Benry
djoe26
Sina
Jay29
Iceman
60 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread  - Page 40 Empty Re: The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by usman111 Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:05 pm

Between 10-12million would be ok if we somehow manage to sell siquallaci. If those blackburn owners demand more i would rather sign Robert Huth from stoke.
Apart from that bartley should be kept and miquel loaned out.

Arsenal have a budget of around 60mil so wenger can buy these players easily. If a backup dm can come in second half and help to see out the game i would for sure buy him. Neither of wilshere, fab, nasri,wallcott, arshavin are great at heading the problem lies here. This is also a reason why i thought wenger wanted to buy both gervinho and ricky bcoz he could use their height in the attack and defence. I would rather have a genuine defensive mid. Plus if you look at man united they have fletcher and carrick who help in set plays arsenal just have song who is also not excellent in heading the ball away. Chelsea have lampard, essien, ramires. This says alot.

On rosiscky i wont sell him because injuries have destroyed him but recently he managed a few games and i hope after a decent pre season he would be back. Arshavin no chance for him to go. He needs to retire here. Even when he is inconsistent u never know what he night do next.
If nasri leaves sign ricky or gervinho as they are realistic buys though god knows how they will turn out. talks are still going on with nasri and arsenal have lined up these players in case they break down. That is why they keep delaying it.
Vela needs game time but that depends if you are willing to take a risk on him or sign gervinho.
Diaby is not a bad player if you look at him playing for france team he would justify himself as a good squad player.

usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread  - Page 40 Empty Re: The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Iceman Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:07 pm

Song's offensive attributes were useful plenty of times. He got the hang of his role throughout the season and during the second half, he was hardly at fault for the goals we conceded.

Alvarez is a player I like. He can find spaces and his bursts remind me of the bursts that Henry made. Just a dash in between players with nobody able to stop him. All I know is from youtube videos, but Alvarez offers something that this team desperately lacks: penetrative runs.
Gervinho also does the same, except that he is more of a forward while Alvarez is more of a midfielder. I'd be very pleased if we get both of them.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:07 pm

Guys I am not so sure about that 60 million budget.
Wenger haggling again – Lille laugh at Gervinho offer!
Posted on June 25, 2011

This could be a long summer for Arsenal fans

I suppose it was obvious to everyone that there is no such thing as a quick deal in Arsene Wenger Land, as we all know he will scrimp and save every penny when he gets the chance, so it looks like we are in for another few weeks of negotiations for Gervinho.

The player himself has told Lille that he wants to join Arsenal, which should give Wenger an advantage, but those Wily Frenchmen can be just as hard-nosed as Wenger when it comees to transfer dealings. Look at last years saga with Laurent Koscielny….

So reports from France say Lille laughed at Wenger’s opening bid (believed to be 10m Euros) and refused it out of hand, and are demanding that Arsenal come back with a much higher starting point if they want to continue negotiations for the Ivory Coast star that has scored 31 goals in 75 games for the Ligue 1 Champions.

But talks are continuing and The Sun today reckons that Wenger will go as high as £12m (13m euros) to secure his services, but will that be enough for Lille?
http://justarsenal.com

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:10 pm

Nasri decision expected next week
Posted on June 25, 2011

It has been revealed that Arsene Wenger will be bak to work in London Colney next week, and the top of his list of things to do is to conclude the negotiations with Samir Nasri and his agent.

Wenger has already said that the problem is simply a financial one, but according to the Independent, Nasri is much more concerned abuot whether Arsenal will be making the necessary moves in the transfer market so the Gunners can seriously challenge for the big trophies next season.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Guys I am not so sure about that 60 million budget.
Wenger haggling again – Lille laugh at Gervinho offer!
Posted on June 25, 2011

This could be a long summer for Arsenal fans

I suppose it was obvious to everyone that there is no such thing as a quick deal in Arsene Wenger Land, as we all know he will scrimp and save every penny when he gets the chance, so it looks like we are in for another few weeks of negotiations for Gervinho.

The player himself has told Lille that he wants to join Arsenal, which should give Wenger an advantage, but those Wily Frenchmen can be just as hard-nosed as Wenger when it comees to transfer dealings. Look at last years saga with Laurent Koscielny….

So reports from France say Lille laughed at Wenger’s opening bid (believed to be 10m Euros) and refused it out of hand, and are demanding that Arsenal come back with a much higher starting point if they want to continue negotiations for the Ivory Coast star that has scored 31 goals in 75 games for the Ligue 1 Champions.

But talks are continuing and The Sun today reckons that Wenger will go as high as £12m (13m euros) to secure his services, but will that be enough for Lille?

Apparently the author of this has a habit of writing up bullshit articles. And the less said about The Sun, the better.

Ultimately, I feel the deal will go through after July 1st when the window officially opens.

That's what a lot of fans are forgetting. The international window doesn't open until next Friday and Arsenal, who have a strict aherence to transfer rules, won't confirm any deal until that window is open.

