arsenal after his club made an approach for Watford’s Danny Graham.
Arsene Wenger is reportedly putting together a £4 million bid for the Nigerian, who impressed in his first full season in the Premier League.
Odemwingie’s move to Arsenal would relieve the pressure on Robin van Persie to score goals for the Gunners and Wenger believes it may be the answer to ending Arsenal’s trophyless streak, which now stretches six seasons.
However, it is unlikely Baggies boss Roy Hodgson will let his star make a summer move to the Emirates without a ready-made replacement in the wings.
Hodgson was recently rumoured to have tabled a £2.5 million bid for Watford’s star striker Danny Graham and may be willing to release Odemwingie if the bid is successful.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:26 pm

Big no to Yoann Gourcuff. Every time I've seen him play he's makes simple passes and commonly decides to shoot from absurd distances.

Considering the huge fee it'd take to pry him away from Lyon, there are much better options out there.

Peter Odemwingie one step closer to Arsenal move
West Brom striker Peter Odemwingie may be one step closer to a dream move to Arsenal after his club made an approach for Watford’s Danny Graham.
Arsene Wenger is reportedly putting together a £4 million bid for the Nigerian, who impressed in his first full season in the Premier League.
Odemwingie’s move to Arsenal would relieve the pressure on Robin van Persie to score goals for the Gunners and Wenger believes it may be the answer to ending Arsenal’s trophyless streak, which now stretches six seasons.
However, it is unlikely Baggies boss Roy Hodgson will let his star make a summer move to the Emirates without a ready-made replacement in the wings.
Hodgson was recently rumoured to have tabled a £2.5 million bid for Watford’s star striker Danny Graham and may be willing to release Odemwingie if the bid is successful.

I'm not sure on this. He's a decent player and has done very well for West Brom, and £4,000,000 isn't bad for an experienced player either, but I just think we can get in a better player.

It seems that our most likely signings this summer are all African: Samba is from Congo, Gervinho from Cote d'Ivoire and Odemwingie is Nigerian. Potentially all three could go for to the African Cup of Nations, along with Eboue and Chamakh. Losing two strikers and someone who can play there would be great for our squad depth, especially with an injury prone van Persie. Rolling Eyes

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ArsenalWenger Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:47 pm

If we do get Gervinho and Bendtner goes, when it comes to ACON, we will only have VP and Vela, with Chamakh and Gervinho away, so that's a pretty big disadvantage for us, with VP injury prone and Vela pretty much untested. Regardless I still want us to get Gervinho, I have a good feeling about this guy, I'd prefer him rather than Hazard at the moment, he might become a better player in the future but we are looking to improve now, we can sign youngsters for the future.
ArsenalWenger
ArsenalWenger
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:48 am

Yoann Gourcuff would be a waste. Every time I watched him, he attempted to do everything in the middle, from tackle, run, pass, shot, header and ended up mediocre at all of them.

Odemwingie, I like him consider what he did to us but African Cup might cause problem like everyone said.

Also Hazard > Gervinho, he's one of the kind. We missed out these kind of players before like Xabi, Ronaldo, would suck if 4 or 5 years from now we look back of what could have been.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:03 am

Ok so were apparently interested in some guy named Mathieu Valbuena.

"A French midfielder and one who knows what it means to score in the English Premier League are today’s names linked with a possible move to Arsenal.

According to talkSport, the Gunners are interested in Marseille’s midfielder Mathieu Valbuena. It is reported that the 26-year old is available for £10m and if the article is correct, manager Arsene Wenger sent scouts to monitor the midfielder who enjoyed 31 appearances for his club this season.

In other news, Metro reports that West Bromwich Albion’s Peter Odemwingie is “one step closer to Arsenal move”. The Nigeria International scored 15 goals in the just-ended season but it is unlikely that his club will let him go knowing that next season they will again need someone to help them stay in in England’s top flight."

EDIT: And apparently Hangeland is ready to leave after Mark Hughes quit his job as Fulham manager. It's on arsenalnews.net but the page won't load. Would he be better than Samba? :!:
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:46 am

Out of top 50 players arsenal is linked with 40 of them and the funny thing we have not signed any player yet. Arsenal will not sign any players until Cesc and Nasri situation is taken care off.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:03 am

Yeah, most likely. They really need to sort that shit out ASAP.

Arsene likes making his purchases late on, when there's more pressure and less time to negotiate. This works for his unknown players, but if we're after big stars or someone fairly known, (such as Gervinho, or whatever) I'd prefer it we move fast before interest is spread to another club or some other club gets our signing.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:14 am

Hard to move quick though, he needs to sort out Nasri and Clichy situation 1st before consider any move
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwigunner Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:17 am

I get the feeling this is how it is every year for us though...
Kiwigunner
Kiwigunner
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:19 am

Bare in mind that everyone are or will be on their holidays soon. Nothing concrete is going to occur until July at least.

Just be patient.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwigunner Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:01 am

We get the rumours that Wenger has come home early from holiday to sort contracts out too though. All bullshit you think?
Kiwigunner
Kiwigunner
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sagnik92 Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:24 am

reportedly we are negotiating with you guys.55 mil for cesc.

thiago can be included to drop the price.
sagnik92
sagnik92
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next