The domestic window is open, therefore teams are announcing domestic transfers i.e. Carl Jenkinson to us, Jones and Young to United, O'Hara to Wolves.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:45 pm

But Sahin joined Real Madrid...unless each country's international transfer window opens at a different time. I'm honestly not familiar with the whole situation

It has recently come to my attention that we have been tracking Alvarez for three years. If that is true, then that means that this transfer is not as spontaneous as it first seemed to be, to me at least. If we've been monitoring him then Wenger must have seen something in him even back then, which can only be a good thing.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:59 pm

Madrid have confirmed the deal but I don't think Sahin has officially moved clubs yet. As of now, he is still technically a Dortmund player but on July 1st, he'll become a Madrid player.

Basically, teams aren't prohibited from confirming deals before the international window opens, but the actual trading of players doesn't occur until that window opens. Furthermore, different clubs operate in different ways. Generally, I find that most foreign clubs have no qualms announcing a deal before July 1st, but Arsenal traditionally wait until that date unless it's a domestic transfer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_window

See the table where it shows the opening and closing dates for the window in different countries. It opens earlier in England than any other nation.

It has recently come to my attention that we have been tracking Alvarez for three years. If that is true, then that means that this transfer is not as spontaneous as it first seemed to be, to me at least. If we've been monitoring him then Wenger must have seen something in him even back then, which can only be a good thing.

None of our signings are spontaneous. The Alvarez one has come out of nowhere since none of us knew who he was, but Arsenal did. Arsenal probably know about hundreds of players that they think posesses the quality or potential to play for Arsenal. Just goes to show how elaborate our scouting system really is.

Wenger has been watching Gervinho ever since he joined Le Mans about three or four years ago and chances are he's monitored the progress of several domestic based players, too.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:37 pm

Thanks for the info Jay

Perhaps I should have clarified a bit...by spontaneous, I meant out-of-the-bloo. One day I woke up and found sites reporting that we already signed the player. Of course, they were false, but the shock was still there. A player we have never heard of, let alone been linked with, was at the top of our summer list. Our scouting system does indeed fascinate me sometimes.

To talk about him as a player could be redundant though. I mean, none of us have seen him play live and we've only seen the youtube videos all of which contain the same clips. They rarely ever show the flaws of the player. His attributes, be they physical, mental or technical seem to fill in certain voids that we have in the team and for that I am pleased. I hope we get him...the youtube videos made me like him a lot to be honest
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:52 pm

What I know about him is this:

He's a direct dribbler who is left footed, can play anywhere across the front-line and has a hell of a shot on him. He's also over six foot and is reasonably quick, so he has physical presence to go with his technical ability.

However, he's only played 55 times for Velez and only really made his breakthrough this season, making 40 (19 stars, 21 sub) appearances in all competition. Statistically, he's only contributed 5 goals and 2 assists. He only has 6 goals in his whole career so far.

For supposedly £10,000,000 to £12,000,000, it's still a heck of a gamble signing this guy.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:06 am

I always want to know, who tells the papers about the players Arsenal are interested in. We all know Wenger will not come out and say he is interested in any player, he has always been like this.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:12 am

Raptorgunner wrote:I always want to know, who tells the papers about the players Arsenal are interested in. We all know Wenger will not come out and say he is interested in any player, he has always been like this.

Basically, journalists hover around stadiums and training grounds and ask people who work at the club if they've heard anything. Agents are also a pretty common source for news as they're often quite willing to talk.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:52 am

He must have some real potential in order for Wenger to be interested in him, though. Or he's just being a cheapskate like always and does not want to spend big.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:15 am

Sushi Master wrote:He must have some real potential in order for Wenger to be interested in him, though. Or he's just being a cheapskate like always and does not want to spend big.

By his own standards and principles, spending more than £10,000,000 on an unproven talent is spending big. It doesn't make sense for Alvarez to be an alternative cheap signing.

So that must mean that Wenger sees something in him that's worth taking a gamble on.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:48 am

One could argue that the signing of Reyes was a massive gamble too. Potentially, he could've cost us near £20m if he saw out his contract with certain incentives being met.

I think on the grand scheme of things, £10m seems to be chciken feed. For a team like Arsenal, however, £10m is a lot; for Utd, it isn't.

Bebe cost £8m, and at the time, there was absolutely NO evidence to support the claim, by 'this agent', that he was worth a punt. SAF sigined this kid without even looking at a youtube clips ffs-he's available for £2m- and the rest is history.

So yeah, there's definitley something AW sees in him that NO one had. Inevitably though, once we registered an interest, several team jumped on the bandwagon. I think Alvarez's case, is consistency; 50% of the time, he is a sub...
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:53 am

I remember a time when Reyes was considered a talent on the same level as Ronaldo. That one turned out well. Laughing

I suppose Alvarez is quite a raw talent that, even at 23, may just turn into something very good. If he fails, then it's not that bad despite the fee we would spend on him.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:59 am

Lol. But Reyes was doing things to defenders that made people take notice. If he stayed at Arsenal, I believe he would've been mentioned along the likes of Ronaldo, Robben, Ribery and Messi. Technically, he was superb.

Something about this Alvarez bloke, tells me he's either an impact player of runs out of steam around the 65min mark Suspect

-------

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=2462
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